The Trinity: Best Friends Yesterday, Today, and Forever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am talking about becoming a friend with Jesus so that we are not just Master and servant and Lawgiver and obeyer, but are best friends where there is no law needed not to forsake and betray Him. (Always Believing)

I believe this teaching of Best Friends ought be center stage for speaking of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

The image of God as the Three that are One in best friendship smiling broadly arm and arm over each shoulder together as Best Friends, is much more beautiful and inviting than that of Three Perfect Lawgiving Judges standing to condemn the wicked and forgiven the repentant.

We don't do away with the law of Christ, and judgement and righteousness, but we see how such law becomes unnecessary between best friends: we hold to the Head, because we are best friends with Him.

And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

As one person put it, when we move beyond Lawgiver and obedient servant to that of best friends, we then can truly see what it is to become one with Them, even as They are one God together: Best Friends forever and ever.

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

And so God was Three Best Friends before the beginning of creation, which He has made specifically for the purpose of having the pleasure of knowing as many more best friends as possible. And One among Them was chosen to come to earth, as a man among men, to make friends with man and woman, and dying for us to first believe, then obey, and finally love and have fellowship as best friends with forever and ever.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

And so the Son came down from His seat in the throne of Heaven for one purpose only: to die for them that would also be His Friend as was Abraham.

God loves us so much, that One of God's Best Friends died that we could be best friends of God too.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“God was Three Best Friends before the beginning of creation”? With whom? With himself?

God was Three Best Friends with himself before the beginning of creation.

Is that what we’re being asked here to believe?