Which governments are not going to fall at Christ’s advent?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
At Christ’s advent, are all the governments of the world going to fall or are some going to remain intact during Christ’s millennial reign?

Trumpeter

Mar 6, 2013
Alberta, Canada
"At sunset, yet one more nation has fallen from Me... Far from Me have they fallen. The nations are eight and eighty... Eight have fallen; eighty will fall before The Son’s return. Of these nations, two will return and stay true, before My coming... The country in which you live and the nation of Israel."

Excerpt from:

Parable of the End Times

http://trumpetcallofgodonline.com/index.php5?title=Parable_of_the_End_Times

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, Episkopos.

Episkopos said:
Man has done nothing that merits a continuance into eternity.
It's not about merit; it's about INHERITANCE!

Psalm 2:1-12
1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his Anointed (Mashiach; Messiah), saying,
3 "Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us."
4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.
6 "Yet have I set my King upon my holy hill of Zion!
7 I will declare the decree: 'the Lord hath said unto me, <<Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.>>'
10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
11 Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little! Blessed are all they that put their trust in him!"
KJV (punctuation added)

(God the Father is in purple and violet; the Son of God is in red, and the kings of the earth are in blue.)

Questor

Messianic Gentile
Jun 11, 2012
SoCal Mountains
Faith
Country
United States
I have always particularly liked the idea of those of the heathen that survive to the end of the tribulation, protected because they have not taken the mark, and the Jews that did not take the mark, remaining to have Yah'shua rule with a rod of iron, and presumably with the elect that are caught up to Yah'shua in His return running the DMV, and policing the beat, and teaching the classes, so that people learn to live in Yah'shua's laws...love YHVH and Love your neighbor as yourself.

It seems particulary amusing that all the governments today are moving toward a central planned government that does not work well, and yet, when Yahshua is King over the earth, all will be ultimately in His hands and it WILL work. In fact, I long for the day.

It is clear that the nations will in some ways survive, but those ruling them will be of Yah'shua.

But if any refuse to obey, they will have wrath indeed.

Q

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
_____

Shalom, Trumpeter.

Trumpeter said:
"At sunset, yet one more nation has fallen from Me... Far from Me have they fallen. The nations are eight and eighty... Eight have fallen; eighty will fall before The Son’s return. Of these nations, two will return and stay true, before My coming... The country in which you live and the nation of Israel."

Excerpt from:

Parable of the End Times

http://trumpetcallofgodonline.com/index.php5?title=Parable_of_the_End_Times
Ummmm.... No.

Isaiah 19:1-25
1 The burden of Egypt. Behold, the Lord rideth upon a swift cloud, and shall come into Egypt: and the idols of Egypt shall be moved at his presence, and the heart of Egypt shall melt in the midst of it.
2 And I will set the Egyptians against the Egyptians: and they shall fight every one against his brother, and every one against his neighbour; city against city, and kingdom against kingdom.
3 And the spirit of Egypt shall fail in the midst thereof; and I will destroy the counsel thereof: and they shall seek to the idols, and to the charmers, and to them that have familiar spirits, and to the wizards.
4 And the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them, saith the Lord, the Lord of hosts.
5 And the waters shall fail from the sea, and the river shall be wasted and dried up.
6 And they shall turn the rivers far away; and the brooks of defence shall be emptied and dried up: the reeds and flags shall wither.
7 The paper reeds by the brooks, by the mouth of the brooks, and every thing sown by the brooks, shall wither, be driven away, and be no more.
8 The fishers also shall mourn, and all they that cast angle into the brooks shall lament, and they that spread nets upon the waters shall languish.
9 Moreover they that work in fine flax, and they that weave networks, shall be confounded.
10 And they shall be broken in the purposes thereof, all that make sluices and ponds for fish.
11 Surely the princes of Zoan are fools, the counsel of the wise counsellors of Pharaoh is become brutish: how say ye unto Pharaoh, I am the son of the wise, the son of ancient kings?
12 Where are they? where are thy wise men? and let them tell thee now, and let them know what the Lord of hosts hath purposed upon Egypt.
13 The princes of Zoan are become fools, the princes of Noph are deceived; they have also seduced Egypt, even they that are the stay of the tribes thereof.
14 The Lord hath mingled a perverse spirit in the midst thereof: and they have caused Egypt to err in every work thereof, as a drunken man staggereth in his vomit.
15 Neither shall there be any work for Egypt, which the head or tail, branch or rush, may do.
16 In that day shall Egypt be like unto women: and it shall be afraid and fear because of the shaking of the hand of the Lord of hosts, which he shaketh over it.
17 And the land of Judah shall be a terror unto Egypt, every one that maketh mention thereof shall be afraid in himself, because of the counsel of the Lord of hosts, which he hath determined against it.
18 In that day shall five cities in the land of Egypt speak the language of Canaan, and swear to the Lord of hosts; one shall be called, The city of destruction.
19 In that day shall there be an altar to the Lord in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the border thereof to the Lord.
20 And it shall be for a sign and for a witness unto the Lord of hosts in the land of Egypt: for they shall cry unto the Lord because of the oppressors, and he shall send them a saviour, and a great one, and he shall deliver them.
21 And the Lord shall be known to Egypt, and the Egyptians shall know the Lord in that day, and shall do sacrifice and oblation; yea, they shall vow a vow unto the Lord, and perform it.
22 And the Lord shall smite Egypt: he shall smite and heal it: and they shall return even to the Lord, and he shall be intreated of them, and shall heal them.
23 In that day shall there be a highway out of Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrian shall come into Egypt, and the Egyptian into Assyria, and the Egyptians shall serve with the Assyrians.
24 In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, even a blessing in the midst of the land:
25 Whom the Lord of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.
KJV

There will be other countries, more than these.

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
God has never given man the right to rule other men...all governments will fall...they will become as dust.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, Questor.

Questor said:
I have always particularly liked the idea of those of the heathen that survive to the end of the tribulation, protected because they have not taken the mark, and the Jews that did not take the mark, remaining to have Yah'shua rule with a rod of iron, and presumably with the elect that are caught up to Yah'shua in His return running the DMV, and policing the beat, and teaching the classes, so that people learn to live in Yah'shua's laws...love YHVH and Love your neighbor as yourself.

It seems particulary amusing that all the governments today are moving toward a central planned government that does not work well, and yet, when Yahshua is King over the earth, all will be ultimately in His hands and it WILL work. In fact, I long for the day.

It is clear that the nations will in some ways survive, but those ruling them will be of Yah'shua.

But if any refuse to obey, they will have wrath indeed.

Q
Well, yes ... and, no. SOME of the governments will be governed by haMelekh Yisra'el (the King of Isra'el) right away, but others will take time to fall in line. Yeshua` will be BUILDING His World Empire throughout the Millennium as He subdues His enemies, one by one. The following passage has its focus on the Resurrections, but reading between the lines and synchronizing and harmonizing this passage with Revelation 20 gives the correct chronological order:

1 Corinthians 15:20-28
20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: (1) Christ the firstfruits; afterward (2) they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then (3) cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
KJV

So, in chronological order,...
1. Yeshua` returns and raises His own at His coming;
2. Yeshua` begins His reign at the start of the Millennium;
3. He continues to put "all rule and all authority and all power" under His feet throughout the Millennium (a thousand years; Greek: chilia etee);
4. The last enemy He conquers is Death;
5. Then, He turns the Kingdom over to His Father, submitting Himself to His Father's rulership;
6. And, God is "all in all."

Here's how they harmonize with the Revelation:
1. Yeshua`s return begins in Revelation 11 and ends in Revelation 19. (It's a PROCESS, not a one-day event!)
2. Yeshua` begins His reign after He incarcerates haSatan (Hebrew for "the Enemy");
3. He continues to put "all rule and all authority and all power under His feet," which runs from Revelation 20:4-15. This includes the final, general Resurrection and the subsequent Great White Throne Judgment, culminating in the assignment to the Lake of Fire and Sulfur or the Lake of Burning Sulfur.
4. "The last enemy He conquers is Death" is found specifically in Revelation 20:14;
5. Then He turns the Kingdom over to His Father in Revelation 21:1-8;
6. Finally, God is "all in all" found in Revelation 21:9-22:5 in the eternal state after the first 1000 years of the Messiah's reign.

