what vegan food do you eat=?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharlesH95

Jan 25, 2022
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On a vegan diet, you can eat foods made from plants, including:

Fruits and vegetables
Legumes such as peas, beans, and lentils
Nuts and seeds
Breads, rice, and pasta
Dairy alternatives such as soymilk, coconut milk, and almond milk
Vegetable oils

McFearless

Nov 16, 2021
Denmark(Copenhagen)
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
Holy999,

Since Jesus, as Yahweh God incarnate in the Old Testament created us, HE DID NOT DO SO FOR US TO EAT MEAT AND DAIRY PRODUCTS!

As just one example of many we are plant and fruit eaters, we have "flat teeth" to eat plant life, and not "sharp pointed teeth" to eat meat like carnivores, like wolves, lions, and such. Jesus designed us with long intestines, up to 16-20 feet long, which lets the nutrients of plants, vegetables and fruit to get into our system for our healthy existence. On the flip side, carnivores have short intestines of only about 3 feet long to get rid of the rotting and putred meat that they have eaten in a quicker manner!

Subjectively, any Christian that is not on a Vegan diet is not truly a Christian because they are slapping Jesus in the face when they ungodly eat meat and dairy products that goes directly against the way He designed us in the first place! BLASPHEME!

@BrotherDThomas,
What Bible are you reading?
Jesus ate and served fish to the crowds, he also assisted the decibels in fishing, although the amount of fish almost sunk the boat. Why would God require blood sacrifice if killing a sheep is wrong?

Genesis 9: 2-4

2 The fear and dread of you will fall on all the beasts of the earth, and on all the birds in the sky, on every creature that moves along the ground, and on all the fish in the sea; they are given into your hands. 3 Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you.Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

Marc 7:19

I could go on!

It is a false teaching to tell people it’s blasphemy to eat meat.

Reactions: Rita
Feb 1, 2022
Western USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BrotherDThomas,
What Bible are you reading?
Jesus ate and served fish to the crowds, he also assisted the decibels in fishing, although the amount of fish almost sunk the boat. Why would God require blood sacrifice if killing a sheep is wrong?

McFearless,

First off, I read from the King James Bible. Secondly, Jesus spoke of a Vegan diet many times in the following passages where there are many more referring to vegetables, fruit and plant foods ONLY:

“Speak to the people of Israel, saying, You shall eat no fat, of ox or sheep or goat. The fat of an animal that dies of itself and the fat of one that is torn by beasts may be put to any other use, but on no account shall you eat it." (Leviticus 7:23-24) NO eating fat from animals, that flavors the meat to begin with, period!

"But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood." (Genesis 9:4) How can you eat meat without it having blood? NO meat to begin with!

"A land of wheat and barley, of vines and fig trees and pomegranates, a land of olive trees and honey," (Deuteronomy 8:8) Was meat mentioned, NO!

"Then their father Israel said to them, “If it must be so, then do this: take some of the choice fruits of the land in your bags, and carry a present down to the man, a little balm and a little honey, gum, myrrh, pistachio nuts, and almonds." (Genesis 43:11) Did the Father say to take meat? NO!

"When David had passed a little beyond the summit, Ziba the servant of Mephibosheth met him, with a couple of donkeys saddled, bearing two hundred loaves of bread, a hundred bunches of raisins, a hundred of summer fruits, and a skin of wine." (2 Samuel 16:1). Did Ziba have meat to give to David, NO!

"And why have you made us come up out of Egypt to bring us to this evil place? It is no place for grain or figs or vines or pomegranates, and there is no water to drink.” (Numbers 20:5) Were these people worried about meat in this evil place? NO!

"Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything." (Genesis 9:3) Emphasis on green plants, praise Jesus!

"Brought beds, basins, and earthen vessels, wheat, barley, flour, parched grain, beans and lentils," (2 Samuel 17:28) No meat was brought!

“Test your servants for ten days; let us be given vegetables to eat and water to drink." (Daniel 1:12) Was meat mentioned, NO!

And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food." (Genesis 1:29). NO MEAT!

“And you, take wheat and barley, beans and lentils, millet and emmer, and put them into a single vessel and make your bread from them. During the number of days that you lie on your side, 390 days, you shall eat it." (Ezekiel 4:9) No meat involved!

"Better is a dinner of herbs where love is than a fattened ox and hatred with it." (Proverbs 15:17) Self-explanatory!

"So the steward took away their food and the wine they were to drink, and gave them vegetables." (Daniel 1:16) Praise vegetables over meat!

"And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food. And to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food.” And it was so" (Genesis 1:29-30) Plant food, fruit, and vegetables over meat!

