I Google ""Rapture Day Very Near says Jack Van Impe"" and I see my Carm Post listed there first!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!!! We choose to believe God's Word or mock and scoff at it and the mockers pay a high price!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Rapture is always imminent. It could take place at any time. Thus it doesn't matter how many times it has been expected throughout the history of the Church. It was just as possible then as it is now.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The Rapture is always imminent. It could take place at any time. Thus it doesn't matter how many times it has been expected throughout the history of the Church. It was just as possible then as it is now.

Stranger
happens just as often now as then too, i reckon; you can meet Him in the air, today, nothing has changed

of course if you are seeking a physical rapture, you won't be seeking a spiritual one i guess

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who was it that claimed that the rapture would happen on the night of February 22, 1986?

I wish to compliment him on his accuracy, and then ball him out for not warning me personally.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga

Stranger

Soooo at what point in time did the rapture become imminent?

Jesus told Paul that he must testify about him at Rome (Acts 23:11), so he could not come back until Paul had done that.

Jesus told his disciples, "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world, for a witness to all nations, and then shall the end come." (Matthew 24:14). How then could Jesus return before they had done it?

The prophecy of Daniel's seventy weeks (Daniel 9:24-27) had "one week", equal to seven years, to be completed after the death of Jesus. So anyone who knew the meaning of this prophecy would not expect Jesus' second coming for at least seven years after his death. The rapture therefore was not imminent.

Both Peter and Paul prophesied that false teachers would come into the church and lead people astray after they died, so Jesus' second coming could not happen before these prophesies came to pass.

Jesus' prophecy of the coming of the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost: "But you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now." (Acts 1:5). As this would not occur for some days, the disciples did not expect his return before it happened, and therefore his second coming was not imminent.

Jesus prophesied how Peter would die when he was old (John 21:22-23). So to Peter, Jesus second coming would not happen before he died, and therefore was never imminent.

Jesus told Paul that he must testify about him at Rome (Acts 23:11), so he could not come back until Paul had done that.

So at what point did this false teaching become imminent??????????????

Reactions: bbyrd009

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rapture is imminent in that no signs or prophecies need occur for it to occur. The Church had to first be born which began in (Acts 2). The knowledge of the rapture would not come until Paul received his revelation from Jesus Christ and later put it into writing.

As to Peter's death and Paul's preaching in Rome, that is not given to indicate a time frame for the rapture. That these things would occur first, yes. That they needed to occur first, no.

Concerning Daniels 70 weeks, you misunderstand the Second Coming.

Concerning the preaching of the kingdom in (Matt. 24) you misunderstand the kingdom.

Stanger

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I Google ""Rapture Day Very Near says Jack Van Impe"" and I see my Carm Post listed there IST!!!! WOW!!! https://www.bing.com/search?q=+raptu...ffa045b2d93b03 Am I a famous poster or what??

Well don't crow too loudly. It would come up for you.. Because 1) you wrote it, and in the first place, and 2) you typed it into verbatim.
But when an other people type in, when is 'the rapture' , or anything to do with rapture , your thread does not show up...
I check back for 4 pages and still it didn't show up on google. Who would know or choose to type into Google in just in the same way that you typed it in with the same wording as you? The chances aren't very high.

If we type into Google " The Godhead Diversified Oneness" ...up will pop 101G's thread...why, because I wrote it into google just like that.
But when I google only the words " Diversified Oneness" his thread does not show up. Same with yours. So don't get too delighted...

Just saying :)

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
The rapture is imminent in that no signs or prophecies need occur for it to occur. The Church had to first be born which began in (Acts 2). The knowledge of the rapture would not come until Paul received his revelation from Jesus Christ and later put it into writing.

As to Peter's death and Paul's preaching in Rome, that is not given to indicate a time frame for the rapture. That these things would occur first, yes. That they needed to occur first, no.

Concerning Daniels 70 weeks, you misunderstand the Second Coming.

