WHAT Is the Trinity?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
stranger that you, eternal, means immortal. you said, "before the Son had not taken on a body, then He was eternal". do you know what that means, lasting or existing forever; without end or beginning. look you don't stop being eternal if you're eternal. understand stranger, the Lord Jesus TOOK on FLESH, as the Diversity of HIMSELF, that's IMMORTAL that is GLORIFIED in the Spirit which is ETERNAL. that's where you error at. the LORD and the Lord only in flesh. he's the SAME PERSON. only the LORD/Jesus in the OT did not have a body then.

Before God the Son took on a body, He was eternal. No beginning and no end. He was not immortal. When He took on a body, He now experienced mortality. And thus when resurrected, He experienced immortality. Just like we do. But God the Father isn't immortal. He is eternal. As is the Holy Spirit.

Which simply means your argument, about Jesus only being immortal, thus supposedly disproving the Trinity, is wrong. You will have to disprove the Trinity elsewhere. Not here. And, good luck with that.

Stranger

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
101, this question is for you, if you will answer.

Some else posted this morning: Genesis 2:18-20

● Gen 2:18 .God said: It's not good for Adam to be solitary; I
will make a fitting helper for him.

"a fitting helper" is from two Hebrew words. "Fitting" is from neged (neh'
ghed) which means: a front, i.e. part opposite; specifically a counterpart, or
mate. The word for "helper" is from 'ezer (ay'-zer) which means: aid.

I ask you: Who is eleazar?
DO we at least agree there is One GOD.

Who is the Bride of Christ? IS the title as the "Bride" of Christ implying "female" gender...or does "bride" simply mean...We will be, as Eve was to Adam, to Christ: the aid/help.

Do we inhabit that Holy spiritual city, or are we that city? It is all about a marriage. About a brotherhood. About love. Servitude. Relationship.

Matthew 6:10 KJV
[10] Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

how is it in heaven?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
================================
@101G You didn't answer my post number #294
I know this thread has moved very quickly...and before we know it we are three pages behind!
Just wondering...

If you click next to the word "said" next to ByGrace it should take you back to the post. Thanks

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi guys..ref this post...I remember hearing a person sharing on Exodus 3 where God speaks to Moses out of the bush. "Back then" I checked it all out and found it was correct. ( have not re-check)
But he used these verses...and it shows a difference between Lord , LORD, God, Jehovah etc etc...I forget if it was 5 or 7 times in these scriptures talking to Moses, where God calls Himself by His different names , showing the part of His character that He wish to express. ( In the word there are more names than 7 ..we know that.
Again...I'm just butting into someone else's conversation :D

5 "And He said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is Holy ground.
6 Moreover He said, I Am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God. And the Lord said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people.." etc etc

My old dad used to write in his bible the actual name being used each time the bible said- God, Lord, LORD or etc etc.. So that it was "correct" when he read it. :)

ELOHIM and in Genesis 1:1 it refers to the godhead for ELHOIM is plural and says “In the beginning God [ELOHIM] created the heavens and the earth.”

YHWH- I AM
This as we know is the 'new' name being revealed to Moses..

ADONAI – The Lord is Master
The Hebrew name ADONAI in English means Lord or Master.

JEHOVAH JIREH is speaking about salvation in Genesis 22, God provided a ram to be sacrificed after the Angel of the Lord stopped the knife in Abraham’s hand

EL SHADDIA – The Almighty God
“those who dwell in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty [EL SHADDIA]” (Psalm 91:1).

JEHOVAH SHALOM – The Lord is Peace
“Gideon built an altar there to the Lord and called it, The Lord Is Peace [JEHOVAH SHALOM]." Jug 6:24

JEHOVAH ROHI – The Lord is my Shepherd
"The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want..."etc Ps 23

I wish I still had my dads old bible...it gives a deeper meaning when reading the scriptures.
Great post once again. Bless you ! Does it not also mention The 7 spirits of God, in Revelation?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
101, this question is for you, if you will answer.

Some else posted this morning: Genesis 2:18-20

● Gen 2:18 .God said: It's not good for Adam to be solitary; I
will make a fitting helper for him.

"a fitting helper" is from two Hebrew words. "Fitting" is from neged (neh'
ghed) which means: a front, i.e. part opposite; specifically a counterpart, or
mate. The word for "helper" is from 'ezer (ay'-zer) which means: aid.

