The Great Apostasy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elizabeth

Dec 14, 2013
Luke 18:18: "But yet the Son of man, when he cometh, shall he find, think you, faith on earth?"

In the Gospel, our Lord Jesus Christ informs us that in the last days the true Faith would hardly be found on earth. He tells us that in "the holy place" itself there will be "the abomination of desolation" (Mt. 24:15) and a deception so profound that, if it were possible, even the elect would be deceived (Mt. 24:24).

2 Thess. 2:3-5: "Let no man deceive you by any means, for unless there come a revolt [apostasy] first, and the man if sin be revealed, the son of perdition, Who opposeth, and is lifted up above all that is called God, or that is worshipped, so that he sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself as if he were God. Remember you not, that when I was with you, I told you these things?"

In 1903, Pope St. Pius X though that he might be seeing the beginning of the evils which will fully come to pass in the last days.

Pope St. Pius X, E Supreme (#5), Oct. 4, 1903: "...There is good reason to fear lest this great perversity may be as it were a foretaste , and perhaps the beginning of those evils which are preserved for the last days; and that there may already be in the world 'the Son of perdition' of whom the Apostle speaks. 2 Thess. 2:3."

The New Testament tells us that this deception will happen in the very heart of the Church's physical structures, in "the temple of God" (2 Thess. 2:4) and "in the holy place." (Mt. 24:15) It will arise because people receive not the love of the truth (2 Thess. 2:10).

In 2 Thess. 2, St. Paul speaks of the last days being characterized by a great apostasy that will be the worst ever - even worse than was expected in the Arian crisis in the 4th century, in which an authentically Catholic priest was hardly to be found. ...

If the Arian crisis - just a prelude to the Great Apostasy - was this extensive, how extreme will the Great Apostasy foretold by our Lord and St. Paul be?

Prophecy of St. Nicholas of Fluh (1417-1487): "The Church will be punished because the majority of her members , high and low, will become so perverted. The Church will sink deeper and deeper until she will at last seem to be extinguished , and the succession of Peter and the other Apostles to have expired. But, after this, she will be victoriously exalted in the sight of all doubters.

St. Paul further states that this apostasy will result in a man sitting in the temple of God and "shewing himself as if he were God." Later in this book, we prove that this is exactly what has happened by a man sitting in St. Peter's Basilica declaring that he and everyone else is God.

Fr.. Herman Kramer was a Catholic priest who spent 30 years studying and writing a book on the Apocalypse. In his book, he wrote the following about St. Paul's prophecy concerning the Antichrist sitting in the Temple of God.

"St. Paul says the Antichrist 'sitteth in the temple of God' ...this is not the ancient temple of Jerusalem, nor a temple like it built by Antichrist, as some have thought, for then it would be his own temple... this temple is shown to be the Catholic Church, possibly one of the Church's in Jerusalem or St. Peter's in Rome, which is the largest Church in the world and is in the full sense the temple of God.

Notice the Kramer says that the 'Temple of God' probably refers to St. Peter's Basilica in Rome.

The Catholic Encyclopedia article on "Antichrist" indicates that St. Bernard believed that the Antichrist would be an antipope. "...St. Bernard speaks in the passage of the Antipope [as the Beast of the Apocalypse].

Blessed Joachim (d. 1202): "Towards the end of the world, Antichrist will overthrow the pope and usurp his see."

But whether or not one believes that the Antichrist will be an antipope, it has definitely been prophesied that the forces of Antichrist will overtake Rome in the final days. On Spe. 19, 1846, Our Lady of La Salette prophesied that Rome would lose the Faith and become the Seat of the Antichrist in a finals days apostasy from the one true Catholic faith .

Our Lady of La Salette: "Rome will lose the Faith and become the Seat of the Anti-christ... the Church will be in eclipse."

