China confiscates Bibles from American Christians

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
Well you heard the old saying when in Rome do as the Romans do.........you have to respect their laws just like we expect them to obey ours.........religious beliefs aside.

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
I agree the gospel is being preached at record numbers without arrogent americian christians at a world event. God is moving in china in a big way. We need to show love and respect and not embaress them in such a world event. Jesus had perfect timing and we can too.

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
(Jerusalem Junkie;56994)
Well you heard the old saying when in Rome do as the Romans do.........you have to respect their laws just like we expect them to obey ours.........religious beliefs aside.
I would agree with this a little- as far as respecting them and all. But when you rely on another country to "permit" you to share the gospel- youll be waiting a very long time. Pretty soon if you live by that idea- you wont be sharing it anywhere, even America.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Yes, I read your link and doesn't surprise me. Chinese Christians are sorely persecuted and getting the Word into China is a challenge. I see the Chinese government regarding bibles has the same level of integrity as they have with the Olympics---- boy they're a cheatin' !Slightly off the subject, but along the same thought---- now you and everyone else knows why I rant about too much government control and the loss of our constitutional freedoms. The restrictions that China has for God's Word is not a national thing, per se, but a human nature thing. Without our constitutional rights, then the bible will go out the window the same way, especially by the abortionists, homosexuals, and everyone else that hates God's word and wants to limit "what you know" to the ideologies of their agenda without seeing both sides of the story (not to mention teaching our kids in public schools only their view point and calling everyone else's "intolerant"). Makes one sick enough to puke. :eek: