Any thoughts on this??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
By Hal Lindsay in his latest newsletter:

We must understand that the Rapture of the Church is imminent. That doesn't mean it's going to happen today or sometime next week. But it does means that it could happen at any time - even in the next second. There are no signs to be fulfilled before the Rapture. That's how every generation of Christians could legitimately hope for the Lord's appearing in their time, even before signs of the end of the age became acute. We don't need signs to expect the Rapture.

But in this generation, we see tremendous signs that the Tribulation period is near. And since the Rapture must take place before the Tribulation, signs that the Tribulation is near mean that the Rapture must be extremely near.

What are the signs? Two stand out.

One - Israel. End-time signs revolve around Israel, but until 1948, there was no Israel. God bringing that ancient nation back to life - vividly predicted over and over in scripture - gives meaning and urgency to all the other signs.

Two - in our day, we see a convergence of signs. In other words, they're happening all at once. No generation ever saw anything like this.

But these signal the Rapture only in the sense that the Rapture must take place before the Tribulation. So, is our generation different? Yes. I'm convinced it is.

That does not mean that you or I will not die before the Rapture. We might. But if we do, we will have lost nothing by living our lives expecting the Rapture, and we will have gained a great deal. It's how God wants us to live. And it enhances every part of the Christian walk.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We must understand that the Rapture of the Church is imminent. That doesn't mean it's going to happen today or sometime next week. But it does means that it could happen at any time - even in the next second. There are no signs to be fulfilled before the Rapture. That's how every generation of Christians could legitimately hope for the Lord's appearing in their time, even before signs of the end of the age became acute. We don't need signs to expect the Rapture.

But in this generation, we see tremendous signs that the Tribulation period is near. And since the Rapture must take place before the Tribulation, signs that the Tribulation is near mean that the Rapture must be extremely near.

One - Israel. End-time signs revolve around Israel, but until 1948, there was no Israel. God bringing that ancient nation back to life - vividly predicted over and over in scripture - gives meaning and urgency to all the other signs.

Two - in our day, we see a convergence of signs. In other words, they're happening all at once. No generation ever saw anything like this.

But these signal the Rapture only in the sense that the Rapture must take place before the Tribulation. So, is our generation different? Yes. I'm convinced it is.

That does not mean that you or I will not die before the Rapture. We might. But if we do, we will have lost nothing by living our lives expecting the Rapture, and we will have gained a great deal. It's how God wants us to live. And it enhances every part of the Christian walk.
I guess I can be glad I didn't buy his book. He doesn't know the truth, and is certainly not one to listen to.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, this teaching has made many of them rich...as has all his books.
That's not the issue. You cannot object to what is in the OP biblically. So let's see some biblical objections to the imminent coming of Christ for His saints. What we do see in the Bible is this: Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. (Mt 24:42)

Reactions: Triumph1300

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, this teaching has made many of them rich...as has all his books.

I do remember his book The Late Great Planet Earth and I did read it in the late 1970's.
I know it played a role in me and my friend getting saved.
Regardless of the doctrine, right or wrong, people did wake up and started to get interested in the gospel.
That's how God works, He uses many things for the good.

I am not sure if he got rich because of books, but if he did I don't care.
Others get rich by whatever they do.
I don't believe he is actually only in it for the money.
But yes, printing costs money (I made myself money running a publishing and printing company).
They can't just give books away for free.

I have watched many evangelists/preachers etc.
None are perfect and dead on.
Faults can be found in many ministries.
But if it brings people to Christ there's still some good in it.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's not the issue. You cannot object to what is in the OP biblically. So let's see some biblical objections to the imminent coming of Christ for His saints. What we do see in the Bible is this: Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. (Mt 24:42)

Amen, dead on, Enoch.

Reactions: Enoch111

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just FYI.
He has written at least 40 books that I know of, and his net worth was 42 million last time I heard.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just FYI.
He has written at least 40 books that I know of, and his net worth was 42 million last time I heard.
Hey Willie,

That should be a good incentive for you to start publishing your books (if you have not already done so).

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I think a lot of emphasis is put on a physical rapture...an "easy out" (hence it's popularity) away from the problems of this world...and a way out of the coming tribulation.

But the bible speaks of rapture as more than just a physical translating away. It is mainly a spiritual reference.

A study on the word "harpazo" in a concordance will reveal that this is a reference to a walk in the Spirit...a translation into the spiritual presence of God in Zion.

Of course this will never be popular. Among true seekers this should be the goal of life here on earth! But how many of those are there?:eek:

But my thinking is that how can people be looking for a physical harpazo (rapture) when they would seem to have zero interest in going to God in a spiritual one? Where is the balance? Where is the reciprocity?

Can you say...'one sided?"

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think a lot of emphasis is put on a physical rapture...an "easy out" (hence it's popularity) away from the problems of this world...and a way out of the coming tribulation.

But the bible speaks of rapture as more than just a physical translating away. It is mainly a spiritual reference.

A study on the word "harpazo" in a concordance will reveal that this is a reference to a walk in the Spirit...a translation into the spiritual presence of God in Zion.

Of course this will never be popular. Among true seekers this should be the goal of life here on earth! But how many of those are there?:eek:

But my thinking is that how can people be looking for a physical harpazo (rapture) when they would seem to have zero interest in going to God in a spiritual one? Where is the balance? Where is the reciprocity?

Can you say...'one sided?"

More of the same non-sense from the anti-rapture crowd. No matter how many times yall are told that the Rapture has nothing to do with being an 'easy out' the more yall don't listen. You are just like a bunch of liberals who believe if I can just keep saying it, people will believe me. Just bs.

The Rapture is both physical and spiritual. To insinuate that people who hold to the Rapture must not be spiritual is more bs.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
But if we do, we will have lost nothing by living our lives expecting the Rapture, and we will have gained a great deal. It's how God wants us to live. And it enhances every part of the Christian walk.
if you do, imo you will lose everything by living your lives expecting some fulfillment that you can see with your two peepers, it is not how God wants you to live, and it degrades every part of your...walk, wadr

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if you do, imo you will lose everything by living your lives expecting some fulfillment that you can see with your two peepers, it is not how God wants you to live, and it degrades every part of your...walk, wadr
Whether there is to be one or not [a physical rapture] focusing on it too much rather than on more important things [what are those?] will likely get some into trouble with God.