Babel Tower is Image/Beasts in Dan and Rev

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

precepts

Feb 24, 2008
Mystery, Babylon the Great Why is Babylon mentioned in Revelation? I'll tell you why!
Rev 17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters: Rev 17:2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication. Rev 17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. Rev 17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: Rev 17:5 And upon her forehead [was] a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
Rev 17:7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns. Rev 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. Rev 17:9 And here [is] the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. Rev 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, [and] the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. Rev 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. Rev 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. Rev 17:13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast. --------- Rev 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.
Note the Image of Nebuchadnezzar's Dream
Dan 2:31 Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great image. This great image, whose brightness [was] excellent, stood before thee; and the form thereof [was] terrible. Dan 2:32 This image's head [was] of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass, Dan 2:33 His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay. --- Dan 2:36 This [is] the dream; and we will tell the interpretation thereof before the king. Dan 2:37 Thou, O king, [art] a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory. Dan 2:38 And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou [art] this head of gold.
Nebuchadnezzar is the head of gold.
Dan 4:13 I saw in the visions of my head upon my bed, and, behold, a watcher and an holy one came down from heaven; Dan 4:14 He cried aloud, and said thus, Hew down the tree, and cut off his branches, shake off his leaves, and scatter his fruit: let the beasts get away from under it, and the fowls from his branches: Dan 4:15 Nevertheless leave the stump of his roots in the earth, even with a band of iron and brass, in the tender grass of the field; and let it be wet with the dew of heaven, and [let] his portion [be] with the beasts in the grass of the earth: Dan 4:16 Let his heart be changed from man's, and let a beast's heart be given unto him; and let seven times pass over him.
Could Nebuchadnezzar be the Beast of Revelation?
Dan 3:1 Nebuchadnezzar the king made an image of gold, whose height [was] threescore cubits, [and] the breadth thereof six cubits: he set it up in the plain of Dura, in the province of Babylon.
Encyclopedia Wikipedia
Etemenanki (Sumerian: "temple of the foundation of heaven and earth") was the name of a ziggurat dedicated to Marduk in the city of Babylon. It was famously rebuilt by the 6th century BC Neo-Babylonian dynasty rulers Nabopolassar and Nebuchadnezzar II. According to modern scholars such as Stephen L. Harris, the biblical story of the Tower of Babel was likely influenced by Etemenanki during the Babylonian captivity of the Hebrews. Nebuchadnezzar wrote that the original tower had been built in antiquity: "A former king built the Temple of the Seven Lights of the Earth, but he did not complete its head. Since a remote time, people had abandoned it, without order expressing their words. Since that time earthquakes and lightning had dispersed its sun-dried clay; the bricks of the casing had split, and the earth of the interior had been scattered in heaps." The Greek historian Herodotus (440 BC) later wrote of this ziggurat, which he called the "Temple of Zeus Belus", giving an account of its vast dimensions.
Nebuchadnezzar rebuilt the tower of Babel during the Hebrew captivity which was the head/temple of the tower/image! Nebuchadnezzar's words:
A former king built the Temple of the Seven Lights of the Earth, but he did not complete its head. Since a remote time, people had abandoned it, without order expressing their words. Since that time earthquakes and lightning had dispersed its sun-dried clay; the bricks of the casing had split, and the earth of the interior had been scattered in heaps. Marduk, the great lord, excited my mind to repair this building. I did not change the site, nor did I take away the foundation stone ? as it had been in former times. So I founded it, I made it; as it had been in ancient days, I so exalted the summit.
It's a historicalfact that Nebuchadnezzar added a 8th floor to the Tower of Babel. Note the Beast of Revelation is the 8th of the 7 kings of the beast with seven heads and ten horns! Wikipedia
A Neo-Babylonian royal inscription of Nebuchadrezzar II on a stele from Babylon, claimed to have been found in the 1917 excavation by Robert Koldewey,[1] and of uncertain authenticity, reads: "Etemenanki[2] Zikkurat Babibli [Ziggurat of Babylon] I made it, the wonder of the people of the world, I raised its top to heaven, made doors for the gates, and I covered it with bitumen and bricks." The Etemananki is depicted in shallow relief, showing its high first stages with paired flights of steps, five further stepped stages and the temple that surmounted the structure. A floor plan is also shown, depicting the buttressed outer walls and the inner chambers surrounding the central cella. The Etemenanki is described in a cuneiform tablet from Uruk from 229 BC, a copy of an older text (now in the Louvre in Paris). It gives the height of the tower as seven stocks (91 meters) with a square base of 91 meters on each side. This mud brick structure was confirmed by excavations conducted by Robert Koldewey after 1913. Large stairs were discovered at the south side of the building, where a triple gate connected it with the Esagila. A larger gate to the east connected the Etemenanki with the sacred procession road (now reconstructed in the Pergamon Museum in Berlin). In 440 BC, Herodotus wrote: Babylon's outer wall is the main defence of the city. There is, however, a second inner wall, of less thickness than the first, but very little inferior to it in strength. The center of each division of the town was occupied by a fortress. In the one stood the palace of the kings, surrounded by a wall of great strength and size: in the other was the sacred precinct of Jupiter [Zeus] Belus, a square enclosure two furlongs [402 m] each way, with gates of solid brass; which was also remaining in my time. In the middle of the precinct there was a tower of solid masonry, a furlong [201 m] in length and breadth, upon which was raised a second tower, and on that a third, and so on up to eight. The ascent to the top is on the outside, by a path which winds round all the towers. When one is about half-way up, one finds a resting-place and seats, where persons are wont to sit some time on their way to the summit. On the topmost tower there is a spacious temple, and inside the temple stands a couch of unusual size, richly adorned, with a golden table by its side. There is no statue of any kind set up in the place, nor is the chamber occupied of nights by any one but a single native woman, who, as the Chaldeans, the priests of this god, affirm, is chosen for himself by the deity out of all the women of the land. This Tower of Jupiter Belus is believed to refer to the Akkadian god Bel, whose name has been Hellenised by Herodotus to Zeus Belus. It is likely that it corresponds to Etemenanki.
Rev 12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. Rev 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. Rev 13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as [the feet] of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
The four/five kingdoms of Daniel all worshipped the planets, the host of heaven, the seven lights of the earth! Wikipedia
In some cultures, the five naked-eye planets are grouped with the Sun and the Moon, called luminaries (meaning "shining object") to form a group of seven heavenly objects (or seven lights of the Earth, starry planets, traditional planets, etc.). Because their existence was known by many cultures throughout the world, since before recorded history, no discoverer is credited for them. Most Western cultures refer to them by their Latin names in honor of the Roman pantheon and their number probably led to the naming of the seven-day week. Every culture has woven them into their myths and legends. They are the basis of the practice of astrology. In English, the planets bare names of gods in Roman mythology, a relic of the ancient belief that planets were gods controlling human destiny. They were sometimes considered to be living beings, and myths were created concerning how they came to be, and what they were supposed to be like, based on their movements in the sky, their physical characteristics, and the supposed influences they have on our planet and its inhabitants. The Sun was known for its obvious importance in providing life. It also served as literal universal constant in the passage of night and day. Many ancient cultures were able to accurately create calendars from charting the Sun—thus predicting the regional seasons and solar events. The Moon and its phases were charted by most cultures, giving rise to lunar calendars. Lunar cycles were used to divide the solar, or seasonal, year into sections called months. Mercury was known to have the quickest period, probably leading it to be named for a Roman god associated with haste. Venus was identified as being the brightest object in the night sky after the Moon. Mars, was often associated with war due to its association with the Roman god and visible redness. Jupiter, now known to be the largest planet in the solar system. Whether the Romans knew this or not is not known, but is a likely possibility as Jupiter does appear to outshine most of the other planets, yet it has the second-longest period. Saturn, now popularly known for its rings and for being the second largest planet, though the rings being difficult to discern even with modern house telescopes. The Roman naming was probably based on their (correct) assumption that Saturn was the furthest of the classical planets due to the length of its orbital period. Its brightness is slightly less than Jupiter though brighter than most of the other planets. The Romans may have named it for the Titan that was formerly deposed by the now greater Jupiter.
The 5 beasts and the Image are one, along with the Tower of Babel, worship of the Beast released from the bottomless pit and the four angels released from the Euphrates river.
Dan 7:1 In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon Daniel had a dream and visions of his head upon his bed: then he wrote the dream, [and] told the sum of the matters. Dan 7:2 Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea. Dan 7:3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another. Dan 7:4 The first [was] like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it. Dan 7:7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it [was] diverse from all the beasts that [were] before it; and it had ten horns. Dan 7:8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn [were] eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.
The ten horns are the first ten kings of Rome, the Beast is the eight, Titus Flavius Vespasianus of the Year of Four Emperors. The 11th horn is Nerva of the Five Good Emperors. Bible letter to the wise:
Pro 30:15 The horseleach hath two daughters, [crying], Give, give. There are three [things that] are never satisfied, [yea], four [things] say not, [It is] enough: Pro 30:16 The grave; and the barren womb; the earth [that] is not filled with water; and the fire [that] saith not, [It is] enough. Pro 30:17 The eye [that] mocketh at [his] father, and despiseth to obey [his] mother, the ravens of the valley shall pick it out, and the young eagles shall eat it. Pro 30:18 There be three [things which] are too wonderful for me, yea, four which I know not: Pro 30:19 The way of an eagle in the air; the way of a serpent upon a rock; the way of a ship in the midst of the sea; and the way of a man with a maid. Pro 30:20 Such [is] the way of an adulterous woman; she eateth, and wipeth her mouth, and saith, I have done no wickedness. Pro 30:21 For three [things] the earth is disquieted, and for four [which] it cannot bear: Pro 30:22 For a servant when he reigneth; and a fool when he is filled with meat; Pro 30:23 For an odious [woman] when she is married; and an handmaid that is heir to her mistress. Pro 30:24 There be four [things which are] little upon the earth, but they [are] exceeding wise: Pro 30:25 The ants [are] a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer; Pro 30:26 The conies [are but] a feeble folk, yet make they their houses in the rocks; Pro 30:27 The locusts have no king, yet go they forth all of them by bands; Pro 30:28 The spider taketh hold with her hands, and is in kings' palaces. Pro 30:29 There be three [things] which go well, yea, four are comely in going: Pro 30:30 A lion [which is] strongest among beasts, and turneth not away for any; Pro 30:31 A greyhound; an he goat also; and a king, against whom [there is] no rising up. Pro 30:32 If thou hast done foolishly in lifting up thyself, or if thou hast thought evil, [lay] thine hand upon thy mouth.
Food for Thought!

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(precepts;60650)
...Could Nebuchadnezzar be the Beast of Revelation?...
No, Nebuchadnezzar is NOT the beast of Revelation. Nebuchadnezzar is only a TYPE of the beast of Revelation. The REAL beast of Revelation is Satan himself.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Agreed JordanThe bible teaches it's deeper things in Parables and types ensamples(examples) for those of us living in these End times1Cr 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

precepts

Feb 24, 2008
Jordan's
No, Nebuchadnezzar is NOT the beast of Revelation. Nebuchadnezzar is only a TYPE of the beast of Revelation. The REAL beast of Revelation is Satan himself.
Jordan 4:2!! Thanks for opinion, Jordan, but I know you're much smarter than that! Talk about the kettle calling the pot black! Christina's
Agreed JordanThe bible teaches it's deeper things in Parables and types ensamples(examples) for those of us living in these End times
The only thing I agree with Jordan is "Evil spirits in Christianity"! Basic Facts:Satan and the Beast are not one based on biblical facts. The Beast enters into perdition (the lake of fire) while Satan is bound for a thousand years (Rev19:20 and Rev 20:2). Satan has seven heads, ten horns, and seven crowns. The Beast has sevenheads, ten horns, and ten crowns.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure we're not in the Millennium, and I'm pretty sure Christ is not back in Jerusalem....so no, this is garbage.One must understand a type from the actual.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(precepts;60758)
(Jordan;60651)
Jordan 4:2!! Thanks for opinion, Jordan, but I know you're much smarter than that! Talk about the kettle calling the pot black!Jordan 4:2? What are you talking about? It's only smarter to stick with God's Words over men's preconceived ideas of men anyday.(precepts;60758)
(Christina;60654)
Agreed JordanThe bible teaches it's deeper things in Parables and types ensamples(examples) for those of us living in these End times...
Christina's The only thing I agree with Jordan is "Evil spirits in Christianity"! Basic Facts:Satan and the Beast are not one based on biblical facts. The Beast enters into perdition (the lake of fire) while Satan is bound for a thousand years (Rev19:20 and Rev 20:2). Satan has seven heads, ten horns, and seven crowns. The Beast has sevenheads, ten horns, and ten crowns.And what does my thread has to do with this thread? And Satan having seven heads, ten horns and seven crowns is not meant to be taken literally however... But I don't know for sure but, seven heads can be / is seven contintents. As Satan is the god of this world. (II Corinthians 4:4) As for the others, I don't know.And hate to break your words but...Revelation 19:20 - And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone....Revelation 20:14 - And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.A does not equal THE. A and THE both have different meaning.

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
thank you for pointing me out, Jordan... I was struggling with the difference between the two.... but having said that, when we look at Revelation 21:4, it says there will be no more death "for the former things have passed away", and that includes death and sin... since death and sin are co-related with each other (Romans 5:12), both will no longer exist, and therefore, since Satan is the one who created sin, he will no longer exist either in the New Heaven and the New Earth

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Super Kal;60767)
thank you for pointing me out, Jordan... I was struggling with the difference between the two.... but having said that, when we look at Revelation 21:4, it says there will be no more death "for the former things have passed away", and that includes death and sin... since death and sin are co-related with each other (Romans 5:12), both will no longer exist, and therefore, since Satan is the one who created sin, he will no longer exist either in the New Heaven and the New Earth
Correct Kal.
smile.gif
Isaiah 65:17 - For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
so... this lake of fire that Satan is put in, it must be either exactly the same or at least extremely identical to the Lake of Fire.

precepts

Feb 24, 2008
Wow! I dig the satanic subliminal messages, the ignoring of biblical facts for the purpose of annoying and wearying of true Christians, and the moderator's involvement in sending me harrassing e-mails. Talk about "evil spirits" in Christianity! Wow!I feel like Elijah in the days of Noah. All these "Christian" sites are nothing but antichristianity sites. No true Christians left, just devils in sheep clothing. Should of known better, just look at what's happenning on television and in the world. Wpow!This message might be erased.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(precepts;61040)
Wow! I dig the satanic subliminal messages, the ignoring of biblical facts for the purpose of annoying and wearying of true Christians, and the moderator's involvement in sending me harrassing e-mails. Talk about "evil spirits" in Christianity! Wow!I feel like Elijah in the days of Noah. All these "Christian" sites are nothing but antichristianity sites. No true Christians left, just devils in sheep clothing. Should of known better, just look at what's happenning on television and in the world. Wpow!This message might be erased.
You may feel like Elijah, except he doesn't exist in the days of Noah... but your post holds no water at all. (Especially the Original Post)(Super Kal;60785)
so... this lake of fire that Satan is put in, it must be either exactly the same or at least extremely identical to the Lake of Fire.
Satan is put in the Lake of Fire at the end of the Melinneum Reign. There is only one the Lake of Fire.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(precepts;61040)
So its your Way or the everyone is devils Precepts?? You are the one that is wrong the Antichrist is not a dead king named Nebacanezar he is a type.. the Antichrist is condemned to the lake of fire ... No man, human has yet been judged and wont be until the Great white throne Judgement.. Not even Nebecanezzar... I suggest you study types ... before calling all Christians devils in sheep's clothing because they dont agree with your nonsenseical theory's

