• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The year 1878 was a turning point in the history of Israel. The land was in the hands of the Ottoman Empire governed from Turkey, but that empire was in decline especially following the Russo‑Turkish War from 1877 to 1878. This necessitated the Congress of Berlin in 1878 when Benjamin Disraeli led the British delegation. It was also the year the first Jewish kibbutz was set up and chronologically marked out for return of favour to Israel.

The Congress of Berlin ran from 13 June to 13 July. Disraeli attended with future prime ministers Lord Salisbury and Salisbury’s nephew Arthur Balfour. The latter would later be known for the 1917 Balfour declaration to establish a homeland for the Jews in Israel. Participating nations included Greece, the Ottoman Empire (Turkey) and Russia. Russia had won that war but support by Britain helped the Ottomans maintain control by allowing the Jews and other minorities to have rights not only in the land of Israel but places like Romania, Serbia and Russia as well as Turkey and Greece.

A request was placed directly to the Congress for the "Jews in Palestine" to be given their independence. Although this was not part of the discussion at the Congress itself.

The first kibbutz Petah Tikva was established in 1878. It was inland from modern‑day Tel Aviv. Initially there were problems with the land there which only really thrived once the land was extensively cleared to make it habitable. It certainly was a landmark moment.

In December of this year Naphtali Imber wrote the poem ‘Hatikvah’ which became the Israeli national anthem. The chorus is as follows:

"Our hope is not yet lost,
The ancient hope,
To return to the land of our fathers,
The city where David encamped."

Chronologically it fits. Isaiah 40:2 says "Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the LORD’S hand double for all her sins." Jeremiah was given the same message about the time "first I will recompense their iniquity and their sin double; because they have defiled my land, they have filled mine inheritance with the carcases of their detestable and abominable things." (Jer.16:18) This idea of a double means an equal period of time one of favour and a second one of disfavour. 1813 BC marks the death of Jacob whose name was changed to "Israel" when then the twelve sons of Israel formed the nation albeit they were living in Egypt. 1845 years mark the period from Jesus’ death in 33 A.D. to 1878.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The year 1878 was a turning point in the history of Israel. The land was in the hands of the Ottoman Empire governed from Turkey, but that empire was in decline especially following the Russo‑Turkish War from 1877 to 1878. This necessitated the Congress of Berlin in 1878 when Benjamin Disraeli led the British delegation. It was also the year the first Jewish kibbutz was set up and chronologically marked out for return of favour to Israel.

The Congress of Berlin ran from 13 June to 13 July. Disraeli attended with future prime ministers Lord Salisbury and Salisbury’s nephew Arthur Balfour. The latter would later be known for the 1917 Balfour declaration to establish a homeland for the Jews in Israel. Participating nations included Greece, the Ottoman Empire (Turkey) and Russia. Russia had won that war but support by Britain helped the Ottomans maintain control by allowing the Jews and other minorities to have rights not only in the land of Israel but places like Romania, Serbia and Russia as well as Turkey and Greece.

A request was placed directly to the Congress for the "Jews in Palestine" to be given their independence. Although this was not part of the discussion at the Congress itself.

The first kibbutz Petah Tikva was established in 1878. It was inland from modern‑day Tel Aviv. Initially there were problems with the land there which only really thrived once the land was extensively cleared to make it habitable. It certainly was a landmark moment.

In December of this year Naphtali Imber wrote the poem ‘Hatikvah’ which became the Israeli national anthem. The chorus is as follows:

The ancient hope,

Chronologically it fits. Isaiah 40:2 says "Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the LORD’S hand double for all her sins." Jeremiah was given the same message about the time "first I will recompense their iniquity and their sin double; because they have defiled my land, they have filled mine inheritance with the carcases of their detestable and abominable things." (Jer.16:18) This idea of a double means an equal period of time one of favour and a second one of disfavour. 1813 BC marks the death of Jacob whose name was changed to "Israel" when then the twelve sons of Israel formed the nation albeit they were living in Egypt. 1845 years mark the period from Jesus’ death in 33 A.D. to 1878.
Thanks for sharing some of the history in this. I usually only think of the Balfour Declaration, and the aid to Britain made by the Jew Chaim Weizmann in WW1. Creating a "national home for the Jews" in Palestine began with about 1% of the population being Jewish to the present Jewish State.

After the end of Ottoman control over the area there emerged all of the disputes by Christian nations and Muslim nations. It seems to have required, for the Jews, a "dividing of the Red Sea" in order to give them both a home and a State.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
because they have defiled my land, they have filled mine inheritance with the carcases of their detestable and abominable things."
So; have the Jews stopped doing this?

I note that the Hatikvah never mentions God,
The fact is; the mixed race peoples who currently occupy a small part of the Holy Land, are not the people God wants in His Land. Jeremiah 12:14 is one of the many Prophesies which tell how they and their evil neighbours will be removed and only allowed to join as Jesus believers, with their Christian brethren.

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So; have the Jews stopped doing this?

I note that the Hatikvah never mentions God,
The fact is; the mixed race peoples who currently occupy a small part of the Holy Land, are not the people God wants in His Land. Jeremiah 12:14 is one of the many Prophesies which tell how they and their evil neighbours will be removed and only allowed to join as Jesus believers, with their Christian brethren.
Let's not forget all the promises to Israel as a people and a nation that have yet to be fulfilled, and in no way can be fulfilled by any other people but the Jews. This is Biblical, not replacement theology.

Reactions: marks

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's not forget all the promises to Israel as a people and a nation that have yet to be fulfilled, and in no way can be fulfilled by any other people but the Jews. This is Biblical, not replacement theology.
Israel is currently testing DNA of all wanting to immigrate. They use their own labs with experts to see how Jewish the population is. The Ashkenazi Jews have a genetic marker that's unmistakable, because they originate from the middle east. Israel's population is majority Ashkenazi.

Reactions: RR144

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Israel is currently testing DNA of all wanting to immigrate
Hmmm. Not quite. From Does Israel still have the DNA test for new immigrants to prove Jewish ancestry?
In summary, it is not that immigrants have to prove their Jewishness by DNA in order to immigrate into Israel as the question seems to suggest. Rather a small percentage of Jews without sufficient documentation who want to get married in Israel are permitted to try bolstering their Jewish status credentials with a DNA test

Another profound excerpt from the cite above:
It is an astounding fact, and alas a sad historical indictment of centuries of murderous persecutions against Jewish in Europe, that 40% of all Ashkenazi Jews are descended from just 4 (!) Jewish females who lived in Europe around a thousand years go.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm. Not quite. From Does Israel still have the DNA test for new immigrants to prove Jewish ancestry?
In summary, it is not that immigrants have to prove their Jewishness by DNA in order to immigrate into Israel as the question seems to suggest. Rather a small percentage of Jews without sufficient documentation who want to get married in Israel are permitted to try bolstering their Jewish status credentials with a DNA test

Another profound excerpt from the cite above:
It is an astounding fact, and alas a sad historical indictment of centuries of murderous persecutions against Jewish in Europe, that 40% of all Ashkenazi Jews are descended from just 4 (!) Jewish females who lived in Europe around a thousand years go.
Yes I knew that astounding fact. It came from a massacre, and 4 were all that survived. This was during the first crusade. 23andme genetic site was hacked. Did you hear about that? Mainly the identities of 1 million Ashkenazi Jews were taken. I wander who wanted that info.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
They are all completely fulfilled in Christ. 2 Corinthians 1:20

Is any Jew's physical DNA replaced? No.

Is room at the Cross for any Jew replaced? No.

Is any Jew's opportunity to receive Christ replaced? No.

So what is replaced, and who or what has replaced it?

Last edited:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The Promises of God are to the descendants of Abraham, to every individual who has the faith and trust that Abraham had. Galatians 3:26-29
So; unless you rip Ephesians 2:11-18 out of your Bible, any claims of belonging to a special race, is of no value.
Not another anti-semitic racist.
No; Just a believer in the Words of Jesus,
....those who were born to the Kingdom, will be thrown out ..... Matthew 8:12
The Kingdom will be taken from you and given to a people who bear the proper fruit. Matthew 21:43
Those who call themselves Jews, but are not; they belong to the synagogue of Satan. Revelation 2:9b

Those who think the Lord is going to redeem a people who have rejected Jesus for 2000 years, are sadly mistaken. Over 20 Prophesies tell of their virtual demise, Isaiah 6:11-13, and only a remnant will survive. Romans 9:27

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who think God will not redeem his own people are sadly mistaken. What Does the Parable of the Fig Tree Have to Do with Israel?

The parables Christ repeatedly speaks are all given to show the Kingdom of God that was long awaited has come. At His coming Christ ushered in the Kingdom of God. That the Kingdom of God had come through Christ, was not realized by the nation of Israel because they were looking for a physical Kingdom like that of King David of Old. The parables Christ spoke that they might know He had come in His Kingdom, but only those having ears to hear would understand the Kingdom Christ brought is not a physical Kingdom but a spiritual Kingdom. Christ tells us the only way to both know and enter the Kingdom of God we must be born again of His Spirit.

Christ tells His disciples a parable of the fig tree. The tree they had heard Christ curse, saying never again will there be fruit on the fig tree. Then Christ says the way His disciples would know the spiritual Kingdom of God had come to them was by seeing fruit once again on the fig tree He had recently cursed. Israel as the representation of the spiritual Kingdom of God on earth was cursed and the Kingdom of God was taken from them, except for the small remnant according to election of grace. Paul writes of them in Romans.

When the disciples faithfully proclaimed the Gospel of the Kingdom of God through the power of the Holy Spirit, first to the Jews, and witnessed elect Jews of Israel turning to Christ in faith, believing Christ to be the promised Messiah/Redeemer the prophets of Old foretell would come, the disciples would understand the parable of the fig tree having signs of life was fulfilled.

The parable of the fig tree beginning to show signs of life makes no sense if we try to place the fulfillment at the end of this age. The parable was not given that they, living in the first century AD would know the coming again of the Lord was near and even at the door. It was given that they and every disciple coming after them might know the Kingdom of God has come, and that we should not be looking for a physical Kingdom of God to come upon this earth, because the Kingdom of God is a spiritual Kingdom that is within you.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The ancient hope,

Do not know where you got that date for Jacobs' death, but reliable Jewish sources place his death c. 1500-1510 B.C. The oldest source being Seder OLAM Rabbah

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Those who think God will not redeem his own people are sadly mistaken. What Does the Parable of the Fig Tree Have to Do with Israel?
God will redeem His own people. The apostate and Jesus rejecting people who call themselves Jews, are not His people.
Prophesies like Ezekiel 21:1-7, tell of their virtual demise.
A real Jew, in Gods eyes, is one who is circumcised of the heart. Romans 2:29 Faithful Christian believers -NOW.

I know the doctrine of a Jewish redemption is widely held, as a part of the rapture to heaven of the Church. But the Prophesies never say any more than a remnant, Romans 9:27 or a holy seed; Isaiah 6:11-13, will survive.
The Prophesies never say that God will take the Church to heaven. Eventually God will come to us on the new earth. Revelation 21:1-7

Reactions: covenantee and rwb

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God will redeem His own people. The apostate and Jesus rejecting people who call themselves Jews, are not His people.
Prophesies like Ezekiel 21:1-7, tell of their virtual demise.
A real Jew, in Gods eyes, is one who is circumcised of the heart. Romans 2:29 Faithful Christian believers -NOW.

I know the doctrine of a Jewish redemption is widely held, as a part of the rapture to heaven of the Church. But the Prophesies never say any more than a remnant, Romans 9:27 or a holy seed; Isaiah 6:11-13, will survive.
The Prophesies never say that God will take the Church to heaven. Eventually God will come to us on the new earth. Revelation 21:1-7
Welll Having taught Eschatology for over 35 years and having garnered a rather large collection of end times writings from many persuasions, I never heard Jewish salvation ever was part of the rapture.

Paul in romans 11 says all Israel will be saved. and Scripture even declares how many that is 1/3 of Israel that goes intot he 70th week of Daniel.

Zechariah 13:8-9

King James Version

8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.
9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.

Ezekiel 20:33-38

King James Version

33 As I live, saith the Lord God, surely with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out, will I rule over you:
34 And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.
35 And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people, and there will I plead with you face to face.
36 Like as I pleaded with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so will I plead with you, saith the Lord God.
37 And I will cause you to pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant:
38 And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me: I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn, and they shall not enter into the land of Israel: and ye shall know that I am the Lord.

When god makes a covenant- He keeps it.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The parables Christ repeatedly speaks are all given to show the Kingdom of God that was long awaited has come. At His coming Christ ushered in the Kingdom of God. That the Kingdom of God had come through Christ, was not realized by the nation of Israel because they were looking for a physical Kingdom like that of King David of Old. The parables Christ spoke that they might know He had come in His Kingdom, but only those having ears to hear would understand the Kingdom Christ brought is not a physical Kingdom but a spiritual Kingdom. Christ tells us the only way to both know and enter the Kingdom of God we must be born again of His Spirit.

Christ tells His disciples a parable of the fig tree. The tree they had heard Christ curse, saying never again will there be fruit on the fig tree. Then Christ says the way His disciples would know the spiritual Kingdom of God had come to them was by seeing fruit once again on the fig tree He had recently cursed. Israel as the representation of the spiritual Kingdom of God on earth was cursed and the Kingdom of God was taken from them, except for the small remnant according to election of grace. Paul writes of them in Romans.

When the disciples faithfully proclaimed the Gospel of the Kingdom of God through the power of the Holy Spirit, first to the Jews, and witnessed elect Jews of Israel turning to Christ in faith, believing Christ to be the promised Messiah/Redeemer the prophets of Old foretell would come, the disciples would understand the parable of the fig tree having signs of life was fulfilled.

The parable of the fig tree beginning to show signs of life makes no sense if we try to place the fulfillment at the end of this age. The parable was not given that they, living in the first century AD would know the coming again of the Lord was near and even at the door. It was given that they and every disciple coming after them might know the Kingdom of God has come, and that we should not be looking for a physical Kingdom of God to come upon this earth, because the Kingdom of God is a spiritual Kingdom that is within you.

Indeed, Jesus came "but for the house of Israel", finished and said "It is finished"; and then referred to "another fold" which He "must also bring"--not a remnant of Israel, but "another" house entirely. Then began "the times of the gentiles."

Reactions: rwb

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is your response to prophecy of Israel, to completely ignore it!

Too confident you are to presume to know what God knows. I once rejected Jesus. Didn’t stop his plans for me. I am ci didn’t it will be the same for Israel, God’s chosen people.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is your response to prophecy of Israel, to completely ignore it!

Too confident you are to presume to know what God knows. I once rejected Jesus. Didn’t stop his plans for me. I am ci didn’t it will be the same for Israel, God’s chosen people.
God's Chosen People from Israel are the faithful obedient remnant within Israel. Romans 9:27; 11:5.

No others.