Sin and repentance

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

elysian

Oct 9, 2011
Shalom,

Even if one realizes that one is sinning continually, it isn't easy to stop. After repenting, we start sinning again. What I mean is, the whole process seems endless. You sin, repent, sin, repent, repeat the process endlessly. I thought once we accepted Christ, we won't sin again. But even after accepting Christ, one keeps on sinning. Does that mean Christ has rejected us?

Peace,
Elysian

Perspectives

Aug 12, 2011
Northwest
It's a process Elysian. At conversion, when the journey begins, if we follow and realize that He's not only with us but totally committed to us, that He never will leave or forsake us, then whatever happens on the planet we can face it and overcome it. When faced with temptations I do two things. I remember when Israel crossed the Jordan river with the priests out front. The water didn't part until they stepped in. The second thing I do is realize that birds will fly overhead, but I don't have to let them build a nest on my head. Take control of your thoughts. Ask the Lord for help and you"ll be fine.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Shalom,

Even if one realizes that one is sinning continually, it isn't easy to stop. After repenting, we start sinning again. What I mean is, the whole process seems endless. You sin, repent, sin, repent, repeat the process endlessly. I thought once we accepted Christ, we won't sin again. But even after accepting Christ, one keeps on sinning. Does that mean Christ has rejected us?

Peace,
Elysian

Although the concept of sin is the same for all sin, there's still different types of sin. This is why God's law gave different penalties depending on the type of sin. Christ's grace replaced the ritual and priest requirements to cover sin, but we are still to repent when a sin becomes known to us, and try to refrain from it, asking our Lord Jesus' help (and He will help us overcome it if we are sincere).

I Jn 5:16-20
16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.
18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.
19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.
20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know Him That is true, and we are in Him That is true, even in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
(KJV)

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
If we persevere we will overcome.

When we just newly awakened to the Lord, we have his spirit and a new heart, love for him... But the putting on of his character and the renewing of the mind takes training and time! We have to be faithful, and the Lord will discipline us as a father and teach us. :)

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom,

Peace,
Elysian

Instead iof giving in to your carnal desires - look elsewhere for your comfort and happiness! God will satisfied your wildest desires - I promise. There is nothing close to the satisfaction of living up to our potential - loving God and neighbor at all costs.

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
Shalom,

Peace,
Elysian

As has been stated...It is a continuing process. Many forget our faithfulness today will not cover tomorrow. That is why it is important to "die daily". It is also why it is critical to "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Tim 2:15 And to "pray without ceasing". 1Th 5:17

Salvation is just the beginning...we need to build on that foundation.