Rapper DMX dies of alleged overdose; claims Jesus was his Savior

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You do understand that Jesus is NOT teaching to not judge, but not to do it hypocritically? Would you be judging by not allowing a pedophile to watch your children?
Please refer to post #17

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 2
[1] But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
[2] And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
[3] And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know anything about this man, but to claim he wasn't saved is unbiblical because the only two beings that knew his heart were him and the Lord and that's good enough for me.

Reactions: teamventure

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I made the new covenant version of the daily sacrifice: I denied self, took up my cross on a daily basis, and followed my savior, Yeshua ha Moshiach. (Luke 9:23)
This process of sanctification (the inner circumcision), is not instant, for me it took 20 years, many years of isolation, and suffering that I would've thought would drive one mad.
I started shooting dope when I was 13. I accepted Jesus as Savior when I was 14. At the time, I had no idea who He was, and I was not looking for Him.
When John 3:16 was read to me, I saw somewhere else. I saw a curtain in front of me, a hand holding a sword burst through it and plunged the sword deep into my belly. I have believe in Him ever since.
I started drugging and drinking when I was 12. People have no idea the hell my life has been. For whatever reason, He has got me through it.
Many Christians in my town still view me as a lazy, lying dope addict.
Even though I have Lupus, Hep. C. (I contracted it at age 15, in 1973), A.D.D., an undiagnosed learning disability (I was 8 before I could speak properly), an upper and lower spinal injury, (one, work-related, the other, a childhood injury), chronic, acute migraines, chronic suicidal depression since childhood, an acquired brain injury (suicide attempt), chronic intestinal tract disease and bleeding that has, at times, left me dizzy from loss of blood; re-occurring Epstein-Barr virus illness; at age 15, I was diagnosed as emotionally disturbed, severe nerve damage that makes my feet feel like they've been injected with novocaine, believe it or not, this is the nutshell version.
I haven't abused a drug in 17 years, though I know that I am a work in progress.
Believe it or not, I'm still ostracized.
And yet, our amazing and unchanging Lord tells me to: love those that hate you; bless those who curse you; pray for those who mistreat you; and give to those who take from you.
I acknowledge that He is right.
Faithful is His name.
If modern-day Pharisees are ever going to turn around, it might happen here at Christianity Board.
The love of God is here. Shalom.

Last edited:

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I made the new covenant version of the daily sacrifice: I denied self, took up My cross on a daily basis, and followed my savior, Yeshua ha Moshiach. (Luke 9:23)
This process of sanctification (the inner circumcision), is not instant, for me it took 20 years, many years of isolation, and suffering that I would've thought would drive one mad.
I started shooting dope when I was 13. I accepted Jesus as Savior when I was 14. At the time, I had no idea who He was, and I was not looking for Him.
When John 3:16 was read to me, I saw somewhere else. I saw a curtain in front of me, a hand holding a sword burst through it and plunged the sword deep into my belly. I have believe in Him ever since.
I started drugging and drinking when I was 12. People have no idea the hell my life has been. For whatever reason, He has got me through it.
Even though I have Lupus, Hep. C. (I contracted it at age 15, in 1973), A.D.D., an undiagnosed learning disability (I was 8 before I could speak properly), an upper and lower spinal injury, (one, work-related, the other, a childhood injury), chronic, acute migraines, chronic suicidal depression since childhood, an acquired brain injury (suicide attempt), chronic intestinal tract disease and bleeding that has, at times, left me dizzy from loss of blood; re-occurring Epstein-Barr virus illness; at age 15, I was diagnosed as emotionally disturbed, severe nerve damage that makes my feet feel like they've been injected with novocaine, believe it or not, this is the nutshell version.
I haven't abused a drug in 17 years, though I know that I am a work in progress.
And yet, our amazing and unchanging Lord tells me to: love those that hate you; bless those who curse you; pray for those who mistreat you; and give to those who take from you.
Faithful is His name.
If modern-day Pharisees are ever going to turn around, it might happen here at Christianity Board.
GLORY GLORY GLORY... ALL PRAISE TO CHRIST JESUS OUR KING... You know ... I stay here on a moment to moment basis... most days I just don't want to bother talking to people because I am just not liking what I hear... THIS testimony is the definition of MERCY... GRACE... STRENGTH... PERSEVERANCE and LONG-SUFFERING.... My precious brother in CHRIST... He has you by HIS right hand and has promised NEVER to let you go. Thank you so much for sharing this precious testimony.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture does not get any plainer that this.... yet people choose to ignore the warning and false teaching gives them permission to get all puffy and arrogant.

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye. ~Matthew 7:1-5
If taken in context, as a whole, those verses mean not to judge others unjustly. It would be like the saying, "the pot calling the kettle black."

The conclusion Jesus gives is to first deal with our own sin so we can see to help someone deal with theirs. Later in that chapter, He says "you will know them by their fruits." (Fruit inspectors, which sounds a lot like judging.)

I think what we can draw from these verses is that we shouldn't be hasty to judge others without first considering and examining our own hearts. Then, we can approach our brother or sister in the spirit of love and judge righteously and not hypothetically.

Last edited:

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
784963448_1826633.gif

Rest in peace Mr.Simmons. :( May God bless and lend comfort to your grieving family, friends, and fans.

Someone close to me once shared this. How we speak of the dead says alot about us.
cross-animated-gif-53.gif

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone
Let's not get this backwards. There were a lot of details in that scenario.
1. The woman was caught in a sinful act. There is no disputing that.
2. It was a bunch of scribes and Pharisees (hypocrites) who apparently weren't living what they were preaching who were condemning her.
3. Jesus came to bring salvation by grace through faith.
4. After she was given mercy, Jesus told her, "Go and sin no more."

We will fall short, but we are not to purposefully practice sin after coming to Christ.

1 John 2:1-6 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¹ My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: ² And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. ³ And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. ⁴ He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. ⁵ But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. ⁶ He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's not get this backwards. There were a lot of details in that scenario.
1. The woman was caught in a sinful act. There is no disputing that.
2. It was a bunch of scribes and Pharisees (hypocrites) who apparently weren't living what they were preaching who were condemning her.
3. Jesus came to bring salvation by grace through faith.
4. After she was given mercy, Jesus told her, "Go and sin no more."

We will fall short, but we are not to purposefully practice sin after coming to Christ.

1 John 2:1-6 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¹ My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: ² And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. ³ And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. ⁴ He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. ⁵ But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. ⁶ He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Well all I’m saying is you cannot know someone’s heart. Jesus could very well have been his savior. I cannot judge if he is truly a Christian or not. I don’t see someone relapsing as dammed. We are all sinners.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know the life of this man. But what I do know of the entertainment industry is that it's a cruel system controlled by the cult. I don't know what really happened and the media can't be trusted.

None of us were perfect or have walked perfectly after coming to Christ. I know that I was delivered of many things the moment I came to Christ and I was delivered of many clearly evil desires early on.
But there were many things that have been a process...some I have overcome, and some I am still overcoming. I don't think I'm alone or unique in that.

I think the time to deal with this subject would have been when he was alive, to pray for him, and to seek a way to encourage him in his relationship with Christ.

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well all I’m saying is you cannot know someone’s heart. Jesus could very well have been his savior. I cannot judge if he is truly a Christian or not. I don’t see someone relapsing as dammed. We are all sinners.
Agreed .... see my above post.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I made the new covenant version of the daily sacrifice: I denied self, took up my cross on a daily basis, and followed my savior, Yeshua ha Moshiach. (Luke 9:23)
Faithful is His name.

Praise God! I have friends that dug that hole and never climbed out.

Reactions: Truman

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rapper DMX claimed Jesus was his Savior, but his fruit said otherwise. Many try to claim Jesus as Savior but they are friends of the world and still continue to fulfill the lust of the flesh. Counterfeit christianity is popular nowadays.

Jesus said:

Matthew 7
[13] Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
[14] Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
[15] Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
[16] Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
[17] Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
[18] A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
[19] Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
[20] Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

"American rapper and actor Earl Simmons, known by the stage name DMX or Dark Man X, died on Friday, his record label said, after he suffered a heart attack during what media reports said was a drug overdose. He was 50 years old.”

Rapper, actor DMX dies of 'drug overdose'

Even a good tree can have some bad pieces of fruit on it. It is not ours to judge his eternal destiny. that belongs to God alone

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was in a christian rehab for depression. There were plenty of people who became addicted even after getting saved or being brought up Christian.
To me if we were already perfect we wouldn't even need Jesus would we?

Being saved is not being perfect, it means you have been forgiven ahead of time!

Reactions: Rita and April_Rose

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The rapper DMX claimed Jesus was his Savior, but his fruit said otherwise.
From the little bit I could gather from Fox News this man may have been a confused Christian. Although I did not read anything about his conversion.

Reactions: teamventure

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Being saved is not being perfect, it means you have been forgiven ahead of time!
No it may not mean sinless perfection, but neither does it mean continuing in sin and idolatry. And you are forgiven at the time you repent, since repentance is for the remission of sins. But that does not mean that Christians should not be examining themselves, confessing their sins, and turning away from them.

Reactions: 07-07-07 and TLHKAJ