Time periods of Daniel and Revelation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why?

Stranger
Because you have joined together what Christ was careful not to join together, but kept separate until the times of the gentiles are fulfilled.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say Israel; the Jews are set aside. True, as Jesus said in Matthew 21:43.....the Kingdom is taken from them.....

Therefore it is the Church, the entity that bears the proper fruit, who holds the Kingdom now. For the present it is in our hearts.
There is no 'rapture to heaven' of the Church. And there is no cleansing and restoration of Jewish Israel. Only a remnant of them will survive their forthcoming Judgement. Romans 9:27
Israel is all the people who are the Overcomers for God, as we see in each of the 7 Churchs of Revelation. Every faithful Christian, Jew and from every race, nation and language, who will occupy all of the holy Land, during the time leading up to the glorious Return of Jesus. THEY -WE, will shout: Blessed is He who comes in the Name of God.

Just as Scripture says the Kingdom is taken from them, the same Scriptures say that it will return to Israel.

Thus, you must make 'Israel' no longer mean Israel. It must now mean the Church.

God never calls the Church Israel. And He never calls Israel the Church. You labor with a spiritualizing interpretation whereby you can make anything say anything.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because you have joined together what Christ was careful not to join together, but kept separate until the times of the gentiles are fulfilled.

What I have I joined together? I am the one that is saying the two bodies, Israel, and the Church, are distinct and different bodies of believers.

Stranger

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was on a brief hiatus. Good to talk to you.

You are correct to say it is inconsistent to apply the first 4 feasts to the Church and the last three to Israel. And I didn't do that. They do end however with Pentecost and the Church now being formed and Israel is set aside. The first 4 are to Israel. With Pentecost you see the nation Israel set aside but the remnant carries on in the Church. The remnant being the believing Jews only.

Once the Church is taken out, and that remnant goes with her because they are part of the Church, God once again picks up with Israel and accomplishes that which the last 3 feasts depict.

In other words all the feasts pertain to Israel.

Would it not be just as inconsistent to say the first 4 belong to Israel, and the last 3 belong to the Church?

Stranger

What I have I joined together? I am the one that is saying the two bodies, Israel, and the Church, are distinct and different bodies of believers.

Stranger
I see that you have laid it out mostly separate, but have mixed in the remnant after "It is finished." Which addresses the bloodline of Israel under both covenants...but the point that I am calling you on, is that they are under two different covenants which cannot be mixed.

In other words, the covenant with Israel given to Abraham was finished at the cross, and the new covenant began. The only mix that Christ gave was "this generation", meaning that during the transition between the two different covenants, some would be a part of one, and some would be a part of the other, until that generation died out. But it is wrong to call Israelis of future generation a remnant of what was "finished."

Which, brings us to the reality of just where we are on the timeline of events: If Christ was telling the truth about being "finished", then all that remains is "the times of the gentiles", God "pouring out His spirit upon all flesh"...and "the end." Which is completely different than most of Christendom believes, even though it means disregarding Jesus' final confirmation.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see that you have laid it out mostly separate, but have mixed in the remnant after "It is finished." Which addresses the bloodline of Israel under both covenants...but the point that I am calling you on, is that they are under two different covenants which cannot be mixed.

In other words, the covenant with Israel given to Abraham was finished at the cross, and the new covenant began. The only mix that Christ gave was "this generation", meaning that during the transition between the two different covenants, some would be a part of one, and some would be a part of the other, until that generation died out. But it is wrong to call Israelis of future generation a remnant of what was "finished."

Which, brings us to the reality of just where we are on the timeline of events: If Christ was telling the truth about being "finished", then all that remains is "the times of the gentiles", God "pouring out His spirit upon all flesh"...and "the end." Which is completely different than most of Christendom believes, even though it means disregarding Jesus' final confirmation.

I disagree. The New Covenant is part of the Abrahamic Covenant. Just like the Palestinian Covenant and the Davidic Covenant are all part of the Abrahamic Covenant.

All of the Covenants are given to Israel. When Scripture says 'this geneation' it doesn't mean any change of Covenants. Where do you get that?

