Rapper DMX dies of alleged overdose; claims Jesus was his Savior

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point of bringing up this rapper is because it exposes Satan’s tactics of deceiving people into believing that walking in the Light is unnecessary to be saved.
I can see what you're saying. So what do we do about this now? What would you do, or say to this rapper while he was still living? How would you handle his brokenness (which I guarantee was/is immense)? Would you pause before bringing admonition and seek God's heart as to how to deliver it? Would you consider yourself before doing so, knowing your salvation is a gift and not of your own works, and that you also have weaknesses? I'm asking this because I think it's important how we approach people who are broken and I have no doubt he was very broken.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I'm sitting here feeling absolutely SICK to my stomach... with tears in my eyes and such deep sorrow in my heart...

I love CHRIST with every fibre in my body... I need him to breath... HE is my everything... I trust HIM whole heartedly.
What I have heard expressed through out this thread is APPALLING to me... and so I guess I will have to retreat and give
some things a lot of thought.

I will never EVER go up to someone I do not know and DARE to correct their way of living... I find that offensive and I just don't even know what else to say.

If the CHURCH lived as they were supposed to live... the whole world would be JEALOUS.... and I'm sorry ya'll but I don't see anything worth being jealous about.

I have been open and honest with my feelings... my heart and my faith.... and at this moment and time... I am deeply confused.

Correction and admonishment is for those in the Church under a structure of authority. For those outside there is no point in giving correction, but rather expose them to the truth to accept or reject as they so choose.

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point of bringing up this rapper is because it exposes Satan’s tactics of deceiving people into believing that walking in the Light is unnecessary to be saved.

You might want to apply that to the mirror...because if you do not, Jesus will. You won't enjoy it.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Correction and admonishment is for those in the Church under a structure of authority. For those outside there is no point in giving correction, but rather expose them to the truth to accept or reject as they so choose.
Then sadly... I am truly in the WRONG place.... because from where I am looking and seeing... all I can see is condemnation.
Anyways....I have removed the post that you corrected me on... so It's all good... Blessings on you.

Reactions: April_Rose

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Then sadly... I am truly in the WRONG place.... because from where I am looking and seeing... all I can see is condemnation.
Anyways....I have removed the post that you corrected me on... so It's all good... Blessings on you.
Don't worry about it, this is an open discussion.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The rapper DMX claimed Jesus was his Savior, but his fruit said otherwise. Many try to claim Jesus as Savior but they are friends of the world and still continue to fulfill the lust of the flesh. Counterfeit christianity is popular nowadays.
'

Here is the thing about that "Fruit Checking".

1. The Devil can fake it, and so can his deceived, and they do.

2. Only God knows your heart.

3. If you are born again, you belong to God. You have been purchased by God's Blood, and you are under NEW OWNERSHIP>.
How you behave after you are become God's, , has nothing to do with who owns you now that you are born again.

We the Born again, are NOT OUR OWN. We have been born into a new family, and that one, is eternal.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You might want to apply that to the mirror...because if you do not, Jesus will. You won't enjoy it.

James 1
23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Disagree - somewhat. It's more about priorities - bringing people to Christ. Once people sacrifice themselves at the foot of the cross, they can read the Bible for themselves and let the Holy Spirit guide them in becoming sanctified.

Bringing people to Christ is great...but do you want to mislead them into thinking that the morals of Christianity are option but forgiveness and heaven are guaranteed?

Agreed. How best to proceed?

It is just like any other false doctrine. You stand against it.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can see what you're saying. So what do we do about this now? What would you do, or say to this rapper while he was still living? How would you handle his brokenness (which I guarantee was/is immense)? Would you pause before bringing admonition and seek God's heart as to how to deliver it? Would you consider yourself before doing so, knowing your salvation is a gift and not of your own works, and that you also have weaknesses? I'm asking this because I think it's important how we approach people who are broken and I have no doubt he was very broken.
Ezekiel 33
11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bringing people to Christ is great...but do you want to mislead them into thinking that the morals of Christianity are option but forgiveness and heaven are guaranteed?