I ask you: Who is eleazar?
DO we at least agree there is One GOD.
First,please get a KJV.. (smile). Genesis 2:18 "And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him".
Meet: H5828 עֵזֶר `ezer (ay'-zer) n-m.
aid.
[from H5826]
Ok, VJ, what is an AID, NOTICE it's a NOUN. if one look it up aid, as a NOUN, it means help, typically of a practical nature. What is another word for aid? assistance. knowing this we have a someone who is ANOTHER of the same, here in Genesis 2:18, meaning ANOTHER MAN, or an ADAM. let's see what Adam means,
ADAM H120 אָדָם 'adam (aw-dawm') n-m.
ruddy i.e. a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.).
[from H119]
KJV: X another, + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low
see how Adam or man can be translated as? yes, "ANOTHER" this is what an ezer is.
What is another word for aid?

and this ezer is the the IMAGE of God, "ANOTHER".

HOPE THIS HELP

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@101G It seems to me through a couple of different descriptions in The Bible, that there are Messengers of and from God, and Messengers in human form.
One may not be able to handle an Angel as one can with flesh and bone, as our Resurrected Lord, but I do recall Paul ( I think it was ) writing to believers/saints that they could entertain angels unawares....So they would be human like, surely?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My only question now is..as we agree on all that...what was it in my post #233 that made you feel I would disagree with your understanding?
I'm not sure what you're talking about?. please point it out

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm not sure what you're talking about?. please point it out
Never mind.
You had asked me to read what you posted #233.. twice .
I did so. I posted saying so. And commented.
But that was back on page 15...time has moved on, and so has the thread.
No worries...it is too confusing now...
Bless you...H

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@101G It seems to me through a couple of different descriptions in The Bible, that there are Messengers of and from God, and Messengers in human form.
One may not be able to handle an Angel as one can with flesh and bone, as our Resurrected Lord, but I do recall Paul ( I think it was ) writing to believers/saints that they could entertain angels unawares....So they would be human like, surely?
pia, you been redeemed... just me having a little fun, ok. but you're right. messenger can be human and angelic. maybe not in HUMAN form , but in "APPEARANCE" in human form. because Gabriel was called a man, scripture, Daniel 9:21 "Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation". as we know from the Lord, spirit have not flesh and bone. but in "APPEARANCE". I have learned over the years the difference between an "Appearance" and a "Manifestation". but now notice this, you said "OF" God and FROM GOD. this is a good spot. for it gave me the clue as to John the baptist being the other witness of the two witness. scripture, John 1:6 "There was a man sent from God, whose name was John". see, this is why I love the KJV, it make one seek the word IN the Lord.

believe it or NOT, that little two letter word "OF" that little prepositions by the Lord Jesus gave me the understanding of "diversified oneness". yes that little two letter word. is what you have been seen in my knowledge of this doctrine "DIVERSITY".

again a good spot, be blessed.

Reactions: Helen

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never mind.
You had asked me to read what you posted #233.. twice .
I did so. I posted saying so. And commented.
But that was back on page 15...time has moved on, and so has the thread.
No worries...it is too confusing now...
Bless you...H
please forgive me, so many pages fly by so fast. but i will revisited the Page and copy it down and see if i can respond. again thanks.

Reactions: pia

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BG I see nothing you posted in 232 that i didn't agree with. you gave your thought which was good ones. but as to answering you on something?... as you said, don't worry about it. but next time in the heat of the moment, pull my shirt tail and point it out to me. leave no stone un-turned, especially the true stone.. (smile). be blessed.

Reactions: pia and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@101G It was #232 that I wrote in answer to GodsGrace...and you followed with #233 to me.

I just wondered, as you asked me to read your post twice, that there was something in my original post #232 that you didn't agree with...no worries..I just wondered what it was. Curious. Thats all.

I agreed with all you wrote about the Arm of the Lord in your post #233
But, by the time I got on here today..all that is pages and pages back!! :D

=

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@101G Okay..agree...thanks ....some days the site is slow, but sometimes the posts whizz by so fast. This was one of those days.

:) God is good.....all the time. ✟

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, we all need to slow down. but I'm going to take me a break and see you all tommorrow. stay in the Lord/LORD;)

be blessed.

