The Absurdity of Preterism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vexatious

Sep 29, 2018
midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ISIS is just a creation of the Satanic Talmud Zionist, payed for by the USA tax payer.

ISIS is another evil Dispies have brought to the world. Dispies used lies to coax the the US to overthrow the government in Iraq, mass murdering Iraqis, creating a power vacuum for ISIS to come into. Dispies got the US to train and fund ISIS, to get ISIS to overthrow other legitimate governments, especially in Syria. They do this because of their satanic loyalty of the Antichrist state of Israel. Dispies see those middle-eastern governments as a threat to Israel's hegemony.

Lies and murder are traits of the Devil reflected in his children.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do understand your heart, but much has been said of the heart being evil.

We all start out behind the 8 ball, so to speak.
The mind, body, soul, spirit, heart....

We don't know God, Love God, praise Him, Worship Him....in a nutshell, we ARE AGAINST Him...

The Big Picture is to Hear, Learn, Read, Follow, see what God is all about....AND make a decision....Does one want to BE WITH OR WITHOUT GOD.... in brief it is that simple.

Choose to BE WITH God....and ALL the issues with the body, soul, spirit, heart....become....by His Power "in front of the 8 ball", so to speak.

As far as the MIND, that is mans "job", to subdue the mind to the thoughts of the Heart.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus made that "blanket" statement. You have a problem with it because of your Antichrist Dispensationalist doctrine. Jesus said to the Jews, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here." The fact that the Jews wanted to kill Jesus is not the reason Jesus gave for saying the Jews are of the devil. Jesus' Apostles were not Jews, in the sense Dispies use the term, but Christians are the real Jews.

Antichrist Dispensationalist doctrine teaches that the children of Satan, who deny Jesus is the Christ, are God's people. Christianity teaches that no one comes to the Father but through Christ.
Vex, your disdain has blinded you to the whole truth.

The God-breathed scriptures do not agree with your position on Dispensationalism, for it is written: "the Jew first (and also to the Greek)."

But more importantly, a complete and proper understanding tells us that the two groups are "the first" and "the last", and for good reason. "The first (who are last)" are those born under "the first Adam", and "the last (who are first)" are born under "the Last Adam", "born [again] of the spirit of God." The "first" died "in their sin", some of whom were "chosen" "in Christ." "The last" "though they die shall live" for they are "grafted in" "by faith" and "belief" and "quickened" by the outpouring of the Holy Spirit foretold of these last days by Joel the prophet.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Actually, every single person posting here is a Partial Preterist.

Ha! Only if we get "technical". But just because we believe that some prophecies have been fulfilled, and some are yet to be, doesn't mean we fit into all the beliefs of those that categorize themselves as 'partial preterists'.
Although, that does make a very good point that maybe we should be doing more to focus on the fact that we do have things in common. Maybe someone should start a thread about that! Cataloging the similarities between end times beliefs! It would probably devolve into heated arguments, but one can dream for a brief moment that it would be a wonderful moment of unity where we just get excited about Christ's return!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ha! Only if we get "technical". But just because we believe that some prophecies have been fulfilled, and some are yet to be, doesn't mean we fit into all the beliefs of those that categorize themselves as 'partial preterists'.
Although, that does make a very good point that maybe we should be doing more to focus on the fact that we do have things in common. Maybe someone should start a thread about that! Cataloging the similarities between end times beliefs! It would probably devolve into heated arguments, but one can dream for a brief moment that it would be a wonderful moment of unity where we just get excited about Christ's return!
Unfortunately that attempt would soon be divided between those (like me) who think that Revelation was actually written to, and for, the churches it was specifically addressed to, and delivered to, and John asked to read it in their congregations... and those who think it was written to, and for, a 2018 crowd (or a thousand years later ?? … or even more?) as nothing more than an entertaining crystal ball of the future, since it would have had nothing at all to do with anyone who lived even a few years earlier.

Vexatious

Sep 29, 2018
midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Vex, your disdain has blinded you to the whole truth.

The God-breathed scriptures do not agree with your position on Dispensationalism, for it is written: "the Jew first (and also to the Greek)."

But more importantly, a complete and proper understanding tells us that the two groups are "the first" and "the last", and for good reason. "The first (who are last)" are those born under "the first Adam", and "the last (who are first)" are born under "the Last Adam", "born [again] of the spirit of God." The "first" died "in their sin", some of whom were "chosen" "in Christ." "The last" "though they die shall live" for they are "grafted in" "by faith" and "belief" and "quickened" by the outpouring of the Holy Spirit foretold of these last days by Joel the prophet.

I agree with the Bible in all things. Dispies do not.

It's as if you're saying "Okay, there's that verse about Jews being of the devil, but there's also a verse saying the Jew first." It's as if you want to trash the credibility of the Bible by trying to find contradictions.

In Jesus day, in the last days of the Old Covenant of Circumcision, there were faith-filled Believers. These people were often called Jews, given the prominence of the tribe of Judah. These are the "Jew first" people, as they were already Believers. None of these people existed much past 70 AD. The last generation of these people died out in the first century, with many of them first coming to know Christ had come.