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Christina;61047)
(precepts;61040)
So your its your Way or the everyone is devils Precepts?? You are the one that is wrong the Antichrist is not a dead king named Nebacanezar he is a type.. the Antichrist is condemned to the lake of fire ... No man, human has yet been judged and wont be until the Great white throne Judgement.. Not even Nebecanezzar... I suggest you study types ... before calling all Christians devils in sheep's clothing because they dont agree with your nonsenseical theory'sYou know, these verses reminds me of this where the Jews (Kenites) accused Christ having a devil...John 7:20 - The people answered and said, Thou hast a devil: who goeth about to kill thee?Because He said this...John 7:16 - Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

precepts

Feb 24, 2008
You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can fool all of the people all the time! I discern spirits, and know the Anti-Christ spirit which is Anti-Christ doctrine.Jordan's
You may feel like Elijah, except he doesn't exist in the days of Noah... but your post holds no water at all. (Especially the Original Post)
That's because you're a demon, Jordan. No matter what concrete evidence I provide, you're going to deny it because you're Antichrist. You can't fool me! You're a demon!Christina's
So your its your Way or the everyone is devils Precepts?? You are the one that is wrong the Antichrist is not a dead king named Nebacanezar he is a type.. the Antichrist is condemned to the lake of fire ... No man, human has yet been judged and wont be until the Great white throne Judgement.. Not even Nebecanezzar... I suggest you study types ... before calling all Christians devils in sheep's clothing because they dont agree with your nonsenseical theory's
It's amazing how you've changed your style of writing and spelling just to mock me, Christina. That's not Christ-like. It's more like the Anti-Christ.For real Christians, I suggest reading my new post "The Seven of Ten Hills of Rome".

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(precepts;61755)
You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can fool all of the people all the time! I discern spirits, and know the Anti-Christ spirit which is Anti-Christ doctrine.(Jordan;61041)
You may feel like Elijah, except he doesn't exist in the days of Noah... but your post holds no water at all. (Especially the Original Post)
That's because you're a demon, Jordan. No matter what concrete evidence I provide, you're going to deny it because you're Antichrist. You can't fool me! You're a demon!(Christina;61047)
So your its your Way or the everyone is devils Precepts?? You are the one that is wrong the Antichrist is not a dead king named Nebacanezar he is a type.. the Antichrist is condemned to the lake of fire ... No man, human has yet been judged and wont be until the Great white throne Judgement.. Not even Nebecanezzar... I suggest you study types ... before calling all Christians devils in sheep's clothing because they dont agree with your nonsenseical theory's
It's amazing how you've changed your style of writing and spelling just to mock me, Christina. That's not Christ-like. It's more like the Anti-Christ.For real Christians, I suggest reading my new post "The Seven of Ten Hills of Rome".
rolleyes.gif
I don't need to do the fooling. Satan has you in the palm of his hand. Which is a sad thing.

precepts

Feb 24, 2008
Jordan's
I don't need to do the fooling. Satan has you in the palm of his hand. Which is a sad thing.
How would you know? Wow! Now I know why I shouldn't cast my pearls to the swines!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Precepts you are the one who called everyone else of Satan then when its turned back on you You act all outraged ?? Do not cast the first stone

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(precepts;62024)
Jordan's How would you know? Wow! Now I know why I shouldn't cast my pearls to the swines!
Jesus meant real pearls, not faux with the rest of today's theological jewelry that you have.Maybe you are calling people a demon because there's a poltergeist in your house.
biggrin.gif

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(tim_from_pa;62048)
(precepts;62024)
jordan's(jordan;61763)
rolleyes.gif
how would you know? Wow!Now i know why i shouldn't cast my pearls to the swines!jesus meant real pearls, not faux with the rest of today's theological jewelry that you have.Maybe you are calling people a demon because there's a poltergeist in your house.
biggrin.gif
I am laughing.
biggrin.gif
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

precepts

Feb 24, 2008
Tim's
Quote:Originally Posted by precepts Jordan'sHow would you know? Wow!Now I know why I shouldn't cast my pearls to the swines! Jesus meant real pearls, not faux with the rest of today's theological jewelry that you have.Maybe you are calling people a demon because there's a poltergeist in your house.
I guess the jury's out on this one. Wow!Christina's
Precepts you are the one who called everyone else of Satan then when its turned back on you You act all outraged ?? Do not cast the first stone
Check the record, Chris. The truth is an offence but not a sin!