I do not mislead but I don't go around correcting people's doctrine either.

Agreed. How best to proceed?

It is just like any other false doctrine. You stand against it.

If they ask me, sure. Who made you the judge of other people's doctrine?

Parable of the Rich (Judging) Fool

13 Then someone called from the crowd, “Teacher, please tell my brother to divide our father’s estate with me.”

14 Jesus replied, “Friend, who made me a judge over you to decide such things as that?” 15 Then he said, “Beware! Guard against every kind of greed. Life is not measured by how much you own.” (Or how much you corrected people's doctrine) emphasis added.
Luke 12:13-15 (NLT)

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezekiel 33
11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

We are not of the House of Israel. We live in the age of Grace not Law.

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are going to tell an addict to just stop, would you be able to offer them continual support? Would you be there for phone calls if they are tempted? Would you help find them support groups or attend with them?

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a quote from a Bishop Chaput that points out Tolerance is not a Christian virtue. Evil begs for tolerance. Then when common, condemns Good.

This is exactly what is happening.

Again, proselytizers hide their character behind a book they deem give them impunity to condemn. That's the law. We harvest the crop via Grace. Not too many converts are made by ranting endlessly about how bad they are.

In today's Devotional Reading in Luke 15, I was deeply moved as I always am when reading the story of the Prodigal Son. You are like the angry, condemning brother. Be like the grace-filled father. The Rapper failed to keep the faith but him having the courage to eve say he turned to Christ may have done more good for the Kingdom than all the Bible talk we of little influence could muster.

Well that is the big deal...condemning character...it is not the Christian way...but if you say reading a verse or posting a verse is condemning? What are you saying about the Bible....The Bible makes both side of this clear...we have Grace...we have Christ and that is more than enough to secure salvation...but if you think you can live a whole life of sinning...lifestyles... homosexuals... married homosexuals, were they sign a contract and vow to sin the rest of their lives...And think you are going to heaven, you better think again. How about a Christian homosexual abortion doctor...Oh boy! Get up in the morning, kiss his lover goodbye, showers, has breakfast and goes to work to murder babies, day in and day out...do you think you meet him in heaven...I do not. But still that is up to Christ on Judgment Day. Matthew 7:21 Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Hope I did not offend anybody by quoting the Bible...sad I have to say that.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but if you say reading a verse or posting a verse is condemning?

Some kind of Appeal to Strawman. I don't know anyone who says that quoting Scripture is condemning.

However, I do believe from your many posts that the converse is true of you; you condemn using Scripture - but want to condemn with impunity AS IF you are innocently posting Scripture (and NOT condemning).

Let me tell you a little secret about influencing people. Condemning does not work. Try humbly asking a question - AND LET THEM HAVE THE LAST WORD WITH THEIR ANSWER!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why blast?

My friend, I think you have a gigantic ego, a God complex for you are attempting to do what is up to God to do. Every post you've made exudes assumed authority. Guess what?! You do not have authority over anyone for eternity.

Why blast? Because that is how it will come across UNLESS they ask you for your opinion.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sitting here feeling absolutely SICK to my stomach... with tears in my eyes and such deep sorrow in my heart...

Well Addy, no apologies. 1st Timothy 5:20 As for those who persist in sin, rebuke them in the presence of all, so that the rest may stand in fear. And no one here is point directly at you. I will get nose to nose with you and BB because you are absolutely wrong. But know one is calling you and BB horrible sinners, or that you are not Christians or saved. None of this is about that. But you should be convicted to the heart, it should shake you. The Word of God has that power! Feel honored to feel it. Rejoice that His gaze has settled on you and wants to correct your thinking...No one here is condemning you, fellow Christians correcting your thinking.

I strain for patience...I know better than to pray for it! I like you and BB and I have been patient and if I did not think you two were more than worth it, I would not waist my time.

So you can be hurt and ya know sometimes that is a good thing. Cut to the quick...yes that is good...stop and think...that is good thing. I do not put bumper stickers on my truck...put if I did it would be "THINK before it is too late!