White flag

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Is the concept of surrendering to Jesus, that Christians have today, actually biblical?

I have read the Bible, but I don't remember this surrender stuff being in there.

Is this just a case of dogma run amok?

If this concept is there, then demonstrate how a person goes about surrending.

To Jesus that is.

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Biblical concept is recognising Jesus as Lord (Romans 10:9). In other words, recognising that He has authority over my life. But in our natural state we want to run our own lives. So becoming a Christian necessarily involves a step of surrender. This takes many forms - it's different for everyone. But the Biblical way of demonstrating it was to be baptised.

Reactions: Nancy

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
The Biblical concept is recognising Jesus as Lord (Romans 10:9). In other words, recognising that He has authority over my life. But in our natural state we want to run our own lives. So becoming a Christian necessarily involves a step of surrender. This takes many forms - it's different for everyone. But the Biblical way of demonstrating it was to be baptised.
Does the Bible say that God requires surrender. Because I tried that with my own beloved child, and I couldn't believe the lie.

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Revelation 12:4 4Its tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that it might devour her child the moment he was born.

For I am the one from the south, the one who will unify all religions in kind.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the concept of surrendering to Jesus, that Christians have today, actually biblical?

I have read the Bible, but I don't remember this surrender stuff being in there.

Is this just a case of dogma run amok?

If this concept is there, then demonstrate how a person goes about surrending.

To Jesus that is.

The understanding IS:
ALL men are naturally born AGAINST God..
AKA, known as DEAD men walking.
Alive in their FLESH, DEAD in spirit.

The understanding IS:
Men can BECOME "MADE" (BY the Power of God), Alive in their spirit,
WHILE, Alive in their Flesh.

The understanding IS:
A natural mans LIFE, is his BLOOD.
Once a mans LIFE (Blood) becomes DEAD, that man in his Flesh, NO LONGER has FLESH LIFE, To ask God to MAKE his spiritual life be MADE Alive.

A White Flag "surrender", IS a man Giving UP control of his LIFE to an "Enemy."

A "SURRENDER" to thee Lord God, IS a man Giving the Lord God, the Authority to MAKE the mans soul Saved unto the Lord and the mans spirit ALIVE WITH the Lord God forever.

Big difference of surrending;
Ones life to an ENEMY
Or
Ones life to Their Lord God Almighty.

Glory to God,
Taken

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see surrendering to Christ as giving it ALL to Him, no matter what, and I do it because I want Him to make choices for me. For instance, I just bought a new vehicle. I got top dollar for my trade in and $500.00 cash back...also no taxes, title fees. Now the OLD Nancy would have been out there day one looking at cars in dealerships. I had prayed that God would allow me to make a wise choice. I was quite tempted to run to the nearest car place with title in hand and just trade mine in. I had to stop myself several times from doing that. So, while online browsing vehicles, Enterprise car sales kept coming up and, at first I did not want anything to do with them as, the cars they sell are from their rental inventories and, I was told one time by my brother to not get their cars! Ha! My bro has been wrong before about a vehicle of mine he thought was junk only to find, the outside of the car would rust out way before that engine would! So, I decided to take a trip to Enterprise and...low and behold they had only one Nissan Rogue left (what I was looking at) I sat down with the guy, he said their offer for my old vehicle was above the blue book value and, add to that the extra $500 and no tax and title fees. I believe God is who pointed me to them as I could never have gotten a deal like that at a dealership. That is just one small way that I surrender to Christ. But, there is so much more to surrendering to Him like, being under His Lordship and leading. Which to me, would mean following His commands, worshiping Him, honoring Him in the presence of others etc.
Okay, I'm done :)

Reactions: Dave L
D

Dave L

White flag = walking in love, including thoughts about others, instead of hatred which is the natural thing for humans to do. Hatred = inequality between yourself and others including enemies.