Why here? Why now?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you guys ever wonder why you born in this time and place?
If I were to be born in the Middle Ages in Europe during the plague, I would have died but now thanks to vaccines many diseases are cured. So that makes me wonder.
If I was born in Afghanistan I probably would have died for any number of violent-related reasons. That makes me wonder too.
I wonder about stuff like that sometimes. Do you guys ever think of your existence and your time and place in the grander scheme of things?
To me it’s fascinating, mysterious, scary and humbling.

6F858AAE-B584-4CCD-B728-E146DF66DB1B.jpeg

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The older I get, the closer I get to the end of my life, I do wonder what the purpose of it all was. How did it fit into God’s greater plan? Maybe someday I’ll understand.

Love when you can
Cry when you have to
Be who you must
That's a part of the plan
Await your arrival
With simple survival and
One day, we'll all understand

-
Dan Fogelberg, Part of the Plan

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why here?
Because my moms family decided to come to this land in the mid 1600’s and my dads family came to this land in the mid 1700’s...

Why now?
My mom and dad met, fell in love, and had a baby, 2 years later had another baby, 2 years later had another baby....2 years coming to pass, Mom all happy, cooking, sewing, being a mommy to 3 little kids, then the passing of the 3rd year, I was born. Of course the story goes, oh YEAH, but the real oh YEAH was Mom happy to have a break, and Yeah, two years passed and she was not pregnant!
The why now...is because of why then, my dad was crazy about my mom, who was by the way, very beautiful and sweet, pleasant and kind and mom crazy about my dad. :)

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why here?
Because my moms family decided to come to this land in the mid 1600’s and my dads family came to this land in the mid 1700’s...

Why now?
My mom and dad met, fell in love, and had a baby, 2 years later had another baby, 2 years later had another baby....2 years coming to pass, Mom all happy, cooking, sewing, being a mommy to 3 little kids, then the passing of the 3rd year, I was born. Of course the story goes, oh YEAH, but the real oh YEAH was Mom happy to have a break, and Yeah, two years passed and she was not pregnant!
The why now...is because of why then, my dad was crazy about my mom, who was by the way, very beautiful and sweet, pleasant and kind and mom crazy about my dad. :)
well there ya go, two crazy people turning out other crazy people :)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Lambano
IN Love, to me is the thing to be serious about, and the friendship is more about enjoying, laughter, more whimsical, fun, silly (ie. my avatar), balance:
without being foolish or stupid...

I’ve known, seen couples, that NOTHING shows, no sparkle, no tenderness, no concern, no laughter.... sad really, IMO.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I must admit that despite ups and downs I have had a reasonably blessed life, but for me the questions often arise when I think of others in other less fortunate cultures and circumstances and wonder ‘ why them, why there ‘ ……..
Rita

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Lambano
IN Love, to me is the thing to be serious about, and the friendship is more about enjoying, laughter, more whimsical, fun, silly (ie. my avatar), balance:
without being foolish or stupid...

I’ve known, seen couples, that NOTHING shows, no sparkle, no tenderness, no concern, no laughter.... sad really, IMO.

Except every time I glance at your avatar, my mind registers Jabba the Hutt. :confused: I have no idea why my mind does what it does sometimes.

Reactions: dev553344

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except every time I glance at your avatar, my mind registers Jabba the Hutt. :confused: I have no idea why my mind does what it does sometimes.

No clue what “Jabba the Hutt” is. Cartoon character?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Lombano

LOL, just looked it up...YIPES...lol what a creepy looking thing. :D
I am probably one person on this plant who Never liked or watched the Stars Wars, movies, toys, stuff...

Reactions: Lambano

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I were to be born in the Middle Ages in Europe during the plague, I would have died but now thanks to vaccines many diseases are cured. So that makes me wonder.
If I was born in Afghanistan I probably would have died for any number of violent-related reasons. That makes me wonder too.
I wonder about stuff like that sometimes. Do you guys ever think of your existence and your time and place in the grander scheme of things?
To me it’s fascinating, mysterious, scary and humbling.

View attachment 19330
I've truly been blessed by God. I live in the USA and in a time when we have meds. If we didn't have doctors I would have died as a child.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No clue what “Jabba the Hutt” is. Cartoon character?
Yes, he is gross isn’t he, could job Lei strangles him !!
No, my daughter doesn’t like the films either…..but me and my sons have always been fans, along with The Lord of the rings.

Rita

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, he is gross isn’t he, could job Lei strangles him !!
No, my daughter doesn’t like the films either…..but me and my sons have always been fans, along with The Lord of the rings.

Rita

I’ve known diehard fans of Star Wars. For me, nah...never watched the Lord of the rings...Harry Potter movies, or read those books....and have known people hook on Night of the living dead, never watch that either....nor Batman movies...not a fan of si-fi...creepy Chucky type movies or even some of the modern Disney, I don’t like nor have watched.
Don’t watch tv, or go to the movies, probably not a-typical. ;)

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes I wonder that when God created us in his image , we were probably a different configuration (In Eden) but when the first sin was committed, then he switched us to a cell-based biological machine.
Maybe before (In Eden) we were a light-based configuration.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You know? For someone with a username QuietThinker, you’d think that you’d have a lot more to say to this existential question, but looks like you’re not thinking much :)
muddled posts, muddled understandings...I suppose these are all the fruit of something :)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have. And I want to be as faithful to my generation as I can be! Someone right here with me today needs God's love, which He has specially equipped me to share with them.

Much love!

Reactions: GaryAnderson