The Absurdity of Preterism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There's nothing more sad than a "Fundamentalist" who doesn't believe the Bible because he doesn't understand what the Bible literally says

What kind of twaddle is that? lol

Fundamentalist =
  1. a person who believes in the strict, literal interpretation of scripture in a religion.
A bit of an oxymoron there.....

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
There's nothing more sad than a "Fundamentalist" who doesn't believe the Bible because he doesn't understand what the Bible literally says (or maybe dispies are predestined to error, because they refuse correction). There's nothing more sad because their ignorance is hurting the church and leading to people being killed (especially in the middle-east).
i guess it appears that way, but imo that is just another stop on the path, and apparently it is what God has ordained
Fundies have the same mix of good and evil as any group in my experience

Fundamentalist =
  1. a person who believes in the strict, literal interpretation of scripture in a religion.
yet he has a point, and Fundies are betrayed when their "strict, literal" pov is crushed by an actual literal reading of say "you will see Him come down in the same way you saw Him go up," or the "absent from the body" thing, etc

Reactions: Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is actually an International Preterist Association from whose web site I have obtained this quote (so that none may say that I am misrepresenting them): “Preterist” means past in fulfillment, and “Futurist” means future in fulfillment. Preterist basically means the opposite of Futurist. Futurists believe most end-time prophecies (especially the big three events — the Second Coming, Resurrection, and Judgment) are yet to be fulfilled.

What I see is the formation of a group, all in agreement of promoting a half truth, and then agreeing on the "understanding" of the half truth.

There IS the ABSOLUTE....Thee Faithful God.

There IS mankind....who TRUST what IS TRUE, "AFTER he SEES IT come into fruition".

Then there IS mankind....who TRUSTS God IS Faithful, and Nothing will Deviate from what He says.....and Has NO NEED....to SEE it come into fruition....BEFORE he TRUSTS It IS absolute TRUTH.

God foretells.
God says (to the doubtful), wait, watch, see if what He says doesn't happen.
God says (to the faithful), BE Prepared for what SHALL come to pass, observe the signs.

It IS a matter of Gods Word spoken .... is not something HE WAITS to SEE it come to pass.......

Men do.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: bbyrd009

Vexatious

Sep 29, 2018
midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Fundamentalist =

Matthew 2 speaks of the "the land of Judah." "Land" is the same word often translated "earth". This word doesn't mean and doesn't imply the whole world. As a matter LITERAL interpretation, the end-time events in the Bible say noting of the whole planet, such as Mathew 24 when the "tribes of earth" see the "son of man coming." And, indeed, the context of Mathew 24 (the chapter on the tribulation) says nothing to imply those events will be broader than the greater region of Jerusalem (the only location named in the chapter).

Fundamentalists don't believe the bible when it says the Gospel has already been preached to the whole earth. They don't believe the Bible when it limits the end-time events to the greater region of Jerusalem.

Fundamentalists don't believe the Bible when it says unbelievers perish, as opposed to having eternal life.

Fundamentalists don't believe the Bible when it says Jews of of their father the devil.

Fundamentalists don't believe the Bible when it says Jesus drank wine.

Fundamentalists don't believe the Bible when it says Jesus was in the earth three days and three nights.

Etc.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What I see is the formation of a group, all in agreement of promoting a half truth, and then agreeing on the "understanding" of the half truth.

There IS the ABSOLUTE....Thee Faithful God.

There IS mankind....who TRUST what IS TRUE, "AFTER he SEES IT come into fruition".

Then there IS mankind....who TRUSTS God IS Faithful, and Nothing will Deviate from what He says.....and Has NO NEED....to SEE it come into fruition....BEFORE he TRUSTS It IS absolute TRUTH.

God foretells.
God says (to the doubtful), wait, watch, see if what He says doesn't happen.
God says (to the faithful), BE Prepared for what SHALL come to pass, observe the signs.

It IS a matter of Gods Word spoken .... is not something HE WAITS to SEE it come to pass.......

Men do.

