Should I use someone’s preferred pronouns if it is not their gender?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Right. But why would we impose this demand on ignorant sinners?
To point out their hypocrisy?

But as with anything we should consider the truth, and if we call someone by a pronoun we know they are not, then we participate in the lie.

We should take a stand against lies, as something God hates, and knowing liars will not enter the Kingdom.

Reactions: MA2444

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Can you state propositionally exactly what is their hypocrisy?
That I expect they would refuse to call us by pronouns that mean "Brother of Christ" or "Sister of Christ." Even if we requested it.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 12:31 says, “Love your neighbor as yourself.” That sounds easy enough but it gets tougher when you realize that “your neighbor” isn't just the people you go to church with–or agree with–or look like. It is in fact, everyone on earth if you think about it. That includes everyone even all the gays and trans and abc's and adulterers everyone. Even the enemy.

So what is the wisest choice of options at this point? I'm charged as a Christian to love the trans as myself if I am trying to obey the Lord, right? So do not cut the trans or gays short is what that says to me. Ok so that is the position that I endeavor to take in my heart unto the Lord. So I pondered that for a moment and a scripture came to my mind.

Proverbs 18:21
21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.../KJV

So that makes it simple if I encounter a hypothetical trans that says, hey would you like to walk a mile in my shoes?! Look closely for what comes out of his mouth. Does he speak life? Does he speak trans? We will know them by thr fruit of their mouth. And if the man speaks trans instead of life, what have I to do with him? This man is not my neighbor. He is in direct rebellion with God and my Lord told me to diligently guard my heart and to be as harmless as doves and

Matthew 10:16
16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.../KJV

And so what would it profit the trans person if I acquiesced to their request of walking in their shoes? It would be a coming into agreement with them and if I am to be in an agreement with them then I would be in rebellion to God. That trans might lose his soul! We Christians must protest because trans do what they do and say what they say and it is full of lies. I have told you before that I can prove this scripturally. So the clear choice to make if I am truely going to try to love this person as myself is to tell them the truth. Right?

If I seen a mama turn away from her child just as the toddler makes a run for the street and cars are coming...should I try to save the child? Of Course. So why not the trans person? Yes, the trans person too. In love for mankind and neighbors. Excuse me Brother but you've made a bad error...Those words speak life. What does the lying trans say?

If they lie from the get go then we certainly know that you can't trust them even a little bit. So just like that like in scripture, they are cut off from their people. A tragedy but the choice that they have made. So they can't get more neighborly love or Christ-like Love, than to speak the truth to them. They kow the truth, scripture says so. They are, without excuse. So pardon me if I try to be as wise as serpents (as they are) and not to fall for their worldly sense of ethics, lol!!

Our neighbor is one who seeks truth and life and does not shy away from it. He wants help! He lies broken in the street and needs to be saved. The power of life and death are in the tongue. And from the abundance of his heart he speaks and so is...And so by the fruit of his mouth you will discern that he is an active enemy or a misguided soul...

It's hard to tell sometimes, but I'm getting better at it!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That I expect they would refuse to call us by pronouns that mean "Brother of Christ" or "Sister of Christ." Even if we requested it.
Oxford:
hypocrisy noun​
behaviour that does not meet the moral standards or match the opinions that somebody claims to have​

What are their moral standards or claims that they are being hypocritical about?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not have time for this. Please read the next question carefully. It is not your usual question. I am addressing you as a staff member of this platform. Please inform me how I may put you on ignore so that I don't have to read your writings in the future. Please do not sidestep this question of point of order as your customary habit.

Staff Members hold one position.
Administrators hold another position.
Contact an Administrator as you have previously been told.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Oxford:
hypocrisy noun​
behaviour that does not meet the moral standards or match the opinions that somebody claims to have​

What are their moral standards or claims that they are being hypocritical about?
If their moral standard is that everyone is free to identity however they want, and everyone should accept that decision. Then it would be hypocritical if they refuse to accept someone else's decision about how they identify.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I do not have time for this. Please read the next question carefully. It is not your usual question. I am addressing you as a staff member of this platform. Please inform me how I may put you on ignore so that I don't have to read your writings in the future. Please do not sidestep this question of point of order as your customary habit.
You can ignore people by clicking on their user name, and pressing the ignore button.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think people like Taken will eventually take up this new evolved vocabulary?
Will you call Jesus Baal, or God, Allah?
Because if you don't someone's feelings might get hurt.
Just saying
Hugs

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If their moral standard is that everyone is free to identity however they want, and everyone should accept that decision. Then it would be hypocritical if they refuse to accept someone else's decision about how they identify.
Sure. In any case, I don't think anyone has the authority to force people to use a certain pronoun. I would not employ the tit-for-tat approach on ignorant sinners either.

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have any published and recognized scholarly reference that states that trans people are mentally ill?

This is the 2nd time I have asked.
I don't have scholarly references but I will share what I do have.
My brother-in-law was suffering from a disease of his vocal chords. I forget the name of it.
He went to a psychiatrist who convinced him that it was ok if he wanted to be a woman.
So from there on in the physical transformation began by changing his clothing to women's clothing. Taking hormone pills to alter his tosterone levels, to civically changing his birth certificate and preffered name.

What if he never went to the psychologist?

We'll never know.

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Contact an Administrator as you have previously been told.
How?

This is the 2nd time I have asked. You are a staff member. Please answer this point-of-order question to the best of your ability. Thanks.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
gay trans people
not all trans are gay.
My brotherinlaw still has girlfriends even though he believes he is a woman.
So I asked him if he being a she is now attracted to men, he said no.
Which leads me to wonder if he being a she is now considered a lesbian.

You see how confusing this is?
This doesn't come from God.
And we should not encourage it. But it is not our job to condemn them.
The world will either accept them or reject them. We are not of the world.
And all judgment is in God's hands
Hugs

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Did you not notice within the past hour you were posting to an Administrator ? Post #108

All you do is sidestepping questions.

How may I put you on ignore? This is the 3rd and the last time I have asked. Do your job as a staff member.