Genesis 1:26 Revisited, the Ordinal “FIRST”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You use the wrong scripture to prove your point. Psalms proves that 'The LORD' (Jesus's God and Father) is greater than 'the Lord' (Jesus himself). It is 'The LORD' that makes 'the Lord'(s) enemies his footstool. Jesus confirms this relationship in John 14:28)

Let's substitute some names into John 14:28. ..... for my Father is greater than I. For 'The LORD' is greater than 'the Lord'.

Now let's substitute some names into Psalms 110:1. The Father said unto Jesus, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

We know this is a true relationship because The LORD has also welcomed back the Lord to the heavens to sit on his right hand to await the second coming. So the relationship between the Father/The LORD, and Jesus/the Lord is confirmed at least 3 times in scripture.

my Father/The Lord is greater than I/my Lord/Jesus. Not an equal share of ones diversified-self.

BTW your post 24 does not correlate with this discussion.
ERROR, since you're substituting, Let's substitute this way.. "for My Spirit/Father is Greater than, (I), my, Flesh/Son. BINGO, now that's much better, and accurate. which denotes quantity rather than quality.... :D YIKES!.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ERROR, since you're substituting, Let's substitute this way.. "for My Spirit/Father is Greater than, (I), my, Flesh/Son. BINGO, now that's much better, and accurate. which denotes quantity rather than quality.... :D YIKES!.

PICJAG
OK, that gets us closer. You have been adamant that the spirit Father and the flesh Son are the same person, Jesus. If you think that, then you have to believe that one part of Jesus has to be greater than the other part of Jesus. Is this possible?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, that gets us closer. You have been adamant that the spirit Father and the flesh Son are the same person, Jesus. If you think that, then you have to believe that one part of Jesus has to be greater than the other part of Jesus. Is this possible?
ERROR, a shared nature, is not in error, but is the answer, again, in fleh and in the G2758 κενόω kenoo state, he is limited, hence the reason to die from the flesh. did you even read the post in the topic, Psalms 110:1 ……. contemporary Psalms 110:1 ……. contemporary
I guess not....

so as I said, go back and read my posts, for you only are arguing from ignorance

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to all who hold the three person doctrine. scripture, Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."

the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ, is this two separate and distinct Spirit? yes or no..... remember your doctrine states that the Father is not the son, and vice versa.

PICJAG

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ERROR, a shared nature, is not in error, but is the answer, again, in fleh and in the G2758 κενόω kenoo state, he is limited, hence the reason to die from the flesh. did you even read the post in the topic, Psalms 110:1 ……. contemporary Psalms 110:1 ……. contemporary
I guess not....

so as I said, go back and read my posts, for you only are arguing from ignorance

PICJAG
Yes, I read both of them, and Psalms 110:1 agrees that the spirit God is greater than the flesh diversitied self. So we agree that Jesus's God is greater than Jesus himself is, as per John 14:28. Right?

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to all who hold the three person doctrine. scripture, Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."

the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ, is this two separate and distinct Spirit? yes or no..... remember your doctrine states that the Father is not the son, and vice versa.

PICJAG
I believe God has a spirit, and his Son Jesus Christ has a spirit. They have personal spirits. There is another Spirit, called the Holy Spirit which does what God and Jesus tell him to do. The Holy Spirit is not the same as God's personal spirit, and Jesus's personal spirit.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe God has a spirit, and his Son Jesus Christ has a spirit. They have personal spirits. There is another Spirit, called the Holy Spirit which does what God and Jesus tell him to do. The Holy Spirit is not the same as God's personal spirit, and Jesus's personal spirit.
first thanks for the reply, second, this is a good discussion now. I thank you for the acknowledgment in Post #485, because the Spirit has no restrictions, as was the equal Share, with a body which was Limited, and G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō').

which is addressed here in this post of yours. yes God is a Spirit, not that God has a spirit, no, God is the Spirit. now if you believe that the Holy Spirit is a separate Spirit then you have two Spirit(s). with that statement, what you said is not bible, listen, Ephesians 4:4 "There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;".

so what we need to do is understand that the only Spirit, Who we call God, is ONLY "ONE" Spirit. keep that Ephesians 4:4, "ONE Spirit" in your mind.

now, as I was talking with JBF, we need to agreee before we can walk together. now from your post, you believe that there is more Spirit(s) than the Holy Spirit... correct. well I don't believe so. let see if this is true.

