Rapper DMX dies of alleged overdose; claims Jesus was his Savior

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rapper DMX claimed Jesus was his Savior, but his fruit said otherwise. Many try to claim Jesus as Savior but they are friends of the world and still continue to fulfill the lust of the flesh. Counterfeit christianity is popular nowadays.

Words are cheap. The proof is in the pudding, the fruit.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And therein lies the problem. It is one thing for some to decide if some one else is saved or not. How in the heck would anybody know? Then it is another to say that quoting the Bible is legalism. This is what I am talking about with this new denomination, a distain for morality. It comes acrossed as, I only like part of the Bible, the part that does not talk about morality. The part that convicts those that sin, is out of context and misunderstood. The part that encourages morality and denounces sin, is evil and is cruel and unfair.

This new denomination dictates that it is impolite...politically incorrect to mention morality or denounce sin. The desire to silence the Christian voice is the desire to silence the Bible. There is no doubt about it that Christ and the Apostles convicts those that are sinful and evildoers. What are they going to do, get a marker and blackout the scriptures that speak against sin and sinful lifestyles. And the worst of all, those scriptures that say that hell is the punishment for sin...better use a big marker for those scriptures.

I am sure most have heard the phrase, judge the sin, not the sinner. We are not qualified to judge the sinner to hell. But that does not mean we cannot tell them that they are sinning or that a lifestyle of drug use and homosexually is a sin. It is our Christian responsibility to denounce abortion and sexual perversions.

It is a new line of thinking and I think it is not only hurting Christianity but also the world. Its hurting the youth and new Christians, suggesting that morality is an option in Christianity and that salvation means they can do anything and it is automatically forgiven. A religion of wholesale sinning.

With this new denomination, scriptures are very offensive, and anyone that quotes them are rude and impolite. Christians should be silent about morality and let the devil take over...cause ya know, Christians should mind their own business and be tolerant to all.

The Bible talks about doctrines that tickle your ear and this new denomination appeals to those that desire to live their lives anyway they want to and think they will make it to heaven. The problem is, that God and the Bible are against that belief and there no way of hiding it. The Word of God stand firm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrangler

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is unclear what new denomination you are talking about. However, a point I've made to Bible thumping proselytizers all my life is that the Bible is an inanimate object and does not speak. Thereby, the proselytizer hides their character behind a book they deem give them impunity to condemn.

Then it is another to say that quoting the Bible is legalism.

Never heard that.

This is what I am talking about with this new denomination, a distain for morality. It comes acrossed as, I only like part of the Bible, the part that does not talk about morality.

Agreed - somewhat. I noticed church leaders are terrified to make moral pronouncements on the grounds they will lose their congregation. They think themselves wise by appearing to criticize both sides but their bias reveals itself. Recently the church my wife likes to go to did this with BLM. They added a link to the website embracing the language of SJW - and turn a blind eye to the tactic Cultural Marxism is using to advance their anti-Christian, anti-American agenda.

Just because someone claims to be a victim does not grant them entitlements.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The new denomination dictates that it is impolite...politically incorrect to mention morality or denounce sin. The desire to silence the Christian voice is the desire to silence the Bible.

Disagree - somewhat. It's more about priorities - bringing people to Christ. Once people sacrifice themselves at the foot of the cross, they can read the Bible for themselves and let the Holy Spirit guide them in becoming sanctified.

I am sure most have heard the phrase, judge the sin, not the sinner. We are not qualified to judge the sinner to hell. But that does not mean we cannot tell them that they are sinning or that a lifestyle of drug use and homosexually is a sin.

I think they already know. Jeremiah 31:33. All they need to do is put into practice Psalm 14:10, Be still and know that I am God.

It is a new line of thinking and I think it is not only hurting Christianity but also the world. Its hurting the youth and new Christians, suggesting that morality is an option in Christianity and that salvation means they can do anything and it is automatically forgiven.

Agreed. How best to proceed?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With this new denomination, scriptures are very offensive, and anyone that quotes them are rude and impolite. Christians should be silent about morality and let the devil take over...cause ya know, Christians should mind their own business and be tolerant to all.

There is a quote from a Bishop Chaput that points out Tolerance is not a Christian virtue. Evil begs for tolerance. Then when common, condemns Good.

The Bible talks about

Again, proselytizers hide their character behind a book they deem give them impunity to condemn. That's the law. We harvest the crop via Grace. Not too many converts are made by ranting endlessly about how bad they are.

In today's Devotional Reading in Luke 15, I was deeply moved as I always am when reading the story of the Prodigal Son. You are like the angry, condemning brother. Be like the grace-filled father. The Rapper failed to keep the faith but him having the courage to eve say he turned to Christ may have done more good for the Kingdom than all the Bible talk we of little influence could muster.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I very much do like your new self-portrait... Here's mine

iu

Oh Addy,.. you're such a hoot. :p

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
This NEED to call out other people's sin is something that is taught in legalistic circles. and it is not only wrong... it is intensely displeasing to God
Wrong. Calling out someone's sin may save them if they are ignorant. If someone is outside the church this can lead to Jesus or hatred for Christians because they are self condemned. The times of ignorance are over, now God commands all people everywhere to repent.

As for those in the church, repentance is still required. And if a bit of help is needed they should be able to depend or their brothers or sisters. Yet who follows the Spirit of the commandment to wash oneanothers feet? Confessing sins to oneanother has been perverted as well, who said it must be to a priest? But someone held to a professional ethic is the only one people would trust with their secrets... Probably for good reason from what I've seen.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really hope this can spur us all to pray for the salvation and freedom of those in all areas of the entertainment industry. I have often felt drawn to pray for them. Goodness, if we can get past the disdain of Hollywood (which is merited), and look with the eyes and heart of God, we will be moved to pray with fervency for them! Not with the sense that we are somehow better, but as knowing that Christ died for them same as He died for us.

It is a horrible place to be ... handled by the cult (literally) and trapped in that world. Most of them are SRA/MK'd from birth and were groomed to go into entertainment. A lot of the "acting out" and falling apart that we see is their attempts at rebelling against their programming. They need our prayers and compassion .... yes, they need the TRUTH ... but balance that out with compassion, love, and prayer.

This was more of a ramble... but I hope it made sense. I am speaking as one who sees the whole Hollywood thing from a different angle, knowing some who came out of there, and knowing their backgrounds were very much like my own (SRA/MK).

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really hope this can spur us all to pray for the salvation and freedom of those in all areas of the entertainment industry. I have often felt drawn to pray for them. Goodness, if we can get past the disdain of Hollywood (which is merited), and look with the eyes and heart of God, we will be moved to pray with fervency for them! Not with the sense that we are somehow better, but as knowing that Christ died for them same as He died for us.

It is a horrible place to be ... handled by the cult (literally) and trapped in that world. Most of them are SRA/MK'd from birth and were groomed to go into entertainment. A lot of the "acting out" and falling apart that we see is their attempts at rebelling against their programming. They need our prayers and compassion .... yes, they need the TRUTH ... but balance that out with compassion, love, and prayer.

This was more of a ramble... but I hope it made sense. I am speaking as one who sees the whole Hollywood thing from a different angle, knowing some who came out of there, and knowing their backgrounds were very much like my own (SRA/MK).
Exactly a good point sister .
See , instead of us accepting the sin they dwell in and calling them saved , WE ought to understand they are in dire peril
and thus LET us indeed be praying for them . To have a true encounter with the true biblical JESUS .
Most of the ones in Holly wood , are coming to another culture popular jesus , which means THEY are NOT COMING to CHRIST at all .
SO let us be praying feverent for them .

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@lforrest I will accept and respect your correction... however... I come from a family that loves to correct and cast judgement on others and well if that is what being a good Christian is then by golly I am not understanding ANYTHING about ANYTHING.
I have said my peace on this thread.

