9/23/17, Rev 12:5, X etc..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I apologize, I was a little tired last night. These are the correct dates if we place the 1290 days in the middle of the 70th week..

My New Time line
9/21/17 - Rapture - Feast of trumpets
3/4/21 - Abomination of Desolation - Just another day on the Torah
8/15/24 - The Second Coming of Christ - Just another day on the Torah
10/29/24 - 1000 yr Millennium begins - Just another day on the Torah

Steve's Timeline
4/2/21 - Abomination of Desolation - Passover Sabbath
9/13/24 - The Second Coming of Christ - The Day of Atonement
11/27/24 - 1000 yr Millennium begins

Just took at look at 9/13/24 on my trusty Hebrew calendar converter and that day falls on Elul 10, which is 20 days before Yom Teruah and 30 days before Yom Kippur / Day of Atonement. Actually, Yom Kippur does not occur till 10/12/24. One of these is wrong. But torahcalendar.com is neat to look at.

Last edited:

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Just took at look at 9/13/24 on my trusty Hebrew calendar converter and that day falls on Elul 10, which is 20 days before Yom Teruah and 30 days before Yom Kippur / Day of Atonement. Actually, Yom Kippur does not occur till 10/12/24. One of these is wrong. But torahcalendar.com is neat to look at.

Hi Copperhead. Check here.. TorahCalendar.com

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Isa 26:17-21 connection study

1. shut
2. doors
3. hide
4. sheltered
5. conceal
6. doorposts
7. refuge
8. shelter
9. cover
10. sacred tent

Exod 12:22-23 "You shall take a bunch of hyssop and dip it in the blood which is in the basin, and apply some of the blood that is in the basin to the lintel and the two doorposts; and none of you shall go outside the door of his house until morning. 23"For the LORD will pass through to smite the Egyptians; and when He sees the blood on the lintel and on the two doorposts, the LORD will pass over the door and will not allow the destroyer to come in to your houses to smite you.

Job 14:13 "Oh that You would hide me in Sheol, That You would conceal me until Your wrath returns to You, That You would set a limit for me and remember me!

Psa 18:2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Psa 27:5 For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock.

Psa 57:1 For the choir director; set to Al-tashheth. A Mikhtam of David, when he fled from Saul in the cave. Be gracious to me, O God, be gracious to me, For my soul takes refuge in You; And in the shadow of Your wings I will take refuge Until destruction passes by.

Psa 91:1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.

Psa 91:4 He will cover you with His pinions, And under His wings you may seek refuge; His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark.

Isa 26:17-21 As a pregnant woman about to give birth writhes and cries out in her pain, so were we in your presence, Lord. 18We were with child, we writhed in labor, but we gave birth to wind. We have not brought salvation to the earth, and the people of the world have not come to life. 19But your dead will live, Lord; their bodies will rise— let those who dwell in the dust wake up and shout for joy— your dew is like the dew of the morning; the earth will give birth to her dead. 20Go, my people, enter your rooms and shut the doors behind you; hide yourselves for a little while until his wrath has passed by. 21See, the Lord is coming out of his dwelling to punish the people of the earth for their sins. The earth will disclose the blood shed on it; the earth will conceal its slain no longer.

Zeph 2:1-3 Gather together, gather yourselves together, you shameful nation, 2before the decree takes effect and that day passes like windblown chaff, before the LORD's fierce anger comes upon you, before the day of the LORD's wrath comes upon you. 3Seek the LORD, all you humble of the land, you who do what he commands. Seek righteousness, seek humility; perhaps you will be sheltered on the day of the LORD's anger.

Matt 6:6 But when you pray, go into your inner room, shut your door, and pray to your Father, who is unseen. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Acts 14:27 When they arrived, they gathered the church together and reported all that God had done through them, and how He had opened the door of faith to the Gentiles.

Rev 3:7-8 “To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. 8I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.

- Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Isa 26:20 Go, my people, enter your rooms (cheder) and shut the doors behind you; hide yourselves for a little while until his wrath has passed by.

cheder: a chamber, room
Original Word: חֶ֫דֶר
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: cheder
Phonetic Spelling: (kheh'-der)
Short Definition: bedroom

End Times | Rapture & Jewish Wedding

John 14:2 My Father's house has many rooms (moné); if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?

moné: an abiding, an abode
Original Word: μονή, ῆς, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: moné
Phonetic Spelling: (mon-ay')
Short Definition: lodging, dwelling-place, room
Definition: lodging, dwelling-place, room, abode, mansion.

Isa 26:18 We were with child, we writhed in labor, but we gave birth to wind (ruach). We have not brought salvation to the earth, and the people of the world have not come to life.