There was another group. These people practiced the religion of Judaism, if not lived in Judea, and they were also called Jews for this reason. But, they rejected Jesus. They were not faith-filled Believers. These are the people Jesus told are of their father the devil.

There is a third group. These are today's Jews. They do not practice the jewish religion, except in a vague form, if even that. They don't have faith in God, and many don't even pretend to have faith in God. They call themselves Jews because they see themselves as part of the brotherhood with the Jews who killed Jesus.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just another shallow comment to be more vexatious. If anything, Dispensationalists are the most consistent Bible students, and do not make a mockery of the Bible by fantasizing, allegorizing, and spiritualizing away the plain meaning of words and Scriputure.

The primary reason for the venom directed against them (and they are all sound Christian brethren) is that Dispensationalism exposes the ABSURDITY OF PRETERISM AND AMILLENNIALISM.

God does not deal in absurdities.

Vexatious

Sep 29, 2018
midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just another shallow comment to be more vexatious. If anything, Dispensationalists are the most consistent Bible students, and do not make a mockery of the Bible by fantasizing, allegorizing, and spiritualizing away the plain meaning of words and Scriputure.

Dispies are nothing better than mockers, insisting on taking symbols literally (anything in visions or dreams), with absurd results, while redefining everything else. In essence, dispies lie about everything, so yeah, they are the most constant Bible students, consistently lying. They lie by denying symbols are symbols (stars, beasts, etc.). They lie when they claim words mean something other than they mean (soon, this generation, etc.).

The Bible has different kinds of writing, and address both the physical and spiritual, and it should be read accordingly.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Unfortunately that attempt would soon be divided between those (like me) who think that Revelation was actually written to, and for, the churches it was specifically addressed to, and delivered to, and John asked to read it in their congregations... and those who think it was written to, and for, a 2018 crowd (or a thousand years later ?? … or even more?) as nothing more than an entertaining crystal ball of the future, since it would have had nothing at all to do with anyone who lived even a few years earlier.

Yes, sadly I agree. Why is it that eschatology causes such friction within the body? Honestly, sometimes I think we fight more on this and are more passionate in our disagreements on this, than on the matters that truly matter!

On Revelation...how about those that think it was written for those of John's time, but also for every generation thereafter? I don't know..does that put me in the middle? I think it's wrong to say that a letter that was sent specifically to several churches can't have held any meaning for them. But I also think that all scripture is relevant to every Christian. Mostly, I think Revelation comes under the "nothing new under the sun" rule. It describes, in different ways and from different perspectives, what this time of history will be like, from Christ's ascension to his return. There was persecution back then, and there always will be until his return. Until sin, death and Satan are finally defeated, this world, this age, and our experience of it, will look a certain way. I think Revelation is written to believers to reassure them that despite all this, God is going to ultimately triumph.
That's my take, anyway!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It's as if you're saying "Okay, there's that verse about Jews being of the devil, but there's also a verse saying the Jew first." It's as if you want to trash the credibility of the Bible by trying to find contradictions.

In Jesus day, in the last days of the Old Covenant of Circumcision, there were faith-filled Believers. These people were often called Jews, given the prominence of the tribe of Judah. These are the "Jew first" people, as they were already Believers. None of these people existed much past 70 AD. The last generation of these people died out in the first century, with many of them first coming to know Christ had come.

There was another group. These people practiced the religion of Judaism, if not lived in Judea, and they were also called Jews for this reason. But, they rejected Jesus. They were not faith-filled Believers. These are the people Jesus told are of their father the devil.

There is a third group. These are today's Jews. They do not practice the jewish religion, except in a vague form, if even that. They don't have faith in God, and many don't even pretend to have faith in God. They call themselves Jews because they see themselves as part of the brotherhood with the Jews who killed Jesus.
I have already told you the proper definition and significance of the term "Jew" in the context of Christ telling them they were of their father the devil. The point - His point, was that ALL who are born of the flesh...are born of the devil. Conversely, all who are born of God, are spirit. They were simply acting and speaking out of their flesh...for the Spirit had not yet been given.

So...the so-called "dispies" are dividing up their ranks by divisions of flesh and spirit; and you, you are simply calling them wrong while doing the same. For "one is not a Jew who is one outwardly, but he is a Jew who is one inwardly, in the Spirit."

But that is not the issue on the table.

The issue of the original post, is the error of the Preterism, which is the error of times. And all the 'ism calling, pet peeves such as your own rant against Dispensationalism, and rivalries, is just more of the same. This is nothing more than the enmity of the flesh against the spirit. This is not "rightly dividing the word", but mixing light with darkness, attempting to commune light with darkness where there is no communion. The answer of which is: Only the affairs of the man of sin (of flesh) are referenced in time, while those of God are referenced without time. Thus, when the scriptures say "today" is the day of salvation, it is not that for one it is one day and for another it today is another day. But rather, it eludes [in time] to that which is without time. And when the scriptures say "before" (the foundation of the world), it does not refer to when a time-event was conceived, it refers to "before." And when the scriptures say we "were" crucified with Christ ("before" the foundation of the world), it also means before. And that time when we come to hear of it...that is not the time when a non-time event happened, but merely the time of its revelation.

