Why is God So Mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
That is a great question for your god, Ducky....why does he throw his children into a lake of fire?
If you believed the Bible you would know why God sends people to Hell.
Of course that is my whole point which you are refusing to acknowledge...too painful?

Oh right, when God does it, it is love!
Where is the love Aspen that you demand from others???

ron

Aug 15, 2011
If you believed the Bible you would know why God sends people to Hell.

Where is the love Aspen that you demand from others???

There is no love in the interpretation of this doctrine....none -that is why it is false. Thanks for making my point.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
There is no love in the interpretation of this doctrine....none -that is why it is false. Thanks for making my point.
This doctrine?:

Matthew 24:37-39 (NKJV)
37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

It's not mine. It's Jesus' doctrine. No interpretation involved.

ron

Aug 15, 2011
This doctrine?:

37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

It's not mine. It's Jesus' doctrine. No interpretation involved.

I was responding to RJP - you are the person who brought up that verse again. Apparently you enjoy derailing threads.

ron

Aug 15, 2011
You replied to me Aspen.

Posted Yesterday, 08:50 PM

[email protected], on 22 August 2011 - 04:40 AM, said:

Apparently you didn't 'get it' even after listening to all those sermons.

THE LAW convicts of sin, while grace provides the ability to repent and accept Christ.

Simple.

That is the way of changing lives. It's worked for thousands of years because that's the way we are.

Have you ever served in the military?
The first thing that's done is to teach the ex-civilian that his way of thinking, acting, doing, and being are all wrong.

"There is the right way and the wrong way and the Marine way."

It is a new way of living from the clothing to the behavior to the goals set for behavior.

And no one EVER became a Marine until he completely and totally turned his back on his civilian life and ways.

Why is this method of training so successful? Because a change of life REQUIRES A CHANGE OF LIVIING.

The news that hell fire awaits ought to be a strong incentive to change one's life, behavior and outlook, unless one is a fool and desires to challenge God; the one who is the keeper of the door to the flames as well as the door to life.

It is never a surprise to hear the incessant prattlings of those who believe that God has somehow made a mistake with heaven and hell.
If we are to be judged accordingly, all would be consigned to the flames. That is justice for no one cares about or seeks God. Not a single soul.

But God is merciful in that He has mingled mercy with grace and has opened the book of life to some.

Apparently that's wrong too.

This is a serious question. Do you treat your creations in the same manner? It is either the RJP way or the pit of fire? Seriously?! Would you kill your children for not believing in your view of God? Or believing and trusting in your position as the head of the household, installed by God? If not, why not?

-Aspen

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Pointing out your stubborn ignorance has nothing to with Jesus's reference to the Flood myth.
No "Flood myth" in the Bible. To call the Flood 'myth' is a lie, unless you have Biblical proof, which I have been asking for for months and you haven't given.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Posted Yesterday, 08:50 PM

[email protected], on 22 August 2011 - 04:40 AM, said:

Apparently you didn't 'get it' even after listening to all those sermons.

THE LAW convicts of sin, while grace provides the ability to repent and accept Christ.

Simple.

That is the way of changing lives. It's worked for thousands of years because that's the way we are.

Have you ever served in the military?
The first thing that's done is to teach the ex-civilian that his way of thinking, acting, doing, and being are all wrong.

"There is the right way and the wrong way and the Marine way."

It is a new way of living from the clothing to the behavior to the goals set for behavior.

And no one EVER became a Marine until he completely and totally turned his back on his civilian life and ways.

Why is this method of training so successful? Because a change of life REQUIRES A CHANGE OF LIVIING.

The news that hell fire awaits ought to be a strong incentive to change one's life, behavior and outlook, unless one is a fool and desires to challenge God; the one who is the keeper of the door to the flames as well as the door to life.

It is never a surprise to hear the incessant prattlings of those who believe that God has somehow made a mistake with heaven and hell.
If we are to be judged accordingly, all would be consigned to the flames. That is justice for no one cares about or seeks God. Not a single soul.

But God is merciful in that He has mingled mercy with grace and has opened the book of life to some.

Apparently that's wrong too.

This is a serious question. Do you treat your creations in the same manner? It is either the RJP way or the pit of fire? Seriously?! Would you kill your children for not believing in your view of God? Or believing and trusting in your position as the head of the household, installed by God? If not, why not?

-Aspen
I replied directly to your replies, except for the one post.

I accept your apology, Ducky.
Didn't give one Aspen.

ron

Aug 15, 2011
I replied directly to your replies, except for the one post.

Didn't give one Aspen.

ron, on 22 August 2011 - 08:50 PM, said:

Would you kill your children for not believing in your view of God?
-Aspen

Are you always in attack mode? That's pretty brutal Aspen. Where's the love???

Where is your response? Did you answer the question I wasn't asking you? I must have missed it! All I see is a rude comment about my post; a misunderstanding of my post; and a taunt.

I accept your apology.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
I accept your apology.
You don't get it. I didn't offer an apology. You should apologize for calling the Bible myth. You should apologize to God. And for being unloving to others as you demand from others.

Are you calling Jesus a liar Aspen? You should APOLOGIZE!!!!!! To Jesus!

ron

Aug 15, 2011
You don't get it. I didn't offer an apology. You should apologize for calling the Bible myth. You should apologize to God. And for being unloving to others as you demand from others.

Are you calling Jesus a liar Aspen? You should APOLOGIZE!!!!!! To Jesus!

I forgave you Ducky.....go in peace.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
I forgave you Ducky.....go in peace.
You forgive me for YOU attacking Jesus? It doesn't work like that Aspen. I suggest that you ask Jesus to forgive you for calling Him, Luke, Matthew, Peter, Jude, the Author of Hebrews, and all those who warned us in the Bible about the Genesis Flood liars.

ron

Aug 15, 2011
You forgive me for YOU attacking Jesus? It doesn't work like that Aspen. I suggest that you ask Jesus to forgive you for calling Him, Luke, Matthew, Peter, Jude, the Author of Hebrews, and all those who warned us in the Bible about the Genesis Flood liars.

1 Thessalonians 5:23
May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
1 Thessalonians 5:23
May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
I don't know who you think you're fooling. You support everyone who attacks the Bible, calling it myth and contradictions. Why would you believe I Th???

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Luke 23:34
Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”
Why would you believe part of Luke but not when Luke wrote about the Flood? Can you say 'contradiction' Aspen?

Luke 17:26-27 (NKJV)
26 And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: 27 They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.

ron

Aug 15, 2011
Why would you believe part of Luke but not when Luke wrote about the Flood? Can you say 'contradiction' Aspen?

Luke 17:26-27 (NKJV)
26 And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: 27 They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
So glad I don't try and know God through the veil of the old testament/covenant or He would honestly seem mean to me still... but when I look at Him through Christ alone I see a perfect revelation of Him and that He is Love...

I love how the divisions are destroyed the closer we come to looking at the Father through Christ alone... that is because divisions are carnal as is everyone who is still trying to see God through the veil... however the veil is removed in Christ and so are the division because there is only one Spirit... and the New Covenant which is by that Spirit... for God is Spirit and we must worship Him in Spirit and Truth... the Spirit and the Truth come through Christ alone... He is the only way to the Father... He is the only way to see the Father isn't mean... that the Father is Love...

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
For the love of corn! Can we have one single thread where you two aren't fighting?????????? Get over it already!