Jack Van Impe Challenging Pope Francis to Debate!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is nothing compared to what the RCC has, and as usual you pump out the disinformation & spin. You're information is untrustworthy and disingenuous- and that is putting it mildly.
WRONG.

ALL of the statistics I presented are searchable and verifiable online.

You’re angry because it destroys your argument about the Church being“filthy rich” . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are a dishonest man. You denied the gold throne and the decadence.
WRONG.

Go back and read what I wrote. I said that he doesn’t sit on a throne made of gold, which was the implication.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look, all I'm saying is that if you're going to hijack a promise of God where He says He will cleanse His people by sprinkling them - which any fool recognizes is a spiritual sprinkling, not a literal - then what's stopping you from hijacking God's promise to make dry bones live again? Send your papal priests to the cemeteries and kill two birds with one stone: get those dead folks cleansed AND resurrected.

Or, just admit the ritual of papal priests sprinkling the faithful finds its origin in the worship of Dagon by his priests who sprinkled their faithful, and that the papacy dragged this pagan custom into the Christianity like so many other of papal rituals that are grounded in Satan worship.

Only Christ can cleanse, not some papal priest, not Mary, not the pope, and not the god of the papacy, Satan.
And once again, blind hatred is at the root of your ignorance.

Ezekiel 36:25-27 is a clear prophecy about the SPIRITUAL cleansing that happens at Baptism – and Baptism is done with WATER (Acts 8:36-38). WATER and SPIRIT (John 3:5), Einstein . . .

Your Scriptural ignorance is almost as bad as your historical bankruptcy . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dead Bread, I don't care what the catechism says...if papists are practicing it, if the papacy condones it...if papal leadership is not denouncing it...its catholic religion.

Priests raping kids is not in the catechism either, but the news constantly breaks reports about that, while we hardly ever hear of mainline Protestant church leadership, right?
Still living in TOTAL DENIAL, I see . . .
'Spotlight': It's not just a Catholic problem - Religion News Service

Protestants 'Worse' Than Catholics On Abuse | The American ...

Billy Graham's grandson: evangelicals 'worse' than Catholics on sex ...

Evangelicals 'worse' than Catholics on sexual abuse | The Christian ...

Protestants can no longer dismiss abuse as a 'Catholic problem ...

Report: Protestant Church Insurers Handle 260 Sex Abuse Cases a Year

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dead Bread, I'll stop short of calling you a liar for claiming the papacy only killed 4,000 heretics. However, if after reading this post you continue to spread abroad such a ridiculous claim, you will be exposed as just that:

Over ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND "HERETICS" were slaughtered by direction of papal authorities on the night of St. Bartholomew's Massacre ALONE:

View attachment 6656
And THIS is precisely why I commented earlier on your historical bankruptcy.

For starters, the Church didn’t take part in this violence. This was MOB violence.

Secondly – the number of dead was NOWHERE near the “one hundred thousand” that YOU falsely claim. Estimates vary anywhere from 5000 to 30,000.

Thirdly – this had absolutely NOTHING to do with the Inquisitions, which is what we were talking about.

Finally, Einstein – this didn’t take place in “one night”. This went on over a period of several WEEKS.

Your “facts” are as dishonest and perverted as your false prophetess, Ellen G. White . . .
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG.
ALL of the statistics I presented are searchable and verifiable online.You’re angry because it destroys your argument about the Church being“filthy rich” . . .
I'm not angry, a little disgusted by the disdain, the lack of integrity & the dishonesty you present us with, that's all.
You are a cautionary tale and a perfect poster-boy for the RCC.
See kids , this is what happens when you belong to a counterfeit Religious Club rather then a true believer that has been transformed and reborn from above.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why a protestant hating Roman Catholic goes on a mainly protestant forum? ---in order to attack protestants-I guess??

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not angry, a little disgusted by the disdain, the lack of integrity & the dishonesty you present us with, that's all.
You are a cautionary tale and a perfect poster-boy for the RCC.
See kids , this is what happens when you belong to a counterfeit Religious Club rather then a true believer that has been transformed and reborn from above.
Then PROVE me wrong.
You can never seem to do that - CAN you??