This startling prophesy coincides with the prophesies in Sacred Scripture (Apocalypse 17 and 18), which inform us that the city of seven hills (Rome) will become a harlot (a counterfeit Bride of Christ), which will commit spiritual fornication (idolatry) and tread upon the blood of the saints (false ecumenism). The great harlot prophesied in the Bible is not the Catholic Church; it is a counterfeit Church, an apostate, phony Bride which arises in the last days to deceive Catholics and eclipse the true Church which has been reduced to a remnant. In this Book, [ The Truth About What Really Happened to the Catholic Church After Vatican II by Bro. Peter Dimond] we will bring foward the overwhelming , undeniable, irrefutable evidence from doctrinal grounds and unassailable facts that the "Church" which has arisen with the Second Vatican Council (1962-1965) is not the Catholic Church at all, but rather a massively fraudulent Counter-Church which denies the fundamental teachings of the Catholic Church.

We will show that the men who imposed this new Vatican II religion and the New Mass were not Catholics at all , but manifest heretics preaching a new religion.

See the full article here: www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/section1.pdf

See the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWsgxCVYtAI

Giver

Dec 13, 2013
Wilson, NC
Elizabeth said:
Luke 18:18: "But yet the Son of man, when he cometh, shall he find, think you, faith on earth?"

In the Gospel, our Lord Jesus Christ informs us that in the last days the true Faith would hardly be found on earth. He tells us that in "the holy place" itself there will be "the abomination of desolation" (Mt. 24:15) and a deception so profound that, if it were possible, even the elect would be deceived (Mt. 24:24).

2 Thess. 2:3-5: "Let no man deceive you by any means, for unless there come a revolt [apostasy] first, and the man if sin be revealed, the son of perdition, Who opposeth, and is lifted up above all that is called God, or that is worshipped, so that he sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself as if he were God. Remember you not, that when I was with you, I told you these things?"

In 1903, Pope St. Pius X though that he might be seeing the beginning of the evils which will fully come to pass in the last days.

Pope St. Pius X, E Supreme (#5), Oct. 4, 1903: "...There is good reason to fear lest this great perversity may be as it were a foretaste , and perhaps the beginning of those evils which are preserved for the last days; and that there may already be in the world 'the Son of perdition' of whom the Apostle speaks. 2 Thess. 2:3."

The New Testament tells us that this deception will happen in the very heart of the Church's physical structures, in "the temple of God" (2 Thess. 2:4) and "in the holy place." (Mt. 24:15) It will arise because people receive not the love of the truth (2 Thess. 2:10).

In 2 Thess. 2, St. Paul speaks of the last days being characterized by a great apostasy that will be the worst ever - even worse than was expected in the Arian crisis in the 4th century, in which an authentically Catholic priest was hardly to be found. ...

If the Arian crisis - just a prelude to the Great Apostasy - was this extensive, how extreme will the Great Apostasy foretold by our Lord and St. Paul be?

Prophecy of St. Nicholas of Fluh (1417-1487): "The Church will be punished because the majority of her members , high and low, will become so perverted. The Church will sink deeper and deeper until she will at last seem to be extinguished , and the succession of Peter and the other Apostles to have expired. But, after this, she will be victoriously exalted in the sight of all doubters.

St. Paul further states that this apostasy will result in a man sitting in the temple of God and "shewing himself as if he were God." Later in this book, we prove that this is exactly what has happened by a man sitting in St. Peter's Basilica declaring that he and everyone else is God.

Fr.. Herman Kramer was a Catholic priest who spent 30 years studying and writing a book on the Apocalypse. In his book, he wrote the following about St. Paul's prophecy concerning the Antichrist sitting in the Temple of God.

"St. Paul says the Antichrist 'sitteth in the temple of God' ...this is not the ancient temple of Jerusalem, nor a temple like it built by Antichrist, as some have thought, for then it would be his own temple... this temple is shown to be the Catholic Church, possibly one of the Church's in Jerusalem or St. Peter's in Rome, which is the largest Church in the world and is in the full sense the temple of God.

Notice the Kramer says that the 'Temple of God' probably refers to St. Peter's Basilica in Rome.

