The Commandment

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. - Romans 7:8-9.

Look at these verse's closely. First Paul was never alive without the law! Paul was speaking retrospect of Adam's choice to disobey God. Adam (Eve) is the only person to ever live without the law, until God told him - do not eat. The commandment came to Adam not to eat. What Adam was told - he disobeyed. It was the first commandment ever recorded in written scripture - do not eat from this tree! or you will die.

If the commandment had never been given..then Adam would not have known sin. That one law exposed all sin. Men would never live without that law again (more laws were added). God had fixed it to where men would live under the control of the one law - do not eat! to expose sin. Why is sin so prevalent in the world, easy to see, manifest. Because of the one law written to expose sin. We see sin in the world and self, because the law expose's sin.

Reactions: Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. - Romans 7:8-9.

Look at these verse's closely. First Paul was never alive without the law! Paul was speaking retrospect of Adam's choice to disobey God. Adam (Eve) is the only person to ever live without the law, until God told him - do not eat. The commandment came to Adam not to eat. What Adam was told - he disobeyed. It was the first commandment ever recorded in written scripture - do not eat from this tree! or you will die.

If the commandment had never been given..then Adam would not have known sin. That one law exposed all sin. Men would never live without that law again (more laws were added). God had fixed it to where men would live under the control of the one law - do not eat! to expose sin. Why is sin so prevalent in the world, easy to see, manifest. Because of the one law written to expose sin. We see sin in the world and self, because the law expose's sin.

Very interesting thoughts concerning verses 8-9, worth pondering before God…

I think I agree, Paul was speaking as a representative of mankind as a whole..

Good insight, be blessed in the Christ in you…

A fellow believer, Not me

Reactions: soul man