Rapper DMX dies of alleged overdose; claims Jesus was his Savior

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Addictive behavior builds over time, along with a more than expected tolerance to larger doses of an opioid.
When twice the dose is needed to get high, the toxic level may be five times higher.
When one is free of the drug for a while, tolerance goes back to normal.
Former use behavior, along with a much lower than expected toxic level can easily kill.
I believe that the safest, most loving way to treat a recovering addict, Christian or not, is a slow program of dealing with why the person became addicted in the first place.
Heroin, in and of itself, and under the close care of a knowledgeable physician, is a fairly safe drug.
When Holy Spirit is involved, permanent change in the heart can and does happen.
Then, as the Lord leads, if He leads, the drug should be withdrawn.
Well-meaning people who believe that the drug itself is the problem are, in my opinion, partly responsible for many deaths.
It is my stance that you can't just repent once and be free of addiction, no matter what some say.
Sad to say, some would rather see others die than admit they were wrong. Shalom.

NayborBear

Jan 21, 2020
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From doing some reading, 1 Corinthians 8, 10, and elseweheres?
We people even of these last days, were not the first ones "wrestling" as "people with knowledge"(born from above) verses people that are not of "knowledge."
1 Corinthians 8:7
Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled.

Even Jesus was "accused" by scribes and pharasees, and I suppose saducees as well, as being somewhat of a party animal. Going into the bars where heathens, and (gasp) tax collectors and (double gasp) politicians frequented.
Which I reckon where Paul may have recorded this:
1 Corinthians 10:29
Conscience, I say, not thine own, but of the other: for why is my liberty judged of another man's conscience? Sounds kinda legalistic, don't it?
No!....Not really!
But, for the sake of the gentiles and unconverted Jews, to which he was commissioned to preach/teach to?
He "suffered" through this:
1 Corinthians 8:
13 Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.

But, all this brings up this problem with "sister better then you" (Ray Stevens-Mississippi Squirrel) holier then thou "pew potatoes."
And, if you go to church for any length of time, have more then likely ran into a coupla of these legalistic types of "clucky/cliquey hens." Some, of whom aren't really all that old. And, men are not exempt from this either. jez sayin' lol

Now concerning this rapper who died? We should not be so hasty in rendering such judgement/s on him.
1 Corinthians 9:
9 For it is written in the law of Moses, thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen?
Because we really don't know what grade of "spiritual school" he was in.

Yet?
1 Corinthians 9:
11 If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?
12 If others be partakers of this power over you, are not we rather? Nevertheless we have not used this power; but suffer all things, lest we should hinder the gospel of Christ.

The STRUGGLE? Is REAL!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A believer dies...and some almost seem to celebrate.
Let's assume he wasn't a believer...we should be in mourning!
So let me see...according to some Christians that I've heard today, Jews and blacks are bad people, even if they are in Christ.
I also heard today that God won't judge sin since we are in Christ...who are teaching these people?

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I made the new covenant version of the daily sacrifice: I denied self, took up my cross on a daily basis, and followed my savior, Yeshua ha Moshiach. (Luke 9:23)
This process of sanctification (the inner circumcision), is not instant, for me it took 20 years, many years of isolation, and suffering that I would've thought would drive one mad.
I started shooting dope when I was 13. I accepted Jesus as Savior when I was 14. At the time, I had no idea who He was, and I was not looking for Him.
When John 3:16 was read to me, I saw somewhere else. I saw a curtain in front of me, a hand holding a sword burst through it and plunged the sword deep into my belly. I have believe in Him ever since.
I started drugging and drinking when I was 12. People have no idea the hell my life has been. For whatever reason, He has got me through it.
Many Christians in my town still view me as a lazy, lying dope addict.
Even though I have Lupus, Hep. C. (I contracted it at age 15, in 1973), A.D.D., an undiagnosed learning disability (I was 8 before I could speak properly), an upper and lower spinal injury, (one, work-related, the other, a childhood injury), chronic, acute migraines, chronic suicidal depression since childhood, an acquired brain injury (suicide attempt), chronic intestinal tract disease and bleeding that has, at times, left me dizzy from loss of blood; re-occurring Epstein-Barr virus illness; at age 15, I was diagnosed as emotionally disturbed, severe nerve damage that makes my feet feel like they've been injected with novocaine, believe it or not, this is the nutshell version.
I haven't abused a drug in 17 years, though I know that I am a work in progress.
Believe it or not, I'm still ostracized.
And yet, our amazing and unchanging Lord tells me to: love those that hate you; bless those who curse you; pray for those who mistreat you; and give to those who take from you.
I acknowledge that He is right.
Faithful is His name.
If modern-day Pharisees are ever going to turn around, it might happen here at Christianity Board.
The love of God is here. Shalom.
Thank you for sharing your testimony, sorry to hear you are still ostracised and that you have to cope with so many issues in your life. May the Lord continue to give you strength to cope and a heart to trust xxxx
Rita

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So who's next on the chopping block???

