Does anyone else think we're close to America collapsing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And, just like queen Esther….we have been chosen to be here for such a time as THIS!! Yay God! ✟
But anyone who is not standing where God wants them to be standing is not like Esther. In spite of the Christian label many have attached to themselves or the declaration that they cannot throw away all of the good in order to save to save their flesh... how many will do so?

Reactions: Helen

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you mean the tribulation? I'm trying to read Revelations - it takes a lot to try to sort it out - at least for me. I've never had a good teaching on Revelations but from what I understand we're in the tribulation period now. A pastor who teaches our bible study said that we're going to be raptured before the tribulation. That doesn't make sense though because all the issues we're warned about that will happen in the end are upon us.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this? Has anyone found any solid bible teaching on Revelations?
Yes SG, things will continue to heat up and this will be the pretext for more control in every area. So called solutions will be found by Church and State joining forces implementing laws which reflect the desire for ultimate control.

Gods laws which are currently under challenge will receive more assaults and further legislation will be introduced to consolidate this so that man's laws become the rule of ultimate authority. The relative few who refuse to capitulate will be persecuted with increasing intensity. At the appointed time Jesus will intervene by his return, by his appearance in the clouds of heaven as described in Matthew 24:23-31 and 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Reactions: brakelite

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Men being eternal beings, meet their judgement before God after death. Nations being temporal, meet their judgement during their existence. Germany met theirs and Japan. America has been complicit in the deaths of 61,000,000 unborn babies. God has been evicted from everything. God's chosen, Israel did not escape. America won't either. Never has there been a time when so many stood against God and cheered evil and injustice. It's sobering to observe this slide to who knows what. It's a fearful thing.

Mercifully He placed Trump to slow the slide. But America will never see the greatness of the WWII years when all prayed, wept, mourned, worked and pulled together.

He will only allow His Holy name to be blasphemed for so long. Even a blind man can see the demise.

Nice to see you @Frank Lee I was praying for you on Sunday...I missed your face. :)

Reactions: Nancy

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i challenge anyone reading this to state a single metric that suggests the world is worse off than it was 100 or 1000 years ago
your perspectives reveal where your heart is, and you certainly can't hide it, so at least use the info imo
if you fear America collapsing you have made a confession--you have done a brave thing, especially in a Christian forum imo--now go all the way and rebound/change, as we are instructed. The cure is "pluck your eye out, it is better to enter the kingdom with one eye."
i could suggest 5 diff ways one might do this, or i guess the web can too, dunno

Nothing wrong with being aware of what might happen, but as you said! To stare at it, even with one eye, will cloud your being! As for so many have come and gone, with the anticipation of the end, and yet here we are. Be Faithful to the end, that should be our Goal and that is what we were asked to do!

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I told you already. All 1000 posts were erased by cowards.

Early on everyone expressed that your post were extremely large, and that most of us rarely take the time to read such extensive post's, and I do not believe any certain member erased your post's! I think that the Forum made a judgment call, and change the rule's to keep thing's a little simpler! I believe your heart was in the right place! Peace unto you, and Blessing's!

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And you are not God...heaven sakes what have you been smoking?
If you don't stop hijacking this thread I will hit the report button.

Just because you are not interested in the subject doesn't mean you can write your stupid rubbish here.

Go and play on some other forum site...I like it better when you were missing...
I'm surprised at your responses when you feel some pressure BG. Quick to make an accusation and report a brother and quick to distance yourself from another believer.

You judge for yourself whether this language is congruent with being a child of the kingdom!