Evidence #1. Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."
here, we have only ONE Spirit. for if you have two separate Spirits, then Ephesians 4:4 contridict you, as well as Malachi 2:10 "Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?"
Now if you say the Father is a Spirit that is separate from the Holy Spirit, then Ephesians 1:3 do not agree with you, "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:" so a second separate Spirit(s) is anti bible. HERE, God, who is the Spirit, and Father is that Same one Spirit.

Evidence #2. now, knowing that, was it not the Holy Spirit who inspired the Prophets of old? scripture, 2 Peter 1:21 "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." ok, who is this Holy Ghost/Holy Spirit that was in these Prophets to inspire them? let the Bible tell us.... 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:"1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow."

STOP, WHO WAS IN THESE OT PROPHETS INSPIRING THEM? let the bible speak, 1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them". the Spirit of Christ? but was it not the Holy Spirit who moved/inspired them? yes, the Spirit of Christ is the Spirit of God, who is the Holy Ghost/Father.

so Gregory, let me put this forth to you. There is only one Spirit who is the Holy Spirit, holding the title "Father", and diversified/Shared in flesh, and (G2758 κενόω kenoo in that flesh), holding the title Son. the truth is of God's plurality is this. SHARENESS not separateness. when one apply SHARENESS as G243 allos states, then one can clearly see not two separate person(s), but one Person/Spirit equally shared in a nature of a. Natural Flesh in a G2758 κενόω kenoo state. and b. now in a glorified/resurrected body of flesh, NOT in a G2758 κενόω kenoo state, but glorified in the Spirit, (All Power), which he had, and was before, before, before, the world was. BINGO.

now, I ask you to give your assessment of what I said, and then we can discuss. see, if what one believe is true, they can put it on the table and let it be examine. for if it is truth, then no scripture can refute it, but only confirm it. but if it's a lie, then the Scripture will expose it, for what it is, a lie.

so I have put what I believe on the table as I have always done. now you can examine what I have put on the table.... "share" vs "separate".

so far, in these two last posts of yours, you asked a good question. now the ball is in your court to discuss, not argue, but discuss, by the scripture.

PICJAG

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
101G says:
yes God is a Spirit, not that God has a spirit, no, God is the Spirit.

If God is just a spirit, then we mortal men would be just spirit. But we are not. We are flesh and bone. The only thing different between God and mortal man is that God has spirit flowing through his body of flesh and bone, making it a way different entity they we mortal, who have blood flowing through our bodies of flesh and bone. Genesis 1:26. If we mortal men are created in God's image and likeness, then he has to have a body of flesh and bone and spirit. Can't be any other way.

Ephesians 4:4 "There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;".
There is only one Holy Spirit. There is no arguing that there is only one Holy Spirit, but there is also one God, and one Jesus Christ.
For instance:
John 14:23 King James Version (KJV)
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

So if you use the word "we" then you have more than one. The Holy Spirit is one Spirit. God the Father is one, and Jesus is one. They make 3, which would need the word, "we" to describe their movements. Besides in Ephesians 4:4 it talkes of one body. What is that body? it is made up of the millions of members of the church that constitute one body. The one Spirit, if it is not talking about the oneness of the body, can constitute 3 Persons, God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. They are one, (in purpose) not one physically.

Evidence #1. Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."

Interesting. If God dwell and Jesus dwell in you, you are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit. Even though you are a mortal with flesh and bone.