God Bless,
Taken
i like this bc it should also be applied to our lives right now, Christ came that we might have Life, more abundantly, there is no need to be waiting on Jesus for anything, the kingdom is within you right now, i don't even understand why i have it so good is what real believers are saying imo. right now.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why is it a "half-truth" to believe that the bulk of the prophecies of Revelation (and those pertaining to the second coming of Christ, and the establishment of the New Heavens and the New Earth) are yet to be fulfilled?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Why is it a "half-truth" to believe that the bulk of the prophecies of Revelation (and those pertaining to the second coming of Christ, and the establishment of the New Heavens and the New Earth) are yet to be fulfilled?
bc I will never leave you nor forsake you, and Christ is Revealed, He does not Return, meaning that these have yet to be fulfilled in you maybe, me maybe, but not in those in whom Christ has been revealed, all 3 or 4 of them or whatever at any one time, dunno.
Narrow is the path, and few there are who find it
You were in Eden, the garden of God

see, he was there. Take that literally imo

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i like this bc it should also be applied to our lives right now, Christ came that we might have Life, more abundantly, there is no need to be waiting on Jesus for anything, the kingdom is within you right now, i don't even understand why i have it so good is what real believers are saying imo. right now.

I zoned in on your key word "SHOULD".

And agree....the "saved and born again believers"....Do recognize the goodness ... even in the tough times.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: bbyrd009

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

From Gods perspective...
His "THOUGHTS" are conveyed to mankind, via His Word.

Imagine a BOOK of Records, with Dates, Hours.......
1) that Book is Gods, and When He thinks a thought, it is Recorded.

Does He keep checking the Date to make sure He does the thing on that Date? No.
It is already, BY the Power of His own Thought Accomplished.

From mans perspective...
Man can convey his thoughts to other men, to God, via mans own word.

Imagine a BOOK of Records, with Dates, Hours...
1) that Book is a Mans, and when he declares a thought, TO DO something....at a particular date, hour...... IT MAY OR MAY NOT come to pass.

It is a half truth to say, only the perspective of God or only the perspective of man.

They are not the SAME perspectives.
God IS ALWAYS True.
Men ARE NOT.

When God tells a man of WHAT WILL HAPPEN, it is simply God saying....
It IS ALREADY "accomplished in my thought"......but man, you have to WAIT to "SEE" the "REALIZATION" of "my" thoughts.

To simply say....this or that, what a man is WAITING TO SEE.....has already been accomplshed IS A HALF TRUTH....

Men have not YET SEEN the End Time Tribulation.

Still wondering, or get what I am saying?

God Bless,
Taken

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To simply say....this or that, what a man is WAITING TO SEE.....has already been accomplshed IS A HALF TRUTH....
Sorry, but that simply does not jive with Scripture. It is God who has given men an overview of His plans and purposes, and it is our privilege to know what they are through Scripture.

The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law. (Deut 29:29)

When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)... (Mt 24:15)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but that simply does not jive with Scripture. It is God who has given men an overview of His plans and purposes,

Did I say otherwise? No

and it is our privilege to know what they are through Scripture.

Did I say otherwise? No.

The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.
(Deut 29:29)

Did I say otherwise? No

When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)...
(Mt 24:15)

Did I say otherwise? No

What precisely are you disagreeing with?

God Bless,
Taken

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From Gods perspective...
His "THOUGHTS" are conveyed to mankind, via His Word.

Imagine a BOOK of Records, with Dates, Hours.......
1) that Book is Gods, and When He thinks a thought, it is Recorded.

Does He keep checking the Date to make sure He does the thing on that Date? No.
It is already, BY the Power of His own Thought Accomplished.

From mans perspective...
Man can convey his thoughts to other men, to God, via mans own word.

Imagine a BOOK of Records, with Dates, Hours...
1) that Book is a Mans, and when he declares a thought, TO DO something....at a particular date, hour...... IT MAY OR MAY NOT come to pass.

It is a half truth to say, only the perspective of God or only the perspective of man.

They are not the SAME perspectives.
God IS ALWAYS True.
Men ARE NOT.

When God tells a man of WHAT WILL HAPPEN, it is simply God saying....
It IS ALREADY "accomplished in my thought"......but man, you have to WAIT to "SEE" the "REALIZATION" of "my" thoughts.

Men have not YET SEEN the End Time Tribulation.

Still wondering, or get what I am saying?

God Bless,
Taken

Sorry, but that simply does not jive with Scripture. It is God who has given men an overview of His plans and purposes, and it is our privilege to know what they are through Scripture.

