• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See you dont know Christ do you if you did you would know better, in Christ the debt is already paid.
I was talking about the person who was specifically being spoken of in Proverbs 6:30-31.

If you incur a debt and do not have the necessary funds to pay the debt, then you would have to go to work in order to pay off the debt.

But if you are in Christ, in the scenario that is now presented, and the debt is already paid, then you certainly have the funds to pay off your debt, provided for by your redeemer; and He will pay the debt that is incurred by your ungodly behaviour.

Of course, there is also the scripture that says that your debt is no longer paid (there is no more sacrifice for sins) if you sin willfully after coming to the knowledge of the truth (Hebrews 10:26-31). So, what do you do in such a case? You would have to pay the debt yourself. See Hebrews 12:5-11, Amos 3:2.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was talking about the person who was specifically being spoken of in Proverbs 6:30-31.

If you incur a debt and do not have the necessary funds to pay the debt, then you would have to go to work in order to pay off the debt.

But if you are in Christ, in the scenario that is now presented, and the debt is already paid, then you certainly have the funds to pay off your debt, provided for by your redeemer; and He will pay the debt that is incurred by your ungodly behaviour.

Of course, there is also the scripture that says that your debt is no longer paid (there is no more sacrifice for sins) if you sin willfully after coming to the knowledge of the truth (Hebrews 10:26-31). So, what do you do in such a case? You would have to pay the debt yourself. See Hebrews 12:5-11, Amos 3:2.
You really do want to condemn the world to death dont you...

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YEs He got in the ark, you know who our ark is, Christ.

Joh_3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Jesus lived righteously and died so that we might live.

But if we live righteously and then do not die, it is so that the world around us might be condemned; because we have lived out a standard that they have not lived out and our righteousness condemns their unrighteousness (again, see Hebrews 11:7).

Jesus, in dying after having lived righteously, gave His righteousness to us rather than keeping it for Himself; if He had kept it for Himself His righteous life would have condemned us all; because it would have set forth a standard that none of us could keep but showing that it is possible to keep that standard because one person in history kept it.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But if we live righteously and then do not die, it is so that the world around us might be condemned; because we have lived out a standard that they have not lived out and our righteousness condemns their unrighteousness (again, see Hebrews 11:7).

Jesus, in dying after having lived righteously, gave His righteousness to us rather than keeping it for Himself; if He had kept it for Himself His righteous life would have condemned us all; because it would have set forth a standard that none of us could keep but showing that it is possible to keep that standard because one person in history kept it.
To be able to save anyone, Jesus had to be God, and remains God, with no deficiency of righteousness - yes, He clothes us with His Own Righteousness as written,
this does not reduce His Righteousness not even one iota.

Reactions: 2 Chr. 34:19

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be able to save anyone, Jesus had to be God, and remains God, with no deficiency of righteousness - yes, He clothes us with His Own Righteousness as written,
this does not reduce His Righteousness not even one iota.
Although, it is written, that He became sin for us in order that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

He did it because no one else could....If you could HE would not have needed to die for you would he...

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I don't think that I keep myself saved...

But if my faith is merely nominal, lukewarm, or shallow....

Are you being honest, or are you just not realizing what you are doing?

Do you believe that "if i walk away from Christ, i am going to Hell"?
That is your faith, isn't it?
So, your faith is...."as long as i dont walk away".. = THat is your self effort to keep yourself saved.
Your faith is in YOURSELF to NOT WALK AWAY...

See, what you believe that you do or don't do, that keeps you saved, is your savior.
Your savior is...."not walking away", = i get to go to heaven.

Realize yourself.
God already has.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The Blood Atonement alone does not mean we have “completed righteousness” and it does not “complete” our sanctification.

You have confused discipleship with Salvation.

The righteousness of God, is absolutely "completed" and its ignorance to state that God's righteousness is not "completed".
Its theological heresy to state that God's righteousness would not make you as Righteous as God is, when its HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS that the born again have become, as "the righteousness of God in Christ".
"Sanctification", is also found "in Christ" who is become our justification, redemption, and sanctification.
You have the heretical belief that you can make yourself sanctified by your life of trying to be good.
Listen, you are not good, You are only made righteous by the blood of Jesus, if you are born again.
Are you born again? Or are you just water baptized by a Cult that lied to you and told you that the water is where and how you are "saved"?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you being honest, or are you just not realizing what you are doing?

Do you believe that "if i walk away from Christ, i am going to Hell"?
That is your faith, isn't it?
So, your faith is...."as long as i dont walk away".. = THat is your self effort to keep yourself saved.
Your faith is in YOURSELF to NOT WALK AWAY...

See, what you believe that you do or don't do, that keeps you saved, is your savior.
Your savior is...."not walking away", = i get to go to heaven.

Realize yourself.
God already has.

You appear to be teaching here that if a man falls away from the faith, he is still saved.

This is heretical doctrine.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
See you dont know Christ do you if you did you would know better, in Christ the debt is already paid.
Is a a sin for a believer to lose faith in Christ - has Jesus already paid for that sin too?

It is a sin for an atheist to reject Christ - has Jesus already paid for that sin too?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is a a sin for a believer to lose faith in Christ - has Jesus already paid for that sin too?

It is a sin for an atheist to reject Christ - has Jesus already paid for that sin too?
JEsus died for all sin once and for ever, he doesnt do it daily but there are those like you seem to not believe.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And they suffer eternal death, with all who deny Jesus is God.
One does not need to believe a lie to be saved but the truth, and one needs to believe that Christ died for ones sins to be saved, as for JEsus being God, lets do this again,

MKJV] II Peter 1:17
For He received honor and glory from God the Father, when was borne to Him a voice from the excellent glory, "This is My belovedSon, in whom I am well pleased."

MKJV] I John 5:10 He who believes on the Son of God has the witness in himself. He who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he does not believe the record that God gave of His Son. 11 And this is the record, that God has given to us everlasting life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13 I have written these things to you who believe on the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have everlasting life, and that you may believe on the name of the Son of God.
But people dont believe God..

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whenever someone "brings a false gospel" (like Jesus is not God),
what are we to do ?
Galatians 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven ...
biblehub.com/galatians/1-8.htm
Whoever tells you good news that is different from the Good News we gave you should be condemned to hell, even if he is one of us or an angel from heaven. New American Standard 1977 But even though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to that which we have preached to you, let him be accursed. King James 2000 Bible
2 John 1:10 If anyone comes to you but does not bring this ...
biblehub.com/2_john/1-10.htm
Verse 10. - If any one cometh unto you. As in 1 John 5:9, the Greek construction (indicative with εἰ, not conjunctive with ἐάν shows that the case is stated as a fact, and not as a mere supposition.

"If people of this kind come - and it is well known that they do - do not receive them or give them a welcome."
--------------------------------..................................................=============================
Thus, how to treat people who claim or believe Jesus is not God.