God does not exist within the times of the world, but the world and its times exist within a creation, an "image", revealing His story - i. e. history. And mixing what is without time with that which is within time...is confusion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Vexatious

Sep 29, 2018
midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, sadly I agree. Why is it that eschatology causes such friction within the body? Honestly, sometimes I think we fight more on this and are more passionate in our disagreements on this, than on the matters that truly matter!

Over 500,000 people died as a result of the Iraq war, a war brought about largely by lying and fear-mongering from Dispies. And, the cost of that drive to war resulted in a significant and permanent jump in hostility to Christianity in America, because of the loss of Christian influence. Everything from Dispies follows this pattern of disloyalty to the cause of Christ. Jesus told the Jews that they're of their father the devil, and Dispies say they have the same god as the Jews. They're not within the body of Christ; they're just within the walls of our churches.

Before the Dispies took over the Southern Baptist church, the SBC had never passed a resolution favorable to any war, not even WWII. After the Dispies took over, they pushed for the Iraq war and even passed a resolution patting themselves on the back for starting war. Before Dispies took over, the SBC never passed a resolution supporting Israel, not in 1948 or 1988. After Dispies took over, the SBC passed a resolution that amounted to worshiping Israel. The cost of that that is now liberals are taking over the SBC, because the Dispies destroyed the credibility of the conservatives.

I know Dispensationalism by its lies and its rotten fruit.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If anything, Dispensationalists are the most consistent Bible students, and do not make a mockery of the Bible by fantasizing, allegorizing, and spiritualizing away the plain meaning of words and Scriputure.
Oh...do be careful:

Fantasizing = "image"
Allegorizing = "parables"
Spiritualizing = "God"

...that is, in "the plain meaning."

Reactions: Vexatious

Vexatious

Sep 29, 2018
midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point - His point, was that ALL who are born of the flesh...are born of the devil. Conversely, all who are born of God, are spirit. They were simply acting and speaking out of their flesh...for the Spirit had not yet been given.

No, Jesus' point wasn't that we're all born of the devil. Jesus' point is that the Jews are of their father the devil, and not God's people, as they thought and Dispies think.

For one is not a Jew who is one outwardly, but he is a Jew who is one inwardly, in the Spirit.

I agree that Christians are the real Jews, in the spirit. But, the issue here is that those of their father the devil call themselves Jews, and so do Dispies, and Dispies say they're God's people. Of course, they're not real Jews. They're of the Synagogue of Satan, sorry again for using Jesus' words.

The issue of the original post, is the error of the Preterism

The OP is drivel.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Jesus' point wasn't that we're all born of the devil. Jesus' point is that the Jews are of their father the devil, and not God's people, as they thought and Dispies think.

I agree that Christians are the real Jews, in the spirit. But, the issue here is that those of their father the devil call themselves Jews, and so do Dispies, and Dispies say they're God's people. Of course, they're not real Jews. They're of the Synagogue of Satan, sorry again for using Jesus' words.
Dispies are not the issue, they're your issue. You have made yourself clear.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
where we just get excited about Christ's return!
Christ's Revelation might be better? i mean being as how you cannot Quote Christ's return anywhere
Unfortunately that attempt would soon be divided
amen, division is ezackly what is needed there i guess, i was even headed down here with that in mind, that exact word.
Why is it that eschatology causes such friction within the body?
bc it has been taken over by wolves who do not recognize when a believer is supposed to have died is my guess

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
On Revelation...how about those that think it was written for those of John's time, but also for every generation thereafter? I don't know..does that put me in the middle? I think it's wrong to say that a letter that was sent specifically to several churches can't have held any meaning for them. But I also think that all scripture is relevant to every Christian. Mostly, I think Revelation comes under the "nothing new under the sun" rule. It describes, in different ways and from different perspectives, what this time of history will be like, from Christ's ascension to his return. There was persecution back then, and there always will be until his return. Until sin, death and Satan are finally defeated, this world, this age, and our experience of it, will look a certain way. I think Revelation is written to believers to reassure them that despite all this, God is going to ultimately triumph.
That's my take, anyway!
amen, you are the Seven Churches, and their "sins" are the ones that we will generally walk through at some point imo

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's my take, anyway!
That's pretty much the same way I look at Revelation. See? We aren't arguing about it. I think, mainly, it is "pride" and that insistence that "I am right and anyone not agreeing with me is wrong" that causes all the tension and strife. It probably has very little to do with any "truths."

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Thank God we only have those seven sins to be concerned with. :D
ha, i'm not sure if they are meant to encapsulate every sin or not, but "seven worse spirits" is a pointer or something too. i've read some pretty decent analogies in that vein anyway. i guess to stay on topic we could figger out which one of the seven covers preterism maybe, or any ism for that matter