John 3:8 The wind (pneuma) blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit (pneuma)."

ruach: breath, wind, spirit
Original Word: ר֫וּחַ
Part of Speech: Noun Feminine
Transliteration: ruach
Phonetic Spelling: (roo'-akh)
Short Definition: spirit

pneuma: wind, spirit
Original Word: πνεῦμα, ατος, τό
Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
Transliteration: pneuma
Phonetic Spelling: (pnyoo'-mah)
Short Definition: wind, breath, spirit
Definition: wind, breath, spirit.

ruach holy spirit - Google Search

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Hi all. I will not be posting on 9/20 thru 9/23. I do apologize for anyone who I've upset or offended. I love all my brothers and sisters in Christ, and I wish the best for everyone. God bless you always. - Heb 13:8

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi all. I will not be posting on 9/20 thru 9/23. I do apologize for anyone who I've upset or offended. I love all my brothers and sisters in Christ, and I wish the best for everyone. God bless you always. - Heb 13:8

Do you still adhere to these timelines? (from May 25,2017 post):

" I apologize, I was a little tired last night. These are the correct dates if we place the 1290 days in the middle of the 70th week..

My New Time line
3/4/21 - Abomination of Desolation - Just another day on the Torah
8/15/24 - The Second Coming of Christ - Just another day on the Torah
10/29/24 - 1000 yr Millennium begins - Just another day on the Torah

Steve's Timeline
4/2/21 - Abomination of Desolation - Passover Sabbath
9/13/24 - The Second Coming of Christ - The Day of Atonement
11/27/24 - 1000 yr Millennium begins

I'm not upset or offended; but if the Rapture is to occur on September 21st, do you expect to be posting on this Forum after that date?

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I for one will not change anything regarding posting if this event does not take place. Not sure why it would. Sure, I hope that the removal is at this Yom Teruah, but I am not selling my house, shutting down my business, not paying my quarterly estimated taxes, closing my bank accounts, etc. If it happens, these things will mean nothing. If it doesn't, I will not be embarrassed or feel intimidated. The Lord will come for His bride, that is certain. If the removal is not this week, then it will be in later. My lamp will always have enough oil. I have pitched my tent with the Lord and it is on solid rock.

If I no longer post on any forums, it will be because I am out of here!

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Naomi,

We don't have to make the numbers crunch for the abomination of desolation to land on passover on 4/2/21 and the second coming of Christ to land on the day of atonement on 9/13/24. That's just the way it comes out when you place rapture on 9/21/17 by using the 1260, 1290, 1335 days. God did that, not me. If rapture doesn't occur this year, where are we gonna find better calculations?

Ahem....we're still here! I did ask you once what you would do or say if you were proven wrong. You were so sure you answered the above. Was God wrong, perhaps? Honestly, let blame lie were it ought. You guessed a date, as the bible commanded you not to, and you were proven (as all date setters are) wrong. Have the honesty to come back here and admit it. And without the "Oh, on recalculation, it's gonna be next year" type rubbish that some pull. We all know they are proven wrong as well.

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I see it a little differently. At least there were many folks that were eagerly anticipating going to be with the Lord, unlike all those that are doing all they can to delay being with the Lord. Kinda exhibits the condition of each group's relationship with God.

Another, at least for those that think the removal could occur any time, they will assert a doctrine of imminence, that the removal could happen at any time..... just not the time that someone other than themselves say it might. What a dichotomy. They claim that it could happen at any time, just not on this or that day. What part of imminence or any time don't they comprehend.

And then there are those that are chomping at the bit and just can't wait to get into the Great Tribulation and be exceedingly miserable or have their head cut off. Boy one must really be comforted with that thought. That would sure make me want to get up in the morning. NOT.

So while some might have egg on their face for asserting a particular day, at least they were watching and hoping with some evidence that they long for their savior. Everyone else, it is like they want to claim to believe in the Lord, only as long as they don't have to see Him face to face.

What a mess.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are a few reasons why I have a very big problem with 'date setters'. And none of them is how 'eagerly' they are anticipating going to be with the Lord. Honestly, I don't understand Christians who do not earnestly wish for that day.

The problems come from the disrespect they do to the word of God, and to the people of God. They disrespect the word of God when they ignore its pointed warnings that no man can know the day or hour. Simple. Can we know seasons? Perhaps. Looking around us at world events makes me think the season may be very close. But thinking and hoping and being ready is different from setting a distinct day. The bible gives signs we can see with our eyes and tells us to watch. Why do so if we can know the day? The signs become irrelevant. No...we should be ready every single day, every time we see or hear of a 'birth pang' we should lift our eyes and wonder 'today, Lord?' And until the moment wondering becomes reality, we need to be about the Lords work.

