The flood and sea animals

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
what happened to sea animals, did they survive the flood?

Could they have survived on the ark?

Gen 7
21 So all creatures that moved on the earth perished: birds, livestock, animals, and every swarming thing that swarms upon the earth, and all mankind; 22 of all that was on the dry land, all in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, died. 23 So He wiped out every living thing that was upon the face of the land, from mankind to animals, to crawling things, and the birds of the sky, and they were wiped out from the earth; and only Noah was left, together with those that were with him in the ark.

At a future time
Zeph 1

Zephaniah 1:3
“I will remove human and animal life; I will remove the birds of the sky And the fish of the sea, And the ruins along with the wicked; And I will eliminate mankind from the face of the earth,” declares the Lord.

18..... For He will make a complete end,
Indeed a horrifying one,
Of all the inhabitants of the earth.

Reactions: BeyondET

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
what happened to sea animals, did they survive the flood?

They could have survived i guess

Genesis 7:21-23 doesn't mention the fish in the sea.

21 So all creatures that moved on the earth perished: birds, livestock, animals, and every swarming thing that swarms upon the earth, and all mankind; 22 of all that was on the dry land, all in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, died. 23 So He wiped out every living thing that was upon the face of the land, from mankind to animals, to crawling things, and the birds of the sky, and they were wiped out from the earth; and only Noah was left, together with those that were with him in the ark.

Last edited:
Reactions: BeyondET