Once Saved....always Saved - Results of Questionnaire.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A straight forward ONE TIME occurrence.
No confusing language.
No caveat of one becoming Unsaved.
No requirement to repeat.

Sure, and references to repentance, baptism, etc. was all put in scripture just for the heck of it.

Good Luck!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, just understand that Hitler is "in" with this theology, ok, not that i wish to make any judgements where he is concerned lol
Yes, leave the man alone. He is where he is no matter what we may think about him.

Reactions: Taken

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, leave the man alone. He is where he is no matter what we may think about him.

We'r not suppose to have an opinion about a demon possessed dictator who send millions to their death?

Small wonder the public school system stinks.

"Yes, leave the man alone."

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We'r not suppose to have an opinion about a demon possessed dictator who send millions to their death?

Small wonder the public school system stinks.

"Yes, leave the man alone."
Well you are on point on the one hand, but on the other, my remark was stated with a bit of sarcasm. As to how God sees Hitler, we may guess from what we think we know of Hitler and what we think we knows of God, but... God does not guess because He does know exactly what Hitler was at the end of his time. We do not.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God can do whatever He wants with His creation. He always does righteously...what is right.
Big deal. (Luke 22:3) tells us when the devil entered Judas. So what? Judas was a devil before that. (John 6:70)
You 'disagree' with my position, but, it is not unscriptural.

Stranger
Time for another Bible lesson . . .

As I have already explained to you - The Gospel of John is NOT like the other 3 synoptic Gospels.
It doesn't follow the same chronology. The events of John 6 are irrelevant, chronologically-speaking, in comparison to the 3 synoptics.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously.

No one is stopping you from proclaiming, the False ideas that the Lords Works is subject to a mans whims.

Your works are obvious for anyone to observe.

God Bless,
Taken
In the beginning God gave man the dominion over his own actions and that was not removed by anything that Jesus did. What Jesus did was make it possible for each us given the choices given to Adam and Eve to not repeat their error. For this God has allowed each of us an allotted amount of time to walk with Him or not. At the end of our time if we are on the wrong side, we have then lost any Life we may have gained, just as Adam and Eve did that first time when they had such a very clean start.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ONCE saved.

Obviously lends to the Understanding, Saving is something that OCCURS.

The OCCURRENCE lends to the Understanding,
One is NOT Saved, and then BECOMES Saved.

ONCE Saved, obviously lends to the Understanding, SAVING OCCURRED.

Heb 10:9
That IF thou shalt CONFESS with thy MOUTH the Lord Jesus
And

BELIEVE IN THINE HEART that God raised him from the dead, thou
SHALT BE SAVED.
A straight forward ONE TIME occurrence.
No confusing language.
No caveat of one becoming Unsaved.
No requirement to repeat.

Yes, ONCE SAVED, ALWAYS SAVED.

Trust the TRUTH.

God Bless,
Taken
This is the blunder that YOU and every other absolutist makes.
You take ONE verse and build an entire doctrine around it - instead of taking ALL of the pertinent verses about salvation in context.

The Bible ALSO says that the following saves us and/or aids in our salvation:
- Being baptized (Matt. 28:19-20, Mark 16:16, John 3:5, Acts 2:38, Rom. 2:29, Rom. 6:1-11, Col. 2:12-17, 1 Peter 3:21)
- Picking up our cross daily to follow him (Matt. 16:24, Luke 9:23)
- Works of mercy and charity (Matt. 19:21, 25:31–46, Luke 18:22)
- Obeying his commandments (John 14:15, 15:10)
- Doing the will of the Father (Matt. 7:21, James 1:22)
- Suffering with Christ (Matt. 10:38, 16:24, Mark 8:34, John 12:24, Rom. 8:17, 2 Cor. 1:5-7, Eph. 3:13, Phil. 1:29, 2 Tim. 1:8, 1 Peter 2:19-21, 4:1-2)

As for the verse YOU presented - here is how Jesus clarifies that:
Matt. 7:21
Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but ONLY the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
YOU don't.
I say to hear and listen to the Word of God and Trust to believe in your heart what you hear.

If that is offensive to you, so be it.

You made it clear, you have learned all you need to know.

I actually stopped talking to you, awhile ago.
I don't speak for your benefit, but rather for those standing by, who are interested in what the Word of God SAYS!

I would say, betting on what you don't know is a poor choice.

It is obvious, the learning, before committing,
Is taught in Scripture, but hey, if you want to erroneously think it my idea, that's you.
But for others standing by; "it's a Biblical Concept to know about what you are committing to".

Thanks for sharing another one of your unBiblical teachings.

For those standing by:

Matt 4:18
Matt 4:19
And He (Jesus) saith to them (Peter & Andrew),
Follow me, and I will MAKE YOU fishers of men.

(Well we all (well not all), but some of us know, that was the first time Peter laid eyes on Jesus, and knew nothing of Jesus. So, no, Peter was not saved that day.

Peter followed Jesus, and continued following Jesus, and listening to Jesus, and learning from Jesus....

Um...for nearly 3 years daily.

It was AFTER Jesus bodily left the earth, the Disciples were all together (with some other followers) and together, they all became....
FILLED with the Holy Spirit.

Acts 2:4
And they were ALL FILLED with the Holy Spirit

Do not be offended by my responses to your posts. They are for others standing by, to see where your teaching is not Biblical, so they may go and look up Scripture and verify what is the Truth.

No problem if you do not address me.

God Bless,
Taken
So, for those reading along, if someone decides to follow Christ,
it's going to take them A LOT of time, like 3 years for the disciples, to become saved? Are you serious? I wish you'd say what chuch you go to. Probably none. You heard some guy on youtube and it sounded good to you.
NO RESPECTABLE THEOLOGIAN TEACHES THIS nonsense.

Great. And what if they die in the meantime? They're lost because they didn't have enough time to learn EVERYTHING we can about Jesus?
No dear sir. We are Saved immediately upon being born from above.
John 3:3,5
We BELIEVE in Jesus, He does what He promised us He would do:
Save us from the wrath of God. Why would I need the covering of Jesus if all depended solely on me?
Mathew 22:11-14 We are to put on Christ
Romans 13:14 Ditto
Galatians 3:27 Ditto

Please see Acts 2:37-39
Some came to Peter asking him what they were supposed to do to be filled with the Holy Spirit.
Peter said:
Acts 2:38
Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Do you know of anyone who has the Holy Spirit who is not born again??

You might also want to check out:
Acts 16:29-34

29And he called for lights and rushed in, and trembling with fear he fell down before Paul and Silas, 30and after he brought them out, he said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”

The Jailer Converted

31They said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.” 32And they spoke the word of the Lord to him together with all who were in his house. 33And he took them that very hour of the night and washed their wounds, and immediately he was baptized, he and all his household. 34And he brought them into his house and set food before them, and rejoiced greatly, having believed in God with his whole household.

So when did all the learning you speak of happen in this case also? It didn't, because BELIEF in the Lord is all that is necessary for salvation.
The jailer and his household were saved that VERY NIGHT.

This is a new idea which you present. That it takes a procedure that could last years.
IT IS NOT BIBLICAL.

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
@"ByGrace"
Difficult to believe you gave Taken a LIKE in post 415.
Sometimes I wonder if you understand what people are saying.
Read his post again. He's saying you ARE NOT SAVED immediately upon believing.

Is THIS also what YOU believe?
How many years of learning does it take according to you?
How many good works does it take?
Come on BG.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@"ByGrace"
Difficult to believe you gave Taken a LIKE in post 415.
Sometimes I wonder if you understand what people are saying.
Read his post again. He's saying you ARE NOT SAVED immediately upon believing.

Is THIS also what YOU believe?
How many years of learning does it take according to you?
How many good works does it take?
Come on BG.

Hi there
I believe she was saying....that at our first encounter is not always ‘fully believing’....it took me a number of months myself after I first felt the Lord nudging me into His kingdom. I agree with her...they followed Jesus and He Taught them. At that time all Israel were looking for a deliverer.
It took them a while to come to the truth of who He really was...I don’t think it was instant.
Toward the end Jesus said to Peter...”When you are converted strengthen thy brethren “

Reactions: Taken

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Hi there
I believe she was saying....that at our first encounter is not always ‘fully believing’....it took me a number of months myself after I first felt the Lord nudging me into His kingdom. I agree with her...they followed Jesus and He Taught them. At that time all Israel were looking for a deliverer.
It took them a while to come to the truth of who He really was...I don’t think it was instant.
Toward the end Jesus said to Peter...”When you are converted strengthen thy brethren “
Could you give me the verse?
You're so big on grace, and then you say the above.
Your personal experience does not Christianity make.
When you DID believe, were you saved at that point, or did you have some things you had to learn first?

If Peter had died one year into Jesus' ministry would he have been saved or lost?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure, and references to repentance, baptism, etc. was all put in scripture just for the heck of it.

Good Luck!

Well, uh....gee, Should have been obvious the mans part....Confession, belief in ones heart...

Who said not to know what the Lord Does AFTER Confession of Belief in ones heart?

God Bless,
Taken

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When you DID believe, were you saved at that point, or did you have some things you had to learn first?

If Peter had died one year into Jesus' ministry would he have been saved or lost

#1 Yes
#2 Saved ..

Reactions: GodsGrace

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the beginning God gave man the dominion over his own actions and that was not removed by anything that Jesus did. What Jesus did was make it possible for each us given the choices given to Adam and Eve to not repeat their error. For this God has allowed each of us an allotted amount of time to walk with Him or not. At the end of our time if we are on the wrong side, we have then lost any Life we may have gained, just as Adam and Eve did that first time when they had such a very clean start.

I likely would have said it differently, but get your drift.

God Bless,
Taken

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Time for another Bible lesson . . .

As I have already explained to you - The Gospel of John is NOT like the other 3 synoptic Gospels.
It doesn't follow the same chronology. The events of John 6 are irrelevant, chronologically-speaking, in comparison to the 3 synoptics.

The events of (John 6) are not irrelevant. It is placed at the time of Peters confession. There is no other record in the other Gospels to place it anywhere else.

