Hi everyone!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

helenp19

Feb 6, 2008
Hello everyone,I'm Helen, from the UK.I am really struggling at the moment, I didn't realise how difficult it was to believe in something so nice. I have only recently answered God, I realise that God has been talking to me all my life but only now have I chosen to listen to Him. I deeply regret this and cannot apologise enough to Him.The reason I am struggling is that most of my friends think I need psychiatric help for believing in 'fairy tales'. People ask me a question, I start to answer it, and then they launch an attack on what i've just said, before i've even finished what i'm saying. This undoubtedly leads to a change in perspective about my friend(s) and i'm worried i won't have any left! having said that i would MUCH rather fall out with a friend than with God. I just never realised that I would persecuted for believing in Jesus in this day and age.I am hoping that I can come on here and gain some strength from you guys! sorry to impose like this
smile.gif
i also get strength from my church and of course from God. I had a particularly bad night on Saturday with a very close friend who was just horrible about my beliefs and i was quite upset on Sunday. on the night i started to get a fever and couldn't stop shaking, i was so cold. i went to bed and lay there shaking, my mind was racing with what my friend had said. i said to God, 'please God, if you're there, please give me a great big hug' i only said 'if you're there' as i was passing on the abuse to God, that i'd received and openly telling Him that i don't believe in Him, and i feel deeply ashamed of it. even so i felt very warm and tingly and now realise that i fell asleep in the palm of his hand. how dare i abuse God like that?! my lovely lovely best friend in the whole world and then for him to do that.right i'm going to start crying and my husband will wonder whats going on so i'll stop there!i am 32, married, with a baby girl who's 9 months old and another little baby on the way (about 2 months pregnant).i'm not a 'blind' follower and continue to ask some serious questions about it all. I have no doubt that God exists (even when I'm angry and doubtful) but i have a thirst to piece the whole thing together.looking forward to getting to know you all.God Bless, Helen x

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
HelenStay proud of knowing God. In the time of trouble you friends will be screaming why didnt you tell me there really is a God!!! We are lucky to know him because He chose you and I and we responded.You will have eternity to worry about small stuff your friends are giving you. The more you know God the tougher it gets but he will give you peace. Just think eternity in Heaven with your family.God Bless

Wayne Murray

Jan 15, 2007
Welcome Helen,It is only going to get worse. The best advice is stay in His Word as much as possible. Look forward to seeing you around.

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
The world hates God and will hate anyone who follows Him. We have a choice--to either follow God or follow the world. Following the world leads to destruction, and following God leads to life eternal. We just have to get new friends who love the Lord and desire to live for Him.

Learning

Dec 12, 2007
Welcome Helen! Glad you found this site. I know it will be useful and a comfort to you as it has been for me the short time I have been here.

MWM

Feb 16, 2008
Welcome to the board, Helen.I know the feeling you have. Just remember, YOU hold the truth. They believe in nothing, while you believe in a great eternal supreme being that promises everlasting salvation, and His name is God. I assure you, He exists, and He loves us all.Keep your head high, and I assure you that you will grow stronger in love for Him!God bless.

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
(helenp19;36522)
Hello everyone,I'm Helen, from the UK.I am really struggling at the moment, I didn't realise how difficult it was to believe in something so nice. I have only recently answered God, I realise that God has been talking to me all my life but only now have I chosen to listen to Him. I deeply regret this and cannot apologise enough to Him.The reason I am struggling is that most of my friends think I need psychiatric help for believing in 'fairy tales'. People ask me a question, I start to answer it, and then they launch an attack on what i've just said, before i've even finished what i'm saying. This undoubtedly leads to a change in perspective about my friend(s) and i'm worried i won't have any left! having said that i would MUCH rather fall out with a friend than with God. I just never realised that I would persecuted for believing in Jesus in this day and age.I am hoping that I can come on here and gain some strength from you guys! sorry to impose like this
smile.gif
i also get strength from my church and of course from God. I had a particularly bad night on Saturday with a very close friend who was just horrible about my beliefs and i was quite upset on Sunday. on the night i started to get a fever and couldn't stop shaking, i was so cold. i went to bed and lay there shaking, my mind was racing with what my friend had said. i said to God, 'please God, if you're there, please give me a great big hug' i only said 'if you're there' as i was passing on the abuse to God, that i'd received and openly telling Him that i don't believe in Him, and i feel deeply ashamed of it. even so i felt very warm and tingly and now realise that i fell asleep in the palm of his hand. how dare i abuse God like that?! my lovely lovely best friend in the whole world and then for him to do that.right i'm going to start crying and my husband will wonder whats going on so i'll stop there!i am 32, married, with a baby girl who's 9 months old and another little baby on the way (about 2 months pregnant).i'm not a 'blind' follower and continue to ask some serious questions about it all. I have no doubt that God exists (even when I'm angry and doubtful) but i have a thirst to piece the whole thing together.looking forward to getting to know you all.God Bless, Helen x
Hi Helen, I am a Bible Teacher, If you need any answers about what the Bible says, you can ask me any time. There is an abundant life for you "In Christ", God loves you and sent Jesus so you can enjoy sweet felloship with God. There is a wonderful experience called the "Baptism in the Holy Ghost" waiting for you, If you have not already received Him yet.