Why were they CHOSEN then SCATTERED and then GATHERED; WHY?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why were they CHOSEN then SCATTERED and then GATHERED; WHY?

(Deu7:6 KJV) For thou art aholy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself,above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

(Deu7:7 KJV) The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

(Deu7:8 KJV) But because theLORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had swornunto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand,and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand ofPharaoh King of Egypt.

(Deu7:9 KJV) Know thereforethat the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepethcovenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandmentsto a thousand generations;

(Deu7:11 KJV) Thou shalttherefore keep the commandments, and the statutes, and the judgments,which I command thee this day, to do them.

(Deu7:12 KJV) Wherefore it shall come to pass, if ye hearken to these judgments, and keep, and do them, that the LORD thy God shall keep unto thee the covenant and the mercy which he swore unto thy fathers:

(Deu7:13 KJV) And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kin,and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee.
------- THEN FOR SOME REASON--------
---------EVERYTHING CHANGED-----------
Why?​
(Ezek 36:17 KJV) Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land,they defiled it by their ..own way and by their doings:their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman.

(Ezek 36:18 KJV) Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon theland, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it.

(Ezek 36:22 KJV) Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Ido not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but formine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among theheathen, whither ye went.

(Ezek 36:24 KJV) For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

(Ezek 36:31 KJV) Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall loathe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.

(Ezek 36:32 KJV) Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, Ohouse of Israel.

What happened/will happen to the chosen ones?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Short answer: The nation of Israel was chosen to be a special people for God, but they generally disobeyed God, and ultimately rejected their Messiah. Hence they were scattered.

However, since God will not break His covenant with Abraham, all Jews will be gathered by Christ at His second coming, and a believing remnant will be redeemed and restored, and placed in a future kingdom of Israel under Christ (beginning with the Millennium).

God made it plain to Israel that it was not for any merit in themselves that He had chosen them. Yet they tried to establish their own righteousness instead of having the righteousness which is by faith in Jesus Christ.

Reactions: Josiah

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Israelites were gathered in 1947 ad. This is, in my opinion, judgement day.

In your own words, are they or are they not obeying Gods teachings?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello, this is an interesting topic, but few actually understand that the prophecy found in Ex 20: 4 - 6 tells us why Israel was scattered at the end of the second age of their existence, not because they rejected their Messiah at the beginning of their third age of existence, but they were rejected because of their continual idolatrous worship during their first two ages of existence. This prophecy then tells us that the visitation of the iniquities of the fathers, i.e. of the first and second age would be visited upon their children and their children's children during the third and the fourth age of their existence. In Daniel 9 : 24, Daniel informed that the Lord was allowing them 490 years in which to repent of their iniquities of idolatry and that after that time the means of gaining forgiveness from God would be changed. Jesus confirmed this 490 years that the Israelites had to repent of their iniquities, after which there would be not more opportunity for them to repent until the fourth age had ended.

It is recorded in the Gospels that Jesus offered to remove from the Israelites of that time, the heavy burden of God's visitation of their iniquities upon them during the third and the fourth age of their existence if they would simply believe in Him, and that His burden upon them would be light. Matt 11:29-30.

The viability of the Sin Offering had cessed at the beginning of the third age as the officiating High Priest was now being appointed by Herod corruptly and was no longer being done in line with the appropriate statues.

Now when we look at what has been posted, we can see that there is a lack of understanding. 1948 was the fulfilment of the Genesis 15:16 prophecy of the descendants of Abraham returning to the land of Canaan in their own strength at a time just before the iniquities of the Amorite people, who live around the edges of the Land of Canaan, come to their full measure, when we consider other prophecies concerning the gathering of Israelites by God in our near future.