Talking about the Spirit, it is a bit tricky, because God has a spirit, Jesus Christ has a spirit (Luke 23:26) If Jesus has a spirit, then so does his Father. Then there is the Holy Spirt. He does the bidding of the Father and the Son. I do not have a problem identifying the Holy Spirit as the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ as in Romans 8:9.

we have only ONE Spirit. for if you have two separate Spirits, then Ephesians 4:4 contridict you
And if I say they are ONE Spirit then Matthew 3:16 contradicts you. Jesus coming out of water, and Holy Spirit coming down from above. Proof of their separateness and distinctiveness. 2 entities one on the earth and the other cominig down to the earth.

STOP, WHO WAS IN THESE OT PROPHETS INSPIRING THEM? let the bible speak, 1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them". the Spirit of Christ? but was it not the Holy Spirit who moved/inspired them? yes, the Spirit of Christ is the Spirit of God, who is the Holy Ghost/Father.
I told you I have no problem with the Holy Spirit being the same as the Spirit of Christ. But it is only a name, both the Holy Spirit and Christ are not indwelling a person, only the Holy Spirit.

so Gregory, let me put this forth to you. There is only one Spirit who is the Holy Spirit, holding the title "Father", and diversified/Shared in flesh, and (G2758 κενόω kenoo in that flesh), holding the title Son. the truth is of God's plurality is this. SHARENESS not separateness.
You need to explain how this shareness is applied. When does the Holy Spirit identify itself as Jesus Christ. When the Father needs to speak, do the other 2 just sit in the background of the universe somewhere? When the Father and the Son send the Holy Spirit, do they all 3 somehow move as one to do the witnessing? You would have to explain that economy.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God is just a spirit, then we mortal men would be just spirit.
how ignorant can one be, do you not have a spirit? and yet have a body........ lol, man oh man haw can one miss the battleship, not a small boat, an aircraft carrier.......... have you heard of the resurrection? and in, in, in, that body the Spirit is the fulness, Colossians 2:9....... HELLO, HEllo, hello... clasic fade out.... :D YIKES!.

If we mortal men are created in God's image and likeness, then he has to have a body of flesh and bone and spirit. Can't be any other way.
oh so the light bulb is half way on.... now think..... is not the Spirit here on earth as we speak, and his body is in heaven as we speak?...... my God man can you not understand what a body is for? well go and look it up..... (smile).

So if you use the word "we" then you have more than one.
that's fleshly thinking, :eek: YIKES!. Romans 8:5 "For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit." Romans 8:6 "For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace." Romans 8:7 "Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be." Romans 8:8 "So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God." Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his." WOW, you might want to read that verse again.......

Besides in Ephesians 4:4 it talkes of one body. What is that body? it is made up of the millions of members of the church that constitute one body.
well you're batting a 1000, but it's a minus 1000..... :D listen, if you had a 1000 Spirits/Gods in one Body, are they the exact same, or different...... see how ignorant that example is you gave.. see all the members are different, but God is ONE. now lets get a good example..... Galatians 3:20 "Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one." is not the Lord Jesus God? Hebrews 6:13 "For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself," BINGO, and is not the Lord Jesus the "EQUAL" ..... WITH God? yes, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:" BINGO, and on top of that is he not the fulness of the ONE TRUE and LIVING GOD? again, Colossians 2:9. see Gregory, diversified oneness will expose you every time....... the only reason why I'm responding to you, because you're trying to learn, but it's doing you no good..... oh well.

Talking about the Spirit, it is a bit tricky
see, anything "TRICKY is not of God but the devil...... JUST STOP..... PLEASE.

that's a shame, enough....

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Keys to the Godhead.

God, the Holy Spirit, is a plurality of himself which shows him, the Holy Spirit, as Father and Son. one person

KEY #1. Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:"
the term One here is the Hebrew word,
H259 אֶחָד 'echad (ech-awd') adj.
1. (properly) united, i.e. one.
2. (as an ordinal) first.
[a numeral from H258]
KJV: a, alike, alone, altogether, and, any(-thing), apiece, a certain, (dai-)ly, each (one), + eleven, every, few, first, + highway, a man, once, one, only, other, some, together.
Root(s): H258

here the "LORD", or the Father, the Holy Spirit, JESUS, is identified as the "FIRST, the Ordinal First Father.

KEY #2. 1 Corinthians 15:45 "And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit."
the term LAST here is the Greek word,
G2078 ἔσχατος eschatos (es'-cha-tos) adj.
farthest, final (of place or time).
[a superlative probably from G2192 (in the sense of contiguity)]
KJV: ends of, last, latter end, lowest, uttermost
Root(s): G2192

here the "Lord", or the Son, the Holy Spirit, JESUS, is identified as the "LAST, the Ordinal Last, the son.
for our Lord is in a diversified state, holding, the possessed with. many christian do not understand the term WITH. the ROOT of G2078 ἔσχατος eschatos is
G2192 ἔχω echo (e'-chō) v.
σχέω scheo (sche'-ō) [alternate form, certain tenses only]
to hold (such as possession, ability, contiuity, relation, or condition).
{used in very various applications, literally or figuratively, direct or remote}
[a primary verb]
KJV: be (able, X hold, possessed with), accompany, + begin to amend, can(+ -not), X conceive, count, diseased, do + eat, + enjoy, + fear, following, have, hold, keep, + lack, + go to law, lie, + must needs, + of necessity, + need, next, + recover, + reign, + rest, + return, X sick, take for, + tremble, + uncircumcised, use

as the ability to, possessed with, this make him the diversity/offspring, because he in flesh is conceive, is in likeness of a man. supportive scripture, Zechariah 13:7 "Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones."

here the term "FELLOW" sumes up all that is said of the Ordinal LAST. God as a man, his Image. or as the Greek states, he the G243 allos/Another of himself in flesh.

with thesr two keys., then one can start their understanding of God as the "EQUAL" one of himself in flesh. for the scriptures are clear,

Romans 1:19 "Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them."

Romans 1:20 "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:"

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.

lets start the building block of "diversified Oneness", the doctrine. to build any doctrine, we start with the Stone, (the corner stone of any biblical foundation), the Lord Jesus. that stone that the builders reject, or refuse to build on, is the only Foundation that anyone can build on. and he is the Spirit, which we will build on.

God the G243 allos, the plurality of God, as Spirt, and spirit in the flesh

#1. The Stone.
what is the definition of G243 allos, and what do it states. using the Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words, Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort. lets examine this step by step.

Step #1. "a numerical difference". numerically speaking there are Cardinal numbers, and there are also Ordinal numbers. now the question is asked, "do one know the difference between Cardinal numbers, and Ordinal numbers?". within the Godhead there is only a numerical difference in Ordinal. which is EXPRESSED as, "the First", and the "The Last". Uh O. are the Light bulbs coming on now? why do we use this expression First and Last? because it is biblical. scripture, Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:" the term here "ONE" is the Hebrew word,
H259 אֶחָד 'echad (ech-awd') adj.
1. (properly) united, i.e. one.
2. (as an ordinal) first.
[a numeral from H258]
KJV: a, alike, alone, altogether, and, any(-thing), apiece, a certain, (dai-)ly, each (one), + eleven, every, few, first, + highway, a man, once, one, only, other, some, together.
Root(s): H258

definition #2. is our first, (brick, so to speak) in building our biblical doctrine of "diversified Oneness".