And that brings me to the second problem. They disrespect God's people. How many news articles have you seen describing how "Christians" thought the world was ending this week? Ive seen several...all mocking. They think we're stupid. Every single time someone sets a date that comes to nothing, people point and laugh. And they are not just mocking us, through us they mock the God of the Universe. God and Christ's bride becomes the laughing stock of the world. Now to be perfectly frank we're told in Peter that in the last days mockers will come and mock us. But it is a shame of great proportions that Christians should bring this mocking down on themselves, don't you think? It's not something God would want, especially when the word he's given us tells us specifically to avoid what these people have done!

No. We should stand as one people, as the bride, ready and waiting. No matter exactly how we see the end unfolding, we must all acknowledge that it will be done in God's time, by His will. When people try and rubber stamp a particular date as a 'christian' belief and put a box around how it has to happen as the 'Rev 12 sign' people did, it's turning away from the truth of his word and mocking the faithfulness of those who are ready every single day.

Reactions: tabletalk

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problems come from the disrespect they do to the word of God, and to the people of God. They disrespect the word of God when they ignore its pointed warnings that no man can know the day or hour. Simple.

And what is the significance of "no man knows the day"? Do you know what it refers to?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Honestly, I don't understand Christians who do not earnestly wish for that day.
the argument is that that day will only come when you pick up your cross and follow, and Christ is always with us, even to the end of the age, meaning right now, so why be wishing for something you already got? Because you don't have it, is the obvious reply, right

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, now that the date have come and gone. why not understand Revelation chapter 12 as for what it really is. just because a vision is seen in heaven, dose not necessary means it takes place in heaven. chapter 12 is concering the birth of the messiah the building of the church, it's persecution, the entrances of the gentiles, where all nations may enter into God's rest. all of this was foretold in the OT.

peace in Christ Jesus

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And what is the significance of "no man knows the day"? Do you know what it refers to?

I know that many people believe it refers to the feast of trumpets. I believe it's because the feast cannot be officially declared until the new moon is spotted in the sky, and since it may be cloudy, it could therefore fall within a two day period, leaving them to say the the festival is one in which "no man can know they day or hour" of it's beginning.
I'll grant you it's an interesting piece of historical information. But people are holding that up against scriptural texts that say again and again that we are not to know the time. You would have us ignore the word of God because of a rather interesting bit of trivia?

Now, I'll grant you that this month has been interesting. In fact at times I couldn't believe how often I opened the news and read of events that could have come straight out of bible prophecy! The star alignment on the 23rd may even have been one of them....I just don't think the bible gives us leave, as Christians, to make it THE sign to declare THE time, if you know what I mean.

They say that "no may knows the day or hour" is an idiom. But what of the passage in general? Does the whole passage speak of the idiom? Does it speak to a festival that narrows down to a two day window?

Matthew 24:44

[44] Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect. (ESV)

If you ask me, the very nature of this passage tells us that it cannot be an idiom. We cannot be expecting Christ to return in that two day period, in the festival when "no man knows the day or hour".

No. I think the bible is very clear that we cannot know when he will return exactly. And we should not. But it does give us sign to know when it is coming closer.

Luke 21:28

[28] Now when these things begin to take place, straighten up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.” (ESV)

As horrible as September has been, with all the natural disasters, no one could accuse me of 'being asleep'. I am fully awake and looking out for my Lord! Every day I wake and think, "today?" I fear that every time someone "date sets", they are essentially playing 'the boy who cried wolf'. Surely, after being wrong time after time, people are going to stop believing. What will happen when the wolf comes? Or in this case, what will happen when Christ really comes and people have given up hope, and are not ready? How many parables did Jesus tell of those who were not ready, who were not 'awake' at his coming? The danger here is real, and nothing numbs and produces apathy like hope that has been destroyed again and again.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
what will happen when Christ really comes and people have given up hope, and are not ready?
or how bout when you die and Jesus still has not come back in the manner you were expecting, because you did not understand that He was always here with you? Talk about a thief in the night, huh? Yikes, i guess ol' Esau would suddenly have some relevance to a believer then, huh.

I'd sure be rethinking this "Jesus is coming back for me" jazz ok, i mean you can go read in Acts about disciples who thought the same thing, and Paul was collecting donations for them a couple years later, right. See, they all misunderstood, too.

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that many people believe it refers to the feast of trumpets. I believe it's because the feast cannot be officially declared until the new moon is spotted in the sky, and since it may be cloudy, it could therefore fall within a two day period, leaving them to say the the festival is one in which "no man can know they day or hour" of it's beginning.
I'll grant you it's an interesting piece of historical information. But people are holding that up against scriptural texts that say again and again that we are not to know the time. You would have us ignore the word of God because of a rather interesting bit of trivia?

Now, I'll grant you that this month has been interesting. In fact at times I couldn't believe how often I opened the news and read of events that could have come straight out of bible prophecy! The star alignment on the 23rd may even have been one of them....I just don't think the bible gives us leave, as Christians, to make it THE sign to declare THE time, if you know what I mean.

They say that "no may knows the day or hour" is an idiom. But what of the passage in general? Does the whole passage speak of the idiom? Does it speak to a festival that narrows down to a two day window?

Matthew 24:44

[44] Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect. (ESV)

If you ask me, the very nature of this passage tells us that it cannot be an idiom. We cannot be expecting Christ to return in that two day period, in the festival when "no man knows the day or hour".

No. I think the bible is very clear that we cannot know when he will return exactly. And we should not. But it does give us sign to know when it is coming closer.

Luke 21:28

[28] Now when these things begin to take place, straighten up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.” (ESV)

As horrible as September has been, with all the natural disasters, no one could accuse me of 'being asleep'. I am fully awake and looking out for my Lord! Every day I wake and think, "today?" I fear that every time someone "date sets", they are essentially playing 'the boy who cried wolf'. Surely, after being wrong time after time, people are going to stop believing. What will happen when the wolf comes? Or in this case, what will happen when Christ really comes and people have given up hope, and are not ready? How many parables did Jesus tell of those who were not ready, who were not 'awake' at his coming? The danger here is real, and nothing numbs and produces apathy like hope that has been destroyed again and again.

Where it comes into play is that the days mentioned in Leviticus 23 are Moedim (appointed times) and Miqrah (rehersals) that the Lord has given. Now since the Lord fulfilled the first 4 of these at their appointed time, precisely, it is reasonable to assume that He will fulfill the last 3 in like manner. And Yom Teruah (trumpets) is the next one on the list.

It is because of this, that starting 40 days prior to Day of Atonement / 30 days prior to Yom Teruah (Trumpets), on Elul 1 of the Hebrew calendar, is called Teshuvah, or season of return and repentance. It is pictured in the 40 days that Ninevah was given to repent by Jonah, which happened at the same time of the year. The intervening 7 days between Yom Teruah and Yom Kippur are called.. "the days of awe". And those that researched the celestial events found that a major solar eclipse happened the day before Ninevah got the 40 day warning from Jonah, just as it did over the U.S. the day before Elul 1 which starts the 40 day season of return and repentance. Would that we in the U.S. heed the same warning and turn back to the Lord. On that one, I am not optimistic.

While some were jumping up and down declaring that Sept 23rd was unequivocally the removal, virtually everyone that actually did the research on the celestial alignment did not. At most, they felt that it was another of a plethora of signs that time is running short. Kinda like a 2 minute warning in Football. And they wanted to get this out to others for them to take notice. Many of the ones that did the actual research on the Sept 23rd alignment thing also were very forthcoming how the Blood Moon Tetrad that occurred in 2014/2015 on Passover and Tabernacles of each of those years also amplified things. And the possible significance of the years 1897, 1917, 1947, 1967, had in relation to 2017. Now these "signs" are coming at us in almost staccato fashion.

Only those who have not "pitched their tent" with the Lord and fellowship with Him daily would "give up". And those that poo poo the ones who are watching tend to use the argument of that these watchers are building up other people's hopes just to have them dashed. Only those that are not in fellowship with the Lord could have their "faith" so blown about by what others say. And those blown about by every little thing that comes along, their problem is much deeper than what day something might happen.

Sure, I had my hopes up that this might be the time for a removal. I hope every day is the time of the removal. I want to see Yeshua face to face! I want to see the deliverance of my brothers and sisters in Yeshua who are suffering and dying in the world. But I am also fully aware that I see all things thru fleshly eyes that are given little snippets of clarity from time to time by the Spirit. That nothing happened on Sept 23rd does not diminish my relationship or confidence in the Lord one bit. To me, this has been a season of fasting and prayer that people's eyes and hearts be opened and that those especially in the Church consider their relationship with the Lord and seek a closer one. It is the season of return and repentance and we should focus on what our relationship is with Him. Not just blow this time off. It is an opportunity to remind others to analyze their relationship with the Lord. Yom Kippur is this Saturday!

Last edited: