Who will occupy the land of Israel in Paradise earth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Bible teaches that the land of Israel was promised to Jacob and his descendants forever and that the land of Israel will be the center of Gods kingdom on earth.​

Afflicted with anti-Semitism the traditional churches developed “Replacement Theology.” Some early church theologians wrongly concluded that Israel as a people was eternally rejected by God for having rejected Jesus. The claim is that the church is now spiritual Israel and, as such, has replaced natural Israel.
The King James Version of the Bible is filled with examples where promises to natural Israel are applied to the Christian Church through arbitrary chapter headings. For example, above Isaiah 59 is added a heading, “The sins of the Jews.” Yet in the very next chapter, Isaiah 60, the chapter heading added is “Glory of the Church.”

God promised the Land of Israel to Abraham and his descendants forever. To renege on this agreement would make God a liar. Yet how do we explain that Abraham was never given the land?

"14. And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: 15. For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever. 16. And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered. 17. Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee. - Gen 13:14-17 (KJV)​
1. And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him … 7. And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. 8. And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God. - Gen 17:1-8 (KJV)​

These verses teach that God promised the land to Abraham and his descendants forever. That’s why we call it the Land of Promise. If orthodox Christian thinking were correct, we should rename it the Land of Broken Promise.

Notice how verse 7 of Gen. 17 speaks of “the land wherein thou art a stranger.”

Notice also… Acts 7:5 "And he gave him none inheritance in it, no, not so much as to set his foot on: yet he promised that he would give it to him for a possession, and to his seed after him, when as yet he had no child." (KJV)

Abraham died as a stranger in the land, without receiving an inheritance in it. This proves Abraham can’t be in heaven. He’ll be resurrected on earth in God’s kingdom to receive this inheritance with his descendants.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Who will occupy the land of Israel in Paradise earth?​

OP ^
Regarding the Promised Land (not that little strip of land today, called Israel) ;
The Occupants shall be Christ Jesus, and immortal saints, while mortal “believers” continue to live, reproduce, die, establish cities, Nations, governance, (outside of the Promised Land- (aka Christ’s Kingdom) and the mortals subject to Christ Jesus’ Head Rulership (ie King of kings) generationally for 1,000 years outside of the boundaries of the Promised Land….
As well I believe Christ Jesus’ holy angel Servants shall be present to Serve Jesus according to His required and necessary tasks.

Glory to God,
Taken

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Who will occupy the land of Israel in Paradise earth?​

The Occupants shall be Christ Jesus, and immortal saints, while mortal “believers” continue to live, reproduce, die, establish cities, Nations, governance,
So humans will continue to die? Then why did Jesus die for?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Who will occupy the land of Israel in Paradise earth?

That will not be "Paradise on earth" since Paradise will remain in Heaven (in the New Jerusalem). But it will be redeemed and restored Israel on earth, with the twelve tribes occupying the land of "Greater Israel" (between the Nile and the Euphrates) when Christ establishes His Kingdom on earth (first the Millennium and then the eternal Kingdom).

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So humans will continue to die? Then why did Jesus die for?
Jesus is mans example that men could Hear AND See. (Which not Hearing, not Seeing God, WAS a major complaint of ancient men, to which God called them “stiff-necked” and “stubborn”.

And a few short years of men who Elected to believe, while Hearing and Seeing Him…and thereafter the centuries of men Electing to believe, (from testimony of men who Heard and Saw Him), and Beyond the Belief, of men Electing to lay down their LIFE for Him, Become His transformed (from mortal to immortal SAINTS)…

^^^ All human men MUST Die period, God requires the Death of All human flesh.
^^^ Which means, EVEN those that are “transformed” into “saints” MUST bodily Die.

Jesus was manifested in the LIKENESS as a man, to Teach men HOW (by hearing and seeing Example) For human men to Become in the LIKENESS as God.
Some men did, some men do and some men will ELECT to lay down their LIFE for their True heartful Belief In the Lord God….
Some men WILL not.

There is a time coming, that will END Human Mortals…
Some men WILL Believe, but not have YET laid down their Life FOR Him.
God is Patient and Just.
Before the END of mortal mankind, Believing men shall have a golden opportunity to Lay down their Life for Christ Jesus.

* Patient and Just meaning….1,000 years of generations of men, with Christ Jesus their World KING, ruling according to the Word of God.
* Golden Opportunity meaning…1,000 years of generations of men, WITHOUT the presence of SATAN and other Corrupt fallen angels influencing them with devious trickery.

Why did Jesus Die?

Jesus’ death has allowed millions of humans to Become “made” (transformed) into Gods LIKENESS.

Your concern does not consider, Gods PLAN of mortal LIFE does not begin and end with you.
Mortal LIFE began and shall END according to Gods PLAN. And He has Revealed there shall be a “PARTICULAR” 1,000 years of Christ Jesus ruling this Earth, in His Kingdom, on His Throne, with His saints and Mortals in their Nations….WITHOUT the “present day ruler of THIS world, ie SATAN”.

Many more SHALL be Save ‘unto’ God Almighty….PARTICULARLY, the fulfillment of Gods PROMISE to SAVE every faithful of His People “ISRAEL”. Presently, if you have Noticed, the Majority of “ISRAEL” (Gods people) REJECT the one, the messiah, WHOM God Sent to THEM…ie JESUS.

And BTW, every individual WHOM the Lord God “Restores”, and “Makes” anew, Becomes Gods “inheritance”.

So be patient, God has a Plan to “collect” His inheritance.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is mans example that men could Hear AND See. (Which not Hearing, not Seeing God, WAS a major complaint of ancient men, to which God called them “stiff-necked” and “stubborn”.

And a few short years of men who Elected to believe, while Hearing and Seeing Him…and thereafter the centuries of men Electing to believe, (from testimony of men who Heard and Saw Him), and Beyond the Belief, of men Electing to lay down their LIFE for Him, Become His transformed (from mortal to immortal SAINTS)…

^^^ All human men MUST Die period, God requires the Death of All human flesh.
^^^ Which means, EVEN those that are “transformed” into “saints” MUST bodily Die.

Jesus was manifested in the LIKENESS as a man, to Teach men HOW (by hearing and seeing Example) For human men to Become in the LIKENESS as God.
Some men did, some men do and some men will ELECT to lay down their LIFE for their True heartful Belief In the Lord God….
Some men WILL not.

There is a time coming, that will END Human Mortals…
Some men WILL Believe, but not have YET laid down their Life FOR Him.
God is Patient and Just.
Before the END of mortal mankind, Believing men shall have a golden opportunity to Lay down their Life for Christ Jesus.

* Patient and Just meaning….1,000 years of generations of men, with Christ Jesus their World KING, ruling according to the Word of God.
* Golden Opportunity meaning…1,000 years of generations of men, WITHOUT the presence of SATAN and other Corrupt fallen angels influencing them with devious trickery.

Why did Jesus Die?

Jesus’ death has allowed millions of humans to Become “made” (transformed) into Gods LIKENESS.

Your concern does not consider, Gods PLAN of mortal LIFE does not begin and end with you.
Mortal LIFE began and shall END according to Gods PLAN. And He has Revealed there shall be a “PARTICULAR” 1,000 years of Christ Jesus ruling this Earth, in His Kingdom, on His Throne, with His saints and Mortals in their Nations….WITHOUT the “present day ruler of THIS world, ie SATAN”.

Many more SHALL be Save ‘unto’ God Almighty….PARTICULARLY, the fulfillment of Gods PROMISE to SAVE every faithful of His People “ISRAEL”. Presently, if you have Noticed, the Majority of “ISRAEL” (Gods people) REJECT the one, the messiah, WHOM God Sent to THEM…ie JESUS.

And BTW, every individual WHOM the Lord God “Restores”, and “Makes” anew, Becomes Gods “inheritance”.

So be patient, God has a Plan to “collect” His inheritance.

Glory to God,
Taken
HUH?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Bible teaches that the land of Israel was promised to Jacob and his descendants forever and that the land of Israel will be the center of Gods kingdom on earth.​

Afflicted with anti-Semitism the traditional churches developed “Replacement Theology.” Some early church theologians wrongly concluded that Israel as a people was eternally rejected by God for having rejected Jesus. The claim is that the church is now spiritual Israel and, as such, has replaced natural Israel.
The King James Version of the Bible is filled with examples where promises to natural Israel are applied to the Christian Church through arbitrary chapter headings. For example, above Isaiah 59 is added a heading, “The sins of the Jews.” Yet in the very next chapter, Isaiah 60, the chapter heading added is “Glory of the Church.”

God promised the Land of Israel to Abraham and his descendants forever. To renege on this agreement would make God a liar. Yet how do we explain that Abraham was never given the land?

"14. And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: 15. For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever. 16. And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered. 17. Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee. - Gen 13:14-17 (KJV)​
1. And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him … 7. And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. 8. And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God. - Gen 17:1-8 (KJV)​

These verses teach that God promised the land to Abraham and his descendants forever. That’s why we call it the Land of Promise. If orthodox Christian thinking were correct, we should rename it the Land of Broken Promise.

Notice also… Acts 7:5 "And he gave him none inheritance in it, no, not so much as to set his foot on: yet he promised that he would give it to him for a possession, and to his seed after him, when as yet he had no child." (KJV)

Abraham died as a stranger in the land, without receiving an inheritance in it. This proves Abraham can’t be in heaven. He’ll be resurrected on earth in God’s kingdom to receive this inheritance with his descendants.
Are you JW?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That will not be "Paradise on earth" since Paradise will remain in Heaven (in the New Jerusalem). But it will be redeemed and restored Israel on earth, with the twelve tribes occupying the land of "Greater Israel" (between the Nile and the Euphrates) when Christ establishes His Kingdom on earth (first the Millennium and then the eternal Kingdom).
Partially correct.
Not only those Faithful of the Twelve Tribes, but also Gentiles that have been “converted In Christ” (ie the Church) as THEY have BY becoming Born Again, become “sons of Abraham” and entitled to the inheritance of Abraham’s Promised Land.

As the 1,000 year reign of Christ Jesus, saints and mortals outside of the Promised Land (in their own nations), comes to a close, Judgements, final separations, THEN arrives the New Jerusalem, the Heavens, the Earth restored, the barrier (firmament) between Heaven and Earth opened up….and THEN shall Paradise with the Tree of Life, (once again, as it was in Eden), be ON Earth.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Partially correct.
Not only those Faithful of the Twelve Tribes, but also Gentiles that have been “converted In Christ” (ie the Church) as THEY have BY becoming Born Again, become “sons of Abraham” and entitled to the inheritance of Abraham’s Promised Land.
Not according to Ezekiel 48. At the same time the saved Gentile nations will surround Israel with its twelve tribes. All this is distinct from the Church, which has its eternal home in the New Jerusalem.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Bible teaches that the land of Israel was promised to Jacob and his descendants forever

That is simply not true. God said that He would give the "Promised Land" to Abraham's descendants after him for a prescribed period of time when the vanishing point for that time period will be beyond their ability to comprehend.

In 2 Chronicles 12:7-ff God also said that He would cause the Temple to be destroyed so as to be no more and that He would cause the Israelites to be scattered throughout the whole earth.

The first time God promises to give Abraham's descendant a prescribed parcel of land is found in Genesis 13:14-15, 17: -
14 And the Lord said to Abram, after Lot had separated from him: "Lift your eyes now and look from the place where you are — northward, southward, eastward, and westward; 15 for all the earth which you see {that (entity)}, I will give to your descendants for a long period of time whose ending, which is beyond man’s comprehension, is at the vanishing point, {of this particular time period}, in the future.[1] . . . . 17 Arise, walk in my earth through its length and its width, for this I will give. "​

This is a very different outcome from what you are trying to sell.

[1] Another way of saying this verse might be: - “15 for all the earth which you see, that entity, I will give to your descendants for a long period of time where the end point of that time period, will be beyond your descendants capacity to comprehend when the possession of the described land will end.​

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not according to Ezekiel 48. At the same time the saved Gentile nations will surround Israel with its twelve tribes. All this is distinct from the Church, which has its eternal home in the New Jerusalem.
The CHURCH “are the Converted”… naturally born (RACE) ISRAEL or (RACE) GENTILE who will occupy Christ’s Millennial Kingdom.
They have all become ONE PEOPLE, (saints), no longer Mortal, and no longer divided by RACE (ie Israel/Gentile).
As well Christ’s holy angels Servants are present in Christ’s Millennial Kingdom, (which is the boundaries of Abraham’s Promised Land.)

OUTSIDE of Christ’s Millennial are Multiple NATIONS, with Multiple occupants of Living Mortal “Believing” (but not converted) men.

Paradise IS WHERE the TREE of LIFE IS…
It WAS in the Garden of Eden ON Earth.
It WAS in the Comfort side of IN Hell (Abrahams’ bosom);
It IS presently IN Heaven;
It Shall Be BOTH IN the New Heaven and New Earth, “after” (the barrier between Heaven and Earth is opened) and Mortal men no longer exist.

The OUSIDE Nations “are not saved”…they are living mortal believers, not Converted.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your observation and interpretation is too worldly.

To the contrary, just as Jesus referred not to the temple of stone, but to the temple of His body, the promise to Abraham was not regarding the lands of this earth...but of that same kingdom ushered in by Christ which is not of this world. And when Jesus was lifted up, so was Abraham with Him and in Him...not yet to be resurrected, but resurrected already. In this same way, we are not yet to be crucified and raised up, but "were crucified with Christ."

Understand that it is not the times that define the things of God, but only the things of this world of which the kingdom is not.

Notice then, that Melchizedek first blessed Abraham "and" then also blessed God. And what did he first say of Abraham before saying the same of God?

Blessed be Abram of God Most High,
Possessor of heaven and earth;
And blessed be God Most High,
Who has delivered your enemies into your hand.” Genesis 14:19-20​
He first blessed Abraham (rather than God) referring to him as "Abram of God Most High, Possessor of heaven and earth." And ("and") then afterward he also blessed God.

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
JWs are not allowed to have beards. Only in extreme cases is it allowed, skin condition, and I believe in the cultural environment where they live, where facial hair is normal. I could be wrong on the latter.
The reason why facial hair was not accepted, (especially in western lands) was because of the connection to certain groups of individuals who were not of good character, and who were often prone to violence and bloodshed. We are told not to adopt the things of the world, like their extreme fashions, morals, or any worldly practices because they are out of harmony with Bible teachings. (John 17:16) We try to be as physically 'invisible' as possible so that when we call on people, they are not distracted by the way we look. We want them to hear our message.

Today however, as beards are becoming more accepted in society, many brothers have now decided that a well kept beard is not a distraction and there is no longer any hard and fast rule concerning this choice of grooming. It is best to wait and have the direction of those who are given authority over these things as part of our "food at the proper time". The old connection is no longer apparent.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

@Jay Ross has a better interpretation of that scripture. It isnt anything to do with fleshly Israel inheriting any physical land because the "Jerusalem above" is the inheritance of spiritual Israel, not fleshly Israel.

How long was it before Israel were removed from their land and taken into exile in Babylon? The Diaspora meant that Israel no longer held dominion over this land that God gave them...why? Because they broke their covenant with him. The literal Promised Land was a prize fought over by Gentile powers of the day as Daniel had prophesied.

Indeed Abraham will gain his share of the Promised Land, which is in reality the whole earth, as it was intended to be in the beginning....a global paradise. This is the inheritance of all the faithful ones, both in the Jewish system and the Christian arrangement....all are brought together as one people in Christ. Some are 'chosen' (elected) for rulership positions in heaven, whilst others will serve Jehovah on earth.

The one thing I believe that has left you behind in your understanding, is that a "Jew", according to the apostle Paul's definition and also alluded to by John the Baptist, is not just one born in a nation, but those who choose to become part of that nation. (Rom 2:28-29; Matt 3:9)

When Gentiles wanted to come over to the worship of Jehovah, they had to follow everything that the Jews believed and practiced. Though not "Jewish" by birth, they chose to serve Israel's God and they were to be accepted and treated as "brothers".

Paul spoke of "the Israel of God" (Gal 6:16) but that was referring to Christians from all nations...both Jews and Gentiles. So Israel can be understood in a spiritual way, not just in the fleshly sense. Just as the Promised Land can be understood in the big picture to represent the whole earth, as God first purposed for mankind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.