• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HE supported his tribunals . HAD calvin truly been a seasoned man and apt to teach
HE would have told his tribunals , HEY WE DONT PUT ANYONE TO DEATH . WE simply cast them OUT of the church till they repent .
He never stopped them , he never stopped them from putting folks to death .
IF i set up tribunals and saw them doing things which ought not to be done , REST ASSURED
i would have corrected them and if they heeded not , THEY HAD BEEN DISQUALIFIED . NO , calvin
was in no position to lead nor teach . A LEADER , must be blameless . TRY and imagine paul allowing TRIBUNALS that put anyone to death .
IF calvin knew the bible WELL , WELL HE WOULD NEVER have allowed what HE allowed them to do .
THUS it proves HE was DISQUALIFIED in the EYES OF THE LORD to teach anyone .

So then we are all disqualified! Especially all those who escaped from Romanism and had to unlearn all the old ways by learning how to read Scriptures with right eyes! According to your accusation- none from the reformation would have been qualified to teach ANY NEW BELIEVERS! tHEY ALL ---every one-- HAD LOADS OF BAD TEACHING THEY SPEWED FOR A LONG TIME.

Its awful easy to look back at these guys and judge them with our mindset. We have been taught after centuries of Scripture being wrung out and purified from Romanistic viewws. But trhe times were much different then. They had no commentaries to look to, Bible dictionaries, the internet! etc.

why don't we pore over you rlife as a believer and dig up you r skeletons so we can disqualify you from teaching on these threads??? All of us would be disqualified!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then we are all disqualified! Especially all those who escaped from Romanism and had to unlearn all the old ways by learning how to read Scriptures with right eyes! According to your accusation- none from the reformation would have been qualified to teach ANY NEW BELIEVERS! tHEY ALL ---every one-- HAD LOADS OF BAD TEACHING THEY SPEWED FOR A LONG TIME.

Its awful easy to look back at these guys and judge them with our mindset. We have been taught after centuries of Scripture being wrung out and purified from Romanistic viewws. But trhe times were much different then. They had no commentaries to look to, Bible dictionaries, the internet! etc.

why don't we pore over you rlife as a believer and dig up you r skeletons so we can disqualify you from teaching on these threads??? All of us would be disqualified!
We are not all disqualified . JUST calvin . Its one thing to teach small errors , quite another to support putting folks to death
by tribunals . THE MAN DID NOT KNOW GOD . I do pray he did repent at HIs end though . HE might have .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not all disqualified . JUST calvin . Its one thing to teach small errors , quite another to support putting folks to death
by tribunals . THE MAN DID NOT KNOW GOD . I do pray he did repent at HIs end though . HE might have .

calvin was saved, and is in Heaven, of that i have no doubt. Calvin was a solid christian, and an all around good egg. :cool:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Calvins book Calvins Calvinism from page 34. I'm reading through the book now.

"As to the great deep? why one man believes and another does not, why God delivers one man and not another? let him who can, search into that profound abyss; but let him beware of the awful precipice." Again, in another place he says: "Who created the reprobate but God?

https://reformed.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/CalvinsCalvinismJohnCalvin.pdf

page 37

Augustine then adds this short sentence: "These are the mighty works of the Lord, shining with perfection in every instance of His will; and so perfect in wisdom, that when the angelic and human nature had sinned ? that is, had done not what God willed, but what each nature itself willed ? it came to pass that by this same will of the creature, God, though in one sense unwilling, yet accomplished what He willed, righteously and with the height of all wisdom, overruling the evils done, to the damnation of those whom He had justly predestinated to punishment, and to the salvation of those whom He had mercifully predestinated to grace,

AND?? that does not say anything about predestining anyone to hell. We are all reprobate now! If you want to use reprobate technically- God turns us over to reprobation due to our repeated actions.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
calvin was saved, and is in Heaven, of that i have no doubt. Calvin was a solid christian, and an all around good egg. :cool:
IF he repented , which i have no way of knowing , then sure HE is . But as for what he allowed
his tribunals to do , That alone proves to me he was at that time NO CHRISTAIN PEROID .
And i do say PEROID .

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF he repented , which i have no way of knowing , then sure HE is . But as for what he allowed
his tribunals to do , That alone proves to me he was at that time NO CHRISTAIN PEROID .
And i do say PEROID .

so when Jesus comes back and rules the earth for 1000 yrs, you wont like His tribunals either?? Fact is, because of the consistory tribunals, geneva became a better and more peaceful place to live back then.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so when Jesus comes back and rules the earth for 1000 yrs, you wont like His tribunals either?? Fact is, because of the consistory tribunals, geneva became a better and more peaceful place to live back then.
At the coming of the LORD HE WILL Indeed put many to death . HE WILL , CAUSE HE ALONE is the only WORTHY TO DO SO .
Not calvin , not you , not me .

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have had a lot of respect for you . But judging Calvin as not knowing God is pure hubris and arrogance on your part. You have demeaned your self by playing God in judging Calvin as not knowing God. How dare you !

Romans 14:4
King James Version

4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have had a lot of respect for you . But judging Calvin as not knowing God is pure hubris and arrogance on your part. You have demeaned your self by playing God in judging Calvin as not knowing God. How dare you !