REFUTE what I said about the charitable work of the Catholic Church . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why a protestant hating Roman Catholic goes on a mainly protestant forum? ---in order to attack protestants-I guess??
Nope - to expose ignorant anti-Catholics like YOU and all the lies you tell . . .

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And once again, blind hatred is at the root of your ignorance.

Ezekiel 36:25-27 is a clear prophecy about the SPIRITUAL cleansing that happens at Baptism – and Baptism is done with WATER (Acts 8:36-38). WATER and SPIRIT (John 3:5), Einstein . . .

Your Scriptural ignorance is almost as bad as your historical bankruptcy . . .
There's a problem with your logic:

Baptism is a "one and done" thing - it's a public declaration that we've made an informed, conscious decision to follow Christ (something infants cannot do) and have by faith received cleansing from sin by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Therefore, by associating the Biblical practice of immersion baptism (the only Biblical method) with the useless ritual of catholic priests sprinkling the faithful, the suggestion is that Holy Spirit cleansing is insufficient and requires further effort on the part of the sinful papists who claim the prerogative to intercede between God and sinners - 1 Timothy 2:5 says Jesus is our lone Mediator.

Is not the Holy Spirit able to completely wash away our sin? Then why does the priesthood continue to sprinkle the catholic faithful? Because it is a pagan, sun god worship practice that was dragged into Christianity by papists, period.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still living in TOTAL DENIAL, I see . . .
Lying irreligious posers who infiltrate non-denominational Protestantism for the purpose of exploiting children do not constitute true Protestant leaders - unlike catholic priests who are encouraged, enabled, and protected by papal authorities. You all should be ashamed of yourselves, really.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And THIS is precisely why I commented earlier on your historical bankruptcy.

For starters, the Church didn’t take part in this violence. This was MOB violence.

Secondly – the number of dead was NOWHERE near the “one hundred thousand” that YOU falsely claim. Estimates vary anywhere from 5000 to 30,000.

Thirdly – this had absolutely NOTHING to do with the Inquisitions, which is what we were talking about.

Finally, Einstein – this didn’t take place in “one night”. This went on over a period of several WEEKS.

Your “facts” are as dishonest and perverted as your false prophetess, Ellen G. White . . .
Sorry, but you are either woefully informed about accurate church history or are lying. The papacy was DIRECTLY involved in orchestrating the violence and you are spreading false misinformation and should be banned from this community.

Nothing to say about the pope commemorating the event by having that coin struck? The papacy is just one long history of rape, murder, child rape, child murder, and falsifying the truths of the Bible for the selfish benefit of papists and their god Satan. They don't call it the "Dark Ages" for nuthin.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You apparently never read your own posts.
I could say the very same about YOU.

When you lie and are corrected or spread hatred based on nothing but your own opinions - don't be surprised when an educated Catholic sets you straight. If you wanna accuse people here of being "mean spirited" or "rude" - just look in the mirror . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lying irreligious posers who infiltrate non-denominational Protestantism for the purpose of exploiting children do not constitute true Protestant leaders - unlike catholic priests who are encouraged, enabled, and protected by papal authorities. You all should be ashamed of yourselves, really.
You know - denial ain't just a river in Egypt.
Here are some more . . .

Evangelical Sex Abuse Record ‘Worse’ Than Catholic, Says Billy Graham’s Grandson

Protestant Churches Grapple With Growing Sexual Abuse Crisis : NPR

Protestants can no longer dismiss abuse as a ‘Catholic problem’

Child Sex Abuse More Prevalent Among Protestants Than Among Catholics

There Is More Sexual Abuse In The Protestant Churches Than Catholic

Catholic priests no guiltier of sex abuse than other clergy

Data Shed Light on Child Sexual Abuse by Protestant Clergy

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a problem with your logic:

Baptism is a "one and done" thing - it's a public declaration that we've made an informed, conscious decision to follow Christ (something infants cannot do) and have by faith received cleansing from sin by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Therefore, by associating the Biblical practice of immersion baptism (the only Biblical method) with the useless ritual of catholic priests sprinkling the faithful, the suggestion is that Holy Spirit cleansing is insufficient and requires further effort on the part of the sinful papists who claim the prerogative to intercede between God and sinners - 1 Timothy 2:5 says Jesus is our lone Mediator.