One of these prophetic words is Ezekiel 34 : 11-16: -
Ezekiel 34: 11 - 16 : - God, the True Shepherd
11 'For thus says the Lord God: "Indeed I Myself will search for My sheep and seek them out. 12 As a shepherd seeks out his flock on the day he is among his scattered sheep, so will I seek out My sheep and deliver them from all the places where they were scattered on a cloudy and dark day. 13 And I will bring them out from the peoples and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own land; I will feed them on the mountains of Israel, in the valleys and in all the inhabited places of the country. 14 I will feed them in good pasture, and their fold shall be on the high mountains of Israel. There they shall lie down in a good fold and feed in rich pasture on the mountains of Israel. 15 I will feed My flock, and I will make them lie down," says the Lord God. 16 "I will seek what was lost and bring back what was driven away, bind up the broken and strengthen what was sick; but I will destroy the fat and the strong, and feed them in judgment."

But we must be careful in reading too much into verse 13 as there are a number of pictures being given. Where it has been translated as "to their own land," what the Hebrew is actually telling us is, that God intends to restore Israel back into the fertile soil that he had originally planted them in so that they can once more draw sustenance from God's word, the Mountain that will come down out of heaven that becomes the high Mountain in Israel at the time that He begins to draw them to Himself. The verse then goes on to tell us that God will feed them where they are living beside the river valleys in all of the inhabitable places/regions of the whole earth.

When God begins to gather His people from among the people of the earth, He will establish His everlasting Kingdom here on the face of the earth, during the time of those kings, i.e. at the time when God judges the four beasts of Daniel 7: 11 - 12 in Heaven and the kings of the earth on the earth at Armageddon when the fulness in time of the Heathen Gentiles trampling the sanctuary of God for 2,300 years is complete, after which, as Paul tells us in Romans 11: 25 - 26, all of Israel will be saved/redeemed.

When does this happen?

It happens at the end of this present age, which still has a little way to go yet before the visitation of the iniquities of the Fathers on their children and their children's children is complete.

Why is God regathering the descendants of Abraham in our near future?

To become once more a Kingdom of Priests, a Holy nation and His possession among the people of the nations, as foretold in Jer 31: 31 - 34.

The Nation of Israel will have a testimony about God's grace that no other nation will be able to dispute.

Shalom

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Israelites were gathered in 1947 ad. This is, in my opinion, judgement day.
No. They were NOT gathered by Christ but came under the flag of secular Zionism to establish the nation-state of Israel.

Judgment Day is a long day off and has no relevance to this.
In your own words, are they or are they not obeying Gods teachings?
Of course not. They are not obeying the Gospel, which is the first thing that is needed.

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course not. They are not obeying the Gospel, which is the first thing that is needed.

Thank you for your honesty. I beleive you and I will see Israel being judged in our life time, not some distant day in the future but NOW

And from what I have seen they will be judged harshly; bringing this verse into reality-------------

Ezekiel 21:32

Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.

But then again they could repent and ask for forgiveness
Which is a one in a million possibility but still a possibility

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
International law and Israeli settlements

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The international community considers the establishment of Israeli settlements in the Israeli-occupied territories illegal under international law

Numerous UN resolutions have stated that the building and existence of Israeli settlements in the West Bank, East Jerusalem and the Golan Heights are a violation of international law. The reconvened Conference of the High Contracting Parties to the Geneva Conventions has declared the settlements illegal[15] as has the primary judicial organ of the UN, the International Court of Justice[16] and the International Committee of the Red Cross.

The majority of legal scholars hold the settlements to violate international law, while others have offered dissenting views supporting the Israeli position.[2]

https://tinyurl.com/mlf33rf

Personally; I believe these illegal settlements should be bombed out of existence

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The majority of legal scholars hold the settlements to violate international law, while others have offered dissenting views supporting the Israeli position.
That may be so, but where is so-called "international law" when genocides are committed all over the world while the UN stands by, and millions of ILLEGAL migrants pour into the Western world, and the UN not only stands by but encourages this lawlessness?

So there is obviously a double-standard with Israel. Iran can break every international law to arm and fund Hamas, Hezbollah, Al Qaeda, etc. and attack Israel daily. But not a word is said about the violation of international law.

But when Israel annexes territory under the laws of warfare (which has been done by every country), then suddenly "international law" comes to the forefront. What an absolute farce.

What about the illegal takeover of the farms of white South Africans or Rhodesians under black regimes? Where is "international law" at that time?

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about the illegal takeover of the farms of white South Africans or Rhodesians under black regimes? Where is "international law" at that time?

One unjust act does not justify another unjust act. The wanton murder of Palestinian children by IDF snipers is not only a violation of international law is it a barbaric act by barbarians in the 21st century.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
That may be so, but where is so-called "international law" when genocides are committed all over the world while the UN stands by, and millions of ILLEGAL migrants pour into the Western world, and the UN not only stands by but encourages this lawlessness?

So there is obviously a double-standard with Israel. Iran can break every international law to arm and fund Hamas, Hezbollah, Al Qaeda, etc. and attack Israel daily. But not a word is said about the violation of international law.

But when Israel annexes territory under the laws of warfare (which has been done by every country), then suddenly "international law" comes to the forefront. What an absolute farce.

they stole the land from the blacks, same way Israel stole Palestinian land since 1948, and keeps stealing it today under apartheid
with our blessing of course; Israel is a wholly owned subsidiary, should be obvious

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Israel is a wholly owned subsidiary, should be obvious
No. What is obvious is that hatred for Israel dominates the world today. The land of Israel was given to Israel by God, but they were dispersed because of their own sins. However, redeemed and restored Israel will possess the land from the Nile to the Euphrates, because that is what God says.

Reactions: Helen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
One unjust act does not justify another unjust act. The wanton murder of Palestinian children by IDF snipers is not only a violation of international law is it a barbaric act by barbarians in the 21st century.
Looks like you are swallowing the anti-Israel propaganda put out by Hamas hook, line, and sinker.

Do you know that the evil leaders of Hamas pay cash to the Palestinians to make their children cannon fodder so that they can garner sympathy for their evil deeds? That baby who was put on display actually died of a heart attack and was not supposed to be at the border. Read the whole story if you wish.

The Palestinian leaders DO NOT WANT PEACE because they profit from all the killing and destruction while their people suffer.

And people should stop talking about this farcical "international law", which has always had a double-standard. It was never applied when it should have counted, and the UN had dozens of opportunities to apply international law worldwide but did absolutely nothing.

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
How can you "steal" something which is already deeded to you? @bbyrd009
show me the deed then.

and note that if we are going to start counting Israelites in the manner implied, the first thing we gotta do is remove every Israelite that is not pure blooded. Know how many Sephardic Jews there are left? Like about 15 or something. The Kazakhs are in complete control; "Ashkenazi" we call them in this era (they are fascists, and proud of it, so you won't note the knee-jerk telltale i got from kepha etc)

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No. What is obvious is that hatred for Israel dominates the world today. The land of Israel was given to Israel by God, but they were dispersed because of their own sins. However, redeemed and restored Israel will possess the land from the Nile to the Euphrates, because that is what God says.
not all who are descended from Israel are Israel anyway, and wadr you do not know what you are talking about.
The incorporation of "Israel" into a State in 1948 has nothing whatsoever to do with God, unless you spell that Gold Oil and Drugs.
You ever wanna know the truth, just cut off the multi-billion dollar feeding tube.

I have many, hundreds of Jewish friends who all feel the same way, and they demonstrate and even go to jail in Israel just for speaking out against Zionism and the Apartheid that you created and you maintain with your fake money that is really promissory notes, that came from them too.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
show me the deed then.

and note that if we are going to start counting Israelites in the manner implied, the first thing we gotta do is remove every Israelite that is not pure blooded. Know how many Sephardic Jews there are left? Like about 15 or something. The Kazakhs are in complete control; "Ashkenazi" we call them in this era (they are fascists, and proud of it, so you won't note the knee-jerk telltale i got from kepha etc)

Well, I have to admit, when you bring it down to who really does have true Jewish blood ...and of Isaac then yes, I get your argument.

So that takes me back again to "in Christ there is neither male or female, Jew or gentile! ".... hmmm
Yes, this is one of the places I have no firm belief system... I guess because I don't feel passionately about it either way.
The children of the Spirit are more important than the children of the flesh.
Except he cut covenant with Abraham...He promised him the Land...and he promised David someone to sit on the throne forever. ( unless that was a reference to Jesus? )

I must say, I am pretty wishy washy on this. ha!

Reactions: bbyrd009