Should I use someone’s preferred pronouns if it is not their gender?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why? You are not listening.
Are you listening? Please focus if you are able and try not to condemn yourself in the next reply as you have done in your last one.

For the sake of communication with the other person, can you choose to empathize, i.e., put yourself in their shoes, see things from their perspective, and understand their emotions?

This is the 3rd time I have asked. I have trouble believing that an unempathetic person like Taken is a staff member of this Christian website. This is a red flag being paraded around daily on this platform.

Last edited:

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you talked to any of them?

You sound scripted sometimes. Are you? Your reply to Taken where you ask (for the 3rd time!) your question so that you might get exactly the answer that you are probing for with members.

You do a good job of ignoring questions that I have asked you. Some asked 2 times some 3 times. Many one time...so...so what? He gave you an answer. I have answered you.

You are being very careful to not take sides on this issue, and I find that extremely curious. Someone asks you a question and you ask them a question back while totally ignoring their question. Why? Maybe you're scripted? Can I get a straight answer from you on a couple questions?

No links, no questions, just a straight answer. Will you do that for me?

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you talked to any of them?

I'm sorry. I forgot to answer this, didn't I?

I have never talked to a trans in real life. I've seen them a couple times, but they stand out to men who are not confused so I walk the other way. I would think that from my position and posts that a wee bit of reading between the lines would have answered that question for you.

The same is true for your posts. You can tell who a person has been talking to a lot and the person who has his head full of the word of God. Now I suppose that there could be exceptions to that but from the tone of your posts and what limited info you say about yourself that, well of course that guy talks to trans or gay people and it is evident through your carefully crafted posts, lol. According to what data I have to work with.

You sound like you support them and are trying to convince Christians that they are acceptable people. I sound like, eww get that guy away from me for it is written...I am obviously anti-gay. I can
t tell if you are pro gay or not and I even asked you, which you did not respond to! (Twice now on that one!) Can I get an answer to that?

Your refusal to answer indicates to me that you are pro gay. Am I wrong? Please tell me I am wrong, Brother! What is your interest in this subject and your goals here with it? Do you plan to minister to them? Do you think about it? Do you wish love and acceptance from the church for the gay community so make that your goal?

You see? I don't know these things about you. So for the sake of discussion is it a big thing to ask what position you hold in your heart concerning the gay trans people? I have not heard you say one word about you support them. However, neither have you said even once that what they do is wrong or sinful. Huh! Can a Brother get a stright answer? Please?

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you talked to any of them? This is the last time I ask.

What, pray tell is your obsession with getting me to interact with the trans & gay community?

Would I communicate with them? Do I want to? blah blah blah. over and ovr from your posts. Stop being obtuse, it doesn't look good on you Brother.

I wont. I wont. I wont. There is your answer.
Now if the Holy Spirit told me, go minister to that man...then I would.

I sure would appreciate it if you stopped pretending to be obtuse. You're fairly well spoken, you aint that stupid. So what is your cat & mouse game really about? WHo side are you on? The Lord? Or the trans?

Did Jesus come in the flesh?

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please focus. This is the question: Do you want to communicate with these people about Jesus?

This is the 2nd time I have asked.
Why do you ask these questions? Do you seriously want to know?

Yes, i want to share jesus to them. But I am not going to lie to them and call them something they are not.,. I personally would call them by their name. not their gender. then we would not have to worry about it. But lying to them and then trying to share Jesus in sin is uncalled for.

Reactions: MA2444

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you listening? This is the 3rd time I ask. Please focus if you are able.

For the sake of communication with the other person, can you choose to empathize, i.e., put yourself in their shoes, see things from their perspective, and understand their emotions?

I have trouble believing that an unempathetic person like Taken is a staff member of this Christian website. This is a red flag being paraded around daily on this platform.
So we should just lie to them?

That would be like you are in the middle of having sex with a person not your wife (adultry) and while in the act. You want to share Jesus

How is that going to go?

• Love
Reactions: MA2444

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh come on Brother, I asked you no links, no dodges, just a straight answer? Please?!

I do not support trans.

Let's start with the basics again, please?

Did Jesus come in the flesh?
Yes, 2 John 1:7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not confess the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh. Such a one is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Jesus lives in me, and because of that, I love trans people with the love of Christ. Do you? Where is your Paraclete? Where is your empathy? Where is your love?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you listening? Please focus if you are able and try not to condemn yourself in the next reply as you have done in your last one.

This is the 3rd time I have asked. I have trouble believing that an unempathetic person like Taken is a staff member of this Christian website. This is a red flag being paraded around daily on this platform.

Oh what grief you attempt to stir…
You repeating yourself and making false accusations is a reflection on You.

Sheesh :rolleyes:

No, I have not condemned myself.
No, I do not walk in another’s shoes.
No, I do not need to agree with or replicate, experience an other’s sin, corruption, grief….to love others, to feel compassion for others because of results of their poor choices.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not support trans.

Thank you. You had me worried Brother.

Jesus lives in me, and because of that, I love trans people with the love of Christ. Do you? Where is your Paraclete? Where is your empathy? Where is your love?

I try to. My Paraclete seems to be in my heart. I am indwelled by the Holy Spirit at all times and I know this because I can feel Him. Perhaps feel Him is a poor descriptor but it is a perceiving and it does not go away. He is here with me right now.

You know what's good about that? None of the evil spirits that (I might have?) used to have...if it returns the house is not vacant! So he gets denied entry! and his seven buddies more evil than himself he brought with him.

It's like that when trans or gay people regularly ask me again and again (lately, online), will I come into agreement with them enough to have consideration of them and I can even call that loving them and as a benefit, I would even have more friends in this world??

That makes my spirit flinch. Every ounce of my spirit says no don't answer that door for them. To speak the truth in opposition to the trans & gays would be more Christlike and loving than patronizing them with silly pronouns and nonsense that is against all that God has done. If the soul seeks guidance to the Lord then I am yet a servant and will do what I can to point them in the right direction. I would answer the door for them. But I don't have have gay people or trans calling me up saying can you help me seek the Lord & Savior and belivered from being a homosexual. (I think all types of sexual immorality is equally wrong, sinful, and rebellious against God! Not to mention a slap in the face of women.)

My Paraclete says be very wary and if my spirit says open the door, then I will. But he hasn't yet. I think he told me to double lock the door, those guys are dangerous!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh what grief you attempt to stir
I do not have time for this. Please read the next question carefully. It is not your usual question. I am addressing you as a staff member of this platform. Please inform me how I may put you on ignore so that I don't have to read your writings in the future. Please do not sidestep this question of point of order as your customary habit.

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Most definitely but not at their level, they have got to see a difference, there is unholy and holy, saved and unsaved
Are you not contradicting yourself?

Mark 2:17
On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Something tells me these people would not be so obliging if we made up pronouns to mean "Brother of Christ" or "Sister of Christ." And then we demanded everyone addressing us to use those pronouns.

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Something tells me these people would not be so obliging if we made up pronouns to mean "Brother of Christ" or "Sister of Christ." And then we demanded everyone addressing us to use those pronouns.
Right. But why would we impose this demand on ignorant sinners?