The Catholic Encyclopedia article on "Antichrist" indicates that St. Bernard believed that the Antichrist would be an antipope. "...St. Bernard speaks in the passage of the Antipope [as the Beast of the Apocalypse].

Blessed Joachim (d. 1202): "Towards the end of the world, Antichrist will overthrow the pope and usurp his see."

But whether or not one believes that the Antichrist will be an antipope, it has definitely been prophesied that the forces of Antichrist will overtake Rome in the final days. On Spe. 19, 1846, Our Lady of La Salette prophesied that Rome would lose the Faith and become the Seat of the Antichrist in a finals days apostasy from the one true Catholic faith .

Our Lady of La Salette: "Rome will lose the Faith and become the Seat of the Anti-christ... the Church will be in eclipse."

This startling prophesy coincides with the prophesies in Sacred Scripture (Apocalypse 17 and 18), which inform us that the city of seven hills (Rome) will become a harlot (a counterfeit Bride of Christ), which will commit spiritual fornication (idolatry) and tread upon the blood of the saints (false ecumenism). The great harlot prophesied in the Bible is not the Catholic Church; it is a counterfeit Church, an apostate, phony Bride which arises in the last days to deceive Catholics and eclipse the true Church which has been reduced to a remnant. In this Book, [ The Truth About What Really Happened to the Catholic Church After Vatican II by Bro. Peter Dimond] we will bring foward the overwhelming , undeniable, irrefutable evidence from doctrinal grounds and unassailable facts that the "Church" which has arisen with the Second Vatican Council (1962-1965) is not the Catholic Church at all, but rather a massively fraudulent Counter-Church which denies the fundamental teachings of the Catholic Church.

We will show that the men who imposed this new Vatican II religion and the New Mass were not Catholics at all , but manifest heretics preaching a new religion.

See the full article here: www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/section1.pdf

See the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWsgxCVYtAI
[SIZE=16pt]Yes I understand what you are saying. My wife became very angry and quoted how wrong people have been through out history about the end times, when I told her what Jesus told me.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]My wife when she was a very young girl started praying that Jesus would come a take before the end times.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Jesus told my wife over five years ago the he was going to come get her soon. My wife went and bought life insurance to help support me to take care of my Downs Syndrome daughter.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]She also wrote all the children and me good by notes. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Jesus came and got her five years ago Christmas Eve. She was not sick, other then a cold. She worked up to a few days before she died.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]When I told her who the Anti-Christ was she became very angry again. Some how she knew how much suffering people would expierance. She spent her life trying to relieve people’s suffering, and would have suffered to see so many people hurting.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]I am sharing what Jesus has told me not to convince or to change anyone’s understanding of God.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Jesus told me it is too late to change anyone’s understanding, but for those who he has called, and are on the fence, what I share may help. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]The end time is only beginning, and there is much to come, before the anti-Christ is reviled.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Now that is my witness. The only way one can know if I am right is to have Jesus confirm or deny what I say. The other way to know, is just wait. [/SIZE]

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Elizabeth - half the sisters from Mount St. Michael left their schism and came back home to the Roman Catholic Church - I suppose they got tired of being Protestants, in Catholic regalia - you can too!

Giver

Dec 13, 2013
Wilson, NC
aspen said:
Elizabeth - half the sisters from Mount St. Michael left their schism and came back home to the Roman Catholic Church - I suppose they got tired of being Protestants, in Catholic regalia - you can too!
[SIZE=16pt](Matthew 5:39) “You have learnt how it was said: ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.’ But I say this to you: offer the wicked man no resistance[/SIZE].”

day

Aug 2, 2012
Idaho, USA
People have been calling those who don't share their particular views on doctrine "antichrist" for hundreds of years. So far everyone has been wrong.

In chapters 2 and 4 of his first letter, John tells us that the antichrist is one who denies that Jesus was the Son of God and came in the flesh. Vatican II tried to redirect focus back on Jesus as the center of faith. That is hardly something the antichrist would do.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Giver said:
(Matthew 5:39) “You have learnt how it was said: ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.’ But I say this to you: offer the wicked man no resistance.”
How does that teaching from Jesus about mercy apply to my post??

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
Elizabeth said:
Uh, there was no Catholic priest to be found then because the Roman Catholic Church didn't exist yet.

The Roman Catholic Church originated in July of 1054 CE when the Patriarch of Rome and his followers separated themselves from the other Patriarchs of the universal Church. The split resulted in the formation of the Roman Catholic Church and the Eastern Orthodox Church.

Anyway, "God's temple" as mentioned in 2 Thessalonians 2:4 could easily refer to a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem.
Nowhere in his writings does the Apostle Paul say that God's temple is in Rome.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Elizabeth said:
From the very beginning the Apostasy has always been associated (at large) with mainstream religion. Mainstream to mean Roman Catholicism and Protestantism. We know from Bible prophecy God has used these ecclesiastical movements in the outworking of His great plan of redemption i.e. to bring all the earth into the Israelitish hope.

My heart extends to those caught up in these mysterious religions, especially those with a paid clergy. Unknowingly they have wrought terrible mischief through their false teaching. Their naughty little ways of religious worldlings have wrecked havoc all over the earth, for generation upon generation. I have seen many people such as yourself who so keenly want for Bible truth, men and women who are perishing from lack of Bible discovery, and that the great hindrance in the way of their receiving it, is the “reverends” of the Apostacy.

Make no mistake Elizabeth, these are perilous times, the truth has long been lost amidst platonic teaching; the traditions of men and vain philosophies.

Men (and sadly Women) preach fables in God’s name, and vilify those who dutifully call attention to the fact. Elizabeth I suggest you draw close to those who seek to counteract their teaching by a vigorous proclamation of the doctrines of the Bible. Such a faithful witnessing means (especially when the adversary is lively) contention and commotion. Paul’s activity in publishing the Word “turned the world upside down.” If you know your Bible you will know the truth’s operation revealed a time for belligerency — for “breaking down” as well as for “building up.” Draw near to those who are capable of doing both.

Orthodox teachers are very dangerous men. Their high-sounding pretensions, their learning, and above all, their great ignorance of God’s great purpose, make them so. They are not the media of saving truth, but of the “strong delusion.” They are adepts in making error look like truth—their ability in this respect is astounding. How many young ones—young in the Spirit’s teaching—have been distressed and deceived by these leaders of the Apostacy. How often has an church been plunged into hurtful controversy through the pushing of a wrong notion culled from these questionable sources? Where is there one that does not pervert and obscure the doctrines of the Bible by upholding mythological nonsense—to wit, a pagan deity, a pagan devil, pagan immaterial and immortal ghosts, pagan realms of eternal woe and bliss?

This stamps popular expositors as the enemies of God, and grievous corruptors of His Word. Where is there one that can intelligently and scripturally define the Hope of Israel?

My four children (aged 7-11) could speak to these about the way of salvation! They could ask you a simple question on the nature and destiny of man? And they could take you to the Scripture for a Bible answer. But here we get all manner of ungodly notions applied to his nature and condition before God.

The Papacy is an evidence of the divine inspiration of the writings of Paul, but still more so is it an evidence of the divine inspiration of the Apocalypse. Paul revealed many facts in connection with the Papacy (See 2 Thess 2,) but John in Patmos added marvellously to their number. Among the things which John foretold was the name which this truth-corrupting system should bear—“Upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon the Great.” Who can question the appropriateness, the accuracy, of this Apocalyptic description?

