Outline of Revelation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

toknowthetruth

May 11, 2015
How's this for an outline of Revelation?

I. Chapters 1-7 (Seven seals) Bird's eye view of time from John's day to New Heaven and New Earth
A. 1-3 Intro and Seven Churches
B. 4-7 Six seals and prep for seventh seal

II. Chapters 8-14 (Seven trumpets) Zeroing in on the period of great tribulation and rapture
A. 8-11 Seventh seal and Seven trumpets of the tribulation
B. 12-14 The Woman, the Dragon, the Beast, and the Rapture

III. Chapters 15-22 (Seven vials) Zeroing in on wrath of God, the Millennium, Battle of Gog and Magog, and the New Heavens and New Earth.
A. 15-16 Seven vials of God's Wrath
B. 17-19 Mystery Babylon, the Marriage Supper of the Lamb, Beast and False Prophet defeated
C. 20-22 Millenium, Battle of Gog and Magog, White Throne Judgement, and New Heaven and New Earth

You could almost put the seventh seal in chapter 7 to make it more uniform, but technically it falls into the very beginning of chapter 8.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
toknowthetruth said:
How's this for an outline of Revelation?

I. Chapters 1-7 (Seven seals) Bird's eye view of time from John's day to New Heaven and New Earth
A. 1-3 Intro and Seven Churches
B. 4-7 Six seals and prep for seventh seal

II. Chapters 8-14 (Seven trumpets) Zeroing in on the period of great tribulation and rapture
A. 8-11 Seventh seal and Seven trumpets of the tribulation
B. 12-14 The Woman, the Dragon, the Beast, and the Rapture

III. Chapters 15-22 (Seven vials) Zeroing in on wrath of God, the Millennium, Battle of Gog and Magog, and the New Heavens and New Earth.
A. 15-16 Seven vials of God's Wrath
B. 17-19 Mystery Babylon, the Marriage Supper of the Lamb, Beast and False Prophet defeated
C. 20-22 Millenium, Battle of Gog and Magog, White Throne Judgement, and New Heaven and New Earth

You could almost put the seventh seal in chapter 7 to make it more uniform, but technically it falls into the very beginning of chapter 8.
I do believe rapture will occur at the sixth seal. What do you think.

toknowthetruth

May 11, 2015
ATP said:
No, the sixth seal.
Oh, OK. I see what you're saying. Yes, I do believe this is a description of the second coming as well as the end of the Millennium with the creation of the New Heaven and New Earth. Like I mentioned in my outline this is like an overview of these events. Later in Rev it gets more into the details.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, toknowthetruth.

Sorry, but you have an unexpected link that tells us that the seven trumpet judgments - the seven shofars - occur AFTER the sixth seal. From the opening of the sixth seal through the fifth trumpet judgment, we have the description of a meteor shower, indeed, a meteorITE shower as objects fall from the sky to the ground over and over again.

Sixth Seal = herald meteors
Seventh Seal = the lull before the storm and coals from the altar hurled to the ground
First Trumpet = hail and fire mixed with blood fell to the ground
Second Trumpet = huge burning mountain thrown into the sea
Third Trumpet = Wormwood (Absinthe), sputtering like a torch, poisons the fresh waters as it breaks up in the atmosphere
Fourth Trumpet = a third of the light of the sun, moon, and stars was darkened
Fifth Trumpet = the star falling from the sky to the earth given the key coordinates to open the abyss and release the locusts

Thus, the Trumpet Judgments don’t repeat the opening of the Seals or zoom in upon them. There’s a PROGRESSION between the two sets.

toknowthetruth

May 11, 2015
Retrobyter said:
Shalom, toknowthetruth.

Sorry, but you have an unexpected link that tells us that the seven trumpet judgments - the seven shofars - occur AFTER the sixth seal. From the opening of the sixth seal through the fifth trumpet judgment, we have the description of a meteor shower, indeed, a meteorITE shower as objects fall from the sky to the ground over and over again.

Sixth Seal = herald meteors
Seventh Seal = the lull before the storm and coals from the altar hurled to the ground
First Trumpet = hail and fire mixed with blood fell to the ground
Second Trumpet = huge burning mountain thrown into the sea
Third Trumpet = Wormwood (Absinthe), sputtering like a torch, poisons the fresh waters as it breaks up in the atmosphere
Fourth Trumpet = a third of the light of the sun, moon, and stars was darkened
Fifth Trumpet = the star falling from the sky to the earth given the key coordinates to open the abyss and release the locusts

Thus, the Trumpet Judgments don’t repeat the opening of the Seals or zoom in upon them. There’s a PROGRESSION between the two sets.
That's one way to look at it. Personally I see the six seals as an overview of things to come from John's day up to the end of time with the language in the sixth seal alluding to the second coming (sun shall be darkened) and the end of the millennium (islands fled away). I see chapter 7 as the saints being sealed for protection during the tribulation during which time the 7 trumpets are sounded releasing plagues and destruction on the earth and upon the unregenerate people on the earth. The next chapters up to 14 are all pertaining to the tribulation. After that it shifts into the time period after the trib and up to the end of time.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, toknowthetruth.

toknowthetruth said:
That's one way to look at it. Personally I see the six seals as an overview of things to come from John's day up to the end of time with the language in the sixth seal alluding to the second coming (sun shall be darkened) and the end of the millennium (islands fled away). I see chapter 7 as the saints being sealed for protection during the tribulation during which time the 7 trumpets are sounded releasing plagues and destruction on the earth and upon the unregenerate people on the earth. The next chapters up to 14 are all pertaining to the tribulation. After that it shifts into the time period after the trib and up to the end of time.
Well, I know that’s how you see it; you’ve already said as much.

Let’s ask some basic questions: Why do you think that the sun shall be darkened at the Second Coming? Why do you think the islands are going to flee away at the end of the Millennium? In chapter 7, I’m not convinced that all of the “saints” are represented in the crowds. First, we have the children of Israel represented by the 12 tribes (of the 13). Second, we have those who have come out of tribulation. Third, who?

Another basic question is this: Why do you think the “tribulation” will be limited to 7 years? or the “great tribulation” to 3.5 years?

toknowthetruth

May 11, 2015
Retrobyter said:
Shalom, toknowthetruth.

Well, I know that’s how you see it; you’ve already said as much.

Let’s ask some basic questions: Why do you think that the sun shall be darkened at the Second Coming? Why do you think the islands are going to flee away at the end of the Millennium? In chapter 7, I’m not convinced that all of the “saints” are represented in the crowds. First, we have the children of Israel represented by the 12 tribes (of the 13). Second, we have those who have come out of tribulation. Third, who?

Another basic question is this: Why do you think the “tribulation” will be limited to 7 years? or the “great tribulation” to 3.5 years?
Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the trib...shall the sun be darkened.
Rev 16:20 And every island fled away...
Rev 20:11 ... from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away...
Rev 21:1 ... and the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Not sure what you meant by " not all of the saints are represented in the crowds".
Don't ascribe to the 7 years of trib, only to 3.5 years of great trib. The AC will reign 7 years, but trib will start in the middle of his reign. 3.5 years in mentioned in several places as 1260 days, 42 months, in the midst of the 7, a time and times and half a time. I'm sure you know the references. :)