Is not the Holy Spirit able to completely wash away our sin? Then why does the priesthood continue to sprinkle the catholic faithful? Because it is a pagan, sun god worship practice that was dragged into Christianity by papists, period.
Ummmmmmm, can you show me ONE verse in ALL of the Bible that states full immersion is the ONLY way to Baptize??
Yeah, I didn't think so, Einstein . . .

As for Baptism - it doesn't need to be "public".
NOBODY was present at the Baptism of the Ethiopian Eunuch in Acts 8 but he and Philip.

Finally - In the Baptisms of Cornelius, the Philippian Jailer and Stephanas - the ENTIRE HOUSEHOLDS were baptized.
"Entire households" included people of ALL ages - even babies. This is why we read from the Early Church that Baptizing Babies was a Tradition that was handed down to them by the APOSTLES themselves:

Irenaeus
"He [Jesus] came to save all through himself; all, I say, who through him are reborn in God: INFANTS, and children, and youths, and old men. Therefore he passed through every age, becoming an infant for infants, sanctifying infants; a child for children, sanctifying those who are of that age . . . [so that] he might be the perfect teacher in all things, perfect not only in respect to the setting forth of truth, perfect also in respect to relative age" (Against Heresies 2:22:4 [A.D. 189]).

Hippolytus
"Baptize first the CHILDREN, and if they can speak for themselves let them do so. Otherwise, let their parents or other relatives speak for them" (The Apostolic Tradition 21:16 [A.D. 215]).

Origen
"Every soul that is born into flesh is soiled by the filth of wickedness and sin. . . . In the Church, baptism is given for the remission of sins, and, according to the usage of the Church, baptism is given even to INFANTS. If there were nothing in infants which required the remission of sins and nothing in them pertinent to forgiveness, the grace of baptism would seem superfluous" (Homilies on Leviticus 8:3 [A.D. 248]).

"The Church received from the apostles the tradition of giving baptism even to INFANTS. The apostles, to whom were committed the secrets of the divine sacraments, knew there are in everyone innate strains of [original] sin, which must be washed away through water and the Spirit" (Commentaries on Romans 5:9 [A.D. 248]).

Cyprian of Carthage
"As to what pertains to the case of infants: You [Fidus] said that they ought not to be baptized within the second or third day after their birth, that the old law of circumcision must be taken into consideration, and that you did not think that one should be baptized and sanctified within the eighth day after his birth. In our council it seemed to us far otherwise. No one agreed to the course which you thought should be taken. Rather, we all judge that the mercy and grace of God ought to be denied to no man born" (Letters 64:2 [A.D. 253]).

Gregory of Nazianz
"Do you have an INFANT child? Allow sin no opportunity; rather, let the INFANT be sanctified from childhood. From his most tender age let him be consecrated by the Spirit. Do you fear the seal [of baptism] because of the weakness of nature? Oh, what a pusillanimous mother and of how little faith!" (Oration on Holy Baptism 40:7 [A.D. 388]).

John Chrysostom
"You see how many are the benefits of baptism, and some think its heavenly grace consists only in the remission of sins, but we have enumerated ten honors [it bestows]! For this reason we baptize even INFANTS, though they are not defiled by [personal] sins, so that there may be given to them holiness, righteousness, adoption, inheritance, brotherhood with Christ, and that they may be his [Christ’s] members" (Baptismal Catecheses in Augustine, Against Julian 1:6:21 [A.D. 388]).

Augustine
"The custom of Mother Church in baptizing INFANTS is certainly not to be scorned, nor is it to be regarded in any way as superfluous, nor is it to be believed that its tradition is anything except APOSTOLIC" (The Literal Interpretation of Genesis 10:23:39 [A.D. 408]).