Romans 14:4
King James Version

4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I say this with a sad heart , feel free to place me on ignore , FOr i shall not point to calvin ,to THECC , only to CHRIST .
You may do as you wish . I will always pray for your good . But not you or anyone else is gonna convince
me of his doctrine or his actions . Now i did say , I DO NOT KNOW where HE IS , cause the man might have repented .
Many came out of the CC . DID LUTHER put men to death , Did mennos simmons , MANY DID NOT .
Calvin however did . That proves something big. As i said its one thing to teach small error , quite another
to support your own tribunals that put folks to death . Quite another indeed . You may put me on ignore now
for i fear my constant pointing to ALL of JESUS teachings will bother you . THERE are many teachings of JESUS
that todays church age have omitted for acroynms or all inclusive delusion, or prosperity go spell nonsense .
MANY have turned on me . BUT i pray only their forgivness and may they all be blessed to know CHRIST MUCH MORE .
The dark ages were a brutal time for both Catholic and Protestant groups with the bloodshed . Foxs book of martyrs catalogued all the persecution of believers since the time of the Apostle’s.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.” (John 6:64)

God knows.

We do not.

Be humble.

Reactions: ChristisGod

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
YOu have this backwards! Every one is already condemned at birth! God doesn't decide to send some to hell! all will go if God does not intervene!
The problem with Calvinism is that it DISTORTS how God intervenes. God intervenes through the Gospel, and the purpose of the Gospel is to generate faith in Christ and also to convict sinners of their need for Him. So "Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God" (read the entire chapter of Romans 10). Peter calls the Gospel "the Word of God" and also calls it the "incorruptible seed of the New Birth". Which means that if all would obey the Gospel, all would be saved. But that is not what Reformed Theology teaches. Quite the opposite.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with Calvinism is that it DISTORTS how God intervenes. God intervenes through the Gospel, and the purpose of the Gospel is to generate faith in Christ and also to convict sinners of their need for Him. So "Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God" (read the entire chapter of Romans 10). Peter calls the Gospel "the Word of God" and also calls it the "incorruptible seed of the New Birth". Which means that if all would obey the Gospel, all would be saved. But that is not what Reformed Theology teaches. Quite the opposite.
For GOD has chosen to save the world through preaching . That is right . Let us simply delcare the glorious gospel of our Lord .
And whoever hears and believes AMEN , whoever hears not and rejects , that is on them .
All we need to know and focus on is IF YE BELIEVE ye shall be saved , those who do not , as JESUS said will be damned . That is all we need to know . Let GOD be GOD and us as simple children who obey our Lord .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The dark ages were a brutal time for both Catholic and Protestant groups with the bloodshed . Foxs book of martyrs catalogued all the persecution of believers since the time of the Apostle’s.
Just wait till you see what is coming . Dark times have indeed been through ALL generations .
But lambs dont partake of the darkness . And much worse its about to get and already is indeed .

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well I am not a reformed theologian, so I cannot tell their doctrine. I do know TULIP or what people call the five points of Calvinism.

I know I was saved before the world began, but had to have faith given to me through the gospel in order to be saved in time!'

Yes jesus death made all savable. His death also removed all other possibilities for being saved except through Him alone!

I am a staunch dispensationalist and I know that if all would obey all would be saved, but I also know that no one can come to Jesus unless they are drawn by the Father!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I am not a reformed theologian, so I cannot tell their doctrine. I do know TULIP or what people call the five points of Calvinism.

I know I was saved before the world began, but had to have faith given to me through the gospel in order to be saved in time!'

Yes jesus death made all savable. His death also removed all other possibilities for being saved except through Him alone!

I am a staunch dispensationalist and I know that if all would obey all would be saved, but I also know that no one can come to Jesus unless they are drawn by the Father!
NO man can come to me LEST the FATHER draw Him . THAT IS A SOLID FACT .
And yet many are called and few be chosen . ONLY HE WHO ENDURES TO THE END SHALL BE SAVED .
Let us keep it real simple . NO JESUS NO ETERNAL LIFE . All who deny HIM will be denied .
I highly suspect this pope francis is a liar sent from the Father of lies . CAUSE HIMS IS SAYING folks dont even have to BELIEVE IN JESUS
that muslims and all , if they do good and have this lovey lovey are saved and know GOD . I SAY THAT IS A LIE FROM HELL ITSELF
birthed by a WHORE , fathered by the dragon . I SAY YE MUST BELIEVE IN JESUS
BELIEVE FROM the heart that GOD has rose HIM from the dead and CONFESS HIM BY MOUTH
OR Prepare to wail on the day of the LORD .

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I do not know all that Calvinism teaches. But I am pretty adept at the Five points! AFAIK All of Calvinistic theology on soteriology teaches that we are given the faith to be saved through the gospel. The major argument is whether or not an unsaved natural man has the free will to accept the gospel on his own or not.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NO man can come to me LEST the FATHER draw Him . THAT IS A SOLID FACT .
And yet many are called and few be chosen . ONLY HE WHO ENDURES TO THE END SHALL BE SAVED .
Let us keep it real simple . NO JESUS NO ETERNAL LIFE . All who deny HIM will be denied .
I highly suspect this pope francis is a liar sent from the Father of lies . CAUSE HIMS IS SAYING folks dont even have to BELIEVE IN JESUS
that muslims and all , if they do good and have this lovey lovey are saved and know GOD . I SAY THAT IS A LIE FROM HELL ITSELF
birthed by a WHORE , fathered by the dragon . I SAY YE MUST BELIEVE IN JESUS
BELIEVE FROM the heart that GOD has rose HIM from the dead and CONFESS HIM BY MOUTH
OR Prepare to wail on the day of the LORD .

Well other than misapplying the eschatological passage on enduring to teh end and forcing it wrongly to be a soteriological verse, I agree with all you wrote here.