In closing, I follow this inspired passage by Jesus in that "I think that meat, dairy products, and eggs are unclean," therefore I am in line with Jesus. "I know and am persuaded in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself, but it is unclean for anyone who thinks it unclean." (Romans 14:14)

Remember this following passage that relates to glorifying our bodies for Jesus, and in this case and the passage of Romans 14:14 above, by not eating meat!!! "Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)

If you have the nerve, I would suggest that you watch this following documentary on Netflix, or purchase it online, but in any event, watch it! It is about staying away from ALL meat products, dairy, and eggs to be in conjunction with how Jesus created and designed our bodies in the first place to eat plant food, fruits, and vegetables! You can thank me later.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80174177

Last edited:

McFearless

Nov 16, 2021
Denmark(Copenhagen)
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
@BrotherDThomas Let’s not read the Bible like the devil would and let’s not misquote or interpret on something that is clear. How useful for your argument not to include the verse right before that puts it in context. Then you can use this argument for anything regarding the body/temple and make up your own rules.
1. Corinthians 6:18-20

18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Is about fornication and has nothing to do with smoking cigarettes, eating meat etc. it has to do with fornication. Would one fornicate in the temple, no, therefore we shouldn’t do it with our temple.
To use that scripture on anything regarding the body, is simply flawed and false teaching. Genesis 1:29 is spoken to people in Eden where there was no death, therefore they didn’t get the idea to eat meat. That quote does however allow cannabis as food, but you are probably against that because of 1. Corinthians 6:19-20 :eek:

Don’t you know that the Jewish community came from shepherds. They have livestock, it was so natural that even Jesus used a lamb as a reference to how one would act on the sabbath (do good). In the parable about the prodigal son, Jesus explains that the father, on his son’s return says: Luke 15:23 “And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry”

-Why would Jesus, use that reference if eating meat is bad?

You say there is no reference of meat or milk mentioned. Israel is called the land of milk and honey for a reason
Exodus 3: 8 “And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites.”

It is totally allowed to not eat meat, but it isn’t allowed to selectively choose Bible quotes that fit your narrative in order for you to manipulate people to follow your political or ideological view. Let’s not talk nonsense here, if you don’t like the milk or meat, don’t eat it. If you think it’s better not to eat meat, you’re even free to argue your case, just don’t try to misrepresent the Bible while doing that.
Where do you think the skin of wine came from in reference to David and Ziba, an animal that died on its own or killed by a beast or do you think that the skin was produced after someone had eaten it? Maybe it was also easier to preserve the gifts that Ziba gave rather than raw meat. If anything, one would give living livestock and not a beef.

Why would Jesus serve his followers fish, if it’s so horrible?

You are allowed not to eat meat, but don’t change the meaning of the word to follow your narrative, you should change (not being vegan) but your relationship with the truth.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

McFearless

Nov 16, 2021
Denmark(Copenhagen)
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
@McFearless,

YOUR QUOTE OF DESPERATION: In the parable about the prodigal son, Jesus explains that the father, on his son’s return says: Luke 15:23 “And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry” -Why would Jesus, use that reference if eating meat is bad?”

H-E-L-L-O? You’ve used a bad analogy, whereas Jesus DID NOT state to bring a fatted calf and kill it, whereas the father of the son in question did it! Jesus just let it happen, knowing within Himself that it was wrong as the following passages within my post shown below state with specificity!

McFearless, first thing, before I continue with you, what part of the following inspired by Jesus passages don’t you understand relative to NO MEAT?

Begin:

“Speak to the people of Israel, saying, You shall eat no fat, of ox or sheep or goat. The fat of an animal that dies of itself and the fat of one that is torn by beasts may be put to any other use, but on no account shall you eat it." (Leviticus 7:23-24) NO eating fat from animals which is “within its meat fiber to begin with," therefore you can’t eat meat!

"But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, it's blood." (Genesis 9:4) How can you eat meat without it having blood within its fiber again? Therefore NO meat to begin with!

This is what Jesus told Noah after He murdered His entire creation in His Great Flood: "Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things. But "flesh" with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, SHALL YE NOT EAT. And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man. Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.” (Genesis 9:3-6)

This passage makes it clear in the biblical belief that eating meat is, in Jesus’ eyes, a regrettable concession to human weakness, not a virtue.”

Be not among drunkards or among gluttonous eaters of meat, for the drunkard and the glutton will come to poverty, and slumber will clothe them with rags.” (Proverbs 23:20-21) This verse explicitly shows that heavy meat eaters are looked down upon!

“Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for food.” (Genesis 1:29). Self-Explanatory in the beginning, no meat!

Furthermore, and once again, Jesus, as God, designed us in His creation in the first place, which we are herbivores as specifically shown with our body makeup of eating, and NOT carnivores as meat eaters! This alone shuts down any discussion on where we are to eat meat to begin with, period! We were created within Jesus' image (Genesis 1:27), therefore we are herbivores like He was when He walked the earth!

You are, in my opinion, a false teacher.
You ignore context but pick out bits that serve your narrative, while purposely ignoring the context that directly shows that you are wrong. Jesus decided that they should slaughter the cow in the parable, since Jesus made up the parable. It’s because a slaughtered fattened cow, is what you eat when you want to have a really good time with friends. Jews eat lamb I’m pretty sure Jesus ate lamb too, and if he was truly against it he would probably have been explicit. Jesus is clearly not against meat. Using it in his parable as a celebration food, shows that clearly.
Jesus also served the crowd fish.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

McFearless

Nov 16, 2021
Denmark(Copenhagen)
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
@McFearless,

YOUR POST #9 QUOTE IN RUNNING AWAY FROM ME MAKING YOU EMBARRASSED ABOUT YOUR LACK OF BIBLICAL KNOWLEDGE: "You are, in my opinion, a false teacher."

I am only a false teacher to the likes of your pseudo-christian kind, where when I bring forth actual biblical axioms, your type RUN AWAY from them like you've done to the "whole of my posts #6 AND #8," are you that SCARED to address every proposition that I have included in said posts to support that eating meat is not desired within the scriptures? Huh?

YOUR QUOTE OF DESPARATION AGAIN: " Jesus decided that they should slaughter the cow in the parable, since Jesus made up the parable.

OMG, now you are Satanically grasping for straws that are not even there to begin with for you! Why? Here are the passages in question for your further embarrassment in what you "think you know," but don't:

“But the father said to his servants, ‘Bring out the best robe and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand and sandals on his feet. And bring the fatted calf here and kill it, and let us eat and be merry; for this my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ And they began to be merry." (Luke 15:22-24)

Where is it specifically stated that Jesus decided that the calf should be slaughtered?!!! Huh?! The father of the son in question made that decision, AND NOT JESUS! Jesus was telling the story, and not deciding anything within the prodigal son story, but to bring forth what happened. GET IT? Quit saying things that you want Jesus to say just to get you out of this embarrassing predicament that you placed yourself within. You are going directly against Jesus herewith: "And Jesus answered them, 'See that no one leads you astray." (Matthew 24:4)

YOUR QUOTE ONCE AGAIN AT GRASPING FOR STRAWS: "I’m pretty sure Jesus ate lamb too."

If you knew your Judeo-Christian Bible, you wouldn't have to be "unsure" again with the question on whether Jesus ate lamb too, would you? Here, let me help you out AGAIN in enlightening you for the next time you stumble around this topic, okay? "Then came the day of Unleavened Bread, on which the Passover lamb had to be sacrificed. So Jesus sent Peter and John, saying, 'Go and prepare the Passover for us, that we may eat it.” (Luke 22;7-8). You can thank me later, okay? You're welcome!

The above passage still does not relinquish the Biblical FACT that the passages in my post #6 and #8, that you are running away from in front of Jesus (Hebrews 4:13) and the membership, ARE OUTRIGHT AGAINST EATING MEAT, BUT MORE SO ON EATING A DIET RELATING TO OUR STATUS AS HERBIVORES, PERIOD!

If I make up a story to help you get a deeper meaning, I also decide what the characters get to say. Jesus is God, he made that parable, he decided what the father in the story should say.
It’s a parable I know that no meat was actually eaten, but why propose eating meat in one’s parable if eating meat is wrong and why propose it as an act of celebration?

You also speak about being herbivores but humans are clearly omnivores, we can digest both plants and meat and most people also eat both.

Reactions: Pathfinder7

McFearless

Nov 16, 2021
Denmark(Copenhagen)
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
@BrotherDThomas
You only forgot to delete one message, now you only need to delete your first response to clean up your false teaching.
Regarding Jesus eating Lamb, It doesn’t explicitly say that Jesus ate lamb, but he did tell them to prepare food. That’s why I said pretty sure. The truth is important to me and I will not claim anything unwritten, especially in regards to Jesus’ actions.
I know that you’ve probably watched some Netflix Documentary that made you opposed to the industry, or maybe you think it’s wrong to kill animals in general.
Did lions eat meat in paradise?
Unless if there was a meat tree, they didn’t because there was no death in paradise. Do you also believe Lions are originally herbivores? Or do you believe God created predators after the fall?
Or do you believe in evolution and that they turned into carnivores?