I don't have any idea what you mean when you say, "it is wrong to call Israelis of future generation a remnant of what was finished". Explain.

Reality? Quite an assumption. What was finished? If all is finished, why arn't the times of the Gentiles finished? You say much but your explanations are empty and disconnecting.

Stranger

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree. The New Covenant is part of the Abrahamic Covenant. Just like the Palestinian Covenant and the Davidic Covenant are all part of the Abrahamic Covenant.

All of the Covenants are given to Israel. When Scripture says 'this geneation' it doesn't mean any change of Covenants. Where do you get that?

I don't have any idea what you mean when you say, "it is wrong to call Israelis of future generation a remnant of what was finished". Explain.

Reality? Quite an assumption. What was finished? If all is finished, why arn't the times of the Gentiles finished? You say much but your explanations are empty and disconnecting.

Stranger
One thing at a time then:
  1. The "Old" Covenant...and the "New" Covenant. Two covenants. "A new covenant I give to you." Empty, disconnecting explanations? Hardly.
  2. Matthew 24:34 "Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place." Empty, disconnecting explanations? Hardly.
  3. "It" is finished. If I have to explain what Jesus accomplished at the cross, there is definitely something "empty" and "disconnecting" going on here...but it aint me. He "finished" what He came to do.
  4. Same answer. But the times of the gentiles were not supposed to be finished. They were just supposed to be beginning.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  1. The "Old" Covenant...and the "New" Covenant. Two covenants. "A new covenant I give to you." Empty, disconnecting explanations? Hardly.
  2. Matthew 24:34 "Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place." Empty, disconnecting explanations? Hardly.
  3. "It" is finished. If I have to explain what Jesus accomplished at the cross, there is definitely something "empty" and "disconnecting" going on here...but it aint me. He "finished" what He came to do.
  4. Same answer. But the times of the gentiles were not supposed to be finished. They were just supposed to be beginning.
The new covenant will be to the house of Israel and the house of Judah. There's actually no mention of the covenant to the Church. There is promises, which is very different from a covenant.

Christ fulfilled the Mosaic covenant. The new covenant is different.

The big difference is Israel did not keep the old but will keep the ne
w.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The new covenant will be to the house of Israel and the house of Judah. There's actually no mention of the covenant to the Church. There is promises, which is very different from a covenant.

Christ fulfilled the Mosaic covenant. The new covenant is different.

The big difference is Israel did not keep the old but will keep the ne
w.
We're getting off track here...

The point of me bringing up the covenants, is that there are two, just as there are two folds brought by Jesus into the kingdom, which are two and separate, just as He said. The first fold Jesus took as the Last of the first Adam, and in the last fold He is the First of the Last Adam. The one pertaining to the flesh, and the other pertaining to the spirit: the dead and the living in Christ, separate and completely different.

The first covenant is symbolized by the body of Christ broken, His flesh, and those born of the flesh. The second covenant symbolized by His blood, is of the spirit, wherein there is eternal life. "What is born of the flesh is flesh, and what is born of the spirit is spirit." The first covenant was engraved on stones, the second on men's hearts. The same law and promise, but completely separate, and completely different.

There is but one generation of Israel who saw both covenants, wherein all the promises and the curses came to pass just when He said they would: "this generation."

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1.) The 'Old Covenant' also called the Mosaic Covenant, is also part of the Abrahamic Covenant. (Gal. 3:16-19) The New Covenant is new in relation to the Mosaic Covenant. It is not new in relation to the Abrahamic Covenant. (Jer. 31:31-32)

2.) (Matt. 24:34) speaks to the generation that shall see those things occur described during the Tribulation period. (24:21-31) So, yes, empty and disconnecting. I see no connection with whatever you are trying to use this verse to say.

3.) You are associating Christ's statement 'it is finished' with whatever it is you are trying to say. Which is still vague to me. Thus you need to explain what it is Christ finished, and how it pertains to what it is you are trying to say.

4.) The 'times of the Gentiles' runs from when Babylon and Nebuchadnezzar destroyed Jerusalem and took Judah into captivity, to when Christ returns to set up the millennial kingdom.

Stranger

B

brakelite

I was on a brief hiatus. Good to talk to you.

