The "Will" of God...vs...The "I am" of God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Much is lost and confused by the misunderstanding of the difference between the will of God and the I am of God. They are not really different...but are presented differently.

What is meant by "the will of God?"

The will of God is what is written, and why it is written. As one reads the written word of God the I am of God is presented "precept upon precept, Line upon line, line upon line, Here a little, there a little.Isaiah 28:10 --Because that is how we take things in, how we learn, and how we as children are not overwhelmed by the vastness of God, which is to say: how we are not destroyed before Him.

What is meant by "the I am of God."

I am indicates no progression, no time, no "Here a little, there a little.” In His word the term and idea begins to unfold in baby steps. We are His children after all. Thus, the idea of defining God and His nature begins, saying, He is, "the same yesterday, today, and forever." But those are worldly terms. Time is a worldly term...as is yesterday, today, and tomorrow. But the world and all such terms were created--created for that "Here a little, there a little” over time...in baby steps. But God is not created--He is the Creator, and in Him, with Him, there are no yesterdays, todays, or tomorrows--but forever. By definition that makes the best and most accurate term defining His true nature, simply, "I am." This is the timeless nature of God.

So what? Why should we care about the difference?

Because the world (and all its yesterdays, todays, and tomorrows) is passing away. We are too. And after this there is a fork in the road of God's timeless eternity. Thus, if we are going to be with Him--to be One with Him and with Jesus for all eternity, as was His prayer for us...then we would do well to learn of that difference before we arrive.

Or not. Certainly, some have made it very clear they want nothing to do with the difference--at least, not now, not yet, not until the future...and they plug their own ears and put it off. Some even make their own doctrine appealing to the here and now...and even preach it as if it were the gospel. It's not. Not because I say so--which I do, but because both are written--even in baby steps.

So, who takes this timeless Oneness to be their's?

Say, "I do (I am)!"

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and APAK