Upon Death

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can not find were I seen this ? But some of the words are in my brain ?

That when we die our soul goes to sleep in the LORD......

I do not know if I seen it in the old T. or the New T.

and how it was mentioned...... but that we are asleep in the LORD .

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

you might be thinking of when the Lord Jesus was speaking of Lazarus:

Joh_11:11 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.

there many be more the Lord said on the subject can't think of it now.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

1 Thessalonians 5:10?
who died for us, so that whether we are awake or asleep, we will live together with Him.

Soul sleep is not taught in the New Testament.
Even the pharisees believed in life after death.
I'm not sure, but I believe the SDA believe in soul sleep.

Reactions: Helen

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank YOU....... this is the one..........

1Thes. 4:
For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is an interesting subject.
I don't believe that we are unconscious until the Last Trump.
I believe in a Paradise...a Beautiful Holding Place...between the two places.
Mainly because of all the NDE where so many have gone to a beautiful place when in a coma or just dead a few moments in hosp.

I cannot see " nothingness" being what happens...because it is only the body that is dead...spirit is always spirit...

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is an interesting subject.
I don't believe that we are unconscious until the Last Trump.
I believe in a Paradise...a Beautiful Holding Place...between the two places.
Mainly because of all the NDE where so many have gone to a beautiful place when in a coma or just dead a few moments in hosp.

I cannot see " nothingness" being what happens...because it is only the body that is dead...spirit is always spirit...

Which Trump? The Pres, or one of his sons....just kidding ...just have few brownies and now ice cream...too much sugar..

Paradise...temporary holding place...I can buy into that...

Now of course when we go into another dimension like the fourth....our sense of time and space becomes very different indeed...

If you assume you are in a 4th dimensional continuum, your awareness or consciousness moved at a constant c or speed of light. At ‘this time’ the speed of time is the same as the speed of light because time has merged into the 3-D space, and time = 0. You now occupy no measured space as we know it today. You now occupy infinite, endless lit space. It is always lit with unimaginable light.

You can poorly approximate/imitate this movement of consciousness when you think of a place at another geographic location, say at least 1000 miles/km away, and you make your mind move to that location, nearly instantly. You place yourself and mind into it. It takes less than a second and you still occupy the same space and local time in the body. You speed of thought/awareness is like the speed of time in the 4th dimension.

We have a physical body today because we move through time as a sequence as snapshots by our consciousness in our 3-D time continuum. Once in at least the 4th dimension we cannot be physical anymore and time is zero or meaningless. Our ‘body’ becomes a light or energy body supplied from the source, God Almighty though Jesus Christ, our direct link and local source.

I tend to believe the spirit of God originates beyond our 3-dimension/ time continuum. It/he moves through time and distance, backwards and forwards, without moving his/its location and local time, because he/it is everywhere or accessible everywhere. He/It is always the same. It is pure energy that engulfs all our 3-D T universe all at the same ‘time.’ God knows all,’ all the time’ in our world.

Yep, I had lots of sucrose......a sugar rush...indeed

Bless you,

APAK

Reactions: pia and Helen

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I keep seeing on my computer that the rapture is going to be here in a few day's.

its either the 16 or 18.......... I think it says 4-16-18

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks @APAK

Now that is a post I will HAVE TO read again for sure... :)
I haven't digested it yet.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I keep seeing on my computer that the rapture is going to be here in a few day's.

its either the 16 or 18.......... I think it says 4-16-18

Don't get too excited....I strongly do not believe in a rapture as taught ...
But you are free to sit and wait for it...but don't get too disappointed...

Reactions: pia and aspen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't get too excited....I strongly do not believe in a rapture as taught ...
But you are free to sit and wait for it...but don't get too disappointed...

Open fields are great places to wait for it.......after you give away all your possession.

Just ask the Millerites

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The words death and sleep are synonymous.

When a child of God dies his body goes to the ground the same as an unsaved person however upon death, the soul of the unsaved is put in a place of silence until resurrected for judgment on the last day.

In contrast, upon death, the soul of a believer goes to be with the Lord (2Corintians 5:8). What a beautiful assurance of salvation for a believer!

To God Be The Glory

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I keep seeing on my computer that the rapture is going to be here in a few day's
While it is good to always be ready, we have to remember that Jesus is quoted as saying that no man will know the hour or the day.....He did however say to look up, for our redemption draws near, when certain signs were coming to pass, and surely quite a few of those have by now....One thing is for sure....it is closer now than it was then :D

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Could someone show me where the word ‘rapture’ appears in the scriptures

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Thessalonians 5:10?
who died for us, so that whether we are awake or asleep, we will live together with Him.

Soul sleep is not taught in the New Testament.
Even the pharisees believed in life after death.
I'm not sure, but I believe the SDA believe in soul sleep.
Ellen G White Seventh Day Adventist, And Charles Taze Russel's Jehovah's Witnesses both teach "Soul Sleep" which is a denial of "Hell" upon the unsaved wicked at death.

100% False Teachings, As There Is A Literal Hell, And The Soul Lives And Is Conscious After Death.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could someone show me where the word ‘rapture’ appears in the scriptures

The word "rapture" is a theological word and therefore is not written in Scripture.

The word rapture means "caught up" and can be found in 1 Thess 4:13-17.

Verse 17 -Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up (rapture) together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air; and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

To God Be The Glory

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something I've always been interested in. APAK's mention of the 4th dimension made me think of it.

In Scripture, there are 3 different places in the Universe where the human beings that are saved will spend their resurrected life. There is the Earth, the Heavenly City New Jerusalem in the starry Heavens, and Far above All Heavens where Christ now sits at the right hand of God.. Each of the 3 are expressed in scripture as the dimensions of movement each has. Depth must be the 4th Dimension in God's abode, or God, Himself.

The Nation Israel will occupy the earth (the Land). They will have access to only the earth
Genesis 13:17 - Earth - 2 Dimensions
"Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee."

The Acts church, both Jews and Gentiles, plus all those great Israelites of the past, including the 12 apostles, Abraham, and Moses, will occupy the New Jerusalem. They will have access to the starry Heavens and the Earth, in their spiritual bodies. This group makes up the Bride. The NJ is said to come out of Heaven and dockon the New Earth. Of course, all the Heavens will be New also. The occupants well be resurrected at the rapture.
Revelation 21:16 - New Jerusalem - Heavenly City - 3 Dimensions
"And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal."

The Gentile church of today, found ONLY in Paul's 7 post-Acts epistles, will occupy heaven, itself, where Christ now sits at the right hand of God. We will have access to the entire universe. Since we will be part of Christ's actual body, where He is the Head, we, it seems, with Christ, make up the Bridegroom. I believe we will be pure spirit. We will be resurrected at the "Appearing". Everything I've said here, about the Hope of Heaven, itself, and the Appearing, is easily found in multiple verses, especially in Eph, Phil, Col, and 2Tim. Nothing there is hid under a bushel.
Ephesians 3:18 - Far Above All Heavens - 4 Dimensions
"May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;"

Last edited: