Who Can Be Saved?? Anyone, Everyone, All, Who so ever calls on the Name of the Lord!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 10:13(NKJV)

13 For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

Romans 10:13 13for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved."Who can be saved?? Anyone, everyone, all, Who so ever??

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 3:9 9The LORD is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
John 3:16 16For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 3:9 9The LORD is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
John 3:16 16For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

in scripture calling upon the name of the Lord goes as far back as:
Gen 4:26 And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.
Seth is the son of Adam in case you don't know, after Cain and Abel.

and in 1656 years the Lord wiped out the whole planet except Noah and family.

not everyone calls on the name of the Lord do they? and surly one would have to believe and trust of which the Lord could easily see, and one according to Jesus would have to be drawn to Christ to call upon Him. also Noah was chosen and Abraham, Isaac and Jacob were chosen. the children of Israel (Jacob) were chosen.

what Peter says, is in context with what Jesus says, Peter was there when Jesus said it, and nothing said by the Apostles superseded the Word of God. therefore its on you to see that and discern that. controversy of scripture is the devil's view, for the leading of the blind. understanding in what context things are said in scripture is for those who seek understanding and the truth of the matter.

Reactions: GodsGrace and FHII

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who Can be Saved?? All, Anyone, Everyone, Who so ever Calls on the Name of the Lord!!
1 Tim. 2:3-4
". . . God our Savior, who desires ""all ""men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth."

Yes!!! God does draw all to Him as HE is unwilling that any perish But you are free to reject God's love=your choice!!
Yes!! Men have free will unto salvation===choose to believe=====For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. Romans 10:10
Romans 10:9
that if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
Romans 10:11
It is just as the Scripture says: ""Everyone"" who believes in Him will not be put to shame
Jn. 3:16
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that ""whoever"" believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Rom. 10:10, 13
"For with the heart one believes to righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made to salvation." "For '""whoever"" calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Acts 2:21,
"And it shall come to pass that ""whoever"" calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"calling on the Name of the Lord" should be defined here, there is a sense in which this is speaking to a specific condition i think

"Calling on the name of the Lord= Lord!! I confess and repent of my sins have mercy on me a sinner as I choose to believe in Jesus as my Lord and Savior!!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"Calling on the name of the Lord= Lord!! I confess and repent of my sins have mercy on me a sinner as I choose to believe in Jesus as my Lord and Savior!!
ha ok, sorry, i am still learning to speak what can be heard, so what i mean is to note that "calling on the name of the Lord" is, can be assumed to mean "in anguish, when you are in trouble," which can certainly apply to a new seeker, but might also not really describe a certain "Jesus-curious" position that often occurs. Hmm, prolly just made it worse i guess lol

Last edited:

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Know that we are living in the last days and time is very short and eternity is very very long time to be in a very bad place. So be wise!!!=="Calling on the name of the Lord= Lord!! I confess and repent of my sins have mercy on me a sinner as I choose to believe in Jesus as my Lord and Savior so that I can join the eternal family as a son and joint heir with Jesus!!!!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Know that we are living in the last days and time is very short and eternity is very very long time to be in a very bad place. So be wise!!!=="Calling on the name of the Lord= Lord!! I confess and repent of my sins have mercy on me a sinner as I choose to believe in Jesus as my Lord and Savior so that I can join the eternal family as a son and joint heir with Jesus!!!!
You've used the word BELIEVE many times.
"I choose to believe"
"For whosoever believeth in Him"
"Everyone who believes in Him will not be put to shame"
etc.

What does BELIEVE mean, anyway?
Is it important to know the answer?

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
<snip>
What does BELIEVE mean, anyway?
Is it important to know the answer?

With regard to your second question: Indubitably.

Jam 2:19 Thou believest that God is one; thou doest well: the demons also believe, and shudder.

Mark 1:24 "What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you
come to destroy us? I know who you are-the Holy One of God!"

Luke 4:34 "Ha! What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have
you come to destroy us? I know who you are-the Holy One of God!"

Of which, I do find the remarks in Mark and Luke rather interesting.

Cp: John 6:69 We believe and know that you are the Holy One of God.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." Matt 7:21

Just mouthing the words is not enough!

"Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?" John 11:25-26

Reactions: BreadOfLife

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Word tells us =Who Can be Saved?? All, Anyone, Everyone, Who so ever Calls on the Name of the Lord!!
1 Timothy 2:3-4 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
4 who desires ""all"" men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Yes!!! God does draw all to Him as HE is unwilling that any perish But you are free to reject God's love=your choice!!

Yes!! Men have free will unto salvation===choose to believe=====For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. Romans 10:10

Romans 10:9
If ""you ""confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

Romans 10:11
It is just as the Scripture says: ""Everyone"" who believes in Him will not be put to shame
John 3:16 For God so loved the ""world"" that He gave His only begotten Son, that ""whoever"" believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Acts 2:21 And it shall come to pass That ""whoever ""calls on the name of the Lord Shall be saved.'

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
With regard to your second question: Indubitably.

Jam 2:19 Thou believest that God is one; thou doest well: the demons also believe, and shudder.

Mark 1:24 "What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you
come to destroy us? I know who you are-the Holy One of God!"

Luke 4:34 "Ha! What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have
you come to destroy us? I know who you are-the Holy One of God!"

Of which, I do find the remarks in Mark and Luke rather interesting.

Cp: John 6:69 We believe and know that you are the Holy One of God.
Yes. But this isn't where I was headed.
So, here's how it is...
I say it's necessary to obey God and do the works we are to do.
I'm told the law is abolished and works are not necessary because we are now under grace and not the law.

So I ask for a verse that says we are no longer required to do any works. Why do I ask? Because I know none exists that JESUS said, which is what I ask for since I'm a disciple of Jesus and not anyone else.
So there is none, except for John 6:29
"Jesus answered and said to them, 'This is the work of God, that you BELIEVE in Him whom He has sent'."

So as you can see, the word BELIEVE becomes very important.
I will not accept that verse because those posting it do not know what BELIEVE means or they would not post it.

So, here's what it means:

1. Believe means

trust the person
    learn from the person
    obey the person
    agree with the person
    do what the person teaches
    use them as an example
    follow them in all ways

If I believe in Jesus, then I MUST DO EVERYTHING HE SAID TO DO. I must obey and do His works. Whatever they may be.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. But this isn't where I was headed.
So, here's how it is...
I say it's necessary to obey God and do the works we are to do.
I'm told the law is abolished and works are not necessary because we are now under grace and not the law.

So I ask for a verse that says we are no longer required to do any works. Why do I ask? Because I know none exists that JESUS said, which is what I ask for since I'm a disciple of Jesus and not anyone else.
So there is none, except for John 6:29
"Jesus answered and said to them, 'This is the work of God, that you BELIEVE in Him whom He has sent'."

So as you can see, the word BELIEVE becomes very important.
I will not accept that verse because those posting it do not know what BELIEVE means or they would not post it.

So, here's what it means:

1. Believe means

trust the person
    learn from the person
    obey the person
    agree with the person
    do what the person teaches
    use them as an example
    follow them in all ways

If I believe in Jesus, then I MUST DO EVERYTHING HE SAID TO DO. I must obey and do His works. Whatever they may be.

That's salvation by works.
We are saved by grace.
You by-pass grace and go right to believe.
Believe is meaningless without grace.
Grace does not fit in with what you say.
Many people believe in many things, but grace only comes from God.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
That's salvation by works.
We are saved by grace.
You by-pass grace and go right to believe.
Believe is meaningless without grace.
Grace does not fit in with what you say.
Many people believe in many things, but grace only comes from God.
I'm not speaking about salvation by works.
We here on this forum are ALREADY saved.
People here tell me works are not necessary ---
That's ALL Jesus spoke about.
Works do NOT save a person...

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
A good question to ask you is, "do you believe in Grace"?
Grace is involved in being saved, but we're saved by our faith.
Of course I believe in grace.
GOD IS GRACE.
GOD IS LOVE.
GOD IS JUST.

We want to forget the JUST part.
Have you helped anybody out lately?
Maybe a neighbor...
Have you prayed for anyone?
Have you been quiet rather than speak and upset your wife?
These are all works.
Did you do them to get saved?

Reactions: bbyrd009