As you walk into these sacred Roman temples its reeking with the perfume of incense, and made more weird by hundreds of lighted candles, and a huge illumined Madonna and child, one was forced to think of Babylon, and the sorceries and enchantments of its pagan worship. Enthroned upon a richly upholstered chair sat the Pope’s representative, gorgeously robed in scarlet and gold. On his head was a fish-head pattern mitre, and on his finger a dazzling ring, and in his hand was the well-known pagan crozier. Satellites crowded around, superstitiously adoring, bowing, and kissing. These items, coupled with much cup-raising and Latin intoning, made this “church” a den, indeed, of mystery. Easy would it have been to imagine that the reproduction of some Babylonian temple scene was being witnessed. Gazing on the religious performance one thought of the gathering of Christ and the twelve at Jerusalem, of which the scene in the Madeleine was supposed to be a perpetuation—of the simple meeting in the homes of those first centuries ecclesias—of John’s forecast of the present apostacy—and “marvelled with great astonishment.” With such a fulfilment of prophecy before one’s eyes, shall faith die?

God forbid so great a wickedness.

The beginning of ones journey toward truth is first appreciating that all of Christendom has inherited its Christology from the Great Apostacy - Babylon the Great.

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
Purity said:
From the very beginning the Apostasy has always been associated (at large) with mainstream religion. Mainstream to mean Roman Catholicism and Protestantism. We know from Bible prophecy God has used these ecclesiastical movements in the outworking of His great plan of redemption i.e. to bring all the earth into the Israelitish hope.

My heart extends to those caught up in these mysterious religions, especially those with a paid clergy. Unknowingly they have wrought terrible mischief through their false teaching. Their naughty little ways of religious worldlings have wrecked havoc all over the earth, for generation upon generation. I have seen many people such as yourself who so keenly want for Bible truth, men and women who are perishing from lack of Bible discovery, and that the great hindrance in the way of their receiving it, is the “reverends” of the Apostacy.

Make no mistake Elizabeth, these are perilous times, the truth has long been lost amidst platonic teaching; the traditions of men and vain philosophies.

Men (and sadly Women) preach fables in God’s name, and vilify those who dutifully call attention to the fact. Elizabeth I suggest you draw close to those who seek to counteract their teaching by a vigorous proclamation of the doctrines of the Bible. Such a faithful witnessing means (especially when the adversary is lively) contention and commotion. Paul’s activity in publishing the Word “turned the world upside down.” If you know your Bible you will know the truth’s operation revealed a time for belligerency — for “breaking down” as well as for “building up.” Draw near to those who are capable of doing both.

Orthodox teachers are very dangerous men. Their high-sounding pretensions, their learning, and above all, their great ignorance of God’s great purpose, make them so. They are not the media of saving truth, but of the “strong delusion.” They are adepts in making error look like truth—their ability in this respect is astounding. How many young ones—young in the Spirit’s teaching—have been distressed and deceived by these leaders of the Apostacy. How often has an church been plunged into hurtful controversy through the pushing of a wrong notion culled from these questionable sources? Where is there one that does not pervert and obscure the doctrines of the Bible by upholding mythological nonsense—to wit, a pagan deity, a pagan devil, pagan immaterial and immortal ghosts, pagan realms of eternal woe and bliss?

This stamps popular expositors as the enemies of God, and grievous corruptors of His Word. Where is there one that can intelligently and scripturally define the Hope of Israel?

My four children (aged 7-11) could speak to these about the way of salvation! They could ask you a simple question on the nature and destiny of man? And they could take you to the Scripture for a Bible answer. But here we get all manner of ungodly notions applied to his nature and condition before God.

The Papacy is an evidence of the divine inspiration of the writings of Paul, but still more so is it an evidence of the divine inspiration of the Apocalypse. Paul revealed many facts in connection with the Papacy (See 2 Thess 2,) but John in Patmos added marvellously to their number. Among the things which John foretold was the name which this truth-corrupting system should bear—“Upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon the Great.” Who can question the appropriateness, the accuracy, of this Apocalyptic description?

As you walk into these sacred Roman temples its reeking with the perfume of incense, and made more weird by hundreds of lighted candles, and a huge illumined Madonna and child, one was forced to think of Babylon, and the sorceries and enchantments of its pagan worship. Enthroned upon a richly upholstered chair sat the Pope’s representative, gorgeously robed in scarlet and gold. On his head was a fish-head pattern mitre, and on his finger a dazzling ring, and in his hand was the well-known pagan crozier. Satellites crowded around, superstitiously adoring, bowing, and kissing. These items, coupled with much cup-raising and Latin intoning, made this “church” a den, indeed, of mystery. Easy would it have been to imagine that the reproduction of some Babylonian temple scene was being witnessed. Gazing on the religious performance one thought of the gathering of Christ and the twelve at Jerusalem, of which the scene in the Madeleine was supposed to be a perpetuation—of the simple meeting in the homes of those first centuries ecclesias—of John’s forecast of the present apostacy—and “marvelled with great astonishment.” With such a fulfilment of prophecy before one’s eyes, shall faith die?

God forbid so great a wickedness.

The beginning of ones journey toward truth is first appreciating that all of Christendom has inherited its Christology from the Great Apostacy - Babylon the Great.
huh.gif
Purity, are you saying that the Roman Catholic Church is a part of some kind of an apostasy?

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Giver said:
[SIZE=16pt]When I told her who the Anti-Christ was she became very angry again. Some how she knew how much suffering people would expierance. She spent her life trying to relieve people’s suffering, and would have suffered to see so many people hurting.[/SIZE]
So who is the antichrist ??

Thanks

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Most Holy Family Monastery is a sedevacantist organization run by Michael Dimond. Due to its publication of a pamphlet entitled "101 Heresies of Anti-Pope John Paul II" it was declared "a dissident organization that challenges the papal authority" by The Catholic League in January, 1999. The group has also been condemned by the Catholic diocese of Lincoln, Nebraska, and was designated as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

The Southern Poverty Law Center listed MHFM as a hate group by placing them in the category of adherents of "radical traditional Catholicism, or 'integrism'." This category is said to "routinely pillory Jews as 'the perpetual enemy of Christ' and worse, reject the ecumenical efforts of the Vatican, and sometimes even assert that recent popes have all been illegitimate. They are incensed by the liberalizing reforms of the 1962-65 Second Vatican Council, which condemned hatred for the Jews and rejected the accusation that Jews are collectively responsible for deicide in the form of the crucifixion of Christ."
(Wikipedia)

Also from Wikipedia it is reported that the self proclaimed Benedictine monk Joseph Natale, who founded this cult had the gift of prophecy and prophesied:

Even before Vatican II was finished, I knew, and knew absolutely, that it was part of a Communist conspiracy to destroy the Church. The bishops at the council wanted to democratize Catholicism, they wanted an egalitarian theology, and most of them were secret communists and Masons. They knew exactly what they were doing. My community here was the first one in the United States to see the council for what it really was, and we rejected it completely.

Regardless of what you have been told, John Paul I did not die of natural causes. He was murdered. Shortly after his election "I went into a kind of trance" and was told that John Paul I would be murdered because he wanted to return the Church to its traditions. He was murdered by his own. The Communist infiltrators in the Vatican and the College of Cardinals, working together with the Masons, killed John Paul I. At the same time I also had a vision of John Paul II, and I was told that he would be the next pope and also that he would be an authentic pope, even though most of his actions would be controlled by Communist advisers and manipulators in the Vatican.

Five years [from 1994] is about all the time the world has left.
Well we are still here.

In another thread Elizabeth says about Pope Francis - "He's a proven antipope and manifest heretic."

The rantings of the Dimond brothers is no proof of anything and moreover the charge of being a "manifest heretic" is quite ridiculous.

Reactions: aspen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You cant argue with the religious, Jesus told them the truth and they murdered Him, when God releases His sons upon the earth, teh religious will hate them and want to kill them, it will never end, untill the scales have being removed and men see religion for what it is,

In all His Love

day

Aug 2, 2012
Idaho, USA
Purity, you seem to have denied all things Christian. What exactly do you believe?

Dodo_David said:
Anyway, "God's temple" as mentioned in 2 Thessalonians 2:4 could easily refer to a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem.
Nowhere in his writings does the Apostle Paul say that God's temple is in Rome.
This becomes more of a possibility every day. I heard yesterday on the news that Israel is requesting Jordan (who oversees the temple mount) to provide a place on top (not the Western Wall) for a Jewish place of prayer. So far Jordan has declined, but pressure is building within Israel among ordinary citizens, not just religious extremists for Israel to increase its efforts.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
its even more evident now days now we have so much history and can look back at every thing .

from recent history (infallability ) to the martys of older centurys..

we can actualy "see worship" of a christian church leader whose church numbers dwarfs all others ... with our own eyes! AND on you tube or tv.

and though it easy to look back or look at and see ,, WE have christians that deny what they see and hear to ..

sorta like a delusion ? :D

http://www.wels.net/about-wels/doctrinal-statements/antichrist

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Elizabeth said:
This is typical of the real deceivers - most holy family monastery.

St. Bernard was not speaking of the future he was speaking of the anti-pope of his time - Anacletus II, not some Pope in the future.

During St. Bernard's time an antipope named Anacletus II managed to displace the true pope, Innocent II. Anacletus reigned in Rome from 1130 to 1138. St. Bernard thought that Antipope Anacletus II, the man he was opposing at the time, was in fact the Antichrist and the Beast of the Apocalypse.

"His [St. Bernard's] language was vehement, not to say violent: Anacletus is Antichrist; he is the Beast of prophecy…"
Quoted from http://www.inhell.net/antichrist/

Elizabeth said:
And yet more deceipt from the most holy family monastery. Let's look at the full quote of what Blessed Joachim said:

"Toward the end of the world, Antichrist will overthrow the pope and usurp his See."...."The sanctify of this beneficent Pontiff will be so great that the highest potentates shall bow down before his presence. This holy man shall crush the arrogance of religious schism and hersy. All men will return to the primitive Church, and there shall be only one pastor, one law, one master - humble, modest and fearing God... because only God alone can and will pour down on the wounds of humanity the oily balm of sweetness... "The city of Babylon shall then be the head and the guide of the world. Rome, weakened in temporal power, shall preserve her spiritual dominion and shall enjoy great peace. Six and a half years after this time the Pope will render his soul to God"
http://www.futurerevealed.com/future/J.htm

Very different from what the most unholy monastery tries to make Joachim say.

Elizabeth said:

And yet another example of the most unholy monastery deceipt. They snip a little quote totally out of context.

Let’s look at a larger portion of what Our Lady is supposed to have said. This is from a translation by the Catholic theologian Robert L Conte, of the ‘secret’ given to Melanie Mathieu. He notes that in the original there was no numbering but that he has split it into sections for clarity. He also notes that the text in italics are Melanie’s comments on the Virgin Mary’s words

15. ‘The holy Father will suffer much. I will be with him until the end to receive his sacrifice.’

16. ‘The wicked will make an attempt several times on his life without power to do harm to his days; but neither he, nor his successor [who will not reign long,] will see the triumph of the Church of God.’

Now to me that sounds like a reference to Pope John Paul II who had a least one attempt on his life and who did suffer much. His successor Pope Benedict XVI did not reign long. In this prophecy therefore both John Paul II And Benedict XVI are valid Popes.
Also note that we have yet to see ‘the triumph of the Church of God.’

The prophecy continues
28. ‘Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist.’

29. ‘The demons of the air with the antichrist will perform great wonders on the earth and in the air, and men will corrupt themselves more and more. God will have care of His faithful servants and men of good will; the Gospel will be preached everywhere, all peoples and all nations will have knowledge of the truth!’…….

Have we seen the demons of the air, with the antichrist, performing great wonders on the earth. I say no and therefore this prophecy is not in force yet.

31. ‘The Church will be eclipsed, the world will be in consternation. But behold Enoch and Elias filled with the Spirit of God; they will preach with the strength of God, and men of good will will believe in God, and many souls will be consoled; they will make great progress by the virtue of the Holy Spirit and will condemn the devilish errors of the antichrist.’
[Abbé Combe, the editor of the 1904 edition, adds the following note after this paragraph. ‘I have from Melanie that the Church will be eclipsed in this sense, that 1) one will not know which is the true pope; 2) for a time: the holy Sacrifice will cease to be offered in churches, and also in houses: so there will be no more public worship. But she saw that yet the holy Sacrifice would not cease: it would be offered in caves, in tunnels, in barns and in alcoves.’]

Has the holy Sacrifice [of the Mass] ceased to be offered in churches? Is there no more public worship? Is the Mass being offered only in tunnels, in barns and in alcoves?

The answer is no and therefore this prophecy is not in force yet.

Also do you notice how the two bits:
"Rome will lose the Faith and become the Seat of the Anti-christ... and the Church will be in eclipse." are put together although in the prophecy they are far apart. The first bit is from point 15 and the second from point 31

But personally I’m not impressed by this prophecy. Another part says:
‘In the year 1865, the abomination will be seen in holy places; in convents, the flowers of the Church will be decayed and the demon will make himself as the king of hearts. May those who are at the head of religious communities keep themselves on guard for persons whom they must receive, because the demon will use all of his malice in order to introduce into religious orders persons devoted to sin, for disorders and the love of carnal pleasures will be spread by all the earth.’

19. ‘France, Italy, Spain and England will be in war; blood will flow in the streets; Frenchman will fight with Frenchman, Italian with Italian; subsequently there will be a general war which will be appalling. For a time, God will no longer be mindful of France or Italy, because the Gospel of Jesus Christ is no longer known. The wicked will deploy all their malice; they will kill themselves, they will massacre themselves mutually even in the houses.’

All the above never happened.

These are just three examples of the deceipts put out by this Sedevacantist group that Elizabeth quotes from. I haven't the time now but I'm sure that if I followed up the other "prophecies" I would find them just as twisted out of their context as these three.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
HUGE mistake applying the temple Apostle Paul spoke of in 2 Thess.2 to Christ's Church!

The prophecy Apostle Paul was giving in 2 Thess.2:3-4 is the same end of days prophecy that Jesus was giving His disciples (and us) upon the Mount of Olivet in Matthew 24, while overlooking the then standing temple complex in JERUSALEM.

The temple Paul is referring to is the same as what Jesus was referring to in Matt.24 about the "abomination of desolation" from the Book of Daniel, which happens to also mean a physical temple in JERUSALEM.

Christ's warning, and Paul's warning, is about the coming Antichrist-false messiah figure, to Jerusalem, not to Rome, and not within Christ's Church, but instead among the orthodox unbelieving Jews in Jerusalem.

As of today, the orthodox Jews in Jerusalem have the materials ready to build a third temple, and they plan to do just that sometime in the near future.

So this thread's topic is totally outside the Biblical context of what Apostle Paul taught in 2 Thessalonians 2.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Dodo_David said:
Uh, there was no Catholic priest to be found then because the Roman Catholic Church didn't exist yet.

The Roman Catholic Church originated in July of 1054 CE when the Patriarch of Rome and his followers separated themselves from the other Patriarchs of the universal Church. The split resulted in the formation of the Roman Catholic Church and the Eastern Orthodox Church.
Just because some branches split off from a tree doesn't mean that the original tree is now a different tree!

It is unfortunate that the Esatern churches split off but I hope that someday they will be re-united to us.

Purity said:
It is the Mother of all Apostacies!

Dodo_David said:

It's only what Elizabeth was saying - and with as little evidence.

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
Mungo said:
Just because some branches split off from a tree doesn't mean that the original tree is now a different tree!

It is unfortunate that the Esatern churches split off but I hope that someday they will be re-united to us.
It looks to me like it was the other way around ... that the western branch split off from the rest of the tree. ^_^

Anyway, I see nothing in the New Testament which says that the Temple of God is anywhere other than in Jerusalem.

Status
Not open for further replies.