God's Personal Name & New World Translation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is God's Personal Name?

• Yahweh/Adonai/Jehovah

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • LORD (capital)

• Lord (lowercase)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread was inspired by another great one by @Aunty Jane in the thread about your favorite English translation.

This is the only name that God gave for himself in the Bible....and he said it was to be his name forever.
Exodus 3:15, in most English translations eliminates God's name and follows the lead of the disobedient Jews who were never told to replace God's illustrious name with a mere title. The ASV is one of the few that include the divine name in English.

"The Lord" is WHAT he is...."Jehovah" (Yahweh) is WHO he is.

The Bible is inspired of God...he is its author....so you have to ask what author would ever allows his name to be removed from his own work and replaced with the title, "Author"? That is insulting! So Christendom has a lot of explaining to do IMO....parroting off the Lord's Prayer saying, "Hallowed be thy name.....but never uttering it.

The last part proved again Hebrews 4:12, the word of God is alive; I keep thinking about the Lord's Prayer and Hallowed be thy name. And that begs the question, what is God's personal name?

I'm not sure how "I AM" became equated by many to be his personal name. As AJ said, that is WHAT he is. The VOICE translation emphasizes this with the word ETERNAL rather than LORD. The ETERNAL God, the LORD God, Jehovah God?

I generally like the NLT, which reads GE 3:15 "God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel: Yahweh, the God of your ancestors—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you. This is my eternal name, my name to remember for all generations."

Yet, earlier in GE 2, the NLT uses the title LORD (capital), as many translations do instead of his personal name. Here is how the New World Translation renders GE 2, which is consistent with EX 3:15.
4 This is a history of the heavens and the earth in the time they were created, in the day that Jehovah* God made earth and heaven.c
5 No bush of the field was yet on the earth and no vegetation of the field had begun sprouting, because Jehovah God had not made it rain on the earth and there was no man to cultivate the ground. 6 But a mist would go up from the earth, and it watered the entire surface of the ground.
7 And Jehovah God went on to form the man out of dustd from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life,e and the man became a living person.*f 8 Further, Jehovah God planted a garden in Eʹden,g toward the east; and there he put the man whom he had formed.h 9 Thus Jehovah God made to grow out of the ground every tree that was pleasing to look at and good for food and also the tree of lifei in the middle of the garden and the tree of the knowledge of good and bad.

This was a big eye opener and I look forward to your responses.

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This thread was inspired by another great one by @Aunty Jane in the thread about your favorite English translation.

The last part proved again Hebrews 4:12, the word of God is alive; I keep thinking about the Lord's Prayer and Hallowed be thy name. And that begs the question, what is God's personal name?

I'm not sure how "I AM" became equated by many with to be his personal name. As AJ said, that is WHAT he is. The VOICE translation emphasizes this with the word ETERNAL rather than LORD. The ETERNAL God, the LORD God, Jehovah God?

I generally like the NLT, which reads GE 3:15 "God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel: Yahweh, the God of your ancestors—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you. This is my eternal name, my name to remember for all generations."

Yet, earlier in GE 2, the NLT uses the title LORD (capital), as many translations do instead of his personal name. Here is how the New World Translation renders GE 2, which is consistent with EX 3:15.
4 This is a history of the heavens and the earth in the time they were created, in the day that Jehovah* God made earth and heaven.c
5 No bush of the field was yet on the earth and no vegetation of the field had begun sprouting, because Jehovah God had not made it rain on the earth and there was no man to cultivate the ground. 6 But a mist would go up from the earth, and it watered the entire surface of the ground.
7 And Jehovah God went on to form the man out of dustd from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life,e and the man became a living person.*f 8 Further, Jehovah God planted a garden in Eʹden,g toward the east; and there he put the man whom he had formed.h 9 Thus Jehovah God made to grow out of the ground every tree that was pleasing to look at and good for food and also the tree of lifei in the middle of the garden and the tree of the knowledge of good and bad.

I like to use a range of translations to see how various verses are translated, along with Strongs Concordance to indicate original language word meanings. These generally show where the divine the name was substituted with Adonai (LORD) and the Jewish Tanakh also shows where the divine name appears in the Hebrew text, but never in the English translation. There is so much more to the use of God’s name than most people can imagine.

Romans 10:13. Says....
“for “ Everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved.” How then are they to call on Him in whom they have not believed? How are they to believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how are they to hear without a preacher? But how are they to preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written: “ How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things!” (NASB)

Acts 2:21 says the same....
“And it shall be that everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved.’” (NASB)

“The LORD” is rendered in capitals, which means that it is referring to Jehovah, quoted from Hebrew scripture. (YHWH, Yahweh)

Most Bibles will render “the Lord” in lower case, and is understood to be indicating “the Lord” Jesus who is also “God” to them.....but there is no doubt that “calling on the name of Jehovah” is what was written in the Hebrew Scriptures that the apostle Paul quoted. (Joel 2:32) The apostles knew who their God was...and it wasn’t Jesus. (1 Corinthians 8:5-6)

So calling on the wrong “Lord” will not lead to salvation. Jesus said he came to make his Father’s name known....(John 17:26) And Simon Peter emphasised the importance of God’s name for the identification of his “people”.
Acts 15:14...
“Simeon has described how God first concerned Himself about taking a people for His name from among the Gentiles.” (NASB)

So the Bible itself indicates the importance of the divine name.....not fussing over pronunciation, because God knows his name in all languages. It was to be “hallowed”.....held in reverential sacredness...never to be taken up “in vain”....that is, not in a way that brings reproach on him.

Thank you for starting this thread...I believe that this subject is so important....

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm not sure how "I AM" became equated by many to be his personal name. As AJ said, that is WHAT he is. The VOICE translation emphasizes this with the word ETERNAL rather than LORD. The ETERNAL God, the LORD God, Jehovah God?

I would have selected the first one Wrangler, however Adonai is not God's name. Yahweh/Jehovah is, Adonai in English is Lord, and there are many of them, as there are many gods. I read the other day there are over 8000 different gods mentioned by name in the Bible, I do not know if that is true, but there are a passel of them for sure. So I chose other.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In the Complete Jewish Bible, YWH is spelled out as Adonai. I did not realize the term applied to other lords. For instance Ps 110:1 reads ‘Adonai said to my lord.’
In the NWT, it reads…
”Jehovah declared to my Lord:
“Sit at my right hand
Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.”

IOW Jehovah’s instructions to David’s Lord (the coming Messiah) was to sit at God’s right hand (the place of a King’s most trusted servant) until his enemies were placed ‘as a stool for his feet’.
He was then instructed to go with the power of God’s spirit to “Go subduing in the midst of your enemies.”
Substituting God’s name in that verse is confusing to say the least….

“Adonai" is simply a title “Lord” and can apply to any male personage in authority. This is why it is so insulting to Jehovah to eliminate his name from his own instruction manual.

God’s name encompassed everything he was and will be. No one can have a close relationship with someone whose name they do not know, or refuse to use.
“Hallowed by thy name” rings hollow in Christendom. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: DavidB and Wrangler

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Complete Jewish Bible, YWH is spelled out as Adonai. I did not realize the term applied to other lords. For instance Ps 110:1 reads ‘Adonai said to my lord.’

Actually Wrangler, I use that verse frequently to show the deliberate alteration of God's name. You actually have it backwards sir, the second Lord is Adonai, the first which is all capitalized LORD is YHWH, #3068 Strongs. Some forwards in versions that remove God's name will reveal that where it is all capitalized that is where the Divine name appears. The verse is properly rendered: Jehovah said to my Lord.

Reactions: tigger 2

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The inspired New Testament Greek text uses “Lord” when quoting the Old Testament where the abbreviated name appears.

That’s good enough for me to have peace with using “Lord”.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Actually Wrangler, I use that verse frequently to show the deliberate alteration of God's name. You actually have it backwards sir, the second Lord is Adonai, the first which is all capitalized LORD is YHWH, #3068 Strongs. Some forwards in versions that remove God's name will reveal that where it is all capitalized that is where the Divine name appears. The verse is properly rendered: Jehovah said to my Lord.

Psalm 110:1
Complete Jewish Bible

110 (0) A psalm of David:

(1) Adonai says to my Lord,
“Sit at my right hand,
until I make your enemies
your footstool.”

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is Isa 44:6 interlinear, where Yahweh(of Hosts) speaks to Yahweh(the Redeemer of Israel), and He is identified as first and last (which Christ refers to as Himself in Revelation)
upload_2022-5-10_12-30-42.png

Reactions: Nancy

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here is Isa 44:6 interlinear, where Yahweh(of Hosts) speaks to Yahweh(the Redeemer of Israel), and He is identified as first and last (which Christ refers to as Himself in Revelation)
View attachment 22461
The phrasing in another language is not always the same in English as you can see here.

The obscurity of his verse and the way it is phrased, is very obvious.....
The various renderings in other translations is interesting....

EXB...."The Lord, the king of Israel, is the Lord ·All-Powerful [Almighty; of Heaven’s Armies; T of hosts], who saves Israel. This is what he says: “I am the ·beginning and the end [L first and the last]. ·I am the only God [There is no god but me]."

GW..."The Lord is Israel’s king and defender. He is the Lord of Armies. This is what the Lord says: I am the first and the last, and there is no God except me."

ISV...."This is what the Lord says, the King of Israel and its Redeemer— the Lord of the Heavenly Armies is his name— “I am the first and I am the last, and apart from me there is no God."

TLB..."The Lord, the King of Israel, says—yes, it is Israel’s Redeemer, the Lord Almighty, who says it—I am the First and Last; there is no other God."

NCB..."Thus says the Lord, the Lord Almighty, Israel’s king and redeemer: I am the first and I am the last; there is no god but me."

NET..."This is what the Lord, Israel’s king, says, their Protector, the Lord of Heaven’s Armies: “I am the first and I am the last, there is no God but me."

NIV....“This is what the Lord says— Israel’s King and Redeemer, the Lord Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God."

Are you seeing what I am seeing? These translations indicate that Yahweh is Israel's King and Redeemer. Not because he is Jesus but because he is the one who sent Jesus to redeem mankind. That title applies to both Father and son. The one who sends the rescuer, is also a rescuer.

The title "First and Last" (Alpha and Omega) also applies to both Yahweh and his son.
Revelation 21 shows God's presence with humankind. “Look! the tent of God is with humankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. . . . I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To anyone thirsting I will give from the fountain of the water of life free. Anyone conquering will inherit these things, and I shall be his God and he will be my son.” (Revelation 21:3, 6, 7)

This reference is certainly to Yahweh, for he is God to the anointed body of Christ and they are his spiritual "sons". But in scripture these are referred to as Christ’s "brothers", not his "sons", so the text is speaking of Yahweh, and it calls him “the Alpha and the Omega”.

Can one entity be both a father and a son at the same time?
If this is not their relationship, then why present themselves that way? Humans understand this relationship in only one way. They were Father and son long before Jesus came to earth to be born as a human child.

"Alpha and Omega" is an indication of the 'beginning and end' of something. Both Yahweh and his son can claim to be the 'beginning and end' of things connected to God's purpose.
The Son is Yahweh's most "holy servant". (Acts 4:27)

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 110:1
Complete Jewish Bible

110 (0) A psalm of David:

(1) Adonai says to my Lord,
“Sit at my right hand,
until I make your enemies
your footstool.”

A little research will reveal the truth sir, are you just wanting to accept that versions rendering of it? Remember, one must worship God with spirit and truth Jn 4:24. Since other versions contradict that, you need to make sure of all things, and hold fast to what is fine for sure 1 Thes 5:21

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has several “personal” names, (so do men).

Taken, I have no idea what you are talking about. What other personal name does Joe Biden have?

It is so sad the desperate attempts to circumvent the simple truth. Why are you down playing Jevovah saying this is his name forever (and he does not say that about any of his 'several' other names?) I think you are confusing ones person name with their relationships and titles.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well of course that is not what EX 3:15 says. I was not quoting Ex 3:15!

‘ONE’ is a description of an amount.

No. "One" is a definition of an amount. This thread is about definition, not descriptions. For instance, the President has one name, defined on his birth certificate. We might paraphrase that defined name but the paraphrase does not extend to descriptions that you seem keen on falsely equating.

A single description can apply to many. Examples include: rich, old, American, women, atheist, dead. Definition of a name only applies to one. Said differently, do not equate genus with Differentia. There may be many servants (Acts 3:13) but only one God, whose name for ever is Yahweh (Ex 3:15), that we relate to as Father.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Semantics and irrelevant.
God has several names, titles, descriptions....already posted many.

IF you don’t get it, and feel better by making accusations toward me, give yourself a hug, I’m not impressed.

As nouns the difference between definition and description
is that definition is (semantics) a statement of the meaning of a word or word group or a sign or symbol (dictionary definitions) while description is a sketch or account of anything in words; a portraiture or representation in language; an enumeration of the essential qualities of a thing or species.
@Taken The titles of the Lord are such an absorbing and comforting subject in Scripture, if read with the eye of faith.

Reactions: Taken

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Personal Name & New World Translation
OP^

God has several “personal” names, (so do men).
God has several “personal” titles, (so do men).
God has several “personal” descriptions, (so do men).

Credit to the compilers;

English
(This section complied by Steve Rudd)

God

Elohim (Mighty Ones) 2606x

Genesis 1:1

God

El (Might, Power) 245x

Genesis 14:18

God

Eloah (Mighty One) 57x

Nehemiah 9:17

God

Elah (Aramaic form) 95x

Daniel 2:18

Yahweh (Jehovah), God, LORD

YHWH (Yahweh) 6519x

Gen 2:4; 15:2; Ex 6:3

Lord

YH (Yah) (abbreviated form of Yahweh) 49x

Psalm 68:4

Lord

Adon (Lord, Ruler) 335x

Joshua 3:11

Lord

Adonai (Lords, Rulers) 434x

Genesis 15:2

I Am That I Am

Eheyeh asher Eheyeh 1x

Exodus 3:14

I Am

Eheyeh 19x

Exodus 3:14; throughout Isa 40-55

Most High God

El-Elyon (Supreme Might)

Genesis 14:18

The God Of Sight

El-Roiy

Genesis 16:13

Almighty God

El-Shaddai (Might of the Powerful Ones)

Genesis 17:1

Everlasting God

El-Olam

Genesis 21:33

Rock

Cela (craig) Tzur (rock or strength)

Ps 18:2 (used interchangeably)

YHWH of Hosts

YHWH-sabaoth (Lord of Armies) 285x

1 Samuel 1:3

YHWH will provide

YHWH-jireh: will see or provide

Genesis 22:14

I, YHWH, am your healer.

YHWH-rapha: heals

Exodus 15:26

YHWH is my banner

YHWH-nissi: our banner or victory

Exodus 17:15

YHWH who sanctifies you

YHWH-m'kaddesh: sanctifies

Exodus 31:13

YHWH is peace

YHWH-shalom: peace

Judges 6:24

YHWH is my shepherd

YHWH-raah: my shepherd

Psalm 23:1

YHWH our maker

YHWH-hoseenu: creator

Psalm 95:6

YHWH our righteousness

YHWH-tsidkenu: righteousness

Jeremiah 23:6

YHWH who is there

YHWH-shammah: Present and available when needed

Ezekiel 48:35

Additional OT Names Of God

The Name: [HaShem] (Leviticus 24:16)

God Of Abraham, God Of Isaac, And God Of Jacob: (Exodus 3:15)

The Great Mighty Awesome God: (Deuteronomy 10:17)

Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Father Of Eternity, Prince Of Peace: (Isaiah 9:6)

Father: (Isaiah 64:8)

Holy One: (Habakkuk 1:12)

Holy Spirit: (Psalm 51:11)

Spirit Of God: (Genesis 1:2)

The Spirit Of The LORD God: (Isaiah 61:1)

The Spirit Of The LORD, The Spirit Of Wisdom And Understanding, The Spirit Of Counsel and Strength, The Spirit Of Knowledge And The Fear Of The LORD: (Isaiah 11:2)

Holy One Of Israel: (Psalm 78:41)

Upright One: (Isaiah 26:7)

Light: (Psalm 27:1)

Light Of Israel: (Isaiah 10:17)

Light To The Nations: (Isaiah 42:6)

Our Dwelling Place: (Psalm 90:1)

Fortress: (Psalm 91:2)

Stronghold: (Psalm 18:2)

Tower Of Strength: (Psalm 61:3)

Refuge: (Psalm 46:1)

Hiding Place: (Psalm 32:7)

Strength: (Psalm 46:1)

Shield: (Psalm 18:30)

Rock: (Habakkuk 1:12)

Rock Of My Strength: (Psalm 62:7)

Rock Of Israel: (2 Samuel 23:3)

Stone: (Psalm 118:22)

Stone of Israel: (Genesis 49:24)

Cornerstone: (Psalm 118:22)

My Portion In The Land Of The Living: (Psalm 142:5)

The Portion Of My Inheritance: (Psalm 16:5)

My Cup: (Psalm 16:5)

Branch: (Zechariah 6:12)

Star: (Numbers 24:17)

Crown and Daidem: (Isaiah 28:5)

Potter: (Isaiah 64:8)

Tent Peg, Bow Of Battle: (Zechariah 10:4)

Husband: (Isaiah 54:5)

Maker: (Psalm 49:2)

Creator: (Ecclesiastes 12:1)

Creator Of Israel: (Isaiah 43:15)

Shepherd: (Genesis 49:24)

Shepherd Of Israel: (Psalm 80:1)

Messenger Of The Covenant: (Malachi 3:1)

Redeemer: (Psalm 19:14)

Redeemer of Israel: (Isaiah 49:7)

Deliverer: (Psalm 144:2)

My Lovingkindness: (Psalm 144:2)

Savior: (Isaiah 45:15)

The King: (Isaiah 6:5)

King Of Israel: (Zephaniah 3:15)

King Of Glory: (Psalm 24:7)

Lord Of All The Earth: (Micah 4:13)

Ancient of Days: (Daniel 7:9)

The Most High: (Deuteronomy 32:8)

Covenant To The People: (Isaiah 42:6)

Shiloh: (Genesis 49:10)

The Angel: (Genesis 48:16)

The Arm Of The Lord: (Isaiah 53:1)

Ruler In Israel: (Micah 5:2)

Messiah The Prince: (Daniel 9:25)

New Testament Names For God The Father

(This section compiled by Loren Jacobs)

Father: (Matthew 6:9)

Abba: [Daddy] (Romans 8:15)

God The Father: (2 Timothy 1:2)

Father Of Our Lord Yeshua The Messiah: (Colossians 1:3)

The Father Of Lights: (James 1:17)

The Father Of Glory: (Ephesians 1:17)

The Father Of Spirits: (Hebrews 12:9)

Father of Mercies: (2 Corinthians 1:3)

God (Elohim): (2 Corinthians 9:7)

The God Of Our Fathers [Elohay Avotaynu]: (Acts 7:32)

The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Jacob [Elohay Avraham, Yitzchak v'Yaakov]: (Acts 7:32)

God Of All Comfort [Elohay Kol HaNechamah]: (2 Corinthians 1:3)

God Of Peace [Elohay Shalom]: (Hebrews 13:20)

The God Of Glory [Elohay Kavod]: (Acts 7:2)

The Living God [Elohay Chaiyim]: (2 Corinthians 3:3, 6:16)

The God Of Israel [Elohay Yisrael]: (Matthew 15:31)

Lord God [YHVH Elohim]: (Acts 3:22)

Lord God of Israel [YHVH Elohay Yisrael]: (Luke 1:68)

Lord Almighty [YHVH Shaddai]: (2 Corinthians 6:18)

The Almighty [Shaddai]: (Revelation 1:8)

Power [Ha Gevurah]: (Mark 14:62)

The Creator [HaBoray]: (Romans 1:25, 1 Peter 4:19)

The Most High God [El Elyon]: (Hebrews 7:1)

The Divine Nature: (Romans 1:20, 2 Peter 1:4)

Lord Of Armies: [YHVH Tz'vaot] (James 5:4)

The Majestic Glory: (2 Peter 1:17)

The Majesty: (Hebrews 1:3)

The King Of The Nations: (Revelation 15:3)

The Lawgiver And Judge: (James 4:12)

The Eternal Immortal Invisible King: (1 Timothy 1:17)

Sovereign: (1 Timothy 6:15)

Heaven: (Matthew 21:25)

A Consuming Fire: (Hebrews 12:29)

Steve Rudd's direct hotline 905-575-4564
Ask him about saving faith.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said this thread was about DEFINITIONS...yet you have not DEFINED His name, nor did your opening post mention DEFINITION.

I gave several names God is CALLED and THE DEFINITIONS.

You admitted these titles were descriptions. I realize our society is into self identification but did not realize such thinking was here, such as God given sex and God given name.

Do you really hold the explicit personal name God said is his for all time in Ex 3:15 to the same level as the titles and descriptions you gave?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Throughout scripture, one's name was a reflection of his/her character..
God Himself declared His own name to Moses.
KJV Exodus 34:5-7
5 And the LORD descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD.
6 And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,
7 Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

"There was a moment when Moses had the nerve to ask God what His name is. God was gracious enough to answer, and the name He gave is recorded in the original Hebrew as YHWH.

Over time we’ve arbitrarily added an “a” and an “e” in there to get YaHWeH, presumably because we have a preference for vowels.

But scholars and Rabi’s have noted that the letters YHWH represent breathing sounds, or aspirated consonants. When pronounced without intervening vowels, it actually sounds like breathing.

YH (inhale): WH (exhale).

So a baby’s first cry, his first breath, speaks the name of God.

A deep sigh calls His name – or a groan or gasp that is too heavy for mere words.

Even an atheist would speak His name, unaware that their very breathe is giving constant acknowledgment to God.

Likewise, a person leaves this earth with their last breath, when God’s name is no longer filing their lungs.

So when I can’t utter anything else, is my cry calling out His name?

Being alive means I speak His name constantly. So, is it heard the loudest when I’m the quietest?

In sadness, we breathe heavy sighs.
In joy, our lungs feel almost like they will burst.
In fear we hold our breath and have to be told to breathe slowly to help us calm down.
When we’re about to do something hard, we take a deep breath to find our courage.

When I think about it, breathing is giving him praise. Even in the hardest moments!

This is so beautiful and fills me with emotion every time I grasp the thought. God chose to give Himself a name that we can’t help but speak every moment we’re alive.

All of us, always, everywhere. are Waking, sleeping, breathing, with the name of God on our lips. Amen

By Sandra Thurman Caporale “

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Throughout scripture, one's name was a reflection of his/her character..
God Himself declared His own name to Moses.
KJV Exodus 34:5-7
5 And the LORD descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD.
6 And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,
7 Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

"There was a moment when Moses had the nerve to ask God what His name is. God was gracious enough to answer, and the name He gave is recorded in the original Hebrew as YHWH.

Over time we’ve arbitrarily added an “a” and an “e” in there to get YaHWeH, presumably because we have a preference for vowels.

But scholars and Rabi’s have noted that the letters YHWH represent breathing sounds, or aspirated consonants. When pronounced without intervening vowels, it actually sounds like breathing.

YH (inhale): WH (exhale).

So a baby’s first cry, his first breath, speaks the name of God.

A deep sigh calls His name – or a groan or gasp that is too heavy for mere words.

Even an atheist would speak His name, unaware that their very breathe is giving constant acknowledgment to God.

Likewise, a person leaves this earth with their last breath, when God’s name is no longer filing their lungs.

So when I can’t utter anything else, is my cry calling out His name?

Being alive means I speak His name constantly. So, is it heard the loudest when I’m the quietest?

In sadness, we breathe heavy sighs.
In joy, our lungs feel almost like they will burst.
In fear we hold our breath and have to be told to breathe slowly to help us calm down.
When we’re about to do something hard, we take a deep breath to find our courage.

When I think about it, breathing is giving him praise. Even in the hardest moments!

This is so beautiful and fills me with emotion every time I grasp the thought. God chose to give Himself a name that we can’t help but speak every moment we’re alive.

All of us, always, everywhere. are Waking, sleeping, breathing, with the name of God on our lips. Amen

By Sandra Thurman Caporale “
The question is, does the Son of God bear His Father's name, and therefore worthy of worship and honor same as the Father?
Yes. Absolutely yes.