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmmmmm, can you show me ONE verse in ALL of the Bible that states full immersion is the ONLY way to Baptize??
Yeah, I didn't think so, Einstein . . .

As for Baptism - it doesn't need to be "public".
NOBODY was present at the Baptism of the Ethiopian Eunuch in Acts 8 but he and Philip.

Finally - In the Baptisms of Cornelius, the Philippian Jailer and Stephanas - the ENTIRE HOUSEHOLDS were baptized.
"Entire households" included people of ALL ages - even babies. This is why we read from the Early Church that Baptizing Babies was a Tradition that was handed down to them by the APOSTLES themselves:

Irenaeus
"He [Jesus] came to save all through himself; all, I say, who through him are reborn in God: INFANTS, and children, and youths, and old men. Therefore he passed through every age, becoming an infant for infants, sanctifying infants; a child for children, sanctifying those who are of that age . . . [so that] he might be the perfect teacher in all things, perfect not only in respect to the setting forth of truth, perfect also in respect to relative age" (Against Heresies 2:22:4 [A.D. 189]).

Hippolytus
"Baptize first the CHILDREN, and if they can speak for themselves let them do so. Otherwise, let their parents or other relatives speak for them" (The Apostolic Tradition 21:16 [A.D. 215]).

Origen
"Every soul that is born into flesh is soiled by the filth of wickedness and sin. . . . In the Church, baptism is given for the remission of sins, and, according to the usage of the Church, baptism is given even to INFANTS. If there were nothing in infants which required the remission of sins and nothing in them pertinent to forgiveness, the grace of baptism would seem superfluous" (Homilies on Leviticus 8:3 [A.D. 248]).

"The Church received from the apostles the tradition of giving baptism even to INFANTS. The apostles, to whom were committed the secrets of the divine sacraments, knew there are in everyone innate strains of [original] sin, which must be washed away through water and the Spirit" (Commentaries on Romans 5:9 [A.D. 248]).

Cyprian of Carthage
"As to what pertains to the case of infants: You [Fidus] said that they ought not to be baptized within the second or third day after their birth, that the old law of circumcision must be taken into consideration, and that you did not think that one should be baptized and sanctified within the eighth day after his birth. In our council it seemed to us far otherwise. No one agreed to the course which you thought should be taken. Rather, we all judge that the mercy and grace of God ought to be denied to no man born" (Letters 64:2 [A.D. 253]).

Gregory of Nazianz
"Do you have an INFANT child? Allow sin no opportunity; rather, let the INFANT be sanctified from childhood. From his most tender age let him be consecrated by the Spirit. Do you fear the seal [of baptism] because of the weakness of nature? Oh, what a pusillanimous mother and of how little faith!" (Oration on Holy Baptism 40:7 [A.D. 388]).

John Chrysostom
"You see how many are the benefits of baptism, and some think its heavenly grace consists only in the remission of sins, but we have enumerated ten honors [it bestows]! For this reason we baptize even INFANTS, though they are not defiled by [personal] sins, so that there may be given to them holiness, righteousness, adoption, inheritance, brotherhood with Christ, and that they may be his [Christ’s] members" (Baptismal Catecheses in Augustine, Against Julian 1:6:21 [A.D. 388]).

Augustine
"The custom of Mother Church in baptizing INFANTS is certainly not to be scorned, nor is it to be regarded in any way as superfluous, nor is it to be believed that its tradition is anything except APOSTOLIC" (The Literal Interpretation of Genesis 10:23:39 [A.D. 408]).
Not a single thing in Scripture to suggest baptism is anything other than the one being baptized going completely under water.

Why do you papists insist on doing things that are opposed to Biblical methods? Because the papacy is of its father the devil...and the papacy will BURN along with the devil in the Lake of Fire, so "come out of her, My people, that ye be not partakers of her (papal) sins and recieve not of her plagues." If you're a true Christian, you need to come out, Dead Bread.