Rapper DMX dies of alleged overdose; claims Jesus was his Savior

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know anything about this man, but to claim he wasn't saved is unbiblical because the only two beings that knew his heart were him and the Lord and that's good enough for me.

April you are right.
He may or may not of been messed up as a soup sandwich...but it is beyond our paygrade to say he was not saved.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
April you are right.
He may or may not of been messed up as a soup sandwich...but it is beyond our paygrade to say he was not saved.
A soup sandwich...I resembled that remark, at least more than I do now. lol Hey, do you like my new self-portrait, I mean, avatar? :eek:

Reactions: April_Rose

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A soup sandwich...I resembled that remark, at least more than I do now. lol Hey, do you like my new self-portrait, I mean, avatar? :eek:

I very much do like your new self-portrait... Here's mine

iu

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am not sure from that angle. It looks like you lost a little weight and do you have a rash?
I am not sure from that angle. It looks like you lost a little weight and do you have a rash?
As a matter of fact, I have lost weight...and I have a rash that won't quit...on my back! Are you watching me through my laptop? Lol
Welcome to the Truman show. Did I tell you I grew up ten or so miles from Jim Carey? Life: Stranger than fiction.
I think that, for my age, I look pretty good...but, as you can see, I need glasses! Lol
But seriously, I have lost weight, I do have a rash on my back, and I'm pretty sure there's not a camera on the wall behind me. Lol

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And this post is edifying how ?????? Good grief!!!!!
Addy it is good for the church to be reminded of these things .
He is right . I too have noticed this huge surge in a counterfeit christanity .
Be encouraged Addy . The last thing we want is for folks to come to another jesus another gospel .
We have a big counterfeit these days . It is needful for us to always examine ourselves and to learn
the true bibilcal Jesus .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 8
[10] When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
[11] She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Romans 6
[1] What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
[2] God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
[3] Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
The church needs more reminders like this . Be encouraged my friend .
Those who love the people will do all to look out for them and to remind them of the truth .
The church needs to return to the scriptures . To hear scriptural reminders daily as well .

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a matter of fact, I have lost weight...and I have a rash that won't quit...on my back! Are you watching me through my laptop? Lol
Welcome to the Truman show. Did I tell you I grew up ten or so miles from Jim Carey? Life: Stranger than fiction.
I think that, for my age, I look pretty good...but, as you can see, I need glasses! Lol
But seriously, I have lost weight, I do have a rash on my back, and I'm pretty sure there's not a camera on the wall behind me. Lol
Ya gota love that

Reactions: Truman

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The last thing we want is for folks to come to another jesus another gospel .
We have a big counterfeit these days .
I think it's a bit late for that...as from what I see... a great many believe in legalism... and if not legalism... the absolute opposite with
the Word of Faith/Prosperity false gospel that states we are all mini gods who have the power to name and claim what ever we desire.
and then you have the Catholic church... and the United Church who not only conduct homosexual marriages... they ordain homosexual ministers. So.... sorry... but I am not seeing the CHURCH being illustrated very well.

This post was about condemnation and judgement... and it was introduced as a spring board to make the author appear self-righteous.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jostler

NayborBear

Jan 21, 2020
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
April you are right.

I likes that descriptive analogy.
I think that describes everyone on the planet.
Difference is, how one responds after one gets "convicted!"
And, I do believe everyone gets convicted, at one point in their life or another.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone
no one implies they ought to be stoned to death .
But reminding the church about how fruits indeed prove what tree one is of , is a good thing .
DO ye not judge them that are within . WE must look out for one another .
There really is this false kind of christanity being taught these days . We must be diligent in our walk in the Lord .
Not only did paul tell timothy , he told titus , those who sin rebuke before all that others may also fear .
Judging sin and correction is not wrong . We must love our brethren and that entails correction .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it's a bit late for that...as from what I see... a great many believe in legalism... and if not legalism... the absolute opposite with
the Word of Faith/Prosperity false gospel that states we are all mini gods who have the power to name and claim what ever we desire.
and then you have the Catholic church... and the United Church who not only conduct homosexual marriages... they ordain homosexual ministers. So.... sorry... but I am not seeing the CHURCH being illustrated very well.

This post was about condemnation and judgement... and it was introduced as a spring board to make the author appear self-righteous.
Yes . the main line christainity , IN large is truly in dire trouble .
Let us be on gaurd and look out for one another .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Think about your last line . How is reminding folks about the fruits being self righteous .
There are so many people within christendom that are just calling everything christain who claims to be christain .
When in truth , AS you well said in the above statement you wrote , The churches are in dire trouble .
So we must remind one another and stir one another up unto doing good and fleeing even the appearance of evil .
To be focused on learning the biblical Christ , His pattern and the sound doctrine the apostels also left us and all sound doctrine .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Lambs who love Christ can still gather in little groups and exhort one another . Let us simply
build one another up with good biblical sound doctrine . By grace i have found the more we stay in those bibles the more we stay refreshed .
And let us be praying for one another .

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Think about your last line . How is reminding folks about the fruits being self righteous .
Coming on a public forum on a Sunday afternoon... with a statement that this rapper was NOT saved... is fruitful how ??? and that was my question to the poster... I don't play games and I don't bow down to the legalists. These forums are overflowing with this stuff and it STINKS.
I'm sorry if you don't agree... I accept if you don't agree... I am not here to become popular... I speak my mind.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Coming on a public forum on a Sunday afternoon... with a statement that this rapper was NOT saved... is fruitful how ??? and that was my question to the poster... I don't play games and I don't bow down to the legalists. These forums are overflowing with this stuff and it STINKS.
I'm sorry if you don't agree... I accept if you don't agree... I am not here to become popular... I speak my mind.
For sure we must never seek to be popular . Let us continually exhort one another with sound biblical doctrine .
Always praying for one another and unto GOD . For we need Him so and at all times .

NayborBear

Jan 21, 2020
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You may be correct Addy!
On the other hand? He may have posted this just for the reaction/s it causes.
Maybe he knows this DMX guy.
I dunno.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You may be correct Addy!
It is not my intention or desire to BE correct... It breaks my heart... and it also angers me to see how some perceive what it means to be a Christian... It amazes me the liberties that people seem to think they have the right to take... when talking about OTHERS.
When someone lays down a whole bunch of self-righteous bible quotes... I call that FLINGING scripture.

My purpose has been served here... and so I shall move on... I simply wanted to arrest the temptation of feasting on self-righteousness.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rapper DMX claimed Jesus was his Savior, but his fruit said otherwise. Many try to claim Jesus as Savior but they are friends of the world and still continue to fulfill the lust of the flesh. Counterfeit christianity is popular nowadays.

Jesus said:

Matthew 7
[13] Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
[14] Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
[15] Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
[16] Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
[17] Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
[18] A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
[19] Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
[20] Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

"American rapper and actor Earl Simmons, known by the stage name DMX or Dark Man X, died on Friday, his record label said, after he suffered a heart attack during what media reports said was a drug overdose. He was 50 years old.”

Rapper, actor DMX dies of 'drug overdose'
It is likely he did not obey Acts 2:38 which was his only hope.