Concerning the preaching of the kingdom in (Matt. 24) you misunderstand the kingdom.

Stanger

You said the rapture was always imminent,proved you wrong and then you say,when the Church came to be.

Needed to occur yes they did,else scripture couldn't be fulfilled as written

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said the rapture was always imminent,proved you wrong and then you say,when the Church came to be.

Needed to occur yes they did,else scripture couldn't be fulfilled as written

The rapture is imminent. You proved nothing but a google list you found somewhere. You showed ignorance concerning the Second coming and the Kingdom.

Nothing ever needed to occur for the Church to be raptured. (Jonah 3:4) "And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown." See?

Stranger

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
The rapture is imminent. You proved nothing but a google list you found somewhere. You showed ignorance concerning the Second coming and the Kingdom.

Nothing ever needed to occur for the Church to be raptured. (Jonah 3:4) "And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown." See?

Stranger

All I googled was the things Christ(not me)said would happen proving imminence was not possible
try again.

Again,all scripture

Show me ONE verse in all of scripture where it says Christ could return at anytime,just ONE!!!!!!!!!

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Could the rapture be imminent before Peter died?

John 21:18-19

Could the rapture be imminent before the temple was destroyed?

Lu 21:6, Mt 24:2, Mk 13:2

Could the rapture be imminent before Israel became a nation in 1948?

Daniel 9:24

Can rapture be imminent if "the Antichrist" must be revealed first?

2 Th 2:1-4

Can the rapture be imminent before the sun and moon grow dark and the signs described by our Lord come to pass?

Luke 21:28
According to Luke 21,

it is only "when these things begin to take place" that we can
"look up and raise your heads,
because your redemption is drawing near."

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could the rapture be imminent before Peter died?

John 21:18-19

Could the rapture be imminent before the temple was destroyed?

Lu 21:6, Mt 24:2, Mk 13:2

Could the rapture be imminent before Israel became a nation in 1948?

Daniel 9:24

Can rapture be imminent if "the Antichrist" must be revealed first?

2 Th 2:1-4

Can the rapture be imminent before the sun and moon grow dark and the signs described by our Lord come to pass?

Luke 21:28
According to Luke 21,

it is only "when these things begin to take place" that we can
"look up and raise your heads,
because your redemption is drawing near."

Again, you confuse Kingdom, Second Coming, and Day of the Lord with the Rapture.

Yes, the rapture is imminent.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I googled was the things Christ(not me)said would happen proving imminence was not possible
try again.

Again,all scripture

Show me ONE verse in all of scripture where it says Christ could return at anytime,just ONE!!!!!!!!!

We are not talking about the Return of Christ. We are talking about the Rapture. Until you recognize the difference you will remain confused.

Stranger

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
We are not talking about the Return of Christ. We are talking about the Rapture. Until you recognize the difference you will remain confused.

Stranger

Heck yea Im confused,which leads me back to my orignal question,when did the rapture become imminent ????

So what you trying to tell me is Christ could have raptured Peter and Paul before He said what would happen to them?????

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heck yea Im confused,which leads me back to my orignal question,when did the rapture become imminent ????

So what you trying to tell me is Christ could have raptured Peter and Paul before He said what would happen to them?????

The rapture has always been imminent as no signs or prophecies are necessary to be fulfilled for it to occur. Just as I said earlier.

Concerning Peter and Paul's experience, the timing of the rapture is not centered on them.

Did you not read (Jonah 3:4)?

Stranger

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
The rapture has always been imminent as no signs or prophecies are necessary to be fulfilled for it to occur. Just as I said earlier.

Concerning Peter and Paul's experience, the timing of the rapture is not centered on them.

Did you not read (Jonah 3:4)?

Stranger

Again when after His death could Christ had returned,call it whatever you want,yet you avoid the question....

Let me see if I can make it clearer,you said the rapture didn't center around Peter and Paul.

So what your saying is this rapture could had happened while they(Peter and Paul)were still alive.
Yes or no???????????