Does anyone else think we're close to America collapsing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
From out of the heart the mouth speaks. Stay watchful.

BTW, so IS it okay for him to have two avatar names then?
TheHolyBookEnds AND Benjamin Calvary...

All the posts in this thread where made at the time by "Benjamin Calvary"...now that name and avatar pic has gone...and suddenly he is back to his old avatar and name TheHolyBookEnd again.

If that is okay...then we all need to know that. What is good for the goose is also good for the gander...

And... I will keep my nose in my own pocket in the future.

Reactions: Nancy

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Chris
He has been breaking the Forum Rules and running TWO avatar names. It is so obvious that he was suspended as TheHolyBookEnds so he opened up an account as @Benjamin Calvary... which is not found any more...but all his posts now show up with THBE avatar.

It looks like he has been cooking the books...which speaks to Character...and not a very honest Christian one either!!! :(

Thanks for the heads up, Ma'am. Aside from a few spot posts here and there, I haven't been that active in a while really. But I had yesterday free so I decided to spend some time at the Forum again. My reward was to run into that mess. :rolleyes:

Oh, well. Glad there are still some great members here, with you maybe topping the list. :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you kind sir. @Hidden In Him

But don't stay away too long. Please. He is not the whole Site...but just an irritant. I must say...although I didn't and don't agree with him on anything much at all...I did at least think he had integrity...but he has shown himself not even left with that...ie by having both 'TheHolyBookEnds' and 'Benjamin Calvary'...anything there in the case of integrity is now totally gone and been exposed for him. Shame on him...

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
BTW, so IS it okay for him to have two avatar names then?
TheHolyBookEnds AND Benjamin Calvary...

All the posts in this thread where made at the time by "Benjamin Calvary"...now that name and avatar pic has gone...and suddenly he is back to his old avatar and name TheHolyBookEnd again.

If that is okay...then we all need to know that. What is good for the goose is also good for the gander...

And... I will keep my nose in my own pocket in the future.

What you witnessed when his name changed was the merging of accounts. We tend not to allow multiple accounts.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most Catholics are amillennialists. I am

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But don't stay away too long. Please. He is not the whole Site...but just an irritant. I must say...although I didn't and don't agree with him on anything much at all...I did at least think he had integrity...but he has shown himself not even left with that...ie by having both 'TheHolyBookEnds' and 'Benjamin Calvary'...anything there in the case of integrity is now totally gone and been exposed for him. Shame on him...

Agreed. What sort of brother uses an alias to mask his identity? Yet WE are the ones who are supposedly shamed for not regarding him as a "brother." TBHE isn't a brother, he's a rank heretic who incessantly teaches falsehood, and I don't think he deserves sympathy from anyone at this website.

Reactions: Helen

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hey how ya been? Why do you say that?

I was just joking around......the term Catholic was being assigned at random and with glee and i was feeling left out.

I am doing ok. Treatment is going well. How are you?

I am in the middle of several surgeries....eyes, back and feet.....i am getting everything fixed at once.

Last edited:

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm surprised at your responses when you feel some pressure BG. Quick to make an accusation and report a brother and quick to distance yourself from another believer.

You judge for yourself whether this language is congruent with being a child of the kingdom!

I am kinda favorable to the term ‘rubbish’, myself......it is so descriptive and retro

I am going to steal it, BG!

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Most Catholics are amillennialists. I am
Right. Amillennialism began with Augustine, remained in the Catholic Church, and was never challenged by the Protestant Reformers. That does not make it biblical.

Reactions: farouk

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm glad to hear that you're doing better.

As much hatred as I see against Catholicism I have to wonder why that is.

Yes, me too. I was in a bad spot 60 days ago. Nice to get all the surgeries too - incentive to remain in treatment

As far as hatred against Catholics......some of it is brought on by Catholics.

I am still a member of the Catholic Church, but i stopped tithing to the Church a couple of years ago - my tithe goes directly to ministeries both Catholic and Protestant. Until Francis cleans house, i will not risk contributing money to a church that allows organized sex rings like the one uncovered in PA. There is no spin that can make that go away.

Sorry for the derail.

Reactions: lforrest and Helen

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes! That's what I'm seeing: more and more government control. I'm shocked by the way the government can turn on our phones remotely to listen in. It makes me uncomfortable in my own home! Tucker Carlson said he refuses to keep a cell phone in his bedroom. I watched a documentary on how they can switch your TV on and listen in. They can even control your car remotely. It's really gotten bizarre how much control is over us. The government is not supposed to have this much power. And I don't think we've seen the last of Obama. He has something about him that grieves my spirit - I can't stand to hear his voice. Do you have any thoughts on the FEMA camps?
SG, I have heard of the FEMA camps and the speculation that goes with them. Frankly, I would not be surprised at anything a power bent on control would pursue. I look at medieval history where Church and state were in the same bed bent on control. Not just hundreds or even thousands but millions were persecuted and slaughtered so that control could be maintained and all in the name of God.

I look at the feet of iron and clay in the Daniel 2 prophecy of the metal man. These are the days allotted to us where weak and strong nations attempt to form alliances that endure yet the prophecy says they will not hold just as iron and clay does not hold or mix. In these days we are told the God of Heaven will set up his Kingdom. I believe this is referring to the return of Jesus.

There are tough times ahead with a sifting inevitable. All who take on the name of Jesus will be sorely tested and then the end will come.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Any pretext to out those you oppose. When a persons position can't be countered his person is attacked.
The information presented is not perused but charges are laid of 'too much' or too long
He is asked to prove his position yet what he presents is not considered by those who ask.
The titanic sinks while the dance continues.

The fact is, when the nail is struck on the head and the nail is driven, objections of a skewed sort arise. Few can countenance a straight testimony. They prefer bent nails which go nowhere.

They didn't murder Jesus because he followed their rules.

Reactions: brakelite

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are varying thoughts about it I'm seeing, causing confusion.
Same here, on several subjects. I just keep my heart open to the Holy Spirit at all times and will settle on something only when I have a great peace about it. Keeping in the word is so important and, I will admit that I have spent more time on this site over the last few months that I have allowed my bible reading to suffer some I'm afraid :oops:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Any pretext to out those you oppose. When a persons position can't be countered his person is attacked.
The information presented is not perused but charges are laid of 'too much' or too long
He is asked to prove his position yet what he presents is not considered by those who ask.
The titanic sinks while the dance continues.

The fact is, when the nail is struck on the head and the nail is driven, objections of a skewed sort arise. Few can countenance a straight testimony. They prefer bent nails which go nowhere.

They didn't murder Jesus because he followed their rules.

Oh come on! Your bucket has holes in it.
You may have known that all the time he was posting in this thread as 'Benjamin Calvary' ...he was really TheHolyBookEnds faking his identity. Not a very "christian " thing to do...so don't point fingers at me.
As I said in my post to Hidden in Him ,
< I did at least think he had integrity...but he has shown himself not even left with that...ie by having two membership names 'TheHolyBookEnds' and 'Benjamin Calvary'...which is against the forum rules. >

Maybe you don't believe that Christians are called to be open and honest...but that is what I read in the bible. He was 'acting' a lie.

Plus he was posting silly one liner post to interrupt this thread, which had nothing to do with the opening post at all....
This post is totally derailed now.
Sorry @Soverign Grace :(

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're right and they're not even ashamed of being outright with their greed anymore. I read that psychopaths seek positions of power. It's galling that they sit atop of the taxpayers and we have to carry them even as they make decisions to harm us. It's just so sad what this country has become. A friend's daughter had a baby and she said it made her sad to bring a child into this world. I pray every day and ask God to get it over with because I almost can't stand to read the news.
I don't even watch TV, much less the news, lol. Although, I do like to check online news about Israel and the M.E. All of this horrible stuff has pretty much been promised us in the bible. It is our faith that must get stronger and stronger as the world gets worse and worse. Is your friend's daughter a Christian? If so, I hope she will not fret but, have faith.

Reactions: aspen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don't even watch TV, much less the news, lol. Although, I do like to check online news about Israel and the M.E. All of this horrible stuff has pretty much been promised us in the bible. It is our faith that must get stronger and stronger as the world gets worse and worse. Is your friend's daughter a Christian? If so, I hope she will not fret but, have faith.
Hebrews 12.2 says, keep 'looking unto Jesus' :).

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh come on! Your bucket has holes in it.
You may have known that all the time he was posting in this thread as 'Benjamin Calvary' ...he was really TheHolyBookEnds faking his identity. Not a very "christian " thing to do...so don't point fingers at me.
As I said in my post to Hidden in Him ,
< I did at least think he had integrity...but he has shown himself not even left with that...ie by having two membership names 'TheHolyBookEnds' and 'Benjamin Calvary'...which is against the forum rules. >

Maybe you don't believe that Christians are called to be open and honest...but that is what I read in the bible. He was 'acting' a lie.

Plus he was posting silly one liner post to interrupt this thread, which had nothing to do with the opening post at all....
This post is totally derailed now.
Sorry @Soverign Grace :(
like i said BG, any pretext.