I guess I just don't get it... strangers correcting people they don't even know... It makes no sense to me... but I have seen it happen and I can't bring myself to agree with it. ANYWAYS... another day ... another dollar... and ADDY had a RANT day.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have seen a very dangerous and deadly mindset that has grown large within christain churches .
They offer up a popular culture Jesus . And then they teach us , DONT JUDGE and they silence those who would be trying
to expose the error . Instead of just calling everyone christain , examine the fruits .
THEN we would know who to try and correct and to pray for as well .
IF we come to this new mindset that wont correct or expose , but rather just says oh they knew GOD
then we wont be praying for them to repent and worse we also allow leaven into the church this way .
And when that happens a church tanks in time . We must do all now to look out for one another , BY THE SPIRIT ,
and to be building one another up in sound biblical doctrine . I can even use the presidents as an example .
Many on the left claim biden is saved and trump is not , many on the right say the opposite .
AND Yet by grace i can tell us all , NIETHER MAN is saved , THEY BOTH NEED CHRIST , they BOTH NEED to repent and truly believe .
We cannot become a slave to the pop culture PC version of another jesus that is being taught .
Oh , one may ask me , what do you mean become a slave or be in bondage . WELL cause this new jesus seems to be SIN accepting
AND that AINT JESUS at all . HE dont feed our flesh , HE came to set us free from sin . WE mus be on guard my friends .
I love you all . I Do . Let us be learning our bibles well and be in prayer for one another that we grow in and by the grace of GOD .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly a good point sister .
See , instead of us accepting the sin they dwell in and calling them saved , WE ought to understand they are in dire peril
and thus LET us indeed be praying for them . To have a true encounter with the true biblical JESUS .
Most of the ones in Holly wood , are coming to another culture popular jesus , which means THEY are NOT COMING to CHRIST at all .
SO let us be praying feverent for them .
And yet, there is no point or benefit in bringing up this rapper's death and condemning him to hell now. How many of us have had a perfect walk after we came to Christ? I can't say if he was saved or not. I would tend to lean toward thinking he did come to Christ. He just hadn't fully overcome the flesh... and have any of us? I just don't know this man, nor his heart. But to bring it up now is sad.

It's true that many in Hollywood are brought to a false Christ. But that doesn't negate the fact that there are some who actually come to the True Jesus Christ. I know some who have.

If there are some who profess Jesus Christ and still struggle with addictions and sin, then...

Galatians 6:1-3 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¹ Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. ² Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. ³ For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.

If all we can do is condemn and do not reach out to them in love or at least pray for them, then we have failed.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet, there is no point or benefit in bringing up this rapper's death and condemning him to hell now. How many of us have had a perfect walk after we came to Christ? I can't say if he was saved or not. I would tend to lean toward thinking he did come to Christ. He just hadn't fully overcome the flesh... and have any of us? I just don't know this man, nor his heart. But to bring it up now is sad.

It's true that many in Hollywood are brought to a false Christ. But that doesn't negate the fact that there are some who actually come to the True Jesus Christ. I know some who have.

If there are some who profess Jesus Christ and still struggle with addictions and sin, then...

Galatians 6:1-3 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¹ Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. ² Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. ³ For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.
Yep we must do all to correct the living . For after one is gone its too late to pray for them or help them .
The dead are where the dead are . Its those who are still breathing we must focus on . Yep .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If all we can do is condemn and do not reach out to them in love or at least pray for them, then we have failed.
The point of bringing up this rapper is because it exposes Satan’s tactics of deceiving people into believing that walking in the Light is unnecessary to be saved.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@lforrest I will accept and respect your correction... however... I come from a family that loves to correct and cast judgement on others and well if that is what being a good Christian is then by golly I am not understanding ANYTHING about ANYTHING.
I have said my peace on this thread.

I think it is about having a loving relationship first.

When I say something to my friend of 3 decades it carries weight. When I blast a virtual stranger, not so much.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm sitting here feeling absolutely SICK to my stomach... with tears in my eyes and such deep sorrow in my heart...

I love CHRIST with every fibre in my body... I need him to breath... HE is my everything... I trust HIM whole heartedly.
What I have heard expressed through out this thread is APPALLING to me... and so I guess I will have to retreat and give
some things a lot of thought.

I will never EVER go up to someone I do not know and DARE to correct their way of living... I find that offensive and I just don't even know what else to say.

If the CHURCH lived as they were supposed to live... the whole world would be JEALOUS.... and I'm sorry ya'll but I don't see anything worth being jealous about.

I have been open and honest with my feelings... my heart and my faith.... and at this moment and time... I am deeply confused.

Reactions: April_Rose

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep we must do all to correct the living . For after one is gone its too late to pray for them or help them .
The dead are where the dead are . Its those who are still breathing we must focus on . Yep .
There is a way to approach someone who is shattered and deeply wounded...and it is not with condemnation. It is with love and consistent and patient Godly counsel. Addictions have a root in deep wounding. This is where we need wisdom, patience, compassion... as in speaking the truth ....in humility and in love. (And self reighteous condemnation isn't love.) Help them get at the root of the addictions and bring that to Christ. Restore them .... not condemn.

Read these verses again...

I mean, think about it. Has anyone here felt led to actually minister face-to-face to the spiritual and emotional brokenness of those in the entertainment industry? If not ... then we should at least pray for them. But don't gloat over the death of such a one without knowledge of his heart ... and as if doing so will benefit anyone. What will benefit is ministering to the ones who are living.