Israeli attack on civilians should be condemned by all believers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would agree. I've been blessed to receive miracles in my time as well. Once experienced there is no denying they are real supernatural gifts, intercesession, by God's graciousness.

Praise God! I have had all kinds of miracles in my life from visuals to visitations. I am an educated theologian ….not a preacher, I am a speaker….I worship with several different denominations and substitute Sunday Schools when they need me. I have also headed adult study groups and get togethers…..Going to church and “hanging” with Christians is important.

And testimonials are important….if you can get people to open up.
Sometimes it is hard to get people to open up for different reasons.

For one some of these miracles are very precious to them and they don’t want people like this guy criticizing something so important to them.

Reactions: Duck Muscles

Duck Muscles

Mar 19, 2024
Europe
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
Praise God! I have had all kinds of miracles in my life from visuals to visitations. I am an educated theologian ….not a preacher, I am a speaker….I worship with several different denominations and substitute Sunday Schools when they need me. I have also headed adult study groups and get togethers…..Going to church and “hanging” with Christians is important.

And testimonials are important….if you can get people to open up.
Sometimes it is hard to get people to open up for different reasons.

For one some of these miracles are very precious to them and they don’t want people like this guy criticizing something so important to them.
Personally, criticism does not impact me. I see it as the critic is not the experiencer.

As such they know not of what they criticize. And for me, rather than that being offensive, as intended perhaps, it rather speaks from one who is jealous. Having no such experiences themselves.

Reactions: Grailhunter

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Scripture to confirm this please.
1 Cor 13:4-13….
”Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous. It does not brag, does not get puffed up, 5 does not behave indecently, does not look for its own interests, does not become provoked. It does not keep account of the injury. 6 It does not rejoice over unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth. 7 It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never fails. But if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away with; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away with. . . . 11 When I was a child, I used to speak as a child, to think as a child, to reason as a child; but now that I have become a man, I have done away with the traits of a child. 12 For now we see in hazy outline by means of a metal mirror, but then it will be face-to-face. At present I know partially, but then I will know accurately, just as I am accurately known. 13 Now, however, these three remain: faith, hope, love; but the greatest of these is love.

To “grow up” as a Christian, we need the mature qualities of “faith, hope and love” because without those important qualities, no amount of miracles will save you. The need to see miracles is what drew many to Christ in the first century, but these Paul said were the traits of a spiritual child…..those traits needed to cease so that the more enduring qualities could have room to grow.
Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed.
Praying to be healed in this instance is not physical….it involves confession of sins and prayer so the healing here, is spiritual.
The Kingdom is where Jesus reigns and Jesus gave John the Baptist the signs of it's coming...

Luke 7:22
And He answered and said to them, “Go and report to John what you have seen and heard: the blind receive sight, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, the poor have the gospel preached to them.

What I look for then is His Love at work and the Gospel preached with signs following.
And that is most definitely what we should see in Christ’s disciples…..love of neighbor, but more importantly it is the love of God that should be the prime motivator in our activities. What was reported to John was what the first Christians had to offer the Jews by way of proof that Jesus’ disciples had God’s spirit backing them….and it was quite persuasive, but even though the crowds saw his miracles and partook of the bread and fish he supplied to thousands of people on two occasions, miracles were not his primary mission.

Luke 4:42-44…..
”However, at daybreak he departed and went to an isolated place. But the crowds began searching* for him and came to where he was, and they tried to keep him from going away from them. 43 But he said to them: “I must also declare the good news of the Kingdom of God to other cities, because for this I was sent.” 44 So he went on preaching in the synagogues of Ju·deʹa.”

The preaching of the good news of the Kingdom was his primary concern….it is what his Father “sent“ him to do.

What does the Lord’s Prayer mean when it says…..“thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven”?
Mark 16 “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned. 17 These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
These verses in Mark 16 do not appear in good translations of the Bible. However the first Christians were recipients of the holy spirit and did indeed expel demons, speak in tongues, and healed the sick. Paul even experienced a snake bite that did not kill him….but I do not recall anyone drinking poison…..Many people have died undertaking that kind of risky behavior…..what did Jesus say…”you must not put the Lord your God to the test” by doing stupid things that are risking your life for a showy display. That is NOT what a martyr is.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
And that is most definitely what we should see in Christ’s disciples…..love of neighbor, but more importantly it is the love of God that should be the prime motivator in our activities. What was reported to John was what the first Christians had to offer the Jews by way of proof that Jesus’ disciples had God’s spirit backing them….and it was quite persuasive, but even though the crowds saw his miracles and partook of the bread and fish he supplied to thousands of people on two occasions, miracles were not his primary mission.

But signs did follow as He announced to John the Baptist.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
These verses in Mark 16 do not appear in good translations of the Bible. However the first Christians were recipients of the holy spirit and did indeed expel demons, speak in tongues, and healed the sick. Paul even experienced a snake bite that did not kill him….but I do not recall anyone drinking poison…..Many people have died undertaking that kind of risky behavior…..what did Jesus say…”you must not put the Lord your God to the test” by doing stupid things that are risking your life for a showy display. That is NOT what a martyr is.

You have created a 'straw man' no sane believer would advocate drinking poison to test God.

Mark 16 clearly states that the signs would follow believers.

All 50 translations include Mark 16:17

Reactions: Grailhunter

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The remnant who believe in Jesus in the end will be home to stay. Israel today is a war criminal about to literally face the long awaited wrath of God Almighty
Really, you sound like a Hamas puppet.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You sound like a crazed fanatic supporting terrorism and trying to bless the wicked.
The only thing you know about Israel is your HATRED! Sit back and watch God FIGHT for Israel, if you can.

God bless Israel! And He will again and again ...

I LOVE Jesus the God of Israel! Do you?

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The only thing you know about Israel is your HATRED!
You call it hatred to not want woman and children starved and butchered. Not my problem.
Sit back and watch God FIGHT for Israel, if you can.
No one can. He is against them now and will not be with them till they accept Jesus in the end.
I LOVE Jesus the God of Israel! Do you?
Jesus is not even welcome in Israel today. Be honest.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You call it hatred to not want woman and children starved and butchered. Not my problem.
Like Hamas does?
No one can. He is against them now and will not be with them till they accept Jesus in the end.
Just because you HATE Israel doesn't mean God does.
Jesus is not even welcome in Israel today. Be honest.
Who do you think the God of Israel is? You don't have a clue. His Name is JESUS!

Matthew 15:31
31 So the multitude marveled when they saw the mute speaking, the maimed made whole, the lame walking, and the blind seeing; and they glorified the God of Israel.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Like Hamas does?
Like the topic of the thread
Just because you HATE Israel doesn't mean God does.
Being a liar to such a degree indicates a bad spirit.
Who do you think the God of Israel is? You don't have a clue. His Name is JESUS!
He is the God of those that accept and believe in Him. Israel does not.
Matthew 15:31
31 So the multitude marveled when they saw the mute speaking, the maimed made whole, the lame walking, and the blind seeing; and they glorified the God of Israel.
Yes the people did say that, However the nation itself killed Him and rejected Jesus and was scattered and Jerusalem destroyed. He will not restore them until they come to Him and say blessed is He that comes in the name of the Lord.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like the topic of the thread
The antiChrist topic that YOU started?
Being a liar to such a degree indicates a bad spirit.
And you continue to spew HATE for Israel.
He is the God of those that accept and believe in Him. Israel does not.
That's a Satanic LIE! You don't know that. Just more HATRED from you.
Yes the people did say that,
Amen! Jesus is the God of Israel!
However the nation itself killed Him
Wow! Another LIE!
and rejected Jesus and was scattered and Jerusalem destroyed. He will not restore them until they come to Him and say blessed is He that comes in the name of the Lord.
Israel is back to stay! All the Israel HATERS in the world won't remove them. If God won't forgive Israel then neither will He forgive YOU!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thread locked as it’s just going round in circles and yet again the lack of being able to discuss without insults being thrown is evident.

Reactions: Ritajanice
Status
Not open for further replies.