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh Sovereign, you are not alone. I believe we are only seeing the culmination of greed and neglect for decades past in this country. I would say a good 90 some percent of politicians represent THEMSELVES and have not been at all representing people. Their greed has been out of control and their consciences are "seared as with a hot iron"-I see no going back a they are all rich, have the Cadillac of health insurances and if they leave office, they still get all kinds of tax payer paid perks. Money is the god of this world IMHO.
You're right and they're not even ashamed of being outright with their greed anymore. I read that psychopaths seek positions of power. It's galling that they sit atop of the taxpayers and we have to carry them even as they make decisions to harm us. It's just so sad what this country has become. A friend's daughter had a baby and she said it made her sad to bring a child into this world. I pray every day and ask God to get it over with because I almost can't stand to read the news.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have always believed in the rapture theory but, now having read Matthew 24 in a different way I find that the "rapture" is supposed to take place "immediately" after those days (Trib) and that is when He comes in the clouds to gather His people so...I am not sure about the rapture anymore...it can be dangerous to teach it as absolute truth...think of the people who are waiting for the rapture and if it does not happen as they have been told, their faith will be shattered and many will possibly end up receiving the mark, thinking Jesus hasn't returned, and for the unbelievers to see a Christian shaken will most likely receive the mark also...I sure do HOPE that the rapture takes place but, I would like to be prepared if it is not going to.
JMHO.
There are varying thoughts about it I'm seeing, causing confusion.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I think many of you are a little (extremely) overly fixated on the demise we are creating for this particular nation as being somehow, "the end-times", I do think that if we don't get our heads out of the sand — and VERY soon — there is not much of a future left for the United States as we know it. Oh, the country will remain, and people to live in it, (many of them, you younger people posting right here) but it will no longer be a great nation. We are rushing to turn ourselves into just another Venezuela.

The world is not ending. It is simply that other nations will take our place, and we will become a peoples oppressed and ruled by them. And it ain't just 7 short years of Hell on Earth you have to look forward to. It is going to be decades and decades of servitude and degradation.
What do you think people should do? I think we're teetering and on the way to becoming another Venezuela but I don't know what to do. I had hoped an average American would stand up and lead a Revolution, but no one has. Who do you believe is going to oppress us, Islam? I hope and pray that we're not put into servitude like Israel was, but I see no reason why God should bless our nation anymore. My husband and I watch old westerns and I long for the days when we were a Christian nation. There was such a different tone to bygone eras - today everything is wrong and bass-ackward.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, no. We're not in the tribulation now. That's ridiculous. And the pastor who teaches your Bible study is mistaken as well.

Just relax, Sovereign Grace. There is still a long ways to go yet. As for Revelations, yes, it is a lot to study. But just pray to the Lord to open the meaning of the Book to you, and He will start to help you understand it piece by piece.
I'm invested in how this country goes because I have children and grandchildren who I'm protective of, and I'm concerned about what's happening. It's hard to know who is right about the teaching but that's a good suggestion about asking God to make it clear. I feel that He opened my eyes up to Agenda 21 and I can see how it's being fulfilled, and how it lines right up with heading towards a one-world government. I tried sharing it with two pastors at our bible study and they don't see it - yet anyway. I watched a documentary last night about how all these people are building bunkers. It shocked me because I didn't know that was going on, but they said a lot of the wealthy are doing it. So what do they know that we don't?

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LoL. If you were referring to Nancy and Sovereign Grace, they're 60 and 68 respectively. I'm sure they'll appreciate that remark. You may have just made their week, and it's only Monday. :)
I must have hit the wrong number when signing up here! I'm 61. I'm still a young chic! That did make my week! (And believe me, I need something to make my week better)

Reactions: Helen

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did already. You are "catholic". Differences of opinion on Revelation exist within Roman Catholicism, just consider Hans Urs von Balthasar's Casta Meretrix.
What do Catholics believe about the end times? I was raised Catholic but didn't learn anything because we were just "token" Catholics - my father took us to church, and my mother stayed home since she was protestant.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes SG, things will continue to heat up and this will be the pretext for more control in every area. So called solutions will be found by Church and State joining forces implementing laws which reflect the desire for ultimate control.

Gods laws which are currently under challenge will receive more assaults and further legislation will be introduced to consolidate this so that man's laws become the rule of ultimate authority. The relative few who refuse to capitulate will be persecuted with increasing intensity. At the appointed time Jesus will intervene by his return, by his appearance in the clouds of heaven as described in Matthew 24:23-31 and 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
Yes! That's what I'm seeing: more and more government control. I'm shocked by the way the government can turn on our phones remotely to listen in. It makes me uncomfortable in my own home! Tucker Carlson said he refuses to keep a cell phone in his bedroom. I watched a documentary on how they can switch your TV on and listen in. They can even control your car remotely. It's really gotten bizarre how much control is over us. The government is not supposed to have this much power. And I don't think we've seen the last of Obama. He has something about him that grieves my spirit - I can't stand to hear his voice. Do you have any thoughts on the FEMA camps?