You are Jesus' friend if:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you want to be Jesus' friend? Most of us do, many think we are already his friend.
Jesus stated frankly: (John 15:14) . . .You are my friends if you do what I am commanding you.
Jesus commanded a lot of things, and even more commandments are found given to Jesus' friends throughout the rest of the New Testament.

What are some of these commandments that you appreciate putting into practice?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you want to be Jesus' friend? Most of us do, many think we are already his friend.
Jesus stated frankly: (John 15:14) . . .You are my friends if you do what I am commanding you.
Jesus commanded a lot of things, and even more commandments are found given to Jesus' friends throughout the rest of the New Testament.

What are some of these commandments that you appreciate putting into practice?
I only use the word "commandment" for the Ten Commandments and the two great ones.

God and Jesus say other things that help define the commandments, I think. For example: "Don't fornicate, look lustfully at people, or engage in homosexual behavior" would help define "adultery," I think.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I only use the word "commandment" for the Ten Commandments and the two great ones.

God and Jesus say other things that help define the commandments, I think. For example: "Don't fornicate, look lustfully at people, or engage in homosexual behavior" would help define "adultery," I think.

To me Bob, all God's laws are commandments, not negotiable sir. Give you an example:
(Hebrews 10:24, 25) . . .And let us consider one another so as to incite to love and fine works, 25 not forsaking our meeting together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as you see the day drawing near.

Commandment, or suggestion?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me Bob, all God's laws are commandments, not negotiable sir. Give you an example:
(Hebrews 10:24, 25) . . .And let us consider one another so as to incite to love and fine works, 25 not forsaking our meeting together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as you see the day drawing near.

God gave decrees, ordinances, statutes, and whatnot. Apparently you call them all commandments. Are you sure you are obeying each?
There's some sacrificing of bulls and doves, if I remember correctly, and observing festivals, and going to the priests if you have some sort of outbreak on your skin, and things like that.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God gave decrees, ordinances, statutes, and whatnot. Apparently you call them all commandments. Are you sure you are obeying each?
There's some sacrificing of bulls and doves, if I remember correctly, and observing festivals, and going to the priests if you have some sort of outbreak on your skin, and things like that.
And grain offerings and wave offerings.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And grain offerings and wave offerings.
And convocations.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“You know the commandments: `Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honor your father and mother.'" Luke 18:20 RSV

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Are you caught up on your sin offerings?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus was the end of the Law Bob Rom 10:4. We are under a new law, the law of the Christ Gal 6:2. Do I live up to them, no sir. But with the exception of 1 time, I have been able to stave off serious sins, by serious I mean sins that if you practice them you will not inherit the Kingdom of God, some are itemized at 1 Cor 6:9,10

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was the end of the Law Bob Rom 10:4. We are under a new law, the law of the Christ Gal 6:2. Do I live up to them, no sir. But with the exception of 1 time, I have been able to stave off serious sins, by serious I mean sins that if you practice them you will not inherit the Kingdom of God, some are itemized at 1 Cor 6:9,10
Remember this:

Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfil them. Matthew 5:17 RSV

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Answered in another post, were you aware that you could have added that into your other post Bob? It is easy, just click on the edit.
I could have added it to the previous post, but had you already read the previous post, you never would have read what I added.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember this:

Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfil them. Matthew 5:17 RSV

When was the last time you and your family went to Jerusalem to sacrifice in the temple? You see sir, that is why it is necessary to understand the law and requirements. Jesus was the end of the Law, Christians live under a new law, although many of the laws of the Law covenant have been carried over to Christians, but you have to know those laws Bob. Would you be interested in a Bible study, would be glad to conduct, or get someone in your area to call on you, just make your desires known in my inbox, and I will give you my contact info if you desire.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could have added it to the previous post, but had you already read the previous post, you never would have read what I added.

I read most all that is directed to me unless they are more than 3 paragraphs or several different topics. I just wanted to let you know in case you didn't because you had several posts on the same topic.

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"End" in this verse does NOT mean "termination." It means "objective."

The same word is used in 1 Peter 1:9. By your reckoning, salvation is the termination of your faith.

There is no "new law of the Christ." The Law of Messiah is the same Law we have always had.

John 14:10
John 12:49-50

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When was the last time you and your family went to Jerusalem to sacrifice in the temple? You see sir, that is why it is necessary to understand the law and requirements. Jesus was the end of the Law, Christians live under a new law, although many of the laws of the Law covenant have been carried over to Christians, but you have to know those laws Bob. Would you be interested in a Bible study, would be glad to conduct, or get someone in your area to call on you, just make your desires known in my inbox, and I will give you my contact info if you desire.
Their are decrees, ordinances, statutes, and commandments. I'd advise you not to put everything God said under the heading of "commandment." Jesus said, "You know the commandments ..."

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read most all that is directed to me unless they are more than 3 paragraphs or several different topics. I just wanted to let you know in case you didn't because you had several posts on the same topic.
That's because I kept thinking of new things to say.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To forgive seventy times seven times. That's why Jesus died for the forgiveness of sin. When we do that our life conforms to His.

Hi Eloy, nice speaking with you sir. That is a very good verse to post, most Bibles render that seventy times seven, which of course is a lot more times, and I think a more accurate rendering, but the point is really to be limitless in your forgiveness. I find this hard to do, but you are correct it is one of the laws given to Christians, and rather beneficial for us as well, as the degree of forgiveness we extend, we can expect to receive from God Mat 6:12,15

That is what I like about this site, always meeting new ones.

Reactions: EloyCraft

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"End" in this verse does NOT mean "termination." It means "objective."

The same word is used in 1 Peter 1:9. By your reckoning, salvation is the termination of your faith.

There is no "new law of the Christ." The Law of Messiah is the same Law we have always had.

John 14:10
John 12:49-50

Sorry Happy, we must disagree, when was the last time you went to Jerusalem to make your sacrifices? Perhaps this explanation from Paul might help:
(Romans 6:14) . . .For sin must not be master over you, seeing that you are not under law but under undeserved kindness.
(Romans 7:6) . . .now we have been released from the Law, because we have died to that which restrained us, in order that we might be slaves in a new sense by the spirit and not in the old sense by the written code.
(Galatians 3:11-13) . . .it is evident that by law no one is declared righteous with God, because “the righteous one will live by reason of faith.” 12 Now the Law is not based on faith. Rather, “anyone who does these things will live by means of them.” 13 Christ purchased us, releasing us from the curse of the Law by becoming a curse instead of us, because it is written: “Accursed is every man hung upon a stake.”

Christians are still under laws, and many of them were included in the Law covenant given through Moses, but many are not as well.