• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What I have now is a earthly salvation!! as long as I obey God and don't sin wilfully, but the real eternal salvation comes when we cross the finish line!! having kept ourselves holly and righteous before God.
See, he understands that salvation is NOT a one-and-done deal.

Last edited:

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I notice you didn't use any Scripture to support your statements. That makes them your opinion or assertions.
That could be true if you don't know scripture

11 Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
Eph 5

16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last.
John 15

2 This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands.
3 This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,
4 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.
1 John 5

21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."
John 14

2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.
John 15

19 Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, "May you never bear fruit again!" Immediately the tree withered.
Matt 21

4 So, my brothers, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit to God.
5 For when we were controlled by the sinful nature, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in our bodies, so that we bore fruit for death.
Rom 7

20 I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.
Acts 26

10 The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.
Matt 3

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We did not lose free will when we became saved.....
We can still decide to abandon God.
You are correct.
So, what's with your forum name, "GodsGrace"?

Is it God's grace that allows some BACs
to exercise their free will to fall from grace
whilst they are involved in habitual (unrepentant) sin? (for example)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I personally do not know anyone that believes in the security of the believer AND believes they never have to confess sins , nor have i ever ran into anyone that thinks we never sin after believing. Not sure where youre getting all of this.

Amen!! True.

Reactions: Nondenom40

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
... every time this subject comes up.. the words I BELIEVE. comes up.
this subject will never be settled
I think you've seen this before ...

The NT word "believe" must include endurance, obedience, practicing righteousness, etc.
because all of these CONDITIONS are blatantly obvious in the NT.

However, you can continue to ignore this explanation, if you choose to.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Quite clearly YOU ARE CLUELESS about salvation. And to call any teaching "garbage" shows how clueless you are. So now you need to decide whether you wish to LEARN or you wish to PROMOTE nonsense.

YAY!!!
You said it before me. :)
Amen.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The NT word "believe" must include endurance, obedience, practicing righteousness, etc.

Yes agree , good post...

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the reasons why this OSAS theory came about is because of the ideas of election and predestination. Many still do not understand those doctrines.

God's Word shows the existence of those who are called only, and then those who are called and chosen. Like our Lord Jesus said, 'many are called, but few are chosen'. A chosen one means a 'sent' one, to be sent. Jesus explained this about His Apostles in John 17. They belonged to The Father beforehand, and He gave them to Jesus. And Jesus said He prayed not only for them, but also for all those who believe on Him through their word (i.e., through their preaching of The Gospel). And then He prayed that they all become 'one' in Him and in The Father.

What John 17 then reveals, is the idea of a predestined chosen elect that Jesus already owns, and can divinely influence, like Apostle Paul whom Jesus directly converted when Paul was busy persecuting the Church. Jesus came up to His Apostles and told them to follow, and they got up and followed Him. Called and chosen. And for those, God's Word shows they cannot ever lose their Salvation. If they get out of line, God will discipline them and get them back into His service. They are not going to get out of their duty He has sent them into this world for. Jonah tried to, and we know how it worked out for him.

But for those of us who are called only, He will not pull us back into the fold if we fall away, unless we ask Him. We have not been sent into this world like the Patriarchs, prophets, and Apostles. But we are called to believe The Gospel. Even the chosen must believe The Gospel, but they are already sealed, sanctified, and glorified, for their duty. Not all of us are, which is where the confusion happens.

This is why Christ's Apostles spent much time admonishing those called only, to stay in Christ and not fall away, to examine ourselves whether we are in the Faith.

For those of us who will go through the coming great tribulation, those warnings will have greater meaning, because of the coming false-Messiah/Antichrist who will work miracles and wonders on this earth to make the whole world believe he is God. Lot of Churches are going to be saying that is our Lord Jesus when it will not be.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you took Time out of the equation, your yes would be yes, and your no would be no.

With our timeless and eternal God, salvation is yes or no. But people believing that time is eternal rather than finite and complete before the foundation of the world, are simply under the shortsighted impression and illusion that what is written and now revealed, is not; and that God is making things up as He goes by the seat of the pants of those He gave freewill, not in this lifetime, but before the foundation of the world. That was you moment of freewill--this is just the reading of the will. It is specifically to those that every word that tells of the end and that every eye shall see, is written.

Nonetheless, those who have already seen, already know the truth.

Reactions: Helen

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks. This clears it up some. What does going out to buy and sale to get more oil represent? My guess would be more time to hear the Word to come to salvation. But what is unclear to me is if they were able to come back, did they have the oil. Maybe the oil is more spiritual discernment to come to salvation the right way. Like by the time they found the right way through Christ Jesus, it was too late. Ive been trying to understand this parable for awhile now.

Jesus appears to be saying it is not just enough to have everything ok, it is to be always ready.
Situations can change, things get in the way, focus can shift on the world and its problems. But their faith
was not strong enough, it faltered and they went away to find inspiration and restore themselves ready
for the King. But while they were away the King returned.

Being faithful to the Lord is everything, this is no part time exercise, it is about waiting for the King.
The parable after this one is being faithful to the talents God provides.
God bless you

Reactions: Nancy

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If you took Time out of the equation, your yes would be yes, and your no would be no.

With our timeless and eternal God, salvation is yes or no. But people believing that time is eternal rather than finite and complete before the foundation of the world, are simply under the shortsighted impression and illusion that what is written and now revealed, is not. It is specifically to those that every word that tells of the end and that every eye shall see, is written.

Nonetheless, those who have already seen, already know the truth.

So salvation, the turning from this world to God through the cross is just saying "Yes".
Now that is the shortest gospel ever and the closest to universalism while not being it you could get.

9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
Rom 10

But this belief is active faith that produces fruit, making the heart of the believer alive to Christ.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Once Saved, then we are always saved.
the Bible says, ‘That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shall be saved. For with the heart man believes to righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made to salvation. Romans 10:9-10.

As we believe in the Lord Jesus, as long as we believe in our hearts and acknowledge Him with our mouths, then we are saved, and if we are saved once then we are always saved.
As long as we keep focused and pressing forward to our heavenly Goal....and the Prize of the high calling = God Himself...and we endure till the very end, then salvation is secure...because it is OF Him and IN Him.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
1 John 2:17 along with 1 John 3:6 teaches me that POTS (Perseverance of the Saints) is the reality rather than OSAS (Once Save Always Saved)
The verb "doeth" in 1 John 2:17 and "abideth" in 1 John 3:6 are in the present tense denoting the action is ongoing, sustained.

What happens if the Christians do not continue to "doeth" and does not continue to "abideth"? What "IF" the Christian quits walking in the light, 1 John 1:7 and quits confessing his sins 1 John 1:9 will he be unconditionally saved anyway? No.

Nor is there any verse that says there is accountability upon God to see to it that the Christian continues to doeth the will of God, will continue to abideth in Christ, will continue to walk in the light, will continue to confess his sins. All these verses put the accountability upon the Christian to continue to 'doeth', 'abideth', 'walketh' and 'confess'. Why would 1 John 1:7 and 1 John 1:9 begin with the conditional word "if" if God is accountable for the Christian to continue to walk in the light and confess his sins? The "IF" shows accountability is upon the Christian not upon God.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Romans 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
It is not of ourselves that we are made righteous.
This verse does NOT say many are made righteous UNCONDTIONALLY. As it does not say many were made sinner UNCONDTIONALLY.

Those who are made righteous were so by CONDITONALLY having faith (Romans 5:1) and continuing to conditionally have faith.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't been pointing to Calvinists. Anyone can misinterpret 1 John 3:9 like I was saying, and I've already had conversations with some (that didn't say they were Calvinists) on this forum that use 1 John 3:9 to mean that all future sin is forgiven, even before it is committed, which is not what John meant at all.

1 John 3:9 is in context with 1 John 3:4. That type of sin is no longer in a Spirit-filled Christian's nature so they won't commit them.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
the oil can represent the spirit or it can represent salvation main thing the wise was ready as this event took place at night Matthew 25 Barnes' Notes

Indeed...it can represent a close union with the Lord...and it can represent the nature of the Father....love.

Depending on which crowd you are preaching to and the word needed at the time...

For me, it represents it all...none is right and none is wrong. :)

God does not ever speak on just one level.

Reactions: Grailhunter

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

ignore what ????????????? you have to "believe" from the Heart romans 10:10 God deals with our heart our very inner being