The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law. (Deut 29:29)

When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)... (Mt 24:15)
The difficulty here, is that mankind has trouble translating the eternal "same yesterday, today, and forever" non-time reality of God into their own time of unfolding revelation. You see...it is not when a thing is revealed that marks the correct time, but it is the non-time truth with God that is correct.

Time is a mere creation in the midst of the non-time reality of God.

Thus, after all things were nearly revealed, the apostle Paul began to preach "the renewing of your mind", that we should end our use of chronology based on the times that are quickly passing away, and begin to view things "in spirit and in truth" as they are known to be with God.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your terminology of "half-truth". A half-truth would be a lie, and future events presented in prophecy are "all-truth".

Ok, gotcha. However, I still think half-truths are presented.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The difficulty here, is that mankind has trouble translating the eternal "same yesterday, today, and forever" non-time reality of God into their own time of unfolding revelation. You see...it is not when a thing is revealed that marks the correct time, but it is the non-time truth with God that is correct.

Time is a mere creation in the midst of the non-time reality of God.

Like how you put that into words.

Thus, after all things were nearly revealed, the apostle Paul began to preach "the renewing of your mind", that we should end our use of chronology based on the times that are quickly passing away, and begin to view things "in spirit and in truth" as they are known to be with God.

I see "renewing" of ones mind....
As a man "considering the thoughts of his heart", above the thoughts of ones mind.

Which I believe can only be Possible, once a man has become Converted....

And Effected, WHEN a man actually DOES consider the thoughts of his Heart over the thoughts of his mind.

God Bless,
Taken

Vexatious

Sep 29, 2018
midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Willie T Plus Willie... If as He said a thousand years is 'as a' day, ....and a day 'as a' thousand years.... then we are only in the dawning of the Third day... the day of resurrection. :)

Peter's remark about a thousand years is as a day, and vice verse, has nothing to do with the meaning of "soon". Yet, dispensationalists often refer to Peter to try to reconcile their Antichristian doctrine with the Bible's repeated use of the word "soon". If it's coming out of a dispies mouth, it's BS.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus made that "blanket" statement. You have a problem with it because of your Antichrist Dispensationalist doctrine. Jesus said to the Jews, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here." The fact that the Jews wanted to kill Jesus is not the reason Jesus gave for saying the Jews are of the devil. Jesus' Apostles were not Jews, in the sense Dispies use the term, but Christians are the real Jews.

Antichrist Dispensationalist doctrine teaches that the children of Satan, who deny Jesus is the Christ, are God's people. Christianity teaches that no one comes to the Father but through Christ.
Right you are !
The fact is that the Apostles are Israel (Servants of God) and the First Christians.

If one is not a Israel (Servant of God) then one would not know who Jesus was.
Judah was only the people of God, they did not serve God because they never knew God, but the true Israelites would know Jesus was the Son of God as did Nathaniel.

Now a Born Again Christian is an Israel (Servant of God) and a water baptised Christian is like Judah a (People of God).
The People of God (water Baptised) have the ability to become Israel (Servants of God) Born Again, and that's what it's all about, being as one with our Lord and Saviour the King of Israel Jesus Christ.
Now nothing can trump that regardless.

Or what say we look to some Jew ? who is only a believer in the OT or maybe even worst the Talmud Whore that is even more Satanic than Islam.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see "renewing" of ones mind....
As a man "considering the thoughts of his heart", above the thoughts of ones mind.

Which I believe can only be Possible, once a man has become Converted....

And Effected, WHEN a man actually DOES consider the thoughts of his Heart over the thoughts of his mind.
I do understand your heart, but much has been said of the heart being evil.

Last edited:

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If that is true, then every Christian would begetting beheaded (and not by ISIS either).

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. (Rev 20:4)
ISIS is just a creation of the Satanic Talmud Zionist, payed for by the USA tax payer.

Vexatious

Sep 29, 2018
midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now a Born Again Christian is an Israel (Servant of God)

I look at being born again as being born into Israel.

Or what say we look to some Jew ? who is only a believer in the OT or maybe even worst the Talmud Whore that is even more Satanic than Islam.

Muslims and Christians both do better living by the OT than do Jews. Jews excel in following the hateful values of the Talmud.