In other words, the question of when exactly an event occurs in a Gospel is determined by comparing the other Gospels. Jesus's statement that 'one of the disciples is a devil' comes at the time of the confession of Peter. There is nothing in the other Gospels to dispute that. Maybe you want to place the confession of Peter somewhere else, but you cannot place Jesus statement concerning one of the disciples being a devil somewhere else. It is at the confession of Peter.

Stranger

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
When you make false testimonies; Your argument becomes moot.

God Bless,
Taken
LOL
That's not a testimony. Even your terms are confused.
That's what is commonly called an accusation.

So everything becomes moot?

I think so. Not left with too many words are you?
Since you've been found out...
I've never heard such nonsense as you expouse.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heaven is another place of Pure Light separated from Earth with a firmament, whereas Earth has Light and Darkness.

Earth was created as a habitat for mankind, that has not changed. What shall change, is the barrier of the firmament; when the Pure Light of Heaven shall encompass the Earth with only Light, as Darkness, (literally), and the Darkness of Sin upon the Earth and fallen spirits and unsaved mankind is subdued.

Meantime ~ spirits and souls of the deceased saved are kept in Heaven, temporarily.

God Bless,
Taken
So what does this verse mean?

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." John 3:13

I see Jesus in more than one heaven even as in another place the apostle Paul spoke of a 3rd heaven. Jesus, prior to being born to Mary in Bethlehem, was in heaven with the Father, but even as he spoke here in his flesh about 2,000 years ago he was in another heaven where no other man was. With the outpouring of the Holy Ghost [Acts chapter 2] it became possible for men to enter heaven here but also the other heaven(s).

Jesus was the transitional thing for men. He was the go-between or the mediator between God and men. What had been impossible from the eating of the forbidden fruit in Eden to that time became possible because of what Jesus did. It was possible from that day of Pentecost described in Acts chapter up until the present day. Surely some man or men have already accessed the Way that He opened up to them.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the blunder that YOU and every other absolutist makes.
You take ONE verse and build an entire doctrine around it - instead of taking ALL of the pertinent verses about salvation in context.

Your failure to comprehend does not affect the Truth.

The Bible ALSO says that the following saves us and/or aids in our salvation:
- Being baptized (Matt. 28:19-20, Mark 16:16, John 3:5, Acts 2:38, Rom. 2:29, Rom. 6:1-11, Col. 2:12-17, 1 Peter 3:21)

Being Baptized, is not the act of a man!

- Picking up our
cross daily to follow him (Matt. 16:24, Luke 9:23)

This is Works. Works does not save a man.

Works of mercy and charity (Matt. 19:21, 25:31–46, Luke 18:22)

Obeying his commandments (John 14:15, 15:10)

Obeying is accomplished AFTER Saving, BECAUSE ot the INDWELLING POWER,
So, no, that is not being SAVE.

Doing the will of the Father (Matt. 7:21, James 1:22)

Doing the WILL of the Father, is accomplished By BECOMING SAVED, and being Saved is Accomplished by the Power of God.

Suffering with Christ (Matt. 10:38, 16:24, Mark 8:34, John 12:24, Rom. 8:17, 2 Cor. 1:5-7, Eph. 3:13, Phil. 1:29, 2 Tim. 1:8, 1 Peter 2:19-21, 4:1-2)

Suffering is After one is Saved, being persecuted by the unSaved.
So, no, that is not Becoming Saved.

As for the verse YOU presented - here is how Jesus clarifies that:
Matt. 7:21
Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but ONLY the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

A man who desires to do the Will of the Father; "makes an ELECTION of God, and CALLING out to God, in Confession of Belief in his heart".

Rom 10:10

2 Pet 1:10
...give DILIGENCE to make YOUR CALLING and ELECTION sure.

(Unlike some who teach, it is not necessary to learn and know before committing)

1 Thes 1:4
Knowing ....YOUR ELECTION OF GOD.

Your blunder, not mine.

God Bless,
Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your failure to comprehend does not affect the Truth.

Being Baptized, is not the act of a man!
Obeying is accomplished AFTER Saving, BECAUSE ot the INDWELLING POWER,

So, no, that is not being SAVE.

Doing the WILL of the Father, is accomplished By BECOMING SAVED, and being Saved is Accomplished by the Power of God.

Suffering is After one is Saved, being persecuted by the unSaved.
So, no, that is not Becoming Saved.

A man who desires to do the Will of the Father; "makes an ELECTION of God, and CALLING out to God, in Confession of Belief in his heart".

Rom 10:10

2 Pet 1:10
...give DILIGENCE to make YOUR CALLING and ELECTION sure.

(Unlike some who teach, it is not necessary to learn and know before committing)

1 Thes 1:4
Knowing ....YOUR ELECTION OF GOD.

Your blunder, not mine.

God Bless,
Taken
That's NOT what the Bible says - in CONTEXT.
Your problem is that you cherry-pick to arrive at your aberrant positions.

The context of Scripture tells us that works are a VITAL part of our faith.
In fact, James tells us that Belief + Works = FAITH (James 2:14-26).

Without faith, you cannot be saved, correct?
Simply believing is NOT enough because even the demons believe but aren't saved (James 2:19) . . .