Reactions: pia and Helen

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
pia, you been redeemed... just me having a little fun, ok. but you're right. messenger can be human and angelic. maybe not in HUMAN form , but in "APPEARANCE" in human form. because Gabriel was called a man, scripture, Daniel 9:21 "Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation". as we know from the Lord, spirit have not flesh and bone. but in "APPEARANCE". I have learned over the years the difference between an "Appearance" and a "Manifestation". but now notice this, you said "OF" God and FROM GOD. this is a good spot. for it gave me the clue as to John the baptist being the other witness of the two witness. scripture, John 1:6 "There was a man sent from God, whose name was John". see, this is why I love the KJV, it make one seek the word IN the Lord.

believe it or NOT, that little two letter word "OF" that little prepositions by the Lord Jesus gave me the understanding of "diversified oneness". yes that little two letter word. is what you have been seen in my knowledge of this doctrine "DIVERSITY".

again a good spot, be blessed.
Wonderful and thank you re: the two definitions you wrote of Apperance and Manifestation...I also love that you pointed out seeking the In Him......there is a LOT in that.......:)
Blessings

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@101G Okay..agree...thanks ....some days the site is slow, but sometimes the posts whizz by so fast. This was one of those days.

:) God is good.....all the time. ✟
I too have had difficulties over posts seemingly disappearing, as I have looked for peoples posts and other peoples answers to those posts. A few people here I can't get enough of reading, so it can 'annoy' me a little when I then haven't been able to find them. had no idea so many pages could go by in a day lol...
Oh yeah God is good, 100% of the time....No cross-breed of good and evil there :)
Bless you !

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
THE NICENE CREED
First Council of Nicea 325 AD

About this time there existed in the Church, the first and Catholic Church, meaning universal, although by now Constantine had declared Christianity the religion of the Roman Empire, a heresy called Arianism. It was espoused by Arius. He believed that Jesus was not God but a man and was convincing many of this heresy.

So the Church called a council to make a declaration regarding the divinity of Jesus.
Athanasius and Constantine were both active in this council.

There was another council in 381, The Council of Constantinople
and another one in 431 The Council of Ephesus, at which time it was declared that the NICENE CREED was the one to be accepted by Christianity.

Here it is:

Nicene Creed

I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all worlds; God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God; begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father, by whom all things were made.

Who, for us men for our salvation, came down from heaven, and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit of the virgin Mary, and was made man; and was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate; He suffered and was buried; and the third day He rose again, according to the Scriptures; and ascended into heaven, and sits on the right hand of the Father; and He shall come again, with glory, to judge the quick and the dead; whose kingdom shall have no end.

And I believe in the Holy Ghost, the Lord and Giver of Life; who proceeds from the Father [and the Son]; who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified; who spoke by the prophets.

And I believe one holy catholic and apostolic Church. I acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins; and I look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

We are told that we're to believe in the Nicene Creed as Christians, but many today no longer believe what it states.

I just wonder why not...

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all. I believe that there is one GOD, and I believe we all agree on this. but the sticking point in our beliefs is the Number of "person", or "Persons" in the Godhead. and as Christians we must not be divided. our brother Amos said, "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?" (Amos 3:3). the apostle, to the gentiles, our brother Paul said this, 1 Corinthians 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment". this is my Goal. I have enjoyed the discussion thus for. but like our apostle said, we have been on milk now it's time for meat, strong meat, so that we may grown in the Lord, Amen.

all of you have been beautifully great, asking the right question, examining unknown question, and seeking truth, this is great, because it all have been done in the Spirit of the Lord, and I thank you for that. now it's time to get down to business.

Let's put this immortality and Eternal question to rest, once and for all. to do this we must use scripture. I propose this, since some think that you have to have a body to be immortal, and I guess eternal is to be without one, lets see if this is true. the premise is that the Lord Jesus being a separate PERSON is the ONLY ONE with IMMORTALITY. well if I say that the one whom most calls the Father and the Holy Spirit have the same Body then they also must be IMMORTAL as well right. and if I can prove that the PERSON(S) in the trinity is only one, then it fails, because the Lord Jesus as the scriptures states that he is a single person, the only one who have immortality. and if single, the other two father and holy spirit must have bodies also. to easily answer this question, Colossians 2:9 "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily". but remember our Lord JESUS is a separate person according to the trinity. so, should this apply to the Father, and the Holy Ghost? as also separate person?. let's see. if I can prove that the Lord Jesus is the Father in flesh then the one whom you calls Father must be IMMORTAL also, because Jesus is the ONLY ONE who have IMMORTALITY right.

Evidence #1. the Lord Jesus is the Father. there is ONLY ONE saviour right. Isaiah 43:11 "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour". here the LORD all caps say that he is the saviour. but I thought the Lord, all lower case except for the "L" is the saviour. remember this, Luke 2:11 "For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord". here, saviour is G4990 σωτήρ soter (sō-teer') n. it means,
1. a savior (i.e. a rescuer).
2. (of a journey) a protector and defender (i.e. one who keeps another safe).
3. (generally) God as Savior and Protector/Defender.
4. (specifically) Jesus (Yeshua), the Anointed-One, Christ, Messiah.
[from G4982]
KJV: saviour

in Isaiah 43:11 saviour is H3467 יָשַׁע yasha` (yaw-shah') v. it means,
1. (properly) to be open, wide or free from captivity.
2. (by implication) to be safe.
3. (causatively) to rescue or succor.
[a primitive root]
KJV: X at all, avenging, defend, deliver(-er), help, preserve, rescue, be safe, bring (having) salvation, save(-iour), get victory.

Look at all the blue that match up. so we clearly see that the LORD (whom many calls father) is the son, Lord in flesh. and with that, the LORD whom you calls Father is the Lord whom you calls son is the SAME ONE PERSON. and knowing that then the Father have the same body and is IMMORTAL. well now you have a problem with the trinity doctrine, because your doctrine say the Father is not the Son and vice versa. but the BIBLE say different. let's discuss this for today. I have many more scripture to get to on this premise. but in the meantime examine these scriptures.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are told that we're to believe in the Nicene Creed as Christians, but many today no longer believe what it states.
not being offenses, who told you to believe the creed, God or man?

and yes, we all are Catholic, just not Roman.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.

One God. Every religion believes there is only one God.
Even the Christian religion.
"Hear, O Israel! The LORD is God, the LORD is one!"
Deuteronomy 6

If you ask anyone who God is, they'll think of God Father, God Almighty.
We cannot really say that God is a person. God is spirit. He is omnipresent.
A person cannot be omnipresent.

God Always existed. He Always was and He Always will be.
He had no beginning and will have no end. He is eternal, a difficult concept to grasp with our human mind.

Because of His desire all was created. All things seen and unseen. Unseen could refer to angelic beings, it could refer to what is not visible to the eye - which science has only recently discovered.

Create means to make from nothing. Only God can create. We use this term incorrectly when we say that man "created" something. Man cannot create.

Each person of the Holy Trinity has attributes. Each one has particular attributes for that person only.

God Father is:

Omnipotent:
God Father is all-powerful.
He is the Master of the universe.
He created the order by which everthing exists.
He is the master of History and nothing happens that He does not will.

Omniscient:
God knows everything.
His knowledge is perfect.
He knows the past, the present and the future.
He is outside of time.
He is conscious of all our actions.

Omnipresent:
God Father is present in every part of the universe.
In every corner of our earth.
He is present everywhere and in every moment.

God is our Father:
God created every human in His image.
He is our Father and fellow Christians are our brothers.
God desires all to be a part of His family.
In His image means that we are a little bit like God.
He gave us a spirit to be able to know Him.
He is love and He gave us love.
He is social and we are social.
He is reason and He gave us reason.
He is a creator and He gave us ability to construct.
He is Wisdom and He gave us wisdom.

God is Faithful:
God is faithful to His word. What He speaks, comes to pass.
He is faithful to His promises.
What are His promises?
° He promises us liberty and freedom if we follow Him
° He promises to listen to our prayers
° He promises eternal life to those who follow Him
° He promises to Always be waiting to welcome us into His Kingdom

and much more...

The Works of God Father:
° God is the Creator
° God inspires us
° God allows all to happn
° God sent Jesus, His begotten Son, to help us and to be our savior.
° God created all Laws, the natual law, the commandments
° God willed to reveal Himself to man