For all those who seem to know the hearts and minds of others...
and simply have NOTHING better to do on a SUNDAY than tear apart and feast on this carnage.

This thread was an example of VERY POOR "judgement" and a profound lack of wisdom.... in my humble opinion!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Come on Addy, have you worked out yet that that is what many members thrive on, an opportunity to offload a bit of power and endeavour to make themselves higher and more righteous than others. No different to the street corners the Pharisees stood on and proclaimed their superiority. Someone once stated that many members are people who have craved a preaching roll but have been overlooked in the world away from the forum- they crave a platform and a congregation.
Thankfully not everyone here is in that group, but after two+ years here, you do get to recognise a few !
Rita

Reactions: Jostler

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think what we can draw from these verses is that we shouldn't be hasty to judge others without first considering and examining our own hearts. Then, we can approach our brother or sister in the spirit of love and judge righteously.
This thread was NOT about proper correction... it was about about bragging... boasting and puffing oneself up.

Reactions: Jostler

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Come on Addy, have you worked out yet that that is what many members thrive on, an opportunity to offload a bit of power and endeavour to make themselves higher and more righteous than others.
I don't like the smell of pharisees.... and I never will.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't like the smell of pharisees.... and I never will.
Put a peg on your nose !!! Lol
Sometimes The Lord places us within communities that rub us up the wrong way, it challenges us, can mould us and teach many things.
Rita

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was in a christian rehab for depression. There were plenty of people who became addicted even after getting saved or being brought up Christian.
To me if we were already perfect we wouldn't even need Jesus would we?
True words!

This thread was NOT about proper correction... it was about about bragging... boasting and puffing oneself up.
Sister, I was replying to your post wherein you quoted scripture related to judging. Why are you offended by that?

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sister, I was replying to your post wherein you quoted scripture related to judging. Why are you offended by that?
If you read the posts from the beginning you will understand what it is about this post that I found offensive.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Right I have to get ready for work , have a blessed day, night, afternoon ( the time differences ) xx

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you read the posts from the beginning you will understand what it is about this post that I found offensive.
I did read the previous posts. And yet, you brought up judging, and I was replying to you related to the scripture you shared. I don't plan to go back and forth on this. I don't think this should make us enemies. Maybe you could read my posts in this thread and get an idea of where I am on this.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
I made the new covenant version of the daily sacrifice: I denied self, took up my cross on a daily basis, and followed my savior, Yeshua ha Moshiach. (Luke 9:23)
This process of sanctification (the inner circumcision), is not instant, for me it took 20 years, many years of isolation, and suffering that I would've thought would drive one mad.
I started shooting dope when I was 13. I accepted Jesus as Savior when I was 14. At the time, I had no idea who He was, and I was not looking for Him.
When John 3:16 was read to me, I saw somewhere else. I saw a curtain in front of me, a hand holding a sword burst through it and plunged the sword deep into my belly. I have believe in Him ever since.
I started drugging and drinking when I was 12. People have no idea the hell my life has been. For whatever reason, He has got me through it.
Many Christians in my town still view me as a lazy, lying dope addict.
Even though I have Lupus, Hep. C. (I contracted it at age 15, in 1973), A.D.D., an undiagnosed learning disability (I was 8 before I could speak properly), an upper and lower spinal injury, (one, work-related, the other, a childhood injury), chronic, acute migraines, chronic suicidal depression since childhood, an acquired brain injury (suicide attempt), chronic intestinal tract disease and bleeding that has, at times, left me dizzy from loss of blood; re-occurring Epstein-Barr virus illness; at age 15, I was diagnosed as emotionally disturbed, severe nerve damage that makes my feet feel like they've been injected with novocaine, believe it or not, this is the nutshell version.
I haven't abused a drug in 17 years, though I know that I am a work in progress.
Believe it or not, I'm still ostracized.
And yet, our amazing and unchanging Lord tells me to: love those that hate you; bless those who curse you; pray for those who mistreat you; and give to those who take from you.
I acknowledge that He is right.
Faithful is His name.
If modern-day Pharisees are ever going to turn around, it might happen here at Christianity Board.
The love of God is here. Shalom.

Thank you brother for your testimony.
95% of people cannot relate to your suffering.
I am so sorry you have been and are still ostracized for your past. They will answer to God for their self righteousness and you will one day be rewarded. Godbless you.

Reactions: Truman and Rita

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you brother for your testimony.
95% of people cannot relate to your suffering.
I am so sorry you have been and are still ostracized for your past. They will answer to God for their self righteousness and you will one day be rewarded. Godbless you.
Thank you. I already am rewarded, I am a son of the most high God, who sent His own son to die, with me also in mind.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen. And more reward is waiting for you in heaven.
I was standing in the streets of the New Jerusalem.
I was looking into Jesus' eyes, as He was looking into mine.
No more death, no more mourning.
No more crying or pain. - Truman Coates Revelation 21:4

Reactions: teamventure