• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-

1 Thessalonians 4:1. """Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more."""
-
-
This beautiful verse from God through Paul tells you 2 important things..
It tells you that there is a "walk" that is the correct walk of faith that pleases God, and this means there is a faith walk that is incorrect, and will not please God.
Also, this verse connects spiritually to Hebrews 11:6. "without faith its impossible to please God.""

So, some of you, are interested in pleasing God.
Some of you have nothing to do, so you show up or live on forums to fight and cause chaos and try to sound "smart" and "theologically deep".
So, for the benefit of those who want to please God lets look at these verses.

Notice that the information that you are to apply as your walk of faith has been "RECEIVED" according to 1 Thess 4:1.
And how is that? Its by the teaching of Paul. Who is the "gentile apostle", and we are currently in the "time of the gentiles".
So, when you are interested and truly devoted to pleasing God, you will find out how to do it and you'll do it.
Go directly to Paul and find your WAY.

So, what is "received" = that is how to please God?
Well, first, its to know that without faith its impossible to please God.
Your works dont' please God, they just make you obvious to others... "by your fruit you shall know them"..."by unfeigned love of the brethren"... and this is how people rate you, and Christians discern you, and as James says...this is for the benefit of other people.
Or as James teaches..>"i will show YOU my faith".....not God, but other people, so that they can see that your faith is not "dead".

Commandment keeping does not please God. FAITH pleases God.
What type?
The type that understands how to exist within God's Kingdom, perfectly, in perfect understanding.
What is all this???
This is your original faith, when you first believed, and God accepted your faith, and gave you the "new birth". "Justification BY Faith"
And then there is your discipleship, that is the daily walking out the "working out your Salvation in awe and wonder".
And the main thing to understand about this, Saint.... is that Christians fail to walk a good Life of Faith because they are trying to do it by will power and self effort, instead of doing it by faith that is pleasing to God, which is to believe right.
Saint, you can't walk a perfected discipleship or withstand the devil's plan for you, unless you understand that everything that is related to how you overcome and how you sustain the Victory "in Christ", is based only in the Spiritual mind of Right Believing.
The Spiritual mind is the mind of Christ, that is "renewed". Romans 12:2
And when you have this mind, you have stopped "walking in the flesh" ...and this means that the sinning and repenting issue you have, will cease.
"if you walk in the Spirit (Right MIND) you will not sin"..."not commit works of the Flesh"

So, what is the GOAL that God has given you that you are to attain on earth by becoming zero flesh and all Spiritual Mind?
Its this...>"the PRIZE of the High Calling of God in Christ".
Now notice where this "prize" is located. Its located "in Christ".
The "high calling" is to arrive to one simple thing...
"The fullness of the Stature of Christ". Ephesians 4:13
That is where you are supposed to EXIT in REAL FAITH that is RIGHT BELIEVING.
If you are worrying about 1 John 1:9, and repenting, then you are definitely not there, are you.

And what is that Prize that is the ARRIVAL of this fullness of the Stature of Jesus? Its this place of Spirituality. Galatians 2:20
"it is not I who live, but CHRIST Who lives IN ME"..
That is where you are to be....to exist, as that is the PRIZE for every believer to come into, on EARTH, by Right Believing.

Right Believing is to exist in the Mind of Christ, which is to Walk in the Spirit.
This is not repenting and confessing and doing it wrong for 40 yrs.
This is not to worry about losing your salvation and obsess on commandments for 50 yrs.
See, that stuff is YOUR MIND, and that is carnal, walking in the flesh.
What is Carnal?
Everything that isn't God's mind or God's perspective.
Its the Human point of view, the HUMAN reasoning, the HUMAN secular understanding that tries to understand all things of GOD by the HUMAN comprehension point of view.
And that is not possible , tho many try it and to prove it you have 42,000 denominations instead of one "body of Christ" who all believe right.
You cannot understand God or understand God's Grace, or understand how to please God, by your opinion, or your reasoning power or your carnal mind.

Saint....God exists in the Spiritual Realm. God is A Spirit. And we who have been born again into God's Spirit, must learn how to exist in a "like" mind. The mind of Christ. ='"walking in the Spirit".

How do you start?

Its just 3 simple things you have to BELIEVE.. and once you really believe them......and not just understand them to be true.......understand?
When you leave the "i see that"...and enter the "I TRUST THAT", realm, then you have Rightly Believed.

Here they are..

1. Based only on the blood of Jesus, you are always kept in perfect PEACE with God, at all times, no matter what you do. Romans 5:1

2. Your Salvation is a Gift from God to you, and you will never be parted from it. Not ever, for any reason. Romans 5:17

3. All your sin is forgiven. Past, present, future. Colossians 2:13

So, Saint, depending on how far you are from believing those 3 simple Spiritual truths is exactly how far you have to go in your walk of Faith to please God with Real Faith in Christ, which then will become your REST from SELF...= and your entrance into the place of perfected Discipleship. The right MIND....."walking in the Spirit" "in Christ".

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of you have nothing to do, so you show up or live on forums to fight and cause chaos and try to sound "smart" and "theologically deep".

I know that this was intended as a slam specifically against me, because I know that I do sound "smart" and "theologically deep" (because I have an extensive knowledge of the holy scriptures and this becomes evident by what I post). But just know that my motivation for being here is not for personal acclaim. I desire the salvation of souls; and I desire to protect the souls of those already saved.

This is your original faith, when you first believed, and God accepted your faith, and gave you the "new birth". "Justification BY Faith"

Here you contradict yourself, @Behold; because you said elsewhere that I falsely teach that we are saved "by" faith, and that in all reality we are saved "through" faith.

f you are worrying about 1 John 1:9, and repenting, then you are definitely not there, are you.

We are not to cut 1 John 1:9 out of our Bible with scissors as though it were not a part of God's word. The verse in question is not something that I really "worry about". It is something that is given to me as provision in the case that I sin and become separated from God (Isaiah 59:2) as concerning relationship/ koinoneia fellowship / connectedness.

2. Your Salvation is a Gift from God to you, and you will never be parted from it. Not ever, for any reason. Romans 5:17

Yes indeed; and Romans 11:29 is also a powerful proof that once genuine salvation is given to a man, he cannot lose it. For salvation is a gift.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I know that this was intended as a slam specifically against me, because I know that I do sound "smart" and "theologically deep"

I can't agree with you.
You post and a good percent of the time your verses have no relevance related to your theology.
You show up on all my Threads because you are not able to create your own, unless you Thread about me.
So, that is your "smart" and "deep".
You once told me that every new believer should read Hebrews, after i said this book will destroy your faith unless a good teacher leads you through it..., and weeks later you stated HERE that this indeed happened to you that Hebrews harmed YOU....... Yet here you were arguing with me about it.
Thats amazing pride driven carnality ......thats nothing less, then....>"well, let me contradict behold no matter what"..
So, that is HOW YOU BEHAVE here.
You live on my Threads, and you now rewrite some of my theology as yours......and thats fine by me, as this way you have at least that part right.

You are obsessively adamant to be noticed, that is true.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You show up on all my Threads because you are not able to create your own, unless you Thread about me.

I have indeed created my own thread. It is a commentary on Romans. I go back and post in it from time to time (will post a link shortly). I don't create a million threads; but I tend to post in my Romans thread the teaching of the Lord concerning scripture as I go through it verse by verse and chapter by chapter.

Commentary on Romans.

I have been posting a new post in this thread about once every two weeks ever since I started the thread. I take my time going through the book. I want to absorb what I can of scripture in my devotional times so that I can give more accurate understanding when I do post.

You once told me that every new believer should read Hebrews, after i said this book will destroy your faith unless a good teacher leads you through it..., and weeks later you stated HERE that this indeed happened to you that Hebrews harmed YOU....... Yet here you were arguing with me about it.
Thats amazing pride driven carnality ......

While Hebrews 6 and 10 did afflict me spiritually, it also did preserve me. The threat that if I truly fell away, I would never be able to return, served as a motivation to keep seeking the Lord and to not give up on the salvation already given me.

You should read what it says in Psalms 105:17-19. The word of the LORD tried Joseph just as it has tried me (especially Hebrews 6 and 10); so that God has even worked out for the good the struggles that I have had because pf these passages.

The word of the Lord will never return void. And all of it is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness.

You live on my Threads, and you now rewrite some of my theology as yours......

My theology has always been my own and Christ's. From the beginning I have agreed with some of what you say....and have even mentioned that this is the case. You give yourself too much credit. You should look at the dates on the thread that I have posted to you above...I believe that you will see that some of "your theology" was preached by me even before you showed up on these boards.

Also here:

Wet Paint Principle (Freedom)

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
While Hebrews 6 and 10 did afflict me spiritually, it also did preserve me. The threat that if I truly fell away, I would never be able to return,

As i told you when i first posted to you,.. Hebrews ruined your faith.
It caused you to believe that you can lose your salvation, and once that happened, you became a Legalist.
Hebrews ruined your spiritual mind, and you will never be free from what it has done to you... unless you listen to me a LOT.
Even yrs later, you are in public talking about how the epistle has caused you to fear hell.....so, out of this fear, you try to live out your Christianity.
That is total BONDAGE, and that epistle did this to you.

In your case now, you are a theological hybrid ....... as you will teach OSAS, then you will instantly contradict it, as have in this post, by saying that you believe that HEBREWS has caused you to fear you can lose your salvation, so now you are trying to not lose it.
Trying to not lose is, is to put faith in (SELF) = what you do to not lose it, and. that is ZERO faith in Christ to keep you saved.

Stay out of Hebrews.
As i told you.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As i told you when i first posted to you,.. Hebrews ruined your faith.
It caused you to believe that you can lose your salvation, and once that happened, you became a Legalist.

No. At first Hebrews 6:1-8 caused me much distress and fear (see Psalms 105:17-19); but later on I came to realize that Hebrews 6:9-20 teaches us that we have Jesus as an anchor of the soul and that as long as we cling to Him we cannot lose our salvation.

I am no legalist. I do preach the law as a schoolmaster to lead men to Christ; and you mistake this for legalism. But in my own life, I know that I am saved solely and completely through thee grace of God; and those who listen to me for an extended period will also come into a salvation that is solely and completely by grace.

Even yrs later, you are in public talking about how the epistle has caused you to fear hell.....

Where have I said that? Please use the quote feature.

In your case now, you are a theological hybrid ....... as you will teach OSAS, then you will instantly contradict it, as have in this post, by saying that you believe that HEBREWS has caused you to fear you can lose your salvation, so now you are trying to not lose it.

The Bible teaches us, in Jeremiah 32:38-40 (kjv), that if we fear the LORD, we will never walk away from Him. This is in answer to the contention against eternal security that some people bring up with John 10:27-30; where they say that yes, no one can snatch you out of His hand; but you can walk away.

I teach that the fear of the Lord is a factor that keeps people from waling away (again, see Jeremiah 32:38-40 (kjv), Psalms 19:9 (kjv))

Stay out of Hebrews.
As i told you.

All scripture is inspired of the Lord; and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16).

All the negative effect that Hebrews can have on me, it has already had; and now that I am over it my faith is stronger. See Psalms 105:17-19). I have no regrets over having read the book of Hebrews early on. The years that the locusts have eaten, the Lord has promised to restore; and to pour out a blessing of wine and oil.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No. At first Hebrews 6:1-8 caused me much distress and fear (see Psalms 105:17-19); but later on I came to realize .

Here is what i realize.
You will say..."i have indwelling sin", and then when i remind you, you'll try to dodge that you said it.
You will say....."its OK for a brand new believer to study HEBREWS right away".. then you'll say..>"hebrews messed up. my mind, messed up my faith"... And then when i say.....why would you want a new believer to be faith destroyed like you are, do to not being able to deal with Hebrews, you'll then say something else that is spiritually stupid.
So, im just going to let you stay there, as that is where you exist, and posting 100 more posts to me, does not help you.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is what i realize.
You will say..."i have indwelling sin", and then when i remind you, you'll try to dodge that you said it.
You will say....."its OK for a brand new believer to study HEBREWS right away".. then you'll say..>"hebrews messed up. my mind, messed up my faith"... And then when i say.....why would you want a new believer to be faith destroyed like you are, do to not being able to deal with Hebrews, you'll then say something else that is spiritually stupid.
So, im just going to let you stay there, as that is where you exist, and posting 100 more posts to me, does not help you.

Here is what it says in the passage in question:

Psa 105:17, He sent a man before them, even Joseph, who was sold for a servant:
Psa 105:18, Whose feet they hurt with fetters: he was laid in iron:
Psa 105:19, Until the time that his word came: the word of the LORD tried him.

No, reading the book of Hebrews did not destroy my faith; it made my faith stronger. While reading it definitely tried my faith.

As for indwelling sin; the reality is that the biblical teaching is simple, but few seem to be able to grasp it.

We all have indwelling sin; but it does not have to rule over our behaviour; for it can be mortified / put to death (Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8, Romans 8:12-13) so that it no longer has any authority over what we do.

This is not a "dodge" as you say; it is the clear teaching of holy scripture on the matter.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Here is what it says in the passage in question:

Psa 105:17, He sent a man before them, even Joseph, who was sold for a servant:
Psa 105:18, Whose feet they hurt with fetters: he was laid in iron:
Psa 105:19, Until the time that his word came: the word of the LORD tried him.

No, reading the book of Hebrews did not destroy my faith; it made my faith stronger. While reading it definitely tried my faith.

Again quoting the Old Testament to try to deny Paul's doctrine.
Also, your faith is that, as long as you dont' "waver", you wont burn in the lake of fire.
Your faith is in yourself.
I told you to stay out of Hebrews, as this epistle has removed your trust in the Gift of God.
You are "Not wavering" to try to Stay Saved.
= Christ rejection. = Legalsim.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again quoting the Old Testament to try to deny Paul's doctrine.

What;s wrong with the Old Testament? I believe that Paul was speaking of the Old Testament when he said the following:

2Ti 3:16, All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17, That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Also, please explain how it is that you think that I am denying Paul's doctrine in what I have said.

Also, your faith is that, as long as you dont' "waver", you wont burn in the lake of fire.
Your faith is in yourself.

I have explained this before, and it is not tedious for me to explain it again. The fact that my faith does not waver has nothing to do with self-effort. Faith is a fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) and a gift of the Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:9). And I am sealed by the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13-14, 2 Corinthians 1:22, 2 Corinthians 5:5) because my faith is unto righteousness (Romans 10:10) and enduring to the end (Matthew 10:22, Hebrews 3:6, Hebrews 3:14). It is an everlasting faith that has an affect on my behaviour, is what I am saying. My endurance and change of life has nothing to do with the attempting; but everything to do with the fact that I have a certain type of faith. My faith is not in myself; and my faith is not in my faith. But the faith that I have is the type of faith that both produces a change of life and also is everlasting.

I told you to stay out of Hebrews, as this epistle has removed your trust in the Gift of God.
You are "Not wavering" to try to Stay Saved.
= Christ rejection. = Legalsim.

Here is the scripture that I was referring to:

Rom 4:20, He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;
Rom 4:21, And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.
Rom 4:22, And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.

I know that I am justified by faith; and my faith in the promises (such as 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24, Hebrews 10:14, and 1 John 3:9) is something that must not waver (I must not stagger at the promise of the Lord through unbelief) if I am going to obtain those promises.

However, if you would look at Romans 2:28-29 and Romans 4:11, I believe that you will see that spiritual circumcision of the heart is not a requirement to have God's righteousness imputed to you. And the promises in question are promises that promise the circumcision of the heart. In order to receive that circumcision, my faith must not waver. But God's righteousness can be imputed to me even if I never in this life receive those promises; even if I never receive heart circumcision.

If you study Romans 3:19 in conjunction with Romans 6:14 I think you might get the picture. To be circumcised spiritually means that you are under the law to Christ. But we can have freedom from sin even though not under the law to Christ (spiritually uncircumcised); because in that, we are not under the law, the law does not any longer say about us what it says about us in Romans 3:10-18, if we are under it.

Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything; but faith which worketh by love, and a new creation. You may have to do a study on the terminology to get a better understanding. But this is my teaching on it for now. I may give more on the subject at another time.

Last edited: