He really really wants people to listen to Him!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ps 81:13“Oh that My people would listen to Me, That Israel would walk in My ways!

From talking to Him and listening to Him; what become so clearly apparent is the meaning in the above verse - which is how much He really really wants people to listen to Him - especially His people who are called by His name "Christian" or those those from the Jewish root (grafted in "Christians" or otherwise - Jewish/Israelites) - Still all things (all people) were created through Him, so really it is all people that He wishes would listen to Him!!

And where you read above "OH" - that is His expression of how much He really really wants that!!!!!

It should be clear in all we see, read, experience! It should be clear that things are just so that we might exist - thus there is a God - Him! It should be clear in our ability to think and reason (free will) that He gave us. It should be clear in our realization of the concepts of good and evil. I think C. S. Lewis did a fine job of explaining the obviousness of that in his Mere Christianity - but he was just explaining the obvious - in that we have some concept of good and evil even if we need a better grasp of it - thus a need for our Lord Jesus Christ to help us. And it should be extremely obvious to anyone reading the Scriptures, because of the numerous verses like Ps 81:13 and others telling you the same thing.

I like Rev 3:20 ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

So He is just standing there all the time knocking with His voice in hopes that "anyone" will hear His voice and open up to Him!

Who would just stand there all the time speaking to us just in case anyone might pay attention to Himself? He does!! And that because of they way He feels - which is:

"Oh that My people would listen to Me..."

So be honest - do you spend some time listening to Him, as in some time Today?" I mean we wouldn't just ignore Him all day every day would we? Would we? Would we?

Jer 6:10
To whom shall I speak and give warning
That they may hear?
Behold, their ears are closed
And they cannot listen.
Behold, the word of the LORD has become a reproach to them;
They have no delight in it.

The Bible wasn't written to us was it? That wasn't written to us was it?

Sometimes I closed my ears to Him. I can be stupid, yet He still is there everyday called "Today", so I have a hard time not listening to Him at some point no matter how busy I get or how unhappy I am with the way something is working out. Some times He almost seems like a puppy just hanging out wanting attention, but instead of waging His tale He starts saying things like "Karl, I love you", or "Karl, do you want to talk?", or "Karl, would you do this one little thing for me?" ---

"Ok - Ok - I'll try and tell people how much You want to talk to them."

What else can I do?

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Ps 81:13“Oh that My people would listen to Me, That Israel would walk in My ways!

From talking to Him and listening to Him; what become so clearly apparent is the meaning in the above verse - which is how much He really really wants people to listen to Him - especially His people who are called by His name "Christian" or those those from the Jewish root (grafted in "Christians" or otherwise - Jewish/Israelites) - Still all things (all people) were created through Him, so really it is all people that He wishes would listen to Him!!

And where you read above "OH" - that is His expression of how much He really really wants that!!!!!

It should be clear in all we see, read, experience! It should be clear that things are just so that we might exist - thus there is a God - Him! It should be clear in our ability to think and reason (free will) that He gave us. It should be clear in our realization of the concepts of good and evil. I think C. S. Lewis did a fine job of explaining the obviousness of that in his Mere Christianity - but he was just explaining the obvious - in that we have some concept of good and evil even if we need a better grasp of it - thus a need for our Lord Jesus Christ to help us. And it should be extremely obvious to anyone reading the Scriptures, because of the numerous verses like Ps 81:13 and others telling you the same thing.

I like Rev 3:20 ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

So He is just standing there all the time knocking with His voice in hopes that "anyone" will hear His voice and open up to Him!

Who would just stand there all the time speaking to us just in case anyone might pay attention to Himself? He does!! And that because of they way He feels - which is:

"Oh that My people would listen to Me..."

So be honest - do you spend some time listening to Him, as in some time Today?" I mean we wouldn't just ignore Him all day every day would we? Would we? Would we?

Jer 6:10
To whom shall I speak and give warning
That they may hear?
Behold, their ears are closed
And they cannot listen.
Behold, the word of the LORD has become a reproach to them;
They have no delight in it.

The Bible wasn't written to us was it? That wasn't written to us was it?

Sometimes I closed my ears to Him. I can be stupid, yet He still is there everyday called "Today", so I have a hard time not listening to Him at some point no matter how busy I get or how unhappy I am with the way something is working out. Some times He almost seems like a puppy just hanging out wanting attention, but instead of waging His tale He starts saying things like "Karl, I love you", or "Karl, do you want to talk?", or "Karl, would you do this one little thing for me?" ---

"Ok - Ok - I'll try and tell people how much You want to talk to them."

What else can I do?
Good post.

Made me think and reflect.

Words of comfort, correction, or chastisement for His Chosen People, but not words of condemnation.