One can also harmonize this with some of the parables about the Kingdom in Matthew 13, particularly the parable of the wheat and the tares, as Yeshua` explained it:

Matthew 13:24-30, 36-43
24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
KJV

1. The Messiah returns and sets up His Kingdom, placing some of His newly resurrected children, the good seed, in key roles within His administration;
2. As He conquers and subdues some of the nations, His messengers discover that infiltrators were planted into the administration of the Kingdom;
3. The Messiah reigns through the Millennium, allowing the infiltrators to grow with the children of the Kingdom;
4. "The last enemy defeated is death," corresponding to the general resurrection and the final Great White Throne Judgment is the harvest at the end of the Millennium;
5. When the Messiah turns His Kingdom over to His Father is to be found when the wheat is gathered into His barn; and
6. The time when God is all in all forever is when the righteous will "shine forth as the sun in the Kingdom of their Father."

The passage in Matthew 25:31-46 regarding the prophecy about the judgment of the "sheep" and the "goats" is to be found at the BEGINNING of the Millennium when Yeshua` populates His initial Kingdom:

Matthew 25:31-46
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
KJV

Note the words of verse 31: "When the Son of man shall come in His glory, and all the holy angels or messengers with Him, then shall He sit upon the throne of his glory." This parallels Gavri'el's prophecy in Luke 1:30-33:

Luke 1:30-33
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
KJV

Thus, the Millennium is just the first 1000 years of His reign, but His Kingdom over the house of Ya`aqov shall last forever! However, that first 1000 years (while haSatan is locked away in the abyss) will be a time of building the World Empire for His Father.

So, carefully looking at Matthew 25 again in light of these supplemental verses, this judgment is a WAR TRIBUNAL! The "sheep" and the "goats" are NATIONS that are gathered before Him through their LEADERS or REPRESENTATIVES! The Messiah is not judging individuals in Matthew 25; He is judging NATIONS as GROUPS of people! Those NATIONS that had treated "one of the least of these my brethren" well inherited a place within His Kingdom. Those who did not treat His people kindly "shall go away into everlasting punishment." And, although they are DESTINED for "everlasting punishment," they are not THEN thrown into the fire! These are the nations over whom He has already conquered at the beginning of His Kingdom, i.e., the nations who had come against His people just before His arrival and from whom He had rescued His people in the battle on the plain (`emeq) of Yizr`e'l (Jezreel) below the watch tower of Har Megiddown (The Tel of Megiddo; "Armageddon" in Greek; Hosea 1:9-11; Joel 3:9-21; Ezekiel 38-39; and Revelation 16:12-16; 17:9-14; 19:11-21).

Reactions: ENOCH2010

Raeneske

Sep 18, 2012
guysmith said:
At Christ’s advent, are all the governments of the world going to fall or are some going to remain intact during Christ’s millennial reign?
None shall remain.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shabbat shalom, domenic.

domenic said:
God has never given man the right to rule other men...all governments will fall...they will become as dust.
You need to re-read your Bible. God HAS given a Man the right to rule other men, and NOT all governments will fall! Here's just two of MANY Scriptures that support this:

Luke 1:30-33
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
KJV

Psalm 2:1-12
1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying,
3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.
6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
11 Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.
KJV

So, in light of these verses, would you like to modify what you said?

Shabbat shalom, Raeneske.

Raeneske said:
None shall remain.
Ditto to you. Read the Scriptures!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Let us let Daniel tell us:
Dan 2:31-44
31 Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great image. This great image, whose brightness was excellent, stood before thee; and the form thereof was terrible.
32 This image's head was of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass,
33 His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay.
34 Thou sawest till that A STONE WAS CUT WITHOUT HANDS, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.
35 Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and THE STONE that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.
36 This is the dream; and we will tell the interpretation thereof before the king.
37 Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory.
38 And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou art this head of gold.
39 And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth.
40 And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.
41 And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.
42 And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.
43 And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.
44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.
KJV

domenic said:
All government is ordained of God however it is corrupted due to ungodly parents raising ungodly children who end up ruling over the world without godly wisdom and justice.
We reap what we have sown.
Rom 13:1-4
13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
KJV