a ordinal number can be expressed not only as, First and last, in a "a numerical difference" as G243 express, which shows POSITION, (in plasce and time, which is important, keep that in mind), but also it can be expressed as, the beginning, and the End, (position, or place). it also can be expressed as, Alpha and Omega, or Aleph and Tav, or Root and Offspring, or as Father and Son. yes as Father/First, (in place, and time), and Son/Last, (in place and in time). now I know the Light bulbs are coming now. why is the, (Position, place, and time) is so important in ordinal expression? answer, the term beginning. listen, Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." here Beginning is the Hebrew word, H7225 רֵאשִׁית re'shiyth (ray-sheeth') n-f.
1. the first, in place, time, order or rank.
2. (specifically) a firstfruit.
[from the same as H7218]
KJV: beginning, chief(-est), first(-fruits, part, time), principal thing.
Root(s): H7218

look at Definition 1. the first, in place, time, order or rank. which correspond to Deuteronomy 6:4, as the Ordinal first.

now, the Last, the Ordinal last, in placr and time. John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
here the Greek term, "beginning" is, G746 ἀρχή arche (ar-chee') n.
1. (properly abstract) a commencement.
2. (concretely) chief (in various applications of order, time, place, or rank).
[from G756]
KJV: beginning, corner, (at the, the) first (estate), magistrate, power, principality, principle, rule
Root(s): G756

Notice definition 2. (concretely) chief (in various applications of order, time, place, or rank). a couple of things to notice. A. "concretely", meaning "manifested", or seen. what was not seen, (abstract), at Genesis 1:1 is now seen, (concrete), at John 1:1.... God "shared" in flesh, or the incarnation of God in Flesh and bone, with blood, BINGO. understand, Flesh and blood was not at Genesis 1:1 but Jesus was........ :eek: YIKES! now one should be understanding the Genesis 1:26 and 27 as to who the "us" and "our" is that MADE man, in "HIS" a single person, verse 27 image.... oh man I know the light bulbs are coming on now. I have just gave you the answer to the "us" and "our" of Genesis 1:26, as the "he" in verse 27. that's why the Lord Jesus said in matthews 19:4, "that HE made them male and female". because flesh and blood was not at Genesis 1:1, but the Spirit was. and that flesh and blood was to come, Romand 5:14b, "who is the figure of him that was to come" oh what a revelation.

now that we have the Numerical Difference down, (of ordinal position, and place, and time), lets examine the "same Sort".

step #2. "the Same sort", what do SORT means? according to dictionary.com, sort, as a noun. 1. a particular kind, species, variety, class, or group, distinguished by a common character or nature: 2. character, quality, or nature. there is only one nature of God which is Spirit. and there is only ONE "Spirit", so the only one of the Same Sort or Nature is the Spirit. what do I mean here? the Lord Jesus, the ordinal last has the same one Nature as the ordinal First has, Spirit. but it is a "EQUALLY SHARED" nature, or Spirit, to come, or manifest in flesh. hence the truth of the scripture, Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his." the Spirit of God/Father, the ordinal First is the SHARED, MANIFESTED Spirit of the ordinal Last.... the Spirit of Christ/the Son, BINGO.

understand, G243 allos, "Another" expresses a numerical difference, (the Father/the ordinal First, the Spirit of God, the LORD), and denotes another, (the Son/the ordinal Last, the Spirit of Christ, the Lord), of the same sort.

lets see it clearly as in "Another"...... or the G243 Allos, the COMFORTER...... per John 14:16. or the Spirit of Christ, the same one Spirit,in the OT Prophets, 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:"1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow." WHO WAS IN THESE PROPHETS? the Spirit of Christ? ANSWER, 2 Peter 1:21 "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." there he is the Spirit of Christ, who is the Holy Spirit the Spirit of God, that was in the OT Prophets. BINGO.

with this information, it answer the Genesis 1:26 ...... and the Genesis 1:27 question completly as to who made MAN, the male and the Female. just connect the dots.... in this case connect the Spirit, and not Spirit(s)...

PICJAG

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
101G says:
how ignorant can one be, do you not have a spirit? and yet have a body........ lol, man oh man haw can one miss the battleship, not a small boat, an aircraft carrier.......... have you heard of the resurrection? and in, in, in, that body the Spirit is the fulness, Colossians 2:9....... HELLO, HEllo, hello... clasic fade out.... :D YIKES!.

When you use language like this, you have put up the white flag. You reflect the discussion to try to minimize me. That is not the discussion. So stop it and stay with the discussion.

oh so the light bulb is half way on.... now think..... is not the Spirit here on earth as we speak, and his body is in heaven as we speak?...... my God man can you not understand what a body is for? well go and look it up..... (smile).
There you go again with the uneccesary language. I have told you before, when you use "my God man", you use the name of God in vain, and God will not hold you guiltless for doing so. BE CAREFUL with this phrase.
So whose Spirit is here on earth and who's body is in heaven as we speak?

but God is one
God is one, but God the Father and God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are 3, but they are one in purpose and unity in the salvation of man.

see, anything "TRICKY is not of God but the devil...... JUST STOP..... PLEASE.

You used the tricky, but did not give the whole statement. That is called manipulation of my quote. Stop it. Here is the full quote.
"Talking about the Spirit, it is a bit tricky, because God has a spirit, Jesus Christ has a spirit (Luke 23:26) If Jesus has a spirit, then so does his Father. Then there is the Holy Spirt. He does the bidding of the Father and the Son. I do not have a problem identifying the Holy Spirit as the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ as in Romans 8:9."

Read why it is tricky, it is not of the devil.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
101G says:

When you use language like this, you have put up the white flag. You reflect the discussion to try to minimize me. That is not the discussion. So stop it and stay with the discussion.

There you go again with the uneccesary language. I have told you before, when you use "my God man", you use the name of God in vain, and God will not hold you guiltless for doing so. BE CAREFUL with this phrase.
101G says:

God is one, but God the Father and God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are 3, but they are one in purpose and unity in the salvation of man.

You used the tricky, but did not give the whole statement. That is called manipulation of my quote. Stop it. Here is the full quote.
"Talking about the Spirit, it is a bit tricky, because God has a spirit, Jesus Christ has a spirit (Luke 23:26) If Jesus has a spirit, then so does his Father. Then there is the Holy Spirt. He does the bidding of the Father and the Son. I do not have a problem identifying the Holy Spirit as the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ as in Romans 8:9."

Read why it is tricky, it is not of the devil.
so we can take this as you have no rebuttal to the scriptures I gave?

see, you're only Talk, which if that's all you want to do, then that's what twitter, and facebook is for.

PICJAG

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so we can take this as you have no rebuttal to the scriptures I gave?

see, you're only Talk, which if that's all you want to do, then that's what twitter, and facebook is for.

PICJAG
Again, you have taken only this statement from my whole quote. I answered your question after I said this.

So answer my whole post rather than pick something you think gives you an edge and leave out the rest.

People can see that you did this by looking back on post 492. So it just makes you look deceptive. And this is the true reflection away from the discussion.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.

Yes, the case is closed. because, if someone, (who believes in a three person Godhead theory), cannot answer why only "ONE" person made man, because God said that HE made mankind, (Genesis 1:27). so why did God say, "Let US", (Genesis 1:26), make mankind?, when in fact it was only "HIM" that made mankind? for the Lord Jesus confirms that it was "HIM" (the ordinal first/the Father), one person, who made mankind, (Male and Female). well now, this is interesting, because, the Lord Jesus, the ordinal Last, the Son who "MADE ALL THINGS", (John 1:3), said in Matthews 19:4 that "HE" a single person, (the ordinal first/the Father), made mankind. but the problem is this, Jesus Christ the Son, (the ordinal last), was not at Genesis 1:26 & 27, Meaning flesh and Bone with Blood was not there, but he, JESUS, was..... Uh O..... Houston, we got a problem........ (for Some).

so if any, three person Godhead believers, care to explain why it was only “one” person who made mankind, when indeed God himself, the one person, who said, “LET US” make mankind, feel free to explain it. the ball is in your court.

oh by the way to help you fellas out, John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." (this is the Lord Jesus, the ordinal last/the Son). BUT, BUT, and that's with one "T", …… but now, Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;" BINGO, (this is the LORD JESUS, the Ordinal First/the Father), who was "ALONE" and "BY HIMSELF" just as Genesis 1:26 & 27 States. ........ is not the BIBLE GREAT, and GRAND in it’s OWNself, in how it just explain it’s own verses of scriptures. this is the Holy Ghost Teaching ...... (smile)... ain't God the Holy Spirit Good. .... "Want he do it?". can I get a AMEN.

so, I’ll be looking for anyone of you to answer, so please don’t you all answer all at once…

thanks in advance……

PICJAG

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.

Yes, the case is closed. because, if someone, (who believes in a three person Godhead theory), cannot answer why only "ONE" person made man, because God said that HE made mankind, (Genesis 1:27). so why did God say, "Let US", (Genesis 1:26), make mankind?, when in fact it was only "HIM" that made mankind? for the Lord Jesus confirms that it was "HIM" (the ordinal first/the Father), one person, who made mankind, (Male and Female). well now, this is interesting, because, the Lord Jesus, the ordinal Last, the Son who "MADE ALL THINGS", (John 1:3), said in Matthews 19:4 that "HE" a single person, (the ordinal first/the Father), made mankind. but the problem is this, Jesus Christ the Son, (the ordinal last), was not at Genesis 1:26 & 27, Meaning flesh and Bone with Blood was not there, but he, JESUS, was..... Uh O..... Houston, we got a problem........ (for Some).

so if any, three person Godhead believers, care to explain why it was only “one” person who made mankind, when indeed God himself, the one person, who said, “LET US” make mankind, feel free to explain it. the ball is in your court.

oh by the way to help you fellas out, John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." (this is the Lord Jesus, the ordinal last/the Son). BUT, BUT, and that's with one "T", …… but now, Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;" BINGO, (this is the LORD JESUS, the Ordinal First/the Father), who was "ALONE" and "BY HIMSELF" just as Genesis 1:26 & 27 States. ........ is not the BIBLE GREAT, and GRAND in it’s OWNself, in how it just explain it’s own verses of scriptures. this is the Holy Ghost Teaching ...... (smile)... ain't God the Holy Spirit Good. .... "Want he do it?". can I get a AMEN.

so, I’ll be looking for anyone of you to answer, so please don’t you all answer all at once…

thanks in advance……

PICJAG
The Gods said let there be light
The Gods said let there be a firmament
The Gods said let there be a moon and a sun and stars
The Gods said let there be plants
The Gods said let there be animals
And then as if the title or name Elohim was not enough, The Gods said "let us" make man in "our image", after "our" likeness.

You are the one that has to explain that, because you are the one that is ignoring the words of the bible and are saying that God alone did it. So please explain away the plural nature of Elohim and the exact words that Moses used to have man created. The ball is seriously still in your court.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gods? bible book chapter and verse please....... :p YIKES!, and another :D YIKES! for your many God(s)..... lol.

And then as if the title or name Elohim was not enough, The Gods said "let us" make man in "our image", after "our" likeness.
if so true, then the very next verse, (verse 27), say, and God, not God(s) made man in HIS, HIS, HIS, IMAGE.......... o_O roll over and play dead.......

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to all my three person(s) God believing friends.
The question still stands of the Isaiah 44:24 verse. showing God is one person. but lets zero in on these so-called Person(s).

lets put it this way, using a fire starter verse. Isaiah 48:16 "Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me."

this verse of scripture seems like a good potential for a trinity verse.... lets see, the Lord God, one person? and the Spirit, one person, and the sent someone, one person. well 1+1+1=3 correct?

ok, let's see it this is true. (someone is sent correct), holding our thought of being "SENT", lets examine Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:"

just like in Isaiah 48:16, one have, A. the Lord God, and B. the Spirit sending someone ....... correct. and here in Revelation 1:1 someone, A. Jesus Christ, and God, the Spirit .... "SENT" his Angel, correct... follow so far? now, Isaiah 48:16 said the Lord God and the Spirit .... "sent".... correct. and here in Revelation 1:1 either God, (who is a Spirit, per John 4:24a or the Christ ..... "SENT" his angel.... agreed.

now, the angel who was sent told us who sent him, listen, Revelation 22:6 "And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done."

ok, it was the "Lord God" who sent his Angel.... correct. now this Lord God, is he the same Lord God of Isaiah 48:16, who with the Spirit that sent someone?

to all my three person Godhead believing friends, I ask you, is the Lord God in Isaiah 48:16 the Father who is the same one here in Revelation 22:6 the Lord God of..of ..of... the holy prophets, who sent his "Angel?", yes or no.

now before you answer, the angel said that the Lord God is of the "holy prophets". many scholars have said, "the Lord God" ........ of the holy prophets is the Father, who is the same one who is God in Revelation 1:1. now I ask you to re-read Isaiah 48:16, and revelation 1:1 and Revelation 22:6 again, as to whom the angel said sent him.....

believe it or not, I agree with the scholars, that said it is the Father who sent his angel to John. and the JW, can you believe it agree with that it's the Father God? and they, (the JW), even wrote his name in place of, "Lord God", in Revelation 22:6 where the angel said who sent him. the JW scripture says this. Revelation 22:6 "And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God (JEHOVAH) of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done." they actually replace the title, "Lord God", with the name, THEY BELIEVE IS THE FATHER'S NAME IS.

NOW MY QUESTION TO ALL MY three person Godhead believing friends, do you agree with the scholars, and the JW and many other who say it was the Father who sent his angel to John. and as said, can you believe 101G agree with them. now, DO YOU?

you see, in Isaiah 48:16, the Lord God and the Spirit.... did they send the Son? well who else is left? ......... :eek: YIKES!

so now, do you, my three person Godhead believing friends, DO YOU agree that it was the "Father" (the Lord God of the holy prophets) who sent his "angel" in Revelation 1:1?", the same Lord God of Isaiah 48:16?

what U say?

I'll be looking for your answer.

PICJAG

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gods? bible book chapter and verse please....... :p YIKES!, and another :D YIKES! for your many God(s)..... lol.

if so true, then the very next verse, (verse 27), say, and God, not God(s) made man in HIS, HIS, HIS, IMAGE.......... o_O roll over and play dead.......

PICJAG
Genesis 1:1, the translators translated the Hebrew title or name Elohim into the English word God, even though they knew for some reason Moses was talking about a plurality of Gods. So that later on in the creation Elohim said "let US, US, US" make man in "OUR, OUR, OUR " image and "OUR, OUR, OUR" likeness. Yikes:p Why did Moses use a plurality of Gods? You don't. Why did Moses?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 1:1, the translators translated the Hebrew title or name Elohim into the English word God, even though they knew for some reason Moses was talking about a plurality of Gods. So that later on in the creation Elohim said "let US, US, US" make man in "OUR, OUR, OUR " image and "OUR, OUR, OUR" likeness. Yikes:p Why did Moses use a plurality of Gods? You don't. Why did Moses?
We suggest you study the post #491, here is the link, Genesis 1:26 Revisited, the Ordinal “FIRST”

ERROR, Moses was never ever speaking of a plurality of God(s), no never. but in Genesis 1:1, and Genesis 1:26 Moses was speaking of only ONE God who is LORD, notice the all capalization, and this ONE God who is LORD", (and NOT a plurality of Gods), but the Ordinal of himself, that was to come in his own IMAGE ....... man, (God in flesh). understand, God who is the First Prophet in the bible spoke of himself to come, the Ordinal Last... :D YIKES! Genesis 1:27 is correct, "so God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them"

Gregory, how did God go from a "us", and "our", in verse 26, and in the very next verse 27 a "his", and a "he", a single person designation... well?

can you explan this? ..... we can.... :D

PICJAG