Discussion re: Spiritual Gifts etc...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! It's actually normal for a lot of Christians. It's not that weird.

Okay, I'll go there and explain it and then get back to your PM. Can I ask you though, when you hear from God,.. do you pick up on the goofy personality too? For me He's been as docile as a lamb. :)

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, I'll go there and explain it and then get back to your PM. Can I ask you though, when you hear from God,.. do you pick up on the goofy personality too? For me He's been as docile as a lamb. :)
No usually I don't hear an actual voice and its pretty straight forward, but 99.9% of the time it is just an "inner knowing" of what is being said or what I need to do - or outright knowing something as well as I know what I had for breakfast.

Most of the time, if it is audible, it is my own brain or something messing with me so I have learned to avoid it unless I have zero doubt

Reactions: Mayflower

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No usually I don't hear an actual voice and its pretty straight forward, but 99.9% of the time it is just an "inner knowing" of what is being said or what I need to do - or outright knowing something as well as I know what I had for breakfast.

Most of the time, if it is audible, it is my own brain or something messing with me so I have learned to avoid it unless I have zero doubt

Except for the last part, I'm not really sure what you're trying to say. You mean you don't hear God's actual voice like I do? It's really soft and soothing and He can be really funny sometimes too. :p

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except for the last part, I'm not really sure what you're trying to say. You mean you don't hear God's actual voice like I do? It's really soft and soothing and He can be really funny sometimes too. :p
I know what he is saying from the spirit but for me audibly for me is usually something else!

They sneak in as trying to be something from God in all sorts of ways, even giving "proof" with predictions of the future (happened to me but read in the Bible about the woman who kept predicting the future and had a demon cast out) so they gain your trust and have some form of control and are capable of manipulating you and making you feel crazy, and for me look crazy, too.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know what he is saying from the spirit but for me audibly for me is usually something else!

They sneak in as trying to be something from God in all sorts of ways, even giving "proof" with predictions of the future (happened to me but read in the Bible about the woman who kept predicting the future and had a demon cast out) so they gain your trust and have some form of control and are capable of manipulating you and making you feel crazy, and for me look crazy, too.

Except for once I've never really was able to see into the future,.. usually,.. it's more about a person's past and hearing the answers to their prayers that I never knew they prayed. Or I might be able to get bits and pieces of something and know a situation that a person is involved in without knowing who it's about first. I sort of want to know the Bible verse that you're referring to though.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@April_Rose
Big difference between telling the future by spirits, prophesy and words of knowledge. What you had is called a "word of knowledge." You probably almost instinctively knew about it.

This is in Acts 16-
16 Once when we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a female slave who had a spirit by which she predicted the future. She earned a great deal of money for her owners by fortune-telling. 17 She followed Paul and the rest of us, shouting, “These men are servants of the Most High God, who are telling you the way to be saved.” 18 She kept this up for many days. Finally Paul became so annoyed that he turned around and said to the spirit, “In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her!” At that moment the spirit left her.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of my dreams this past year were supposedly words of knowledge about this woman I never met... I guess to try and help deliver her or something.... It was a strange year... I'd like to think it was true. But whether it was all real or not... I know it did something in me. And helped a friend too I think.

I believe in dreams and visions and everything, and still have them, but not as frequent. I'm not getting them interpreted for now, but have retyped some for a few at church to look at. My mind is more at peace it feels like. Mainly, right now I've had repeat dreams about children having snack and then bringing them to lunch right after to a party. They are nice dreams... They are nice/happy dreams.

But then I have day flashes too I am not sure are from God or not. They are random and not like normal imagining things. So I am praying about them for now.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I was told by @FluffyYellowDuck to ask about discernment on here when I believe I've heard from God since there have been times where I've been absolutely one hundred percent right. For sometimes it's random, sometimes I believe it's Him answering a question for me, and sometimes it's just a feeling that He wants me to say or do something. Cause what happens to me is that when I get the message wrong (even though I'm a hundred percent confident at the time) I start doubting myself and faith again. :(

I would agree with Mayflower here, guys. Testing the spirits is important in dealing with such matters. If demons were not capable of mimicking the gifts, there would be no such warnings in scripture, but there are. They mimicked the gifts and miracles of God in Moses' day, and Paul made reference to them still being capable of it during his time (2 Timothy 3:8). I don't say it as a traditionalist who is scared of all things supernatural; far from it. But I do know the power of the enemy to mimic, and it is real. And it can be potentially dangerous to get involved with if you are not very well grounded in the Lord and in scripture.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe in dreams and visions and everything, and still have them, but not as frequent.

I was having dreams fairly regularly there that sort of spelled out the direction some things in my life were going to go in, but I have since not had quite as many. I think it means that the ones I received say it all, and it is just a matter of time waiting for it to come to fulfillment. I think with the multitude of dreams I dealt with over the last year it would be extremely complex to sort out the meanings with perfect accuracy at the present time, so I just trust God on that. They were real and accurate, even "black" people turning out to be white, but with a "black, i.e. African" spirit about them that revealed their true nature...

But I just trust God with it. It will all be revealed in time, so it doesn't concern me at all right now. The dust is eventually going to settle and then things will make sense. For now, I keep returning to the things He has shown me recently, and they speak well of me, so that's all I need to know. :)

Reactions: LILAC and Mayflower

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This explains it,.. I am both a feeler and a knower,.. but it doesn't explain about what happens when you get things wrong sometimes. (Here's an example of me being a feeler,.. earlier on I was feeling some kind of stress going on in @Heart2Soul's life right now and I thought it might have been family struggles but it was something else entirely, but I could sense that something was going wrong, I just wasn't sure what and that's what had me confused.)

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This explains it,.. I am both a feeler and a knower,.. but it doesn't explain about what happens when you get things wrong sometimes. (Here's an example of me being a feeler,.. earlier on I was feeling some kind of stress going on in @Heart2Soul's life right now and I thought it might have been family struggles but it was something else entirely, but I could sense that something was going wrong, I just wasn't sure what and that's what had me confused.)

That video is an interesting take, April-Rose. I don't know enough about the gift of discerning of spirts to either confirm or deny it, so I think I'll just store it away for future reference.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That video is an interesting take, April-Rose. I don't know enough about the gift of discerning of spirts to either confirm or deny it, so I think I'll just store it away for future reference.

Oh yeah and if you count dreams and visions then I guess I'm a seer as well as that has happened to me sometimes. :)

Reactions: Mayflower

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yeah and if you count dreams and visions then I guess I'm a seer as well as that has happened to me sometimes. :)

I don't know if everyone who receives dreams qualifies as being a seer. I think it's kinda normal myself.

But it can be a tremendous blessing receiving dreams and visions nonetheless : )

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, my dreams are lovely right now, so it is quite a bit uplifting now... The rest, I'm just giving to God and thankful for the good that has happened as a result.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Gary Urban

Apr 20, 2021
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know if everyone who receives dreams qualifies as being a seer. I think it's kinda normal myself.

But it can be a tremendous blessing receiving dreams and visions nonetheless : )

I would offer. . .God is no longer bringing any new revelations in any manner to include dreams as that by which we could add to the perfect sealed with 7 seals till the end of time.

Satan is still able to bring lying signs that men can wonder after .. Collosians gives us a warning to those who do go above all things writen in the law and the prophets (sola scriptura) as human ideas.

Collosians 2:18 Some people enjoy acting as if they are humble and love to worship angels. They always talk about the visions they have seen. Don’t listen to them when they say you are wrong because you don’t do these things. It is so foolish for them to feel such pride, because it is all based on their own human ideas.