You are correct to say it is inconsistent to apply the first 4 feasts to the Church and the last three to Israel. And I didn't do that. They do end however with Pentecost and the Church now being formed and Israel is set aside. The first 4 are to Israel. With Pentecost you see the nation Israel set aside but the remnant carries on in the Church. The remnant being the believing Jews only.

Once the Church is taken out, and that remnant goes with her because they are part of the Church, God once again picks up with Israel and accomplishes that which the last 3 feasts depict.

In other words all the feasts pertain to Israel.

Would it not be just as inconsistent to say the first 4 belong to Israel, and the last 3 belong to the Church?

Stranger
1 Corinthians 5:7 ¶ Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
Who is Paul addressing here...Israel? Surely not.

I believe here also, to suggest this belongs to Israel is illogical...
Acts 2:1 ¶ And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Even here, who is in the boat with Jesus...Israel? Or the church?
23 ¶ And when he was entered into a ship, his disciples followed him.
24 And, behold, there arose a great tempest in the sea, insomuch that the ship was covered with the waves: but he was asleep.
25 And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying, Lord, save us: we perish.
26 And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 5:7 ¶ Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
Who is Paul addressing here...Israel? Surely not.

I believe here also, to suggest this belongs to Israel is illogical...
Acts 2:1 ¶ And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Even here, who is in the boat with Jesus...Israel? Or the church?
23 ¶ And when he was entered into a ship, his disciples followed him.
24 And, behold, there arose a great tempest in the sea, insomuch that the ship was covered with the waves: but he was asleep.
25 And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying, Lord, save us: we perish.
26 And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.

In (1 Cor. 5:7) Paul is addressing the Church at Corinth. (1 Cor. 1:2)

It does belong to Israel. (Acts 2:14) "Ye men of Judah"

(Acts 2:16-21) "But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel...

(Acts 2:22) "Ye men of Israel...."

(Acts 2:36) "Therefore let all the house of Israel know...."

Stranger

B

brakelite

In (1 Cor. 5:7) Paul is addressing the Church at Corinth. (1 Cor. 1:2)

It does belong to Israel. (Acts 2:14) "Ye men of Judah"

(Acts 2:16-21) "But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel...

(Acts 2:22) "Ye men of Israel...."

(Acts 2:36) "Therefore let all the house of Israel know...."

Stranger
Paul, throughout his letters is indeed addressing Israel...but my friend, not the nation...rather to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours: (1 Cor. 1:2)
The Israel of God...the children of the overcomer, are those in Christ who share in His victory.

The High Priest is no longer Levitical...He is no longer serving in an earthy temple...our High Priest is in heaven, ministering His own blood on behalf of mankind...Israel, as a nation, no longer has a part in this...except as individuals. There is no longer Jew nor Greek...ethnicity has no part to play in in serving God. His children are from every kingdom, nation and tongue. The feasts are no longer for Israel, for those who enjoy tabernacling with Him in the new world will be from all nations from all ages, of every color, culture, and language. The Lamb belongs to everyone.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1.) The 'Old Covenant' also called the Mosaic Covenant, is also part of the Abrahamic Covenant. (Gal. 3:16-19) The New Covenant is new in relation to the Mosaic Covenant. It is not new in relation to the Abrahamic Covenant. (Jer. 31:31-32)

2.) (Matt. 24:34) speaks to the generation that shall see those things occur described during the Tribulation period. (24:21-31) So, yes, empty and disconnecting. I see no connection with whatever you are trying to use this verse to say.

3.) You are associating Christ's statement 'it is finished' with whatever it is you are trying to say. Which is still vague to me. Thus you need to explain what it is Christ finished, and how it pertains to what it is you are trying to say.

4.) The 'times of the Gentiles' runs from when Babylon and Nebuchadnezzar destroyed Jerusalem and took Judah into captivity, to when Christ returns to set up the millennial kingdom.

Stranger
No, I think we can stop here.

I have noted the great changes that occurred at the cross regarding the things of Daniel and Revelation, as the greatest apex in world history, described by the scriptures and Christ Himself as old and new...and you are not getting it, acting like I have to prove it. I don't. It is, or should be, self-evident. If you have not received it from Him, you will not receive it from me.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're getting off track here...

The point of me bringing up the covenants, is that there are two, just as there are two folds brought by Jesus into the kingdom, which are two and separate, just as He said. The first fold Jesus took as the Last of the first Adam, and in the last fold He is the First of the Last Adam. The one pertaining to the flesh, and the other pertaining to the spirit: the dead and the living in Christ, separate and completely different.

The first covenant is symbolized by the body of Christ broken, His flesh, and those born of the flesh. The second covenant symbolized by His blood, is of the spirit, wherein there is eternal life. "What is born of the flesh is flesh, and what is born of the spirit is spirit." The first covenant was engraved on stones, the second on men's hearts. The same law and promise, but completely separate, and completely different.

There is but one generation of Israel who saw both covenants, wherein all the promises and the curses came to pass just when He said they would: "this generation."

The new covenant does not exist yet. It is still future.

The Church does not have a covenant, it has a promise.

This generation refers to the restoration of Israel's nation. It has been fulfilled.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul, throughout his letters is indeed addressing Israel...but my friend, not the nation...rather to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours: (1 Cor. 1:2)
The Israel of God...the children of the overcomer, are those in Christ who share in His victory.

The High Priest is no longer Levitical...He is no longer serving in an earthy temple...our High Priest is in heaven, ministering His own blood on behalf of mankind...Israel, as a nation, no longer has a part in this...except as individuals. There is no longer Jew nor Greek...ethnicity has no part to play in in serving God. His children are from every kingdom, nation and tongue. The feasts are no longer for Israel, for those who enjoy tabernacling with Him in the new world will be from all nations from all ages, of every color, culture, and language. The Lamb belongs to everyone.

No, Paul in his letters is addressing the Church. You can say he is addressing Israel only if you make Israel and the Church the same.

Stranger

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Just as Scripture says the Kingdom is taken from them, the same Scriptures say that it will return to Israel.

Thus, you must make 'Israel' no longer mean Israel. It must now mean the Church.

God never calls the Church Israel. And He never calls Israel the Church. You labor with a spiritualizing interpretation whereby you can make anything say anything.

Stranger
The true Christian Ekklesia is Israel.
Those believers who love the Lord and keep His commandments, that is: every faithful Christian person are designated by God to be Israelites. Galatians 6:14-16 The New Testament writings are clear: there is only one Israel, who are the only one Church, only one elect, be they Jew or Gentile by birth.

1/ Israel, the chosen people of God: Exodus 15:13, Deuteronomy 33:3, Ezra 3:11

Christians, chosen of God: Romans 9:25, Ephesians 5:1, Col. 3:12, 1 John 3:1, Rev. 7:9

2/ Israel, the children of God: Deut. 14:1, Isaiah 1:2-4, Isaiah 63:8, Hosea 11:1

Christians, the children of God: John 1:12, Romans 8:14-16, Galatians 4:5-7, 1 John 3:1

3/ Israel, the scattered sheep of God: Psalms 78:52, Isaiah 40:11, Jer. 23:1-4, Ezekiel 34:12

Christians, His sheep: among the nations: John 10:14-16, Hebrews 13:20, 1 Peter 2:25

4/ Israel, God’s household: Hebrews 3:5, 1 Chronicles 29:14-18

Christians are God’s household: Hebrews 3:6, Hebrews 10:20-21, I Timothy 3:15, 1 Cor.3:9

5/ Israel are the priests of God: Exodus 19:6, Deuteronomy 27:9

Christians are the priests of God: Isaiah 66:21, 1 Peter 2:5-9, Rev. 1:6, Revelation 5:10

6/ Israel is the bride of God: Isaiah 54:5-6, Jeremiah 2:2, Ezekiel 16:32, Hosea 1:2

Christians are the bride of Christ: Isaiah 62:4-5, 2 Corinthians 11:2, Ephesians 5:29-32

7/ Israel is the vine and the olive tree: Isaiah 5:7, Hosea 9:10, Hosea 14:6-7

Christians are the vine and the olive: Luke 20:16, Romans 11:24

8/ Israelites are the circumcised: Genesis 17:9-14, Judges 15:18

Christians are the ‘circumcised’: Romans 2:25-29, Philippians 3:3, Col. 2:11

9/ Israelites are the children of Abraham: 2 Chronicles 20:7, Psalms 105:5-6, Isaiah 41:8

Christians are the spiritual children of Abraham: Romans 4:13-18, Gal. 3:7& 29, John 4:23

10/ The Covenant is with Israel: Deut. 4:31, 2 Kings 17:34-36, Psalms 105:7-10

The New Covenant is with Christians: 1 Corinthians 11:25, Hebrews 8:6-10, Ezekiel 34:25

The above 10 proofs totally negate any argument that the Church and Israel are 2 separate entities. That premise is held and promoted by the pre-trib rapture exponents, who must have 2 groups; one removed to heaven, [themselves] and the Jews, [Israel] who remain on earth to face the Great Tribulation.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those believers who love the Lord and keep His commandments, that is: every faithful Christian person are designated by God to be Israelites. Galatians 6:14-16 The New Testament writings are clear: there is only one Israel, who are the only one Church, only one elect, be they Jew or Gentile by birth.

Christians, chosen of God: Romans 9:25, Ephesians 5:1, Col. 3:12, 1 John 3:1, Rev. 7:9

2/ Israel, the children of God: Deut. 14:1, Isaiah 1:2-4, Isaiah 63:8, Hosea 11:1

Christians, the children of God: John 1:12, Romans 8:14-16, Galatians 4:5-7, 1 John 3:1

3/ Israel, the scattered sheep of God: Psalms 78:52, Isaiah 40:11, Jer. 23:1-4, Ezekiel 34:12

Christians, His sheep: among the nations: John 10:14-16, Hebrews 13:20, 1 Peter 2:25

Christians are God’s household: Hebrews 3:6, Hebrews 10:20-21, I Timothy 3:15, 1 Cor.3:9

Christians are the priests of God: Isaiah 66:21, 1 Peter 2:5-9, Rev. 1:6, Revelation 5:10

6/ Israel is the bride of God: Isaiah 54:5-6, Jeremiah 2:2, Ezekiel 16:32, Hosea 1:2

Christians are the bride of Christ: Isaiah 62:4-5, 2 Corinthians 11:2, Ephesians 5:29-32

9/ Israelites are the children of Abraham: 2 Chronicles 20:7, Psalms 105:5-6, Isaiah 41:8

Christians are the spiritual children of Abraham: Romans 4:13-18, Gal. 3:7& 29, John 4:23

The New Covenant is with Christians: 1 Corinthians 11:25, Hebrews 8:6-10, Ezekiel 34:25

The above 10 proofs totally negate any argument that the Church and Israel are 2 separate entities. That premise is held and promoted by the pre-trib rapture exponents, who must have 2 groups; one removed to heaven, [themselves] and the Jews, [Israel] who remain on earth to face the Great Tribulation.

They prove nothing. I didn't say that the Church are not the people of God. I said they are not Israel. Just because Israel is the people of God, and the Church is the people of God, doesn't make the Church and Israel the same group of believers.

Concerning your point #(6): Israel is not the bride of Jehovah, though she was at one time. She is now a divorced wife of the Father. Just as the Scriptures you gave point out. This is far different then the Church, the chaste bride to be for the Son, Jesus Christ. (2 Cor. 11:2)

Concerning your point #(7): " Christians can be very much within the vineyard, but they are not the olive tree. Just because they are in the vineyard, doesn't make Israel and the Church the same. And in (Rom. 11:24) the branches are not the tree. Both Israel and the Gentiles are spoken of as branches.

Concerning your point #(8): The Israelite is circumcised in both the physical and spiritual. The church is not. She is circumcised in only the spiritual. The church is not spiritual Israel. She is the Church.

Concerning your point #(9): Just because both the children of Israel and the Church are children of Abraham, doesn't make them the same body of believers. Both are children of Abraham. So?

Concerning your point #(10): All covenants are made with Israel. The Church comes into the New Covenant. But the New Covenant is made with Israel though she has yet to come into it. But, she will.

Stranger

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States