WHAT Is the Trinity?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Be careful @101G for does not the scripture say that "every man is a liar". Indeed all of us have lied, and anyone who is now wrong in any of his pronouncements of the things of God is presently a liar. Are you now always correct?

I don't like name calling by anyone, to anyone...be it "fool" or "Liar"...or whatever.

Reactions: pia

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok people let's get serious, I'm not attacking anyone, ok, I'm just after your doctrine. now I zero in on the PERSON, not the Nature of God but the Persons, ok.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it's not I that speak, if you find anything wrong in the scriptures, or what I say about the scriptures please point it out
Who am I to point out anyone else's errors? I can only do it when God shows me. I will only know He is showing if I am always listening and understanding. A lot of people do speak mixed messages. I hope that you never do that.

I issued only a warning, not a condemnation.

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't like name calling by anyone, to anyone...be it "fool" or "Liar"...or whatever.
I hear you sister. Sometimes I am led to do things that I don't want to do. Hopefully when I am it will always be God leading me. For when it is not, I need to be corrected.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who am I to point out anyone else's errors? I can only do it when God shows me. I will only know He is showing if I am always listening and understanding. A lot of people do speak mixed messages. I hope that you never do that.

I issued only a warning, not a condemnation.
understand I take nothing as an offense from anyone, no one can hurt me. as I know no one is intentionally trying to hurt anyone else. I don't take thing personally. so no problems here.

Now as for mix messages nope you want hear that from me.

third, I know some people are very sensitive, and If i said anything to offend anyone, please charge it to my head and not my heart. but i must not comprise the word of God for anyone friendship.

Peace in Christ Jesus.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok people let's get serious, I'm not attacking anyone, ok, I'm just after your doctrine. now I zero in on the PERSON, not the Nature of God but the Persons, ok.
What if we cannot find a mutually agreeable answer here on this thread? Consider that mostly I would be on your side here, but if God shows us a different way, then that is the Way we have to go, right?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No! That is, I do not embrace any of the trinity descriptions I have read here. Why would you ask such a question on a tread entitled" "What is the trinity"?
the title of any topic don't mean people stay on it. I was just curious. but since I'm asking what are your beliefs on the Godhead.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
understand I take nothing as an offense from anyone, no one can hurt me. as I know no one is intentionally trying to hurt anyone else. I don't take thing personally. so no problems here.

Now as for mix messages nope you want hear that from me.

third, I know some people are very sensitive, and If i said anything to offend anyone, please charge it to my head and not my heart. but i must not comprise the word of God for anyone friendship.

Peace in Christ Jesus.
It is usually not so easy to offend me, but sometimes when people attack my beliefs without reasonable reasons, my flesh rises up. I am asking God to help me overcome that. I am not saying that you have done that.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
true, we're all are imperfect, but that's not what I asked. are you saying the she' the only one with great wisdom. I hope not, God give Wisdom to all of us who ask, meaning in Faith.

be blessed.
check the first two words I wrote, that was the answer to your question

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the title of any topic don't mean people stay on it. I was just curious. but since I'm asking what are your beliefs on the Godhead.
Changing as needed, I hope... I started as trinitarian [Catholic] and went on to Oneness, Jesus Only. From there I stopped following so carefully what my pastors or other ministers said. I am now none of those. I am reading here on this thread what people are writing including yourself. For years, since leaving Oneness, Jesus Only in 1987, a clear cut answer has not come that everyone could understand if I were to try to explain it. For the moment I leave it there. God knows.

Reactions: tabletalk

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
true, we're all are imperfect, ... (smile). to be human is to ERROR. Thanks

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Changing as needed, I hope... I started as trinitarian [Catholic] and went on to Oneness, Jesus Only. From there I stopped following so carefully what my pastors or other ministers said. I am now none of those. I am reading here on this thread what people are writing including yourself. For years, since leaving Oneness, Jesus Only in 1987, a clear cut answer has not come that everyone could understand if I were to try to explain it. For the moment I leave it there. God knows.
I know what you mean. I was the same way Trinity first, but I examine all the other out there including oneness, and they all had hole in them also. but the Lord Jesus gave me a Damascus road wake up call also. he did me what he did Saul/Paul. it was the best thing that ever happen to me. I surrender unto him and I asked him to teach me the truth, and he did.

Reactions: amadeus

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GROSS ERROR, you said, "What I also have been saying is that immortality in the Bible only pertains to those who were already mortal, to those with a body". my answer to that did the lord jesus have a body before he came to earth in one. NO. he is eternal/Immortal before he took on flesh and he's eternal/immortal after he rose with a body. so that want fly either. now that 3 lies.
Good day.

Well, before the Son had not taken on a body, then He was eternal, not immortal. Scripture is clear, you must first be mortal before you are immortal. Even your own definitions proved that.

Stranger

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the response. answer yes, no, yes
lol, "Satan can be God" "God can be a good Satan". this is the first time hearing this, this way. bu a warning, Isaiah 5:20 "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!".

To be clear, I'm not agreeing with those statements I posted. I attempted to summarize your posts.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, before the Son had not taken on a body, then He was eternal, not immortal. Scripture is clear, you must first be mortal before you are immortal. Even your own definitions proved that.
stranger that you, eternal, means immortal. you said, "before the Son had not taken on a body, then He was eternal". do you know what that means, lasting or existing forever; without end or beginning. look you don't stop being eternal if you're eternal. understand stranger, the Lord Jesus TOOK on FLESH, as the Diversity of HIMSELF, that's IMMORTAL that is GLORIFIED in the Spirit which is ETERNAL. that's where you error at. the LORD and the Lord only in flesh. he's the SAME PERSON. only the LORD/Jesus in the OT did not have a body then.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You described me as bullying someone. Was that considered name calling by you?

:D Did I ? I don't remember...maybe you were nagging at someone that I felt was looking weaker or something.
Somewhere I remember Jesus warning about calling someone a fool...but I have noticed that a few on here do call other people liars.
Just because we each see the scriptures in maybe a different light...doesn't make them liars...especially as it is a name that Jesus attributed to Satan.
It makes me shudder.
It seems such a 'strong' word to be calling another Christian.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
maybe I can help you out, listen are angels IMMORTALS? yes ok where are their bodies?. are not angels spirits, listen, Luke 24:39 "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have". and angels are spirits, scriptures, Hebrews 1:7 "And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire". the Lord Jesus made that distinction.