How does God spreak to you?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:
And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice" I Kings 19:11-12

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And ere the lamp of God went out in the temple of the LORD, where the ark of God was, and Samuel was laid down to sleep;
That the LORD called Samuel: and he answered, Here am I." I Sam 3:3-4

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simply through His word, my conscience and a few times...just a few words in my head like, "my grace is sufficient for you" or "just love them" (kind of like the "still small voice" @amadeus mentioned.) I have not remembered having a dream now for a couple decades. I do not get REM sleep so, no dreams there :(
Wish I could say it was something sensational like an actual voice but...never happened to me.

Good to see you on Gary, miss you brother.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Im quiet, the Lord speaks to me in a still small voice just like what Amadeus mentioned.

I try to read Scripture daily and sometimes a few verses will seem to leap off the page.

Also, when I consult the Lord on how to run my day, like, "What next, Lord?" He is faithful to help me prioritize certain tasks and get things done.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God speaks to me all of the time through His Word, through people, through dreams/visions. Through prayer... Just grateful for His voice. It is important to know the Word of God, because then you know God's voice when you hear it.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does God speak to you?
God uses human channels to speak words of prophecy, tongues and interpretation and words of wisdom and knowledge (1 Cor. 12:8-10). God also expresses Himself through human vessels to distribute His message in anointed sermons, songs and writings.

My Favorite is when he puts a song on my heart, an old Hymn and then I Hear that Hymn sung in church the next time around It is like he is confirming and affirming His presence with me, and Joy fills my heart. I Can remember One particular such time when I was debating a sabbath keeper and he put the song "My faith has found a resting place" on my heart and sure enough the next day in church this was one of the hymns we sung and it brought tears of Joy to my heart.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does God speak to you?
God uses human channels to speak words of prophecy, tongues and interpretation and words of wisdom and knowledge (1 Cor. 12:8-10). God also expresses Himself through human vessels to distribute His message in anointed sermons, songs and writings.
In His Word, @Wynona said it pretty good, words just leap off the page! The words of a song that just happen to match the words of my heart in prayer in just that moment. Not too many dreams for me, maybe I'm not old enough yet.

The sermon on the radio about that which troubles me today.

In my heart as I reflect on His presence during the day.

How does God speak to me? Purposefully, there's nothing that doesn't have a reason, if only to remind me of His love. Clearly, I don't feel like I have confusion over what He says to me. And His words have power.

It's a good topic!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God speaks to me all of the time through His Word, through people, through dreams/visions. Through prayer... Just grateful for His voice. It is important to know the Word of God, because then you know God's voice when you hear it.
I always think of the way my friend put it one time. " . . . and then I realized I was having a conversation with the Creator of the universe!"

Like you say . . . the better we know His Word, the better we know His voice.

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quite often as I am reading my Bible as @Wynona put it, sometimes the words 'leap off the page at me' with a message.

When I am on a forum like this with too many posts to read God directs me also to certain threads or to certain posts either for my own edification or in order for